Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading

Lupus_Spiritu

I'm going to try and make this short and sweet.

Warframe has the most horrendous and buggy player to player trading system I have ever seen in any game.

Facts:
1: You have to drop literally everything, and go to literally a completely different zone in order to trade.
2: You have a limit of trades per day, which I accept may be a design decision, but it's quite annoying.
3: You are charged a tax on every single item traded.
4: You are UNABLE to trade mastery limited items. Imagine being a new player, desperately needing platinum, managing to get a blueprint to some rare weapon. Sorry tough luck, you're unable to sell that blueprint for the platinum that you desperately need. You are legitimately stuck with that blueprint in your inventory till you reach a higher mastery. I know this is a game decision, but it should be classified as a bug.
5: You are unable to trade a huge majority of the items in the game, leaving out a lot of potential farming avenues such as say selling extra wisp parts, or nidus parts.

These are all game developer decisions, but overall they contribute to a very frustrating method of limiting trading in general. They show a developer that is very anti-trade.

Now let's move onto the bugs that I have encountered just in the last week.
1: Quite often, a good 30% of the time, players when they join the dojo they're sent straight to the railjack, this requires explanation to the player that trades cannot occur while he's in the railjack, and he's forced to figure out how to leave the railjack for the trade to commence.
2: Very often, of late almost 80% of the time, one cannot invite players to the dojo due to them being "offline". The only way to fix this is for the player affected to literally restart the game. Try explaining that to a non-english speaker. "GAME BUGGED! You Restart Game! Trade No! Restart Trade Yes!" Yes I have had that conversation before, too many times, and yes I have restarted my game to make sure it wasn't me.
3: Upon the player entering the squad, they will start loading the dojo, and then simply get kicked back to their orbiter. This again, requires a restart.
4: Upon the player entering the dojo, they are invisible, and nobody can trade with them. Again... restart...
5: Upon entering the dojo, they can trade, however the GUI doesn't load, and therefore they have no boxes to trade items in. Again... Restart... You're seeing a pattern here by now.
6: Upon accepting a trade, the trade will throw out two windows, one of them saying that the trade has succeeded, and one saying that it hasn't. This basically means that the trade will have to be redone.
7: Upon the player transferring from one dojo to another, their login session will become permanently bugged, making them invisible to all players no matter where they are, also impossible to trade. Again, restart...
8: Sometimes when receiving a message to trade, I cannot respond due to the player being "offline", amusingly enough that same player is inviting me to his dojo to trade, and we successfully complete the trade with someone who is "offline".
9: When trying to trade, quite often the trade menu will state that one of the players is mastery rank 0, only solution is restart the dojo's instance.
10: Sometimes the player will load into the dojo, be visible, be active, but the trade window does not recognize them. In situations such as these the trade menu is delayed, and can take up to 3 minutes to detect a new player.

Those are just some of the more notable bugs that I could remember off the top of my head. I'm not even beginning on the warframe.market bugs because I know that DE can't solve any of them because it is a third party website.

Long story short, that has been my experience with trading. If you all are interested, share some of the bugs you have encountered, and hopefully DE will read this topic, and maybe look into making trading actually slightly more pleasant, and maybe a tad less buggy. As it is now, I have given up trading multiple times this week simply because of the horrendous amount of bugs.

4 minutes ago, Lupus_Spiritu said:

Proceeds to write an essay.

Long story short

First part is how it works. It has been the same since start and I get it is a bit frustrating for a new player but it gets better. Second part is mostly known bugs and most of them are related to your or your trade partner's connection. They are not as common as you made out to be either.

I'm not saying trading isn't problematic. There are more pressing issues like gamebreaking bugs and automated trade bans.

hace 12 minutos, Lupus_Spiritu dijo:

Warframe has the most horrendous and buggy player to player trading system I have ever seen in any game.

