The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Didn't play for a year, is Valkyr still irrelevant?

SonicSonedit

No warframe is irrelevant. They can all go through every form of content in this game and, depending on your personal playstyle, have a lot of fun doing it. The only bits of content that you may want a specific warframe is spy missions. The real question would be whether or not Valkyr has a similar playstyle that she used to have when you were here a year ago.

To THAT question, yes. She's still a berserker-type warframe that can still dish out huge amounts of melee damage and has some of the best survivability in the game. With the change to how switching between gun and melee (forgot how long ago this update was), she can even shoot while still in Hysteria (kind of. it turns off and on).

Those who think warcry is her only saving grace are the same ones who never learned to play Valkyr aside from pressing 2 and faceplanting their keyboard. They're just happy they can yank off one of her abilities and slap it on their own favorite warframe instead.

The best advice I saw in this thread is to just go hop on and play her yourself. If she still interests you, then go have fun. It's YOUR game, not these random nobodies on this forum (including me). I do also suggest looking up some recent builds as mods and augments have been introduced since last you were here. And the new Helminth system can also be a big boon to her.

1 hour ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Shame that an arcane does the same thing. Also berserker will be a staple of melee builds as long as it remains multiplicative to other speed buffs. 
Plus any frame can have Warcy now, albeit at reduced effectiveness 

Yea, it's an option, and not mandatory to use. What if I want to use a different arcane? What if I dont want to use berserker along with valkyrs massive speed buff for a particular mission? 

What if I'm actually using Valkyr and not the Helminth version on another frame? 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea, it's an option, and not mandatory to use. What if I want to use a different arcane? What if I dont want to use berserker along with valkyrs massive speed buff for a particular mission? 

What if I'm actually using Valkyr and not the Helminth version on another frame? 

You do you. Just pointing out that her best ability is basically an arcane that can be permanently active, and further more that it can be infused

Just now, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

You do you. Just pointing out that her best ability is basically an arcane that can be permanently active, and further more that it can be infused

I'm confused, I didn't know there was an arcane that gave a melee speed boost, an armor boost and slowed enemies in my vicinity all in one. Must've missed that on the wiki. 

I'd rather infuse something onto Valkyr and keep the normal Warcry though, but you're right it is a great ability.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

I'm confused, I didn't know there was an arcane that gave a melee speed boost, an armor boost and slowed enemies in my vicinity all in one. Must've missed that on the wiki. 

I'd rather infuse something onto Valkyr and keep the normal Warcry though, but you're right it is a great ability.

You mean that slow you can’t recast until the ability ends? That slow that her augment effectively gets rid of? Armor buffs is alright but we have an arcane for that too , but in the age of shieldgates the value is diminished, especially with auto block being a thing now, given that the ability encourages melee after all. The primary purpose of warcry is the attack speed buff.

1 hour ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

You mean that slow you can’t recast until the ability ends? That slow that her augment effectively gets rid of? Armor buffs is alright but we have an arcane for that too , but in the age of shieldgates the value is diminished, especially with auto block being a thing now, given that the ability encourages melee after all. The primary purpose of warcry is the attack speed buff.

In your subjective opinion*

It's one method of play out of thousands. If you don't like it then don't use it. Pretty simple.

On 2020-10-20 at 3:44 PM, vegetosayajin said:

Wrong, he is pretty killable and one shottable if you go to sufficient levels(even if you mod for adaptation, grace, guardian and even put chroma's thing on him for even more armour/health).

idk man im not the biggest Inaros fan and i actually hate the frames playstyle and overall poopieness with a passion (Nezha is better bcs DR) but when his prime came out i thought he looked pretty enough to just play as an excuse to use the fashion (also endurance testing a riven), and he easily made it past 3 hrs of solo steel path Ophelia survival with no problem (ik people go much further than that but again i dont like his play style enough to put up with that and you really dont need to ever go that long) i did not get one shot
i did have a really nice Skiajati riven with +cc +finisher -sd and paired it with the amalgam Daikyu mod and a magnetic K-nukor for CO priming
this equates to healing all the time for the damage you deal and if ur really in trouble you can just do 1 or 2 finishers or just eat a dude alive till your health is full, not having much DR or shield gating does suck arse but it dosent make him unusable as long as you hate yourself enough

dont get me wrong inaros is still dog S#&$ and he needs a rework but still
Inaros isnt unable to do his job, the way he needs to do his job is what sucks (also other frames that arent even tanks do his job better than him for just a little less braindeadness)

edit: god fk that censor

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Need me to ask one more time if you like it? I'm guessing I shouldn't though, since the mental gymnastics you're trying to pull off could probably lead to a major injury.

