Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things Warframe can learn from Genshin Impact...

LoriSei

Just now, LoriSei said:

I'm just a F2P gamer my friend. So I mind my own business alone.

Saying that how ironic for all Veterans here that spent 5k+hrs Warframe "addictions" u just make urself stupid mate

How? When I don't spend money on warframe? How does that make it a damaging addiction? The difference between you and I is that I'm not blissfully ignorant of the damaging effects predatory systems that target addicts can have. 

OP, just give up already. We're all very tired of arguing and being told how "Mihoyo's games are the best of all time". Stop trying to convince people that Skyrim: Gacha Edition is a revolutionary piece of art. Besides, Punishing: Gray Raven (Global) will release in January next year and put all of Mihoyo's games into the dirt. And there's nothing to be done to prevent it. 

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

How? When I don't spend money on warframe? How does that make it a damaging addiction? The difference between you and I is that I'm not blissfully ignorant of the damaging effects predatory systems that target addicts can have. 

Lol I never said I spend money either. So what u on about?

2 minutes ago, Hierarch777 said:

OP, just give up already. We're all very tired of arguing and being told how "Mihoyo's games are the best of all time". Stop trying to convince people that Skyrim: Gacha Edition is a revolutionary piece of art. Besides, Punishing: Gray Raven (Global) will release in January next year and put all of Mihoyo's games into the dirt. And there's nothing to be done to prevent it. 

Afterall my topic is about protraying World Progression and World reward distributions in Genshin. So monetization is off-topic. Neither I even talk about it. Since I'm a F2P in Genshin

11 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Lol I never said I spend money either. So what u on about?

What am I on about? You calling people stupid for spending money in Genshin when they mentally cannot help themselves, you know, the thing I quoted you on in my first post. Try and keep up please.

On 2020-10-29 at 1:21 PM, LoriSei said:

So...

CONS : Resin System (Recharge System) once run out it's either spend in-game currency to refill. Or wait a certain time to fully max charge it . May bound changes but I doubt it :D

PROS: I play it on my PC or my Phone. Or do both Warframe on PC while nothing else to do. Play Genshin on phone. #Realgamer 😎  Which the game also feels AAA-title just listen all the sounds tracks on YT... "Astonishing"

You've said nothing in this post. Apparently, the "Things Warframe can learn from Genshin Impact" are... nothing at all. The only thing you've done is say that you play Genshin and state the types of items in that game. You've given no suggestions, no improvements, and barely even made a comparison. I guess there's a reason this thread is in GD.

9 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

You've said nothing in this post. Apparently, the "Things Warframe can learn from Genshin Impact" are... nothing at all. The only thing you've done is say that you play Genshin and state the types of items in that game. You've given no suggestions, no improvements, and barely even made a comparison. I guess there's a reason this thread is in GD.

Afterall my topic is about "portraying" World Progression and World reward distributions in Genshin.  So monetization is off-topic. Neither I even talk about it. Since I'm a F2P in Genshin

7 minutes ago, Hierarch777 said:

Mihoyo loyalists... And I thought Fortnite fanatics were the only ones that are ridiculous.

To be fair, Genshin is genuinely a good game if you can break away from its Gacha foundation. The issue is that you're going to have a really hard time breaking away from it.

8 minutes ago, Hierarch777 said:

Mihoyo loyalists... And I thought Fortnite fanatics were the only ones that are ridiculous.

FYI I love both games which is good part I play both at the same time. May u ask? PC and Mobile :) I won't give any suggestion if I hate it.

1 minute ago, LoriSei said:

Afterall my topic is about "portraying" World Progression and World reward distributions in Genshin.  So monetization is off-topic. Neither I even talk about it. Since I'm a F2P in Genshin

Sure, but that still has nothing at all to do with Warframe. Your entire thread was off-topic from the beginning.

9 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

To be fair, Genshin is genuinely a good game if you can break away from its Gacha foundation. The issue is that you're going to have a really hard time breaking away from it.

Tnx you're worried about me :3 Well it only took faster since it's also in mobile. Reaching AR 40-45 is the sweetspot.

In Warframe I have spent 3k hrs in-game profile . 4k hrs in Steam (Includes AFK) . So it's alright tbh.

1 hour ago, LoriSei said:

Sorry for a short context...

