Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things Warframe can learn from Genshin Impact...

LoriSei

15 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Leyou Struggles in Warframe. Which it maybe bought by Tencent :D

I really hope you're not implying Tencent bought them because they were struggling. Have you ever heard of League of Legends? They were kicking everyone in the video game market when Tencent decided to get their hands on Riot. Now they basically own them. That happened back in 2011, and again, when the game had already started to kick everyone's ass.

8 minutes ago, Tchaikovskies said:

I really hope you're not implying Tencent bought them because they were struggling. Have you ever heard of League of Legends? They were kicking everyone in the video game market when Tencent decided to get their hands on Riot. Now they basically own them. That happened back in 2011, and again, when the game had already started to kick everyone's ass.

You could also make the argument that after Tencent bought Riot they basically ruined the game because soon after they started releasing all these dumb overpowered champions that took forever to balance but hey, its an excuse to make more skins to sell.

When a multi-million/billion dollar company buys you out you want to boost your profits or else they're going to shut you down.

Tencent does not own DE. They probably only own a small % which probably barely gives them any influence over the game's direction. Even when Leyou bought a portion of shares in DE they already said that DE retains the power to make all decisions about the game.

Until Tencent actually buys a significant portion of the company this isn't an excuse to give in and become another degenerate gacha game.

14 hours ago, LoriSei said:

Being F2P in Genshin Impact is very rewarding since. There are dumb people who pays and us who grinds F2P till we reach that sweet gold. 

My dude...did you really call people who have gambling addictions stupid? Do you not know that there are some people that can't help it? The system is made to prey on those people, GI is a sacha game for a reason. Its hella grindy to the point that it's made to break people so they just pay up. That's such a bad system.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

My dude...did you really call people who have gambling addictions stupid? Do you not know that there are some people that can't help it? Why do you think people think it's predatory, it's made to drain those people of their money, and they cant help that.

This guy calls people who overspend on video games stupid but then feels guilty he doesn't spend money on Warframe like my brain is backflipping out of my skull.

3 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

This guy calls people who overspend on video games stupid but then feels guilty he doesn't spend money on Warframe like my brain is backflipping out of my skull.

My thing is that stupid claim he made that people are stupid because they decide what they can and can't do with their money, and then he's blatantly ignoring the people who are really harmed by games of this caliber.

I don't understand why playing GI F2P is somehow beating the system while playing Warframe F2P isn't?

Maybe its because of how stingy GI is with how it doles out rewards but who knows *shrug*.

The fact that you need to beat a system in order to play GI F2P just shows how inherently predatory it is.

Playing Warframe F2P isn't beating the system. It just is the system.

Gacha games belong on mobile. I gave Genshin a pass because it was kinda fresh, and at start you don't notice the gacha elements as much. Warframe already took enough of the mobile/browser game genre from back in the day, in the form of half to 3 day build times for most of the "relevant" items.

10 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Gacha games belong on mobile. I gave Genshin a pass because it was kinda fresh, and at start you don't notice the gacha elements as much. Warframe already took enough of the mobile/browser game genre from back in the day, in the form of half to 3 day build times for most of the "relevant" items.

That system becomes more or less irrelevant later on in the game as well considering you can basically make an infinite amount of platinum granted you have things to trade.

Nowadays whenever a new weapon or Warframe comes out I'll just rush completion with plat because I know I can easily make it back and would prefer to enjoy what I made right now instead of 12h-72h later.

Which just goes to show how little Platinum itself is worth I mean just consider how DE themselves give out thousands of plat for free just from givaways during streams and such. No gacha game would be caught dead giving away so much of its premium currency to random people. Even the "larger" amounts they may give away through compensation for maintenance and events is strategically not enough to be sustainable otherwise there'd be next to no point in buying it.

Platinum in this game is more like a lubricant to move things along at your own pace in the game whereas things like gems or whatever fortnite bucks equivalent gacha games use is what you use to actually experience the game through the gacha system.

Wanna play as that character? Well insert your 1000 gems and spin the gacha wheel, baby.

29 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:
On 2020-10-29 at 4:39 PM, Tricky5hift said:

You cannot possibly comfortably compare this to Rivens in Warframe because:

1. Rivens are absolutely not necessary for "endgame" content.

2. You can always reroll Rivens instead of scouring the solar system once every week for another Riven for the exact weapon you want with desirable stat rolls.

I'll elaborate further. Rivens are just pure novelty and the way you even acquire them should be proof enough that they're almost completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. They didn't exist for 99% of the game's lifespan and the game was arguably better before they were introduced.

The only somewhat reliable way to get Rivens is from Sorties which shares the same loot pool with freaking Endo and credits. On top of that the weapon type or weapon is completely random so if you want a Riven for your Rubico without paying Platinum for one on the market its completely random.

Specially in higher AR in somewhat between 35-45+, it has a higher chance of getting 5-star artifacts which can be run multiple times gurantee. So ways to upgrade them is also by recycling lower or higher artifacts to reach its max lvl. So thats where the loop goes on.