? I thought I answered the question, but 3rd time is the charm I guess. I’m neutral to it. Should I say it slower?

I love warcry. It is the bread and butter of valkyr.

I believe it is the greatest melee speed buff of all in terms of stat (wisp and volt ones are a little bit slower, though they also buff non-melee stuff). This makes every slow heavy weapons insanely fast.

The armor boost is really good too, thanks to her high base armor. With 200 power strength, warcry already gives you 700 more armor. If you put arcane guardian, that's 700+900=1600 armor. I know armor is nothing comparing with shield gating, but more damage reduction is always beneficial (until the enemy damage is so highthat you get one-shot). Anyways, the armor buff make me feel good, because it make me feel like valkyr is on a beefy beast mode. What's miore, you can buff your teammates armor too. If you put ice elemental ward on valkyr, she can become a decent armor booster ( may compete with iron renewal buff from oberon)

But the slow effect is nearly non-existent. It needs a rework so that it is an slowing aura rather than a one-cast slow. You may try removing eternal war so you can cast more, but that's not worth it

On 2020-10-20 at 7:05 AM, SonicSonedit said:

Wonder if they changed her somehow or maybe inaros meta changed

The current community narrative being pushed is to make Ripline universal as a “Parazon” Mod and give her kit more mobility/synergy within modern Warframe...either by making Ripline more extraordinary or another new power.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Well you seem to know me better than me, so go ahead

Okay. 

16 hours ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I love how you turn it into that I somehow dislike the ability.

It's because they didn't. You did. 👇

18 hours ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

It's okay to not like something in the game, for your own reasons. And it's fine to say why you don't like it. But at some point, you need to be honest with yourself about that, and when someone points out that you are entitled to your opinion and obviously don't like something, go ahead and own up to it, Tenno. Don't act like they're twisting your words around. 

Now pay close attention to what they said:

17 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

In your subjective opinion*

It's one method of play out of thousands. If you don't like it then don't use it. Pretty simple.

I asked you repeatedly if you like it, and your responses each time indicate that you do not, at best you try to say that you are "neutral", which is obviously not the same as liking a thing. @(PS4)Madurai-Primewas right when he summed up your obvious opinion on it, and what they said about not using it if you don't like it, is good advice. We have options, Tenno many of them can produce similar effects when used wisely, but to make the most of our experience, we gotta start by being honest about whether we actually want to use them.

Good hunting, Tenno. 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

It's okay to not like something in the game, for your own reasons. And it's fine to say why you don't like it. But at some point, you need to be honest with yourself about that, and when someone points out that you are entitled to your opinion and obviously don't like something, go ahead and own up to it, Tenno. Don't act like they're twisting your words around. 

Pointing out the downsides is disliking? I can say a downside of Warcry is that it does not nuke that the entire tile. Does that mean I dislike it? no
Pointing out that something has aspects that have diminished/non-existent value is entirely separate from my feeling about it.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I asked you repeatedly if you like it, and your responses each time indicate that you do not, at best you try to say that you are "neutral", which is obviously not the same as liking a thing

It is indeed not saying the same thing as liking a thing. However, the reason for specifying that I am neutral to it is just that. Saying you don't like something typically implies that you dislike it, which I do not. I am neutral. I have no feeling one way or the other about the ability. This seems to be lost on you.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

@(PS4)Madurai-Primewas right when he summed up your obvious opinion on it, and what they said about not using it if you don't like it, is good advice. We have options, Tenno many of them can produce similar effects when used wisely, but to make the most of our experience, we gotta start by being honest about whether we actually want to use them.

And I agreed that if they liked it then they should go ahead? I'm not going to say someone is wrong for liking an ability. That's their personal opinion. My original point was that Valkyr's value has been diminished since the primary use of her buff (attack speed) is also given by an arcane, and is an infuse-able ability as well. The armor buff is indeed nice, but for most people this would be a secondary benefit.

Archived