Nice question. Howerver my subjective thought was. I think Mi-Ho-Yo is trying to aim a single-player as they really put an effort in the storyline a lot. Since there are lots of Cinematics Quest, Open world mysteries, & Puzzles to solve. Idk I'm getting like Skyrim or Witcher vibes while playing it... Not to say they are the same, since there are lores from books and character themselves found in Genshin scattered around the world.

The Jac'kal was the first step. However, rewards never feel rewarding as of now. In Genshin, everytime u ascend a world level. The enemy lvl also increase but also rewards as well. But doing that means abolishing reward system in Warframe. And adding different rarity that drops depending on your MR. Playing with lower lvl teamates means. Rewards are tied in their MR. Not only that resource to crafting material also must change in order to adapt with the change.

Weapons in Genshin has specialized stats like:

• 50% chance of dealing 300% dmg only occur within 15 sec
  • Attacks increase 4% in 6 sec. Stacks 6 times
  • Hitting a chance of 24% speed boost
  • Below 50% increase raw crit-rate by 24%
  • Increase ability damage by 30%
  • Normal Attack incrase Atk Speed 4% in 6sec. Stack 6 times
  • Increase DMG dealt (Specific Enemy)

However since the modding system is there. All the weapons can do Jack-of-All-Trades. Which every weapon in Warframe.

Spiral Abyss. is a floor challenge. Which often relates objectives to be finished in time. Not reaching the time means ur unable to obtain rewards. Somtimes they gave hint in the  description on who is the best to bring.

Example: 5min Timer

Finish the game within above 3 min. Fire spells increase dmg by 20%

Again, pretty much everything you described already exists in Warframe in varying degrees.

Plenty of weapons in Warframe have specialized stats and even have unique passives that alters their gameplay like the new heavy blade you get from Nightwave for free might I add.

Also a good chunk of weapons are usually backed into a corner when it comes to modding since its more optimal to build them status/crit. The point is though you have the choice to decide how you want to build your weapons.

No scaling should be performed of Mastery Rank because the way you increase your Mastery Rank just isn't a healthy way to play the game. Again, Mastery Rank is not a good indicator of how much you progressed through the game. I've played for over 1k hours and I'm only MR 19 even though others could easily have spent more/less time had have higher/lower MR. Tying rewards to your level of Mastery Rank would just cause everyone to mindlessly grind gear they don't care about in order to boost their Mastery Rank. People can still do that right now but its entirely up to them if they think its worth it.

Daily Sorties are probably closest we've got to Spiral Abyss since there are unique mission conditions for each sortie mission. Arbitration missions are also like them but instead of having negative conditions they boost random gear in exchange for a "permadeath" mode. I will admit that I liked it better when dying in Arbitration meant no revives whatsoever because it actually forced you to play as a team or come up with unique ways to avoid death on your own.

il y a 29 minutes, -CdG-Zilchy a dit :

Good to see you can't even man up and retract your statement calling people stupid for having an addiction they are helpless to control... 

Man you are a bit arsh. I have lots of friends who play this things. There are lots of video games around that are degrading crap but look pretty so they get people hooked into them. Genshin impact and so on are games that will always be defended by very casual players, kind of person with often average to low IQ but more importantly no addiction issue and absolutely now ability to conceptualise or forsee anything, it is like that since the first p2w korean games. I'm happy that there is a lot of resistance to this kind of games in occidental countries. Gotcha games are extremly degrading.

Gameplay first, depth second and veto on any shaddy marketing behavior. This is how it should be. Warframe is pretty good at staying at the limit, it's not whale stuff, but it's getting close to it when I see the increasing difficulty of access to platinum from trading. I would hope for Warframe devs to release more content that would facilite trade for dedicated users(basically something like arcanes, hard/gated content wich provide things that really boost the whole account). A influx of new players would also help.

5 minutes ago, Galuf said:

Man you are a bit arsh. I have lots of friends who play this things. There are lots of video games around that are degrading crap but look pretty so they get people hooked into them. Genshin impact and so on are games that will always be defended by very casual players, kind of person with often average to low IQ but more importantly no addiction issue and absolutely now ability to conceptualise or forsee anything, it is like that since the first p2w korean games. I'm happy that there is a lot of resistance to this kind of games in occidental countries. Gotcha games are extremly degrading.