Facts:
1: You have to drop literally everything, and go to literally a completely different zone in order to trade.
2: You have a limit of trades per day, which I accept may be a design decision, but it's quite annoying.
4: You are UNABLE to trade mastery limited items. Imagine being a new player, desperately needing platinum, managing to get a blueprint to some rare weapon. Sorry tough luck, you're unable to sell that blueprint for the platinum that you desperately need. You are legitimately stuck with that blueprint in your inventory till you reach a higher mastery. I know this is a game decision, but it should be classified as a bug.
5: You are unable to trade a huge majority of the items in the game, leaving out a lot of potential farming avenues such as say selling extra wisp parts, or nidus parts.

These are all game developer decisions, but overall they contribute to a very frustrating method of limiting trading in general. They show a developer that is very anti-trade.

Now let's move onto the bugs that I have encountered just in the last week.
1: Quite often, a good 30% of the time, players when they join the dojo they're sent straight to the railjack, this requires explanation to the player that trades cannot occur while he's in the railjack, and he's forced to figure out how to leave the railjack for the trade to commence.
2: Very often, of late almost 80% of the time, one cannot invite players to the dojo due to them being "offline". The only way to fix this is for the player affected to literally restart the game. Try explaining that to a non-english speaker. "GAME BUGGED! You Restart Game! Trade No! Restart Trade Yes!" Yes I have had that conversation before, too many times, and yes I have restarted my game to make sure it wasn't me.
3: Upon the player entering the squad, they will start loading the dojo, and then simply get kicked back to their orbiter. This again, requires a restart.
4: Upon the player entering the dojo, they are invisible, and nobody can trade with them. Again... restart...
5: Upon entering the dojo, they can trade, however the GUI doesn't load, and therefore they have no boxes to trade items in. Again... Restart... You're seeing a pattern here by now.
6: Upon accepting a trade, the trade will throw out two windows, one of them saying that the trade has succeeded, and one saying that it hasn't. This basically means that the trade will have to be redone.
7: Upon the player transferring from one dojo to another, their login session will become permanently bugged, making them invisible to all players no matter where they are, also impossible to trade. Again, restart...
8: Sometimes when receiving a message to trade, I cannot respond due to the player being "offline", amusingly enough that same player is inviting me to his dojo to trade, and we successfully complete the trade with someone who is "offline".
9: When trying to trade, quite often the trade menu will state that one of the players is mastery rank 0, only solution is restart the dojo's instance.
10: Sometimes the player will load into the dojo, be visible, be active, but the trade window does not recognize them. In situations such as these the trade menu is delayed, and can take up to 3 minutes to detect a new player.

Those are just some of the more notable bugs that I could remember off the top of my head. I'm not even beginning on the warframe.market bugs because I know that DE can't solve any of them because it is a third party website.

Long story short, that has been my experience with trading. If you all are interested, share some of the bugs you have encountered, and hopefully DE will read this topic, and maybe look into making trading actually slightly more pleasant, and maybe a tad less buggy. As it is now, I have given up trading multiple times this week simply because of the horrendous amount of bugs.

I have 4 years in the game.... made thousans of trades and not even once face any of those bugs ... seems your conection its crap pal .

33 minutes ago, Lupus_Spiritu said:

So that you actively engange in trading. No set it and forget it.
A quick search would have shown you all the discussions about that matter...

So that you still have to play the game instead of just buying EVERYTHING.
Or if you want to buy everything you have to take your sweet time. And you can get more trades with higher MR. Pretty good in my opinion.

Oh yeah... a few credits... 
If you don't have the credits for trading, then you just started playing. Maybe you shouldn't trade when not being far into the game just yet.
Soon credits won't be an issue anymore. Again, just play the game. Try some Railjack Missions.

Why is it a bug. It's set up like that.
And in what circumstance are you in DESPERATE need of platinum?
One could also argue that trading the premium currency is a luxury you have to unlock by dedicatedly playing the game.

Said it multiple times: DE wants you to play their game. Not just buy stuff.
Do you know how boring it actually is to be high MR, having everything in the game, and having almost nothing else to do? This might sound silly to you, but be glad that you are still able to achieve things in the game.

If you all are interested, share some of the bugs you have encountered, and hopefully DE will read this topic, and maybe look into making trading actually slightly more pleasant, and maybe a tad less buggy. As it is now, I have given up trading multiple times this week simply because of the horrendous amount of bugs.

