Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time gated Prime mods are dumb

Fukoshi

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Geez, this topic turned bad quickly, all OP did was ask that Baro not sells Primed Mods or place them into a login thing.

Christ people.

I didn't say baro shouldn't sell them, I only talk about the login reward Primed mods and how time gating them is stupid.

Just now, Fukoshi said:

Daikyu, Dread, Paris Prime, Zhuge, Nagantaka, Cernos Prime, Opticor+Vandal, Ignis, Ogris, Battacor, Tiberon, Ferrox, Grinlok

These are slow weapons, that need Fire rate, and giving them extra punch through makes them more viable against the "horde" style warframe uses.

1. Ever heard of Vile Acceleration?

2. Yeah... none of these weapons require any of the primed mods. As I said, they may perform a little bit better. But nothing more...

Absolutely none of those things are a necessity even for endgame.

However, I do agree time gating primed mods behinds behind 200+ days of play each is a bad system and they should be moved somewhere else in the game, and something else should be put in their place.

And this isn't sour grapes coming from me, the only time gated login primed mod I don't have I'm like a dozen days away from getting and I'm not personally in any hurry. I just think it's objectively a bad system for releasing them to the players. 

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

1. Ever heard of Vile Acceleration?

2. Yeah... none of these weapons require any of the primed mods. As I said, they may perform a little bit better. But nothing more...

That little bit better, is a lot better. Possibly 1-2 kills/shot to 3-4kills/shot, I don't see why that's a small improvement. 

Altough alright, saying Primed Shred is a necessity, is a bit over the top, but Primed Fury, on any non crit weapon, is needed for that DPS, and Sure footed as well.

4 minutes ago, Fukoshi said:

Primed Fury is a harder mod to level, it's obvious there are "better alternatives for the time being", but 15% increased attack speed over 20% combo count(that doesn't matter after like 3 minutes of slashing) is a lot better, thats why it would be a good "upgrade mod" like every Primed mod.

Primed Shred, Primed Sure Footed are again, a good "upgrade" mods, because there are other mods that do the same, these are objectively better.

Primed Vigor: Yeah it's kinda useless, but still dumb to timegate a mod.

15% attack speed? Statistically yes, but also quite misleading. 10% is more accurate. Primed fury is 10% faster attacks than quickening. Quickening you get 20% faster combos at a much lower cost which gives you more of those juicy heavy attacks.

1 minute ago, Fukoshi said:

Daikyu, Dread, Paris Prime, Zhuge, Nagantaka, Cernos Prime, Opticor+Vandal, Ignis, Ogris, Battacor, Tiberon, Ferrox, Grinlok

These are slow weapons, that need Fire rate, and giving them extra punch through makes them more viable against the "horde" style warframe uses.

Most of those weapons have sufficient punch through. The bows turn killed enemies into projectiles that also hit a bunch as well. The opticor series has an aoe attack in addition to punch through and the ogris you don't want punch through due to the potential to go through walls and not hit the target. Ignis has infinite PT versus enemies and has an aoe on each hit and on termination of terrain and fires fast too. So we are left with the zhuge, nagantaka, tiberon and grinlok.

5 minutes ago, Fukoshi said:

Let's say, they are not necessary, I still don't see any actual arguments against removing the time gate for them.

Exactly. It doesn't matter if they are necessary for the endgame. I could leave out a lot of different primed mods/arcanes/focus, etc. and still pull off endgame content, I may just not have quite as many frame/weapon choices for that particular type of content at that level, maybe certain weak things will be harder to boost to where I need. 

The question is, is this a good system for releasing primed mods in general? The answer is no, it is not. There is no good reason. 

I do want Primed Sure Footed because that mod is such a QoL improvement if I can put it (right now I have to put 2 mods which are Sure Footed + Power Drift which gives me 90% chance to avoid knockdown).

But being a non-necessary mod, I guess I'm fine with DE making it login exclusive so people keep playing (or rather, logging in every day).

Just now, Yagamilight123 said:

They gave you an argument ... you just choose to ignore it . Its the same argument for what for example making excalibur prime available again would be a bad idea .... people that met the requierements for having them would be REALLY angry to be handled to some noob that want things NOW because he said so (or the insanely stupid price you said ... 100 k standing its equal to logging 800 days to you ? .... sure ) .

Invalid comparison. Excalibur Prime was an exclusive promised to founders only and will remain so by contract. 

The price he suggested or acquisition method may not be the best idea, but I still see no good reason to keep the current system. 

Your argument is literally "I don't want noobs to have what I have" that's... not an argument, that's just a bad attitude. The mods power doesn't justify locking behind hundreds of login days. Players who got those mods as rewards could be retroactively given the new reward that is the login replacement so they don't feel like they got their reward taken away. Saying you are mad noobs have what you have is not a good argument for anything.

1 minute ago, Yagamilight123 said:

They gave you an argument ... you just choose to ignore it . Its the same argument for what for example making excalibur prime available again would be a bad idea .... people that met the requierements for having them would be REALLY angry to be handled to some noob that want things NOW because he said so (or the insanely stupid price you said ... 100 k standing its equal to logging 800 days to you ? .... sure ) .

Argument? The fact that "I already did 800 logging for it" is an argument? Why is it always the "I had it hard, everybody should have it hard" "argument" that gets brought up? I have 4/5 of these mods, and I don't see why I would be bad to see others receive it sooner.

Just make some other thing that would be worth it to log 800 days in for that's not a mod, but a cosmetic, a "flashy" thing that you can show off. Like how every game has unique "mounts", a flashy ship interior, a good looking landing craft, sick kubrow/kavat skin etc.

