Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

curious but how heavy are warframes?

Timothy_Mark

14 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

So now we’re hand waving away the need for ferrite and alloy components. So warframe armor might as well be void armor while we’re handwaving. After all, Helminth can just fabricate entirely new substances.

So again, no real evidence that warframes have ferrite armor. Previous armor classes that have been used have been retconned away, like Thumper’s health class and ghoul’s armor class.

Since we know what we know about the helminth with the introduction of subsuming etc. along with what we know about the infestation, then yes, the helminth can fabricate "new" known substances. No one said "entirely new". So we cannot call it void armor, since "tenno armor" currently covers 3 very distinct archetypes from different moments in time, 4 actually since we now have the necramechs too. The Railjack for instance isnt a Tenno ship, it is a Dax ship, yet it uses the "tenno armor" classification now along with tenno shield mechanics. Maybe they should have called it Orokin Armor... but no, that wouldnt work for the normal frames since they arent made by the Orokin.

I dont think system changes would classify as retconning anything. Ghouls should have had armor to begin with since we know flesh isnt an armor, nor are the grineer infested and can make their skin look like armor. Thumper same deal, same oversight as several of the RJ fighter ships that had armor as both health and armor. "Robotic" covers alot in this game, from actual robots to machines with legs or wings. Both the Thumper and the fighters have pilots in them, so they arent really robotic. I guess robotic is the quick way of saying metal joints and hydraulics.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

"tenno armor" currently covers 3 very distinct archetypes from different moments in time, 4 actually since we now have the necramechs too.

Necramechs don't have the Tenno armor class. They have Alloy Armor.
No reason Railjacks can't share the exact same armor as Warframes either. Orokin were masters of bio engineering after all. Plus we literally rebuilt the railjack, so modifications could've been made.

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I dont think system changes would classify as retconning anything. Ghouls should have had armor to begin with since we know flesh isnt an armor, nor are the grineer infested and can make their skin look like armor. Thumper same deal, same oversight as several of the RJ fighter ships that had armor as both health and armor.

Retcon #1
H587Z8v.png
Retcon #2
B0qFLMT.png
Guess two separate oversights.

Wolf of Saturn Six is another retcon. Originally had Alloy Armor health when he was introduced in U24.3. Come U27.2 (little more than a year later) and suddenly he has Machinery health. U27.2 was the retcon Armor/Health classes update.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Ben waiting for the past year. I went out of my way to set up an event and they were no show

because you didn't ask a woman her weight then that is why either

A. the woman ignore you and walk away

B. she is looking for something beat you with 

C. get her bf beat the daylight out of you

D. gathering the group of women to start a beat down on you

your chose, pick your poison.

22 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

You forget one thing though, the Railjack has the same armor aswell, which has no connection to neither the Warframes or the Tenno when it comes to its origin or time of creation. The 3 have 3 different types of armors unified under a single name for the sake of game system mechanics. Warframes are made up of heavy metals, alloys, crystals and gases, along with unknown nanite materials derived from the infestation that can turn into pretty much anything. The spookshow babies have gods know what to protect them and the railjacks use "standard" metals and so on.

It cannot be some "void metal" since the timeline just wouldnt allow for it since there were frames prior to the kids and the tenno made frames are created from very regular materials through assembly in a machine (and the railjack pre-dates them both and is still classified as "Tenno Armor" now). Regarding the wiring thing, that would be a possibilty up until we got our hands on Xaku, but after seeing Xaku we know that frames dont have normal wiring. So that leaves the ferrite and other metals/alloys to be either helminth food or something for helmith to bond with in order to strengthen "muscles" or the chassis structure inside, or to represent the outer protective shell on certain frames. Though I'm fairly sure Helminth creates what is needed, just like the infestation, aslong as it is sustained with materials to break down, assimilate and recreate through its bio-nanites.

Except Railjacks do have a connection with Tenno?