I mean... you did if all wrong. So why would DE care?
DE specifically set up a BUG REPORT FORUM for you to REPORT BUGS. But you posted in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS so that we can DISCUSS where you are wrong.

Man, you just have to love the people that cry about DE not fixing bugs even though they aren't reporting bugs properly...

Edit:
Btw. I just love your made up percentages.

39 minutes ago, dreadley said:

Proceeds to write an essay.

I would have written a lot more, but never figured most people would read it.

39 minutes ago, dreadley said:

Second part is mostly known bugs and most of them are related to your or your trade partner's connection. They are not as common as you made out to be either.

They may not be common to you, however I would also assume that you tend to trade from US to US. Try cross continent trading. In the last week I have given up multiple times on trying to do a trade due to one bug after another. They shouldn't have anything to do with ping, or connections, but if they indeed are related to such things, then obviously DE hasn't bug tested the trading system in a while.

34 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

I have 4 years in the game.... made thousans of trades and not even once face any of those bugs ... seems your conection its crap pal .

My connection is actually pretty good, I have optic fiber with a stable ping of 130 to US, and lower than 200 to most other parts of the world. The fact that you haven't encountered a single one of these bugs makes me wonder if you even play the game of late, or have traded anything of late. A lot of these bugs have become significantly worse since the Heart of Deimos update, which is what prompted me to make this post.

23 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

So that you actively engange in trading. No set it and forget it.
A quick search would have shown you all the discussions about that matter...

So that you still have to play the game instead of just buying EVERYTHING.
Or if you want to buy everything you have to take your sweet time. And you can get more trades with higher MR. Pretty good in my opinion.

Oh yeah... a few credits... 
If you don't have the credits for trading, then you just started playing. Maybe you shouldn't trade when not being far into the game just yet.
Soon credits won't be an issue anymore. Again, just play the game. Try some Railjack Missions.

Why is it a bug. It's set up like that.
And in what circumstance are you in DESPERATE need of platinum?
One could also argue that trading the premium currency is a luxury you have to unlock by dedicatedly playing the game.

Said it multiple times: DE wants you to play their game. Not just buy stuff.
Do you know how boring it actually is to be high MR, having everything in the game, and having almost nothing else to do? This might sound silly to you, but be glad that you are still able to achieve things in the game.

I love how you enjoy assuming that I'm some random MR 5 or something. I'm MR 22, have multiple accounts, and have been playing since before Fortuna was a thing. While I realize that someone like you with Excalibur Prime may look down on those of us who aren't with the "old vanguard". Recognize that I actually spend a large percentage of my time helping out newer players. I see their difficulties, and their problems. I also see the frustrations they have to deal with while they're trying to grind their way through the most basic parts of the game. Amusingly enough, most of these newer players are delighted to receive my help, cause a friend probably around your level invited them into the game, then ditched them as soon as they finished killing Vor. Credits may not seem like much to you, but to a newer player, I have more than once, in-fact many times, taken and carried newer players through index or railjack just so that they could afford a few trades that could make their account stronger. As for the desperate need of platinum, that just shows how out of touch you are with the newer community. It's a vicious cycle. You need platinum in order to buy weapon and warframe slots in order to level up. You need higher MR levels in order to get more platinum, or in some cases even to sell the items stuck in your inventory that could help you with the very same problem you're trying to solve. Newer players are lucky to find anything worth selling for enough platinum to buy a few warframe slots, and with their limited access to the solar system, and the rest of the game due to their lower mastery and capabilities, they struggle with basically feeling helpless to fix their predicament.

I do know how boring it is to actually be high MR. I do know how boring it is to be able to solo kill every single boss in the game no matter how tough. I know how boring it is to have everything, and nothing really give you pleasure to farm anymore. That is why I help out newer players so I can share in their excitement. Maybe you should too. Maybe then you'll understand where they're coming from.

32 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

I mean... you did if all wrong. So why would DE care?

DE specifically set up a BUG REPORT FORUM for you to REPORT BUGS. But you posted in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS so that we can DISCUSS where you are wrong.

Man, you just have to love the people that cry about DE not fixing bugs even though they aren't reporting bugs properly...

