Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Next-Gen!

[DE]Helen

NextGenLaunchCongrats_1080p.jpg

The next chapter of Warframe is about to begin! 

With backwards compatibility, you can jump in now on Xbox Series X|S and play the Xbox One version of Warframe! For Tenno on PlayStation 4, you’ll be able to do the same when you receive your PlayStation 5.

While you won't be playing the next-gen versions of the game quite yet, you'll experience faster loading times and smoother gameplay throughout the entire Origin System, especially in open-world landscapes like the Cambion Drift on Deimos. 

Play alongside your Squad and cross-save your Account from Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S, or from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5.

Some answers you may be looking for as we add these next-gen consoles:

PlayStation

Backwards compatibility: Yes! You can find the PS4 version of Warframe available for download in the Official PlayStation Store. 

Cross-save: There will be cross-save only between PS4 and PS5. 

Cross-play: PS4 and PS5 Tenno can play together.  

Account migration: At this time, we are not allowing for Account Migration from any platforms.

Release date: Next-generation Warframe launches later this year.

Xbox

Backwards compatibility: Yes! You can find the Xbox One version of Warframe available for download in the Xbox Games Store. 

Cross-save: There will be cross-save only between Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. 

Cross-play: Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S Tenno can play together. 

Account migration: At this time, we are not allowing for Account Migration from any platforms. 

Release date: Stay tuned for more information.

Learn more here about how we’ve worked to make Warframe look and feel truly next-gen, and stay tuned for more information on when you can experience it for yourself!

3 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

With backwards compatibility, you can jump in now on Xbox Series X|S and play the Xbox One version of Warframe! For Tenno on PlayStation 4, you’ll be able to do the same when you receive your PlayStation 5.

While you won't be playing the next-gen versions of the game quite yet, you'll experience faster loading times and smoother gameplay throughout the entire Origin System, especially in open-world landscapes like the Cambion Drift on Deimos. 

Play alongside your Squad and cross-save your Account from Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S, or from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5.

PlayStation

Backwards compatibility: Yes! You can find the PS4 version of Warframe available for download in the Official PlayStation Store. 

Xbox

Backwards compatibility: Yes! You can find the Xbox One version of Warframe available for download in the Xbox Games Store. 

Learn more here about how we’ve worked to make Warframe look and feel truly next-gen, and stay tuned for more information on when you can experience it for yourself!

Alright, this is cool. So when will we get Cross-save and Cross-play across different platforms and not within the same platforms?

19 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

PlayStation

Xbox

Can't claim "next-gen" and casually dismiss Stadia. SMH

Cross-save: There will be cross-save only between PS4 and PS5. 

Cross-save: There will be cross-save only between Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. 

Very very concerned about this. I'm not sure if it's intentional but this reads like DE closing the book on cross-save in general. Is it just "There will be cross-save only between PS4 and PS5 at this time"?

7 minutes ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Very very concerned about this. I'm not sure if it's intentional but this reads like DE closing the book on cross-save in general. Is it just "There will be cross-save only between PS4 and PS5 at this time"?

They always say that cross-save between platforms is bit problematic, because companies like to keep their customers on said platform and not switching for something like

And also thats why account tranfer was proly one time thing

51 minutes ago, Myscho said:

They always say that cross-save between platforms is bit problematic, because companies like to keep their customers on said platform and not switching for something like

And also thats why account tranfer was proly one time thing

Yep, but it's also been a conversation point all year that they're investigating how to implement it. Lots of us are hanging on for any bit of news about it, so wanted to make sure this was or wasn't an indication of that being formally dismissed.  

1 minute ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Yep, but it's also been a conversation point all year that they're investigating how to implement it. Lot's of us are hanging on for any bit of news about it, so wanted to make sure this was or wasn't an indication of that being formally dismissed.  

DE want that, but you know, Sony and Microsoft have different opinion on that

The lack of any real cross-save feature, or even a one off account migration, as we move into the next generation of consoles is a real disappointment. 

I think this will mark the end of Warframe for myself, as I just can’t justify starting over again. I did enjoy the ride, and given its always been free to play I can’t really complain and instead thank DE for what’s been an incredible gaming experience.

If DE’s hands are tied then fair enough, but I would say their lack of transparency over this issue (given the number of people asking for it) isn’t doing them any favours. 

On 2020-11-13 at 8:19 AM, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

No that will be them being very clear on the cross-saves so some morons dont think it applies to every platform. then have a sulk on the forums because they couldnt read the post properly. 

14 minutes ago, (PSN)corpusbonds said:

You just made my damn day with that news. I thought it wasn’t playable on the ps5 at all yet!

It is also in topic

Backwards compatibility: Yes! You can find the PS4 version of Warframe available for download in the Official PlayStation Store. 

On 2020-11-13 at 5:49 AM, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Except that "at this time" is not part of the actual sentence, so why did you state it as if it was a quote?

If they will allow cross-play within a console company, cross save is no issue...
The issues have never been intra-Sony or Microsoft it's always been an issue Inter-Sony - Microsoft, because both companies do not want to lose players to the other.

Until we have simultaneous updates and hotfixes on all platforms i cannot see cross platform console/ pc happening. There is at present a big and different variation with pc and console often a month or two fixes and updates ahead. This is not just a DE issue but involves sony and nintendo as well, xbox is probably closer if programming to pc, as widows10 has link to xbox from what i've seen built in to that version. The next gen of consoles may see a change in the course of updates, hopefully then we console players don't have to play the waiting game. 

Thanks Helen, I’d like to add me two cents being a long-standing member of the community and player. I’ve played on the PC, PS4 and lately the Nintendo Switch. I’m currently MR26 and I rushing towards MR30. I am very worried about the fact that account migrations have not been made clear from day one on next generation consoles. I speak on behalf of the entire Tenno community when I say that we demand that this option to transfer from console to console (next generation) be available. I would be willing to pay a transfer cost if this isn’t available for free. A lot of time, money and sweat has been invested which we do not want to repeat. Why should we be denied the right to play on the console of our choice by being penalized? Ninjas play for free....they should also be free to play where and how they want. Please give us the opportunity and make 2020 not such a bad year.

To my fellow Tenos, please bump this post to keep it relevant.

You want to see next-gen? Go look at the recent Cyberpunk 2077 trailer.

That is next-gen. What DE is doing is simply current-gen. You can say it's "our version of next-gen" all you want to, but you're still behind the industry. Improve the texture resolution for all of your textures (i.e. actually use 2k and 4k textures instead of just upscaling the game's resolution), improve the animations, improve your graphics features and utilize current-gen graphics technologies, and you'll be current gen. Implement features like RTX and DLSS and you'll be next-gen. But don't simply port the PC version to the next-gen consoles and call it "next-gen". Your PC version isn't at the level of current-gen. It sure isn't next-gen on XB Series X/PS5.

Archived