Spoiler

We see them flying around Lua in the Old War flashback cutscene, where we also see Excalibur Prime and Mag Prime fighting Sentients, and we see Operators with the Lotus. All three existed at the same time while the Orokin were in power. They totally could've created all three with the same void armor, especially the Railjack given it's powered by a severed void finger.

The timeline completely allows for this.

2 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

because you didn't ask a woman her weight then that is why either

A. the woman ignore you and walk away

B. she is looking for something beat you with 

C. get her bf beat the daylight out of you

D. gathering the group of women to start a beat down on you

your chose, pick your poison.

E. I’m a wrestler and it’s part of the sport

F. Nobody in my town will fight with me.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Wolf of Saturn Six is another retcon. Originally had Alloy Armor health when he was introduced in U24.3. Come U27.2 (little more than a year later) and suddenly he has Machinery health. U27.2 was the retcon Armor/Health classes update.

“It’s because he’s a sentient amalgamation”

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

That’s a very specific and unlikely situation. And the last place a marine wants to end up is jail.

not really if you pick a fight then oppsite, although there is tons muscle guys would pin you down even the one with martial art skills or probably you'll accidentally run into someone from the woman's bf gangster or mafia and then you'll probably going cry for the truth.

go ahead pick your risk of that also including that 15% chance that something random will happen.  Although you could get into a ticket to jail for harassing women around.

39 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

not really if you pick a fight then oppsite, although there is tons muscle guys would pin you down even the one with martial art skills or probably you'll accidentally run into someone from the woman's bf gangster or mafia and then you'll probably going cry for the truth.

go ahead pick your risk of that also including that 15% chance that something random will happen.  Although you could get into a ticket to jail for harassing women around.

I don’t know what country you live but:

A: there’s no mafia in America 

B: if you knew anything about the mafia you’d know that they don’t go around beating people up just because, especially in the modern day.

C: most normal people don’t just ask some random person thier weight out of the blue for no reason 

D: asking someone’s weight isn’t picking a fight

E: you make the assumption that because I’m a gamer I’m a weak physically inept dude.

F: asking someone’s weight can’t get you put in jail

G: most don’t know martial arts

H: you also assume that I am some helpless sob who is incapable of self defense 

I: if it’s a 15% chance something random will happen what’s the other 85% garunteed? 

J:I live In The wonderful state of NY so any “gangster” is less a gangster and more a wannabe street bum who can’t be bothered to pull up his pants and won’t fight anyone he isn’t going to win against 

don’t make me go through the whole alphabet 

41 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

I don’t know what country you live but:

A: there’s no mafia in America 

B: if you knew anything about the mafia you’d know that they don’t go around beating people up just because, especially in the modern day.

C: most normal people don’t just ask some random person thier weight out of the blue for no reason 

D: asking someone’s weight isn’t picking a fight

E: you make the assumption that because I’m a gamer I’m a weak physically inept dude.

F: asking someone’s weight can’t get you put in jail

G: most don’t know martial arts

H: you also assume that I am some helpless sob who is incapable of self defense 

I: if it’s a 15% chance something random will happen what’s the other 85% garunteed? 

J:I live In The wonderful state of NY so any “gangster” is less a gangster and more a wannabe street bum who can’t be bothered to pull up his pants and won’t fight anyone he isn’t going to win against 

don’t make me go through the whole alphabet 

A: mafia aren't active plus your looking in the wrong place in America for you gotta have keen eye know who it is

B: u gotta know ppl who still do some resort maifa

C: your willing to say it

D: it is a way being rude to women asking their weight and yes there is always that chance are before

E: you said your westler so in other words your muscle head

F: you didn't get up and ask a women directly instead of your mom or relative

G: some may say it but it doesn't mean that they'll get the bat out depending where you live at

H: if you get 1 gangster angry then yes you'll asking whole mexican gang member knocking your door

I: that 15% chance random is something could be stupidly random and the 85% isn't either garunteed which means the fact the women don't answer your answer or get mace in the face because women like thous will consider assault to their feelings

J: you just said where you live and personally you shouldn't give info but more likely there is always gangster whatever your at even mugger still gotta work with members related to certain jobs with a gang even outside of it.  Pretty much your forgetting one fact that your getting out of topic and yet you didn't decied walk outside ask the women in NY to see which one will slap you in the face or not or something worst.  In other words a gamer have to still face the problem outside in the real world if the computer is broken needed to fix or some sort close to involving walking outside asking guys and women even thou you have your phone order stuff it doesn't mean you'll get everything in order all the time.

