Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Nightwave....seems to not be well thought out

Thawfoot

MNtq61O.jpgWell hitting prestige rank 60 seems to be the end of prestige ranks

Yet there is another episode to go and 4 high level bounties yet to complete plus what ever else is to come

and the annoying glass mobs. Yet there seems no point now .. as i can no longer receive Nightwave credits

So i have to ask myself ... why aren't the prestige ranks endless? Does DE really want us to not play warframe?

Are they really worried we will make to many credits.. I guess  you could trade of aura mods and the newer ones .. but most items aren't trade-able

So i would suggest @Warframe that either raise the prestige ranks Up to a level that matches the content or make it endless

Yup this arbitrary limit was just set because they probably didn't think seasons would last that long. But now it seems to be the normal length.

For glass mobs I wouldn't say they're useless. If Investigation 5 includes a repeatable content (i.e. a boss), you'll need the fragments.

Honestly, I think there should be a diminishing  reward for the prestige past 60, since there's frankly not much worth getting in nightwave anyway.  Something like after prestige 60 you get 5-10 NW credits for getting 10k standing.  It gives some reward, but little reason to grind hard on it unless you really want / need something.

The reason that the limit doesn't match the total amount of standing you can get is so new players don't have to complete every goal, which may be difficult or impossible depending on their skill, gear, getting a party, exc.  They did increase the max prestige during the last intermission because glassmaker took longer to release.

On 2020-09-16 at 10:14 AM, souldead341 said:

Honestly, I think there should be a diminishing  reward for the prestige past 60, since there's frankly not much worth getting in nightwave anyway.  Something like after prestige 60 you get 5-10 NW credits for getting 10k standing.  It gives some reward, but little reason to grind hard on it unless you really want / need something.

sure this makes sense... more punishment for playing the game...

same as being the first to do something any more

really getting to go play some one else game...  show up every 3 month  and play for a few day.. till they get the "bugs' ironed out ...

which is really to bad i like warframe...

On 2020-09-16 at 1:14 PM, souldead341 said:

Honestly, I think there should be a diminishing  reward for the prestige past 60, since there's frankly not much worth getting in nightwave anyway. 

Nonsense. Extra kuva and potatoes are always worth getting. Not to mention it's a good free path to improving your endgame setup... fashion!

On 2020-09-19 at 8:16 PM, Uthael said:

I see glass mobs as free standing.

Rename the topic to include the rank 60 problem. Current title is ambiguous.

My opinion about ranks 61+:
Let them continue  indefinitely and let them be worth 15 creds. Why fix something that aint broken?

Probably cuz DE wants to limit the amount of Kuva, Nitrate, reactors and catalyst you can get out of the system. wither that is a good or not, I will leave that to you. I think NW should be on 17 weeks rotation, strictly.

On 2020-09-17 at 3:14 AM, souldead341 said:

The reason that the limit doesn't match the total amount of standing you can get is so new players don't have to complete every goal, which may be difficult or impossible depending on their skill, gear, getting a party, exc.  They did increase the max prestige during the last intermission because glassmaker took longer to release.

ranks beyond 30 are already diminished rewards.

On 2020-09-18 at 6:23 PM, Thawfoot said:

how is it punishment? right now if you hit 60, you get nothing at all. literally anything is more than nothing and most of the challenges you complete during normal play

On 2020-09-21 at 3:30 AM, --Excalibur-Prime-- said:

how is it punishment? right now if you hit 60, you get nothing at all. literally anything is more than nothing and most of the challenges you complete during normal play

On 2020-09-18 at 5:23 PM, Thawfoot said:

Pretty much my thoughts.  Having a play some every day incentives makes sense (sorties, daily standing, exc.), but massive grinding is usually not encouraged in modern games.  And, with the exception or the vauban parts and nitain, everything else in nightwave is readily available from other sources or purely cosmetic.