Most people on gaming forums have no excuse for anything except "I want it now" and using "fun" as an excuse for not getting over a nerf.

"the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment."

That's what popped up when I googled "entitlement" lol. I never actually saw a real definition of the word before.

Just now, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Most people on gaming forums have no excuse for anything except "I want it now" and using "fun" as an excuse for not getting over a nerf.

"the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment."

That's what popped up when I googled "entitlement" lol. I never actually saw a real definition of the word before.

In this case, it's not a "want it now", but "I want it behind something other than waiting literal years, make it a really hard challenge, hell make it a 10-30 day grind, I don't care, just put it up for people who want to be able to work towards something, not just stuck waiting for it."

6 minutes ago, Fukoshi said:

In this case, it's not a "want it now", but "I want it behind something other than waiting literal years, make it a really hard challenge, hell make it a 10-30 day grind, I don't care, just put it up for people who want to be able to work towards something, not just stuck waiting for it."

You are pushing the goalposts constantly. You started at they were necessary so they should be available a lot sooner. Now you are going with a different route entirely to try to justify it.

I disagree that they are necessary, and at most are a qol or improvements/side grades over much more common mods. The fact you even bring up examples which are completely irrelevant and some which are downright contradictory to your intent says you didn't think this through entirely.

Edit: you really should try converting people to this idea rather than just antagonizing them.

6 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

You are pushing the goalposts constantly. You started at they were necessary so they should be available a lot sooner. Now you are going with a different route entirely to try to justify it.

I disagree that they are necessary, and at most are a qol or improvements/side grades over much more common mods. The fact you even bring up examples which are completely irrelevant and some which are downright contradictory to your intent says you didn't think this through entirely.

Edit: you really should try converting people to this idea rather than just antagonizing them.

Like, yes, I pushed the goalpost(but it's still on the same side), because I realized they are really not 100% necessary, so I changed my opinion, what's bad about it? Should I just stick to it forever for no reason, like those dudes with the "I had it hard, you should have it hard" attitude? I changed the post, so it says so in the start, I realized my bad in there. But the main issue, the Time Gating is still there. And I still don't see any actual arguments highlighting the bad of it, like they did with the "necessity" part. I can change, they should be able to as well.

1 hour ago, (PS4)SoulPharonix said:

The problem with removing the time gating is basically giving a middle finger to everyone who got those items FROM the time gating.
They would need to give those players something equal to the amount of time they put in, or all the Loyalty they put in over the years is now moot.

This would then cause another problem, as people will then complain that those players not only got the free primed mods, but something additional as well.

This would just lead to discord within the community IMO.

"I could stop the trolley and not kill anyone else, but that would be unfair to the people who have already been run over". 

It is weird that people are treating these mods like a grind you have to complete.

They are rewards you get for playing the game for a long time, you get them naturally if you play the game. Since they are unnecessary, minor upgrades to existing mods it makes sense.

You would have hated the old login system even more. At least this one let's you choose.

I wouldn't say the mods are super necessary, just something nice to have.

Primed Fury can be replaced with Berserker on most melee. Primed Shred gives +55% Fire rate which is beaten by 2 mods that cost 7 points less. Primed Sure Footed is the only real game changer but at 16 points for a D polarity I never use this mod.

Out of the 3 I probably use Primed Fury the most and you can get that one pretty quick.

Just now, Hardwood said:

It is weird that people are treating these mods like a grind you have to complete.

They are rewards you get for playing the game for a long time, you get them naturally if you play the game. Since they are unnecessary, minor upgrades to existing mods it makes sense.

Like, Primed Fever Strike, Primed Continuity, or every single Primed mod, why are those not time gated then? Why should these be?

24 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Why does something have to be 800 days? Thats an obscene amount of time.

Did DE ever explicitly promise that login rewards would be exclusive to the current system forever? Im pretty sure they didnt. 

"But elitist sweaty gatekeeping snobs are gonna be mad if other people dont have to "suffer" the same way they did". 

The game shouldnt cater to elitist sweaty gatekeeping snobs.

What about the daily logins tho? the only things daily login system has aside from the primed mods are the weapons and the only ones worth it are Sigma and Octantis,and Zenith there isnt much incetives to login in unless you are a collector and want those weps including the dumb machete or want to try to make Zenistar great again

What we do about the login system then?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

You would have hated the old login system even more. At least this one let's you choose.

I wouldn't say the mods are super necessary, just something nice to have.

Primed Fury can be replaced with Berserker on most melee. Primed Shred gives +55% Fire rate which is beaten by 2 mods that cost 7 points less. Primed Sure Footed is the only real game changer but at 16 points for a D polarity I never use this mod.

Out of the 3 I probably use Primed Fury the most and you can get that one pretty quick.

200 days (Logged in) is pretty quick? Last time I checked, that's nearly 2/3 year, who logs in 200 days in a row? So it's more like a full year, for 1 single mod, that's really usefull. What other game does this? Why is it good that you have to wait 1 year for it? Why are log in rewards not only cosmetics(or caches) like in every good MMO out there(alright, there are mounts, but one could argue they are just "skins" as well)?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

What about the daily logins tho? the only things daily login system has aside from the primed mods are the weapons and the only ones worth it are Sigma and Octantis,and Zenith there isnt much incetives to login in unless you are a collector and want those weps including the dumb machete or want to try to make Zenistar great again

What we do about the login system then?

Those weapons are more of a novelty item, and that is a good thing.

I would change the milestones to strictly cosmetic/cache system, maybe some novelty items, like those weapons, because they are way less useful than any mod can be, and more of an item that shows "I logged in a lot of times, I have been here for years".

Archived