Yes I want you go through the whole alphabet because it feel like you have problem walking out that door to enjoy life because it seems that ppl who put themselves in isolation even thou they have pets, they still go though in a way depression or phobia which this is some gamers who is lonely or prefer pets instead of ppl which is sign of mental issues problem or guys who is isolate themselves against women because afraid ask a woman out and end up buying some that make belief "using bath water" which already debunk the issues with someone who believed in that thing.  For more likely you need either go for therapist if you had these symptoms which including "Addiction".

________________________________________________________________________________

Let us not go off the topic at the time being, more likely every warframe will grow dense in armor depending how much armor is place on them for it is like exoskeleton of the bug become flexable like ballistic fiber but become skin so add that ballistic fiber to the weight amount and just add weight imaginable then mix with steel dust along with it so that you'll get your measuring amount with that.  So basically your whole body will feel like almost like bricks but in a way wearing some light armor if not well imaginable just pretend your wearing a medieval knight armor suits that is heavy but extremely flexible.

14 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

E: you said your westler so in other words your muscle head

That’s sportist 

14 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

you didn't get up and ask a women directly instead of your mom or relative

I live alone so yeah I did

15 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

G: some may say it but it doesn't mean that they'll get the bat out depending where you live at

Well I don’t live in the hood so I think I’m ok

16 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

if you get 1 gangster angry then yes you'll asking whole mexican gang member knocking your door

You gotta be able make it to the door without getting arrested first.

17 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

mace in the face because women like thous will consider assault to their feelings

That’s cool, because by law that’s considered assault because you can’t mace someone without a legally justifiable reason.

18 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

it is a way being rude to women asking their weight and yes there is always that chance are before

Era of equality I’m entitled to self defense as long as it falls with legal parameters 

19 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

mafia aren't active plus your looking in the wrong place in America for you gotta have keen eye know who it is

B: u gotta know ppl who still do some resort maifa

Tire in American there isn’t enough mafia activity anymore for it to be considered a danger. Gangs are more common and even still you live in the right place.

20 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

you just said where you live and personally you shouldn't give info but more likely there is always gangster whatever your at even mugger still gotta work with members related to certain jobs with a gang even outside of it.  Pretty much your forgetting one fact that your getting out of topic and yet you didn't decied walk outside ask the women in NY to see which one will slap you in the face or not or something worst.  In other words a gamer have to still face the problem outside in the real world if the computer is broken needed to fix or some sort close to involving walking outside asking guys and women even thou you have your phone order stuff it doesn't mean you'll get everything in order all the time.

Well New York is very large and highly populated area so have fun playing hide and seek. Also yea there’s always a crook down the street but most people here get arrested for drug possession or assault, murder and hospitalization isn’t very common. Also again I did actually get up and go outside. Also I don’t know about other gamers but personally prefer to go and get something directly as I’m not in the mood to deal with some mail BS. Plus it’s faster.

24 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Yes I want you go through the whole alphabet because it feel like you have problem walking out that door to enjoy life because it seems that ppl who put themselves in isolation even thou they have pets, they still go though in a way depression or phobia which this is some gamers who is lonely or prefer pets instead of ppl which is sign of mental issues problem or guys who is isolate themselves against women because afraid ask a woman out and end up buying some that make belief "using bath water" which already debunk the issues with someone who believed in that thing.  For more likely you need either go for therapist if you had these symptoms which including "Addiction".