You can get kuva from standard luva missions, liches, 2 types of endless, steel essence.  Potatoes come frequently enough from sorties and infrequent invasions and alerts that if you're playing them you get them.  I personally have something like 50 catalysts and 10 reactors sitting around.  If you're really desperate for potatoes,  you can pretty easily grind out some relics for sales and get the plat that way.  And that's a hell of a lot faster than any endless glass cred grinding would be.

You get 1300 crystal cred if you get to prestige 60, which is very doable without massive / difficult grind with the current implementation.  If you're starting from nothing, and want all the non cosmetics it's 360 for all the aura mods, 450 for weapons, 320 for augments, 75 for vauban.  1205 total, starting from nothing.  So a new player could, theoretically, get all the gameplay affecting rewards, or pick and choose which weapons, mods, exc to get and still have plenty of credits for other rewards.  On a personal side, I realized the prestige limit was in place during NW 1 and save my extra credits for the last week, in case there's something I want or need in a later cred offering, rather than spending it all the instant I get it.

If you're that hard up for the cred store rewards, well maybe I just have a different perspective on rewards than you do, since I have a hell of a lot of time from the old alerts system getting most of the cosmetics and aura mods from that.

1 hour ago, souldead341 said:

If you're that hard up for the cred store rewards, well maybe I just have a different perspective on rewards than you do, since I have a hell of a lot of time from the old alerts system getting most of the cosmetics and aura mods from that.

Its not that i,m hard up for credits. and i also have tons of the aura mods and helm bps... its that i have nightwave  things popping up and it no longer is worth while to do them.

Like you said i do the daily content sorties standing caps... then I feel like i,m missing out on an event ,Nightwave, cause i did my weekly log/bounties and i,m at cap.. granted prestige ranks matter little in the grand scheme of things but it feels like your should do your rank 30 then ignore it.. till the last weeks? Then use the catch up mechanic?

I'm hoping they will reintroduce random alerts as part of Nightwave, depending on rewards it could serve as an incentive to do more than gather daily logins after you reach rank 30.

Current Nightwave needs to be properly supported by DE to work (as in we can't have a single season going for half a year when content ends in in less than 2 months), something similar to the old Alerts would help to distract us while waiting for new toys.

If they found ways to add old tactical alert missions into this it would increase variety a lot too (there has been A LOT of one-off event missions that never returned and not all were bad).

I agree this post

There are probably two types of people who say there is no need to.

first. the player who has enjoyed this game for a very long time.

second. the player who has not reached level 60 

It's been a little over 100 days since I started this game

So I needed a lot of ora mods, and.. of course. I bought them

and,,, I bought vauban and quite a lot of nitain

I've reached lv 60 now, and I realize that there is a blueprint for the weapon that I haven't bought yet

just I think

poeple who invest more time should naturally be given more opportunities to earn more

We can't get anything anymore, but we are just being attacked by glassmakers all of course

I've heard from people who have played game for a long time that this was one of the changes for new players

It's not a good change for new players, given that I've only been enjoying this game for a little over 100 days now

As long as the compensation cap exists, more choices are lost because there is something that must be obtained through nightwave

So. I think, there is not a need to set a level limit

Where are the [DE] who don't comment on it? it makes no sense to limit the NW. I've already lost more than 45 creeds caught in 60.
Le 14/09/2020 à 04:13, Thawfoot a dit :

MNtq61O.jpgBem, atingir a classificação de prestígio 60 parece ser o fim das classificações de prestígio

Ainda há outro episódio para ir e 4 recompensas de alto nível ainda para completar, além de tudo o que está por vir

e os irritantes mobs de vidro. No entanto, parece que não faz sentido agora .. já que não posso mais receber créditos do Nightwave

Então eu tenho que me perguntar ... por que as classificações de prestígio não são infinitas? DE realmente quer que não brinquemos de guerra?

Eles estão realmente preocupados que faremos muitos créditos? Eu acho que você poderia trocar mods de aura e os mais novos .. mas a maioria dos itens não podem ser trocados

Então eu sugeriria @Warframe que eleva o prestígio a um nível que corresponda ao conteúdo ou o torna infinito

Archived