Edit:
Btw. I just love your made up percentages.

Yes, yes... you're observational skills are impressive. Just exactly where should I post this in the bug report forum? Believe it or not I looked there. There are the following categories. Matchmaking, Mission, Art & Animation, Sound, Performance, UI, and Game Translations. Just where exactly does my post fall in any of these? Technically you could argue that it has to do with matchmaking considering the horrendous bugs that involve inviting people to your squad. I suppose you could also say it's mission cause you are technically on a mission to the dojo. I suppose you could say it's performance for obvious reasons, or UI. Please oh brilliant genius, define where the "Other" or "General" bug report forum for PC is? Man you just gotta love these white knights who defend DE to the death even though they have no clue what they're talking about.

Btw, are you saying you want me to actually start writing down every single bug and when I find them, and compare them to every successful trade just to give you accurate percentages? That would be a huge waste of time, so I really hope not.

2 minutes ago, Lupus_Spiritu said:

I love how you enjoy assuming that I'm some random MR 5 or something. I'm MR 22, have multiple accounts, and have been playing since before Fortuna was a thing. While I realize that someone like you with Excalibur Prime may look down on those of us who aren't with the "old vanguard".

Not sure if this thread even can continue in a civil manner now. Why do you have to make it about founders in your first reply to your own thread?

Yes, yes... you're observational skills are impressive. Just exactly where should I post this in the bug report forum? Believe it or not I looked there. There are the following categories. Matchmaking, Mission, Art & Animation, Sound, Performance, UI, and Game Translations. Just where exactly does my post fall in any of these?

Even if it doesn't fit properly in one of the sections, just post it there.
Or do you go to your local bakery, trying to buy some ham? What's your plan here? Same with people using Youtube to cry about bugs. If you don't use the appropriate channel, no wonder DE isn't seeing it.
But if you are too lazy, then you just have to suffer. Easy as that.

6 minutes ago, Lupus_Spiritu said:

Man you just gotta love these white knights who defend DE to the death even though they have no clue what they're talking about.

You know that calling someone white knight just shows that you lack any interest in continuing your discussion, do you?

7 minutes ago, Lupus_Spiritu said:

Btw, are you saying you want me to actually start writing down every single bug and when I find them, and compare them to every successful trade just to give you accurate percentages? That would be a huge waste of time, so I really hope not.

No, I'm expecting you to not use made up percentages, because that doesn't help you make a point.

Well I came here off the back of Diablo 3, where you can't really trade anything, craft anything beyond crap weapons and armour and a game where they once had an auction house that got shut down fairly early on.

I'd say be thankful that we can do as much as we can in this game. It could be a lot worse

20 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Not sure if this thread even can continue in a civil manner now. Why do you have to make it about founders in your first reply to your own thread?

I have no intention to make it about the founders. I personally have supported this game multiple times over the years, and brought probably dozens of players to this game who have continued supporting it. I respect the founders greatly as the first people to breathe life into the game. What I do not respect, is the elitist attitude that seems to follow a large portion of the higher ranked veteran players in my experience. Your first post indicated that you share in that attitude when the overall impression of the post was "Suck it up and get good". Your avatar cemented the idea that you are an old time player that due to the attitude of the post, has probably lost touch with what it means to be a newer player. Don't make this thread about the founders. Continue to focus towards the real purpose of the thread, the discussion of trading, it's bugs, and what could potentially be done to improve it for the community.

20 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Even if it doesn't fit properly in one of the sections, just post it there.
Or do you go to your local bakery, trying to buy some ham? What's your plan here? Same with people using Youtube to cry about bugs. If you don't use the appropriate channel, no wonder DE isn't seeing it.
But if you are too lazy, then you just have to suffer. Easy as that.

You know that calling someone white knight just shows that you lack any interest in continuing your discussion, do you?

If I was truly lazy, I wouldn't even play this game. Let alone respond with such a long and dedicated post. I made this thread a discussion about trading, what it has become, and what maybe could be changed to improve the community. In-fact if you read the last paragraph of my initial post, you will find that this thread was supposed to be exactly that. A discussion of the different bugs, and due to the fact that I also included a section about how trade currently works, a request to discuss how it could change.

