Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Download stuck at 249.4 MB

sabaka_kusaka
Message added by [DE]Momaw,

We are aware of this issue where some of you are seeing the launcher as "stuck" at this specific point of 249 megabytes remaining with this recent update. Your update is not frozen. It's processing a very large file in the cache which depending on the speed of your computer and internet connection could take a while. Restarting the process over and over, or re-verifying the cache, is not going to help you out. Please just be patient and let the game work. As others have noted, it may take upwards of half an hour.

During the installation of the new hot-fix, the download paused at 249.4 and no longer loads. We tried to turn the installation off and on again, but it didn't help. I also tried to re-log in to steam, but it didn't help either.
What should I do? I want to play Warframe, but the download doesn't allow it. If someone has the same problem, how did you solve it?☹️

Hello

My launcher have been stuck at "CHECKING FOR NEW CONTENT...  249.4 MB" for hours.

I tried to restart my computer, change to cable connection, changing the Graphics API, verify and optimize the download cache, but none of them worked. Does anyone have a solution to this?

its jus frustrating...enough is enough...no need for reworks, bugs fixing and nerfing the game if your updates are so bad to install 

it stucked at exact 294.5 mb 58 % why i have to face this issue every time de launches an update i cant play for a whole day... again i can download whole 33gb game from steam  in 20 min but your stupid not even a gb update took days srsly guys pls rework on this issue 

try this with caution:

1- find your warframe installation directory and go to  "Tools" directory ... "drive:\whereeveritis\Warframe\Tools\"

2- make sure warframe related files are not running, so check with task manager. "Launcher.exe" and "Warframe.x64.exe" (or Warframe.exe if there are 32bit version around)

3- rename "Launcher.exe" to "Launcher.exe.bugged" ... and then "Launcher.exe~RF19afd7e4.TMP" to "Launcher.exe" (file may have different random letters and "TMP" at the end) ... you may need console skills to rename exe files

4- try running again. above step should work as the TMP file is the previous launcher. If this does not work it is possible your drive is getting broken and a game file might be in that broken section.

again ... be cautious not to delete/rename any other file as I cant say if anything goes wrong.

28 minutes ago, VinayakDeVenko said:

its jus frustrating...enough is enough...no need for reworks, bugs fixing and nerfing the game if your updates are so bad to install 

it stucked at exact 294.5 mb 58 % why i have to face this issue every time de launches an update i cant play for a whole day... again i can download whole 33gb game from steam  in 20 min but your stupid not even a gb update took days srsly guys pls rework on this issue 

verify integrity of game cache and let the launcher optimize the install.

its highly likely to be something on your end as youre the only person ive heard of with this issue. if nothing else, open a support ticket about it.

20 minutes ago, yilmazdurmaz said:

try this with caution:

1- find your warframe installation directory and go to  "Tools" directory ... "drive:\whereeveritis\Warframe\Tools\"

2- make sure warframe related files are not running, so check with task manager. "Launcher.exe" and "Warframe.x64.exe" (or Warframe.exe if there are 32bit version around)

3- rename "Launcher.exe" to "Launcher.exe.bugged" ... and then "Launcher.exe~RF19afd7e4.TMP" to "Launcher.exe" (file may have different random letters and "TMP" at the end) ... you may need console skills to rename exe files

4- try running again. above step should work as the TMP file is the previous launcher. If this does not work it is possible your drive is getting broken and a game file might be in that broken section.

again ... be cautious not to delete/rename any other file as I cant say if anything goes wrong.

I don't see file named "Launcher.exe~RF19afd7e4.TMP" under the tools folder. I see "Launcher.exe and RemoteCrashSender.exe"

tried to fix the exact same problem yesterday evenin... 249,4 mb, already deleted files in cache.windows to force a new download. That worked till the annoying 249.4. i veryfied and optimized cache via launcher, nothing helped... is there another way i can try to fix this? (a whole download will take a day :) )

Sadly the files are corrupted & thats whats causing the download to stop, as for a fix? I don't think there is 1.
Also, I'm having the same issue.
I think your best bet is to send a support ticket letting the devs know you can't play their game due to the launcher.

5 hours ago, Fancy_Boy said:

I don't see file named "Launcher.exe~RF19afd7e4.TMP" under the tools folder. I see "Launcher.exe and RemoteCrashSender.exe"

sorry i forgot to check for hidden file problem. this TMP file might be hidden, so you may also need to change some explorer settings to show them. the place changes with different windows versions, even for versions of windows 10.  for recent W10 versions, it is in the "view" menu section; uncheck  "hidden items" box.

if you dont see this TMP file even after this step, then you have to wait for another fix 😒

Archived