Gameplay first, depth second and veto on any shaddy marketing behavior. This is how it should be. Warframe is pretty good at staying at the limit, it's not whale stuff, but it's getting close to it when I see the increasing difficulty of access to platinum from trading. I would hope for Warframe devs to release more content that would facilite trade for dedicated users(basically something like arcanes, hard/gated content wich provide things that really boost the whole account). A influx of new players would also help.

Oh no I'm not being harsh about him liking it or whatever. I AM judging him for his earlier saying people are stupid for being addicted to spending money on these kind of gacha games. I work around addicts all day, it's a mental disease, they cannot control themselves. Saying they're stupid is just plain ignorant.

Sorry but I just don't see how Genshin's progression system would work in Warframe, and yes I play Genshin. AR 42 as of right now.

Warframe's progression involves going from planet to planet, with each planet having a set level range and, at later planets, also includes new, more powerful enemy archetypes. This works for Warframe because it's almost purely a "dungeon crawler" game. Even in the open world areas, levels revolve around which missions you choose in their hub towns. Typically the higher the level, the better the rewards and the better the experience. This is probably the only similarity Warframe has with Genshin - Genshin's domains and how Warframe's open world mission hubs work.

Genshin's main content is a singular open world that isn't fully open just yet. While there are a few areas harder than others, every enemy is generally around your personal level range. The best way Genshin's devs can keep a game like that being both challenging and rewarding is to introduce world levels so that enemies and their rewards level with you.

Such a system would be disastrous in Warframe and split the community into level-ranged segments (like it does in Genshin, in fact). Higher ranked players would have no desire to play low level areas because the rewards would, generally, not be worth it to them while low level players would be forced to grind for an arbitrary rank in order to complete a planet and continue. It would artificially lengthen Warframe's longevity in a way that would upset and anger the players. There is only two Junctions that ask for players to craft a weapon of a certain MR. Sedna asks for an MR 5 weapon and Uranus asks for an MR 1 weapon. There's a reason why they're such low MR requirements and why it's not widespread throughout all the junctions.

Now while I'm all for newbies NOT getting rides to higher level content and just farm Hydron without learning how to play in the lower level planets first, using Genshin's system just wouldn't be the correct way of fixing that specific problem.

Basically - Genshin works differently than Warframe. They have totally different systems in place because they are totally different types of games.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

This playerbase is close minded and lives inside a small limited box, they don't allow innovation, they don't allow competitors, they just the same bland and boring game to be the same.

The proof? This comment and how many people liked it

You guys are what's wrong with the game

You are close minded if you truly believe there is nothing from other games that Warframe can use to improve itself. By that logic, you must believe Warframe is perfect and does not have any areas that can be improved upon. 

2 hours ago, Tricky5hift said:

Again, pretty much everything you described already exists in Warframe in varying degrees.

Plenty of weapons in Warframe have specialized stats and even have unique passives that alters their gameplay like the new heavy blade you get from Nightwave for free might I add.

Also a good chunk of weapons are usually backed into a corner when it comes to modding since its more optimal to build them status/crit. The point is though you have the choice to decide how you want to build your weapons.

Well my point a bit below the weapon ideas was that Warframe has a modding system that builts around modding. So it's hard to make a content out of it. from a varying standpoint. All of them fighting who stands out the most. Since most of them have the possible build for Jack-of-All-Trades. And the rest returns being a novelty of a weapon. Specially the older guns. Vitrica maybe good but the rest... Goodbye I guess.

27 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

Sorry but I just don't see how Genshin's progression system would work in Warframe, and yes I play Genshin. AR 42 as of right now.

Warframe's progression involves going from planet to planet, with each planet having a set level range and, at later planets, also includes new, more powerful enemy archetypes. This works for Warframe because it's almost purely a "dungeon crawler" game. Even in the open world areas, levels revolve around which missions you choose in their hub towns. Typically the higher the level, the better the rewards and the better the experience. This is probably the only similarity Warframe has with Genshin - Genshin's domains and how Warframe's open world mission hubs work.

Genshin's main content is a singular open world that isn't fully open just yet. While there are a few areas harder than others, every enemy is generally around your personal level range. The best way Genshin's devs can keep a game like that being both challenging and rewarding is to introduce world levels so that enemies and their rewards level with you.