Although,why I compare it to Riven? Since both provide RNG stats mechanic. I don't care if its not a necessity or what. Only what I know. Warframe is way broken than the other game at this point. Even w/o a Riven.

Howerver being over-powered in Genshin doesn't mean it can 1-hit multiple enemies at once. Which is very amusing to see. Specially in the later floors in Spiral Abyss. The real main selling point overall is on how to do Elemental Combos right. However, Warframe can't replicate it since it only works by switching 2 different elemental atributes.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

My dude...did you really call people who have gambling addictions stupid? Do you not know that there are some people that can't help it? The system is made to prey on those people, GI is a sacha game for a reason. Its hella grindy to the point that it's made to break people so they just pay up. That's such a bad system.

Yes! Because I don't need such luxury to beat the game. Likewise it's your. Yourself alone do stupid things if that happen.

I'm almost reaching AR 40 neither spend a dime, Only what Mi-Ho-Yo gives since they also give provide free characters btw. This time the S tier Fischl as an event. So it benefits me for real.

So then what is the point then if you don't need a dumb RNG reliant stat buffer to one shot things? Wouldn't that be considered a plus?

You also do realize you are perfectly capable of customizing the difficulty of the game by limiting what mods you put on your gear.

GI has the problem of once you reach a certain world level your gear no longer scales properly and relies entirely on your character which you need to grind endlessly to improve. That's not what I'd call enjoyable more like a perpetual cycle of grinding to make yourself stronger then increasing your world level to basically start all over again.

Even after you get the best tier of Artifacts with the best possible stat rolls you still haven't technically improved.

Also once you happen to unlock a new character through the gacha system you'll need to invest an ungodly amount of resources to get them caught up.

I got lucky and unlocked Venti without paying but by then I was so far into the game that I didn't have the resources to get him caught up in order for him to be useful. So from then on I spent like every day grinding the miniscule amount of resources they make available every day because of the stupid resin system up until I got fed up and decided to do literally anything else.

30 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Yes! Because I don't need such luxury to beat the game. Likewise it's your. Yourself alone do stupid things if that happen.

I'm almost reaching AR 40 neither spend a dime, Only what Mi-Ho-Yo gives since they also give provide free characters btw. This time the S tier Fischl as an event. So it benefits me for real.

Dude, it's an addiction! It's one thing to say people are dumb for spending money, it's another when you make a claim you yourself have no experience with. People with addictions end up spending more than they should, putting themselves in debt because they can't help it. You're defending a game that has mechanics built to drain money from those people, and it just shows how stubborn you are. You should rethink this, because as of now this thread has gone off the deep end, with you talking like you think you know better than others. You have no clue what you're talking about whatsoever. Why is it that everyone but you can see the harm in applying anything GI has to warframe?

46 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

don't understand why playing GI F2P is somehow beating the system while playing Warframe F2P isn't?

Maybe its because of how stingy GI is with how it doles out rewards but who knows *shrug*.

The fact that you need to beat a system in order to play GI F2P just shows how inherently predatory it is.

Playing Warframe F2P isn't beating the system. It just is the system.

Edited 12 minutes ago by Tricky5hift

Being F2P in Warframe is EZ

Genshin has more restrictions being f2p so u can see them in YT calling themselves f2p gods. As they advocate other players to do the same.

Even if it's "predatory monetization" as long u don't take a bait. You're still virgin :D

Overall it's a good content, Still I have no 5-star character but someday...

16 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Dude, it's an addiction! It's one thing to say people are dumb for spending money, it's another when you make a claim you yourself have no experience with. People with addictions end up spending more than they should, putting themselves in debt because they can't help it. You're defending a game that has mechanics built to drain money from those people, and it just shows how stubborn you are. You should rethink this, because as of now this thread has gone off the deep end, with you talking like you think you know better than others. You have no clue what you're talking about whatsoever. Why is it that everyone but you can see the harm in applying anything GI has to warframe?

Afterall my topic is about protraying World Progression and World reward distributions in Genshin. So monetization is off-topic. Neither I even talk about it. Since I'm a F2P in Genshin

I only see positives that I can suggest in Warframe.

World Scaling

Unique Weapons

Interesting Boss Fights

Spiral Abyss

On 2020-10-29 at 4:32 AM, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I Swear every month a game comes up and someone wants warframe to be like it

This playerbase is close minded and lives inside a small limited box, they don't allow innovation, they don't allow competitors, they just the same bland and boring game to be the same.

The proof? This comment and how many people liked it

You guys are what's wrong with the game

21 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

I only see positives that I can suggest in Warframe.

World Scaling

Unique Weapons

Interesting Boss Fights

Spiral Abyss

World scaling doesn't work because that would force players out of co-op. You can't do bosses with people who are higher/lower world level in GI so imagine trying to play the game with your friend who's completely new only to realize you can't do anything together until they grind through the game to reach the same level. Even if you allowed people into different world levels it wouldn't be fun because one player is barely able to do anything while the other is. 