Overall, I think you misunderstand the entire purpose of the thread. The thread is not to cry and whine, but to inspire conversation, and improve. You trying to shut it down by basically saying "Get gud" undermines the entire purpose behind the thread, and I'm actually dedicated enough to the game and appreciate it enough to push right back.

16 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

While I think the mr locks time gates are stupid and are counterproductive to trading and the fact that it slows  down the exploration of the game the rest of it is fine and works well the way it is. I like being able to do fissure missions and then sell prime parts and do index missions for credits.

Now here's some good discussion. An opinion to share. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Well I came here off the back of Diablo 3, where you can't really trade anything, craft anything beyond crap weapons and armour and a game where they once had an auction house that got shut down fairly early on.

I'd say be thankful that we can do as much as we can in this game. It could be a lot worse

I admit, I come from Path of Exile, which means I come from a game where trading is almost everything. So our different backgrounds do influence our bias.

26 minutes ago, Lupus_Spiritu said:

I have no intention to make it about the founders.

First thing he does is mentioning founders just to attack a response.

27 minutes ago, Lupus_Spiritu said:

The thread is not to cry and whine, but to inspire conversation, and improve.

Then I suggest you to stop crying and whining and start actually listening to many people disagreeing your points. That's how you improve.

29 minutes ago, Lupus_Spiritu said:

Now here's some good discussion. An opinion to share. Thank you.

Looks like it's only good discussion if people agree with you. Hypocrisy?

30 minutes ago, Lupus_Spiritu said:

our different backgrounds do influence our bias.

Then maybe, just maybe try being unbiased?

OP doesn't seek discussion. He seeks validation. Well, good luck.

hace 1 hora, Lupus_Spiritu dijo:

I would have written a lot more, but never figured most people would read it.

They may not be common to you, however I would also assume that you tend to trade from US to US. Try cross continent trading. In the last week I have given up multiple times on trying to do a trade due to one bug after another. They shouldn't have anything to do with ping, or connections, but if they indeed are related to such things, then obviously DE hasn't bug tested the trading system in a while.

My connection is actually pretty good, I have optic fiber with a stable ping of 130 to US, and lower than 200 to most other parts of the world. The fact that you haven't encountered a single one of these bugs makes me wonder if you even play the game of late, or have traded anything of late. A lot of these bugs have become significantly worse since the Heart of Deimos update, which is what prompted me to make this post.

I love how you enjoy assuming that I'm some random MR 5 or something. I'm MR 22, have multiple accounts, and have been playing since before Fortuna was a thing. While I realize that someone like you with Excalibur Prime may look down on those of us who aren't with the "old vanguard". Recognize that I actually spend a large percentage of my time helping out newer players. I see their difficulties, and their problems. I also see the frustrations they have to deal with while they're trying to grind their way through the most basic parts of the game. Amusingly enough, most of these newer players are delighted to receive my help, cause a friend probably around your level invited them into the game, then ditched them as soon as they finished killing Vor. Credits may not seem like much to you, but to a newer player, I have more than once, in-fact many times, taken and carried newer players through index or railjack just so that they could afford a few trades that could make their account stronger. As for the desperate need of platinum, that just shows how out of touch you are with the newer community. It's a vicious cycle. You need platinum in order to buy weapon and warframe slots in order to level up. You need higher MR levels in order to get more platinum, or in some cases even to sell the items stuck in your inventory that could help you with the very same problem you're trying to solve. Newer players are lucky to find anything worth selling for enough platinum to buy a few warframe slots, and with their limited access to the solar system, and the rest of the game due to their lower mastery and capabilities, they struggle with basically feeling helpless to fix their predicament.

I do know how boring it is to actually be high MR. I do know how boring it is to be able to solo kill every single boss in the game no matter how tough. I know how boring it is to have everything, and nothing really give you pleasure to farm anymore. That is why I help out newer players so I can share in their excitement. Maybe you should too. Maybe then you'll understand where they're coming from.