Such a system would be disastrous in Warframe and split the community into level-ranged segments (like it does in Genshin, in fact). Higher ranked players would have no desire to play low level areas because the rewards would, generally, not be worth it to them while low level players would be forced to grind for an arbitrary rank in order to complete a planet and continue. It would artificially lengthen Warframe's longevity in a way that would upset and anger the players. There is only two Junctions that ask for players to craft a weapon of a certain MR. Sedna asks for an MR 5 weapon and Uranus asks for an MR 1 weapon. There's a reason why they're such low MR requirements and why it's not widespread throughout all the junctions.

Now while I'm all for newbies NOT getting rides to higher level content and just farm Hydron without learning how to play in the lower level planets first, using Genshin's system just wouldn't be the correct way of fixing that specific problem.

Basically - Genshin works differently than Warframe. They have totally different systems in place because they are totally different types of games.

Hi I read your post thoroughly. So for me It's posible to bring your mates in any planets but the rewards scales in their MR also why people grind in Hydron was to get XP right? In Genshin they made XP as a reward if u catch my drift rather bringing them to Sedna Hydron... I also know Players are upset since most of them are tied to changes.  So, It's why Warframe is really having a hard time to make creative content as it goes on.

You see it's one of the bad habbits in Warfarme. Where letting everybody takes shortcuts. Means faster content to get in the finish line.

Which the underlying issue was. "New player experience in Warframe has never been interesting"

In Genshin solve this by adding interesting story missions and character storyline between ranks, and keeping them busy in every events weekly. which everyones goal was to unlock the storyline per se and rank-up. So, Imagine the amount of character & storyline will be added and the XP they'll give. So definitely they'll catch up.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

You are close minded if you truly believe there is nothing from other games that Warframe can use to improve itself. By that logic, you must believe Warframe is perfect and does not have any areas that can be improved upon. 

Well it's the same method has been delivered since 2017-2020 as nearing to 2021. I hate to say... Lackluster Performance? People leave and u know why

12 minutes ago, WindigoTG said:

Can you guess why am I playing Warframe and have less than zero intentions to ever come enywhere near close to Destiny? Or Division, or Anthem, or whatever is the hottest scat in town right now.

I see Destiny 2  performing well in Twitch... Idk for Warframe tho.

3 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Well my point a bit below the weapon ideas was that Warframe has a modding system that builts around modding. So it's hard to make a content out of it. from a varying standpoint. All of them fighting who stands out the most. Since most of them have the possible build for Jack-of-All-Trades. And the rest returns being a novelty of a weapon. Specially the older guns. Vitrica maybe good but the rest... Goodbye I guess.

Hi I read your post thoroughly. So for me It's posible to bring your mates in any planets but the rewards scales in their MR also why people grind in Hydron was to get XP right? In Genshin they made XP as a reward if u catch my drift rather bringing them to Sedna Hydron... I also know Players are upset since most of them are tied to changes.  So, It's why Warframe is really having a hard time to make creative content as it goes on.

You see it's one of the bad habbits in Warfarme. Where letting everybody takes shortcuts. Means faster content to get in the finish line.

Which the underlying issue was. "New player experience in Warframe has never been interesting"

In Genshin solve this by adding interesting story missions and character storyline between ranks, and keeping them busy in every events weekly. which everyones goal was to unlock the storyline per se and rank-up. So, Imagine the amount of character & storyline will be added and the XP they'll give. So definitely they'll catch up.

Again, I feel like you're trying to compare apples and oranges here. And the new player experience in warframe is actually very interesting. The problem lies in the fact that it can be complicated for the uninitiated. There are many, many things a new player can do and learn. And the Hydron problem - once again - shouldn't be fixed by segregating players by level. That would be like buying a whole new car when only a windshield needs to be replaced.

As for quests, there are actually quite a few quests in Warframe, but they're used differently. Instead of exp, you get story progression and usually weapon/warframe parts. Segregating exp to only quests, even if they added some more, would be once again disasterous. I mean hell, Genshin's exp giving quests are mainly through dailies after you've completed the story and side quests. Those dailies are quite literally Extermination, Defense, and Disruption.

This is why people keep trying to tell you these two games are too different from each other to be compared like this. Warframe is a looter shooter that focuses on looting and shooting. Genshin is an open world story-driven action RPG. Down to their very core, their systems, player mentality, progression, gameplay philosophy, and even combat is too different.

Archived