Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RE: Invasions NEED Rework

HeretixMB

{This exact topic was re-posted from the Feedback forum}

Invasion missions need to be reworked in some manner. The time investment versus the rewards are not okay at all. An invasion mission requires 3 missions to be completed. However those missions vary from defense to exterminate. It is unfair to expect a player to do 3 mobile defense (3 mins minimum X 3 = 9 mins minimum) missions to get 1 - 2 Mutagen mas or 3 Fieldrons or 3 detonite injectors. These invasions can take anywhere from 3 minutes to 10 minutes + to complete depending on your mission set. IT IS NOT WORTH 10 MINUTES to get 2 Mutagen mass! 

I believe a change is necessary as it is one of the biggest hindrances facing players on their journeys to becoming MR30 as these 3 resource are simply unfair and unbalanced. This is also in addition to the enormous forma cost and platinum cost for said forma in the event that a player does not desire to farm the forma manually. Which excludes the forma that is already invested into builds.

I Propose that some sort of store system similar to  the Steel Path Honors store should be implemented. This would allow players to Purchase Mutagen Mass and the other resources in bundles after getting some sort of Invasion credits/points by completing invasions. Perhaps the system could emphasize speed, by rewarding more points if they complete the invasion faster as speed is an important component of the Warframe game play loop. The store could also offer the various weapon sets.

Another solution would be to place it as a resource drop similar to the old steel essence acquisition in the sense that it could be farmed in large quantities in endless mission types provided that players are properly prepared for those longer endurance missions.

anyway i just want this to change because i am MR25 and this frustrates me as this is the reason why i have struggled to progress past my MR

What? Since when are any of those resources a hindrance to players? If anything they became irrelevant the moment they made them invasion rewards.

If you don't think 10 minutes are worth two pre built Mutagen Masses then consider the alternative is crafting them at 12 hours each or grinding Fortuna Bounties for a random chance at then when they're on rotation. Also the mission type for an Invasion change every 15 minutes so if you aren't willing to do a specific mission then don't do it and check back later.

Making one from a bp takes 12 hours. Slow trickle was their intent. A uncommon 10 to 15 minute series of missions to get a few already made is supposed to be a good reward.  The problem is 6 years of craft bloat if youre new. But I don't see them easing the rates at all because they want people to buy stuff.

to be honest, I fond the rewards are about where they need to be, it's the missions themselves that are outdated: we've had the same invasion tiles for what, 6 years? longer than that even? and on the newer tilesets there are almost no changes, just the presence of both Corpus and Grineer. personally I want invasions to mean something, to be a massive campaign to take over the entire planet in question. new tilestes that show massive conflict goign on in the background, Railjack invasions, etc. 

it's a game mode with a lot of potential for expansion, and it could become a mode that keeps people hooked on it. 

I don't really see a need for any major changes. 

The algorithms could maybe use a little tweaking though.

For example you could have one invasion that's a much longer type of endless, and only say, gives a fieldron, where a much shorter invasion of exterminates is giving 3 mutagen or something. 

And you can be in the middle of invasion runs and the mission node changes to something else, which can be quite frustrating.

But I don't think a rework is needed. IMO it's one of the older, repeatable, evergreen content that is in a pretty good place. A few behind the scenes tweaks and it would be fine. 

I agree. I've been playing this game on all platforms for over 5 years and I still have no idea what invasions are. What is the point of it? How does it connect to and effect the rest of the game? It really makes no sense to me, let alone a newer player. Its a huge chunk of content that is never explained. 

And then theres the formorian thing at the end that rewards a blue tater and some credits. Seems like a pittance considering you have to craft a key first.

The rewards are junk. The only time I bother is when I see a potato in the mix, which is rare. 

It's an outdated piece of content that rewards special resources for MR fodder weapons. It's pretty wasteful considering they took away alerts but left this crap intact.

We already got ability to craft them, and Deimos has made it rain Mutagen samples now as well.  Fortuna Bounties can drop them as well so that is another option as well, and I wouldn't be against Deimos and Cetus having the crafted ones in their bounty rotations as well (or even just the faction specific ones). This is one of those things that takes time or to be mindful of running them when things pop up.  

Also what are you on about forma, relics drop them plenty and then the golden rule is to always be building a forma. 

Now if the suggestion was to turn the invasion into like one combined mission that could be interesting.  Make it 3 different tasks and let you do them all combined at once would be interesting change of pace (think combine a capture, spy, and sabotage) but that isn't about time thing but more about changing up the game-play some which isn't what you are ranting about. 

I think the main two things that need to happen are Infested Invasion rewards being balanced to the same quantity as Grineer/Corpus rewards, and longer missions like Survival and Defence getting different time requirements or maybe reducing the number you need to do.

There's no reason for Mutagen Mass to be harder to get than the other two. Maybe it made sense 5-6 years ago when Infested Lab weapons were actually better, but not now. Should be changed for consistency.

Whether or not 10-15 minutes is actually a long time for a mission, Survival/Defence missions just take a lot longer than the other Invasion options. Having them take that long is just an incentive for me to ignore those missions and wait for the type to change. Why would I want to run a Defence mission that could take 15 minutes solo when the mission will probably change to Exterminate or even Capture within that time, and allow me to do all 3 missions in a fraction of the time? Defence/Survival/maybe Mobile Defence should either have shorter durations (ie 5 missions/waves rather than 10), or count as 2 missions towards completing the Invasion.

Archived