Warframe has unique weapons. There are at least a hundred different weapons in Warframe and at least 1 of them has to be different from the other. On top of that there are literally hundreds of mod combinations you can use to tailor each weapon to a particular need.

GI bosses aren't even all that interesting or difficult so idk what Warframe has to learn from it. The flower and cube bosses are just variants of one another but with different elements. The Water boss is one of those bosses that you don't even fight directly but just fight a bunch of trash mobs. The Wolf and Dragon are the only interesting bosses in the entire game but you have no reason to beat them more than once a week because you can't even get the random rewards more than once a week.

I don't know what exactly you want out of Spiral Abyss but Warframe has like 10 different endless mission types that you can play to really test your mettle. Spiral Abyss more than anything is just a gear check and you can't even progress past a certain point because the game forces you to grind materials to invest in a second freaking team that you probably won't even use outside of spiral abyss.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

This playerbase is close minded and lives inside a small limited box, they don't allow innovation, they don't allow competitors, they just the same bland and boring game to be the same.

There are things this game can learn from others. Its just that OP provided literally all the ones that wouldn't work.

Also Warframe already borrows many ideas from other games but failed to implement them fully into the core game. Its time that they stop for just a moment and look back on how they can improve the current systems they already implemented.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Innovation is fine so long as it's not trying to half ass rip off something else like warframe did with Liches. Granted there are alot of people enjoying it regardless, and that's cool. He's just literally saying what happens every time a new game becomes popular. That's a fact, people always end up wanting warframe to copy what's new.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I'm all for taking inspiration and I'm pretty sure everyone is, however mindless trend followers that basically put no effort and just do "Hey let's copy this other game here" are not welcome. Sure let's put among us in the game why not, screw it throw in a battle royale cause every idea is good. I guess I'll suggest to add a Plants vs zombies mode where we plant frostleafs and mapricos to fight infested

1 hour ago, LoriSei said:

You're an ignorant, small minded person. In my profession I see the results of addictions everyday, they can't help themselves, just like a smoker. It destroys their lives and affects those around them. To call them stupid for that just shows your own stupidity and ignorance.

1 minute ago, Tricky5hift said:

World scaling doesn't work because of that would force players out of co-op. You can't do bosses with people who are higher/lower world level in GI so imagine trying to play the game with your friend who's completely new only to realize you can't do anything together until the grind through the game to reach the same level.

Warframe has unique weapons. There are at least a hundred different weapons in Warframe and at least 1 of them has to be different from the other.

GI bosses aren't even all that interesting or difficult so idk what Warframe has to learn from it.

I don't know what exactly you want out of Spiral Abyss but Warframe has like 10 different endless mission types that you can play to really test your mettle. Spiral Abyss more than anything is just a gear check and you can't even progress past a certain point because the game forces you to grind materials to invest in a second freaking team that you probably won't even use outside of spiral abyss.

Sorry for a short context...

Nice question. Howerver my subjective thought was. I think Mi-Ho-Yo is trying to aim a single-player as they really put an effort in the storyline a lot. Since there are lots of Cinematics Quest, Open world mysteries, & Puzzles to solve. Idk I'm getting like Skyrim or Witcher vibes while playing it... Not to say they are the same, since there are lores from books and character themselves found in Genshin scattered around the world.

The Jac'kal was the first step. However, rewards never feel rewarding as of now. In Genshin, everytime u ascend a world level. The enemy lvl also increase but also rewards as well. But doing that means abolishing reward system in Warframe. And adding different rarity that drops depending on your MR. Playing with lower lvl teamates means. Rewards are tied in their MR. Not only that resource to crafting material also must change in order to adapt with the change.

Weapons in Genshin has specialized stats like:

• 50% chance of dealing 300% dmg only occur within 15 sec
  • Attacks increase 4% in 6 sec. Stacks 6 times
  • Hitting a chance of 24% speed boost
  • Below 50% increase raw crit-rate by 24%
  • Increase ability damage by 30%
  • Normal Attack incrase Atk Speed 4% in 6sec. Stack 6 times
  • Increase DMG dealt (Specific Enemy)

However since the modding system is there. All the weapons can do Jack-of-All-Trades. Which every weapon in Warframe.

Spiral Abyss. is a floor challenge. Which often relates objectives to be finished in time. Not reaching the time means ur unable to obtain rewards. Somtimes they gave hint in the  description on who is the best to bring.

Example: 5min Timer

Finish the game within above 3 min. Fire spells increase dmg by 20%

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:
1 hour ago, LoriSei said:

You're an ignorant, small minded person. In my profession I see the results of addictions everyday, they can't help themselves, just like a smoker. It destroys their lives and affects those around them. To call them stupid for that just shows your own stupidity and ignorance.

I'm just a F2P gamer my friend. So I mind my own business alone.

Saying that how ironic for all Veterans here that spent 5k+hrs Warframe "addictions" u just make urself stupid mate

Archived