Yes, yes... you're observational skills are impressive. Just exactly where should I post this in the bug report forum? Believe it or not I looked there. There are the following categories. Matchmaking, Mission, Art & Animation, Sound, Performance, UI, and Game Translations. Just where exactly does my post fall in any of these? Technically you could argue that it has to do with matchmaking considering the horrendous bugs that involve inviting people to your squad. I suppose you could also say it's mission cause you are technically on a mission to the dojo. I suppose you could say it's performance for obvious reasons, or UI. Please oh brilliant genius, define where the "Other" or "General" bug report forum for PC is? Man you just gotta love these white knights who defend DE to the death even though they have no clue what they're talking about.

"The fact that you haven't encountered a single one of these bugs makes me wonder if you even play the game of late, or have traded anything of late."

The fact that you dont have absolute nothing of this update ranked up make me think you didnt play lately -.-

Heh, well, allow me to validate then! Warframe's trading system really is awful! What's so wrong with an actual auction house, where you can simply put up items for sale and buy them? For all I care every item put up or bought counts again your daily limit. We are instead stuck with 3th party sites or that miserable trade chat, whispering each other, interrupting missions, and trying to get two people to zone into a dojo, which is not so easy apparently, because, yes, encountered all those bugs before way too often.

Sure, it's better than having no trading system at all, but that is a very low bar to clear, no?

15 minutes ago, Angwah said:

Heh, well, allow me to validate then! Warframe's trading system really is awful! What's so wrong with an actual auction house, where you can simply put up items for sale and buy them?

What's wrong with premium currency requiring actual time investment to trade for? The point is that people are still compelled to buy Platinum.

The trading system in Warframe works quite well for the game and most complaints just stem from not knowing how to use it effectively. You can actually make more Platinum with the existence of Trade Chat and Riven.Market / Warframe.Market simultaneously by buying items on the websites where everyone undercuts each other and reselling in chat for profit, or buying Riven Mods in chat and listing them on the website(s).

54 minutes ago, Angwah said:

Heh, well, allow me to validate then! Warframe's trading system really is awful! What's so wrong with an actual auction house, where you can simply put up items for sale and buy them? For all I care every item put up or bought counts again your daily limit. We are instead stuck with 3th party sites or that miserable trade chat, whispering each other, interrupting missions, and trying to get two people to zone into a dojo, which is not so easy apparently, because, yes, encountered all those bugs before way too often.

Sure, it's better than having no trading system at all, but that is a very low bar to clear, no?

If you use the search function you will find the answer the your question.
DE wants people to interact. An auction house uses a set it and forget it mentality that DE isn't interested in. DE wants the community to build something that feels real. People should make things happen. Interstingly enough Warframe.market and the other trading sites are exactly that. People came together and made it. 
That's what DE wants.
IIRC DE even said they have no interest in an Auction House during one of the Devstreams.
And let's be real here.The concept of an Auction House is easy to understand. DE specifically made something else. It was there intention to not make an Auction House. So what makes you think they will make one now? And for what reason? What's in it for DE?

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

If you use the search function you will find the answer the your question.
DE wants people to interact. An auction house uses a set it and forget it mentality that DE isn't interested in. DE wants the community to build something that feels real. People should make things happen. Interstingly enough Warframe.market and the other trading sites are exactly that. People came together and made it. 
That's what DE wants.
IIRC DE even said they have no interest in an Auction House during one of the Devstreams.
And let's be real here.The concept of an Auction House is easy to understand. DE specifically made something else. It was there intention to not make an Auction House. So what makes you think they will make one now? And for what reason? What's in it for DE?

I have traded plenty, and will trade in the future. I can deal with the current situation, but, yes, I feel like trading is an important part of the game and that the game is throwing up a number of annoying barriers to make it more of hassle than it needs to be. I know no one who has stuck around in the game who does not trade, and, while anecdotal, I am confident in stating that a large part of the active community engages in trading.

Now, does the current trading invite actual interaction? Meh, I can not remember it ever going beyond the 'I want to buy your X. You invite or I will?', followed up with a variant of 'Tnx'. It can be more of course when dealing with zoning into Railjacks or one party being unable to reach the other's dojo and all that, but anyway, it is hardly a very involved or chatty experience and mostly the two parties (or at least me) just want to get back to my game. And those damn whispers are so easily missed!

Perhaps when the community was smaller this was less the case and it might have been a more social thing, but it sure isn't nowadays.

As for what's in it for DE? Well, I very much doubt the market will completely crash, as everyone who has decided to keep playing, probably is already trading. But even if supply suddenly vastly outstrips demand more so than it currently does, without stabilizing in a few months time, it means more people have to buy platinum again for their cosmetics and boosters. 

Your connection might be bad. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 trade bugs in a little over a year. Credits are easy to obtain, too. 

People don't seem to want to accept that this game is part MMORPG: 

It can't all be fighting, you have to set some time aside in the week to farm items and trade them. Progress in the game to sell even more items of greater value. 

Arcanes from arbitrations, arcanes from Vox Solaris, run relic fissures over and over again....I've sold like 5 prime frames and multiple prime weapons and 100 ducat parts the past 2 weeks. 

12 minutes ago, Angwah said:

Now, does the current trading invite actual interaction? Meh, I can not remember it ever going beyond the 'I want to buy your X. You invite or I will?', followed up with a variant of 'Tnx'. It can be more of course when dealing with zoning into Railjacks or one party being unable to reach the other's dojo and all that, but anyway, it is hardly a very involved or chatty experience and mostly the two parties (or at least me) just want to get back to my game. And those damn whispers are so easily missed!

Still, that's interaction. Something an auction house would take away completely.
And as I described: Users making sites like Warframe.market makes the game feel way more alive.
It doesn't matter if you think that this is real interaction, or if it is a lot of interaction. It is. And an auction house isn't.
If I buy something in trade chat or from Warframe.market, I see that there are still other people playing the game. If I were to use an auction house, I just select the wanted item and that's it. It would feel like another market, but not like buying from other players. This feeling actually means a lot to me. (And to DE as well)

12 minutes ago, Angwah said:

As for what's in it for DE? Well, I very much doubt the market will completely crash, as everyone who has decided to keep playing, probably is already trading. But even if supply suddenly vastly outstrips demand more so than it currently does, without stabilizing in a few months time, it means more people have to buy platinum again for their cosmetics and boosters. 

Possibly. I'm not denying it.
But at the same time I think that DE has people that calculates stuff like profit from plat sales and such.
If we needed an auction house, if the trading system really drove away people, then DE would have made an auction house already. The fact that we have the same system since the beginning is showing me that DE has no interest in changing things up.
And you assumption that people might buy more plat doesn't seem to interest DE. They are a company, so they want to make profit. But it doesn't seem like they see any value in an aution house.
Because of that I have to ask again, what is in for DE. What might turn them around on that matter? So far nobody could ever come up with something that looked like a good reasoning that might interest DE.

41 minutes ago, Angwah said:

I actually often go beyond that 'WTB your X, your or my dojo?' stuff. Sure, that generic flow happens more often statistically speaking, but it's always nice to have a little chat with a stranger in the game. It could be anything, i've talked about weathers around us, opinions on the newest update, rants on a certain bug, memes and jokes, other game talks, and a lot others. Heck, even without the small talk, a simple "Have a good day!" to each other feels nice, it feels i'm actually bartering with another human across the globe. And having people to actually come to certain places to trade such as the Dojo or Maroo's helps that experience. I'm choosing this any day over an automated "Set it and forget it" trading system.

And yes, those damned whisper sound effects are so easily missed! Wish the whisper sound effect had it's own volume slider in Settings.

I will echo the existence of some of the most oppressive trade bugs listed in the OP that I have experienced:

Invisible players after joining the dojo. Relatively common for me. Although 'invisible' may be a misnomer, because invisible players would hypothetically still be able to interact. 'Fixed' by waiting an indeterminate length of time for client and host to register each other in the dojo scene, sometimes never resolves. Often results in unfulfilled trade and frustrated traders. I have heard unsubstantiated claims that this is exacerbated by attempts at cross-regional trade. I play in the Asia region so this would not be unduly uncorrelated.

False report by game about player being offline after invite attempt. Only had this start happening to me since Deimos launched, but is happening frequently. Only fixed by restart.

Archived