It’s winter so I love the outdoor all insects have dies or are in hibernation. I go outside everyday for reasons other than necessity. Also if you stoop so low as to buy bathwater from unreliable sources that are approved my the FDA (we all know who it is) you have a problem that needs immediate attention.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

It’s winter so I love the outdoor all insects have dies or are in hibernation. I go outside everyday for reasons other than necessity. Also if you stoop so low as to buy bathwater from unreliable sources that are approved my the FDA (we all know who it is) you have a problem that needs immediate attention.

1, didn't brought bathwater because I know it is already consider as cannibal, stalker, and worst of all developed either sociopaths or psychopathic person and that is why I am also checking same time the communties

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Well New York is very large and highly populated area so have fun playing hide and seek. Also yea there’s always a crook down the street but most people here get arrested for drug possession or assault, murder and hospitalization isn’t very common. Also again I did actually get up and go outside. Also I don’t know about other gamers but personally prefer to go and get something directly as I’m not in the mood to deal with some mail BS. Plus it’s faster.

neither the world is perfect keeping something hidden in site even the whatever secret operation is going in NY, pretty much some gamers who is phobia is the crowds for they wouldn't lived in the city very well.  There is claustrophobic and forgot that one word but explaining meaning "fear of crowds" that some gamers may due have due of some aren't out door person or either type ppl that avoid talking to ppl.  Some gamers who is under going still mental type of issues either they become sport, violence, 1st/3rd person shooter or any other game may cause small symptoms of either easily rage, depress, or other type symptoms that may relate to "addiction" which there is had been many video gamer addiction that the players will stay up 2 days and drinking energy drinks then they just collapse some point of view.  For good thing is you had none thous "other symptoms" more likely I still recommend you still go though anger management class.

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Tire in American there isn’t enough mafia activity anymore for it to be considered a danger. Gangs are more common and even still you live in the right place.

There is a time Mafia ppl are just for the moment lazy for the truth and they are still but they still get the gangster do their dirty work because they are in the "meh" zone and still smoking that pack of weed with their cigar.  Yes they are still lazy from all this time.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Also this is incorrect there is a gang that goes around robbing people every year, they go by the name of The I.R.S.

then again there is active Mafia that would be other countries but we don't talk about them due of "you can't say bs about them".

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway about the weight, if Rhino jump that cause earthquake very small he must of weigh around 1k of weigh to cause massive shake...so basically I have a reason don't talk about the laddies weight.  Just saying your dream fantasy about women being light as a feather for just keep on dreaming it and don't believed the pain is real.

On 2020-11-30 at 3:56 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

depends on a number of factors; build material and extra equipment being the two I think of most.

regarding materials. Zephyr is made using high quantities of Oxium, which is described as being Lighter than air, while Rhino is simply classed as the heaviest warframe, but is that down to sheer size alone or is Iron Skin added into that equation? frames made from heavier materials would of course turn out heavier.

equipment is a factor as well. weapons made from void energy like Exalted Blade likely weigh nothing, but weapons like Mesa's Regulators or Protea's Artillery cannons would add some degree of weight to a frame. we know these are material items, not made from void like the abilities conjured up from warframes such as Frost, yet Frost is a slower frame, so perhaps he weighs more?

at the end of the day though, one could just dismiss it all entirely with the "space magic" argument, and say that void energy within the frames doesn't adhere to the laws of physics. or at least, can be made to defy and obey them on command by the user, depending on what the situation requires.

The Frost part had me thinking about the  containment system he uses for his powers. That hardware adds extra weight to his body and perhaps his slower movement speed helps maintain efficient temp control. 

By the way, this is a pretty interesting thread and makes me want to dive into the lore a lot more!

I'd imagine "average" Warframes (those without significant bulk - Mag or Ash, for example) to weigh around in the 200-250 lb range, seeing as Warframes are decently tall (perhaps in a similar height range to pro athletes) and likely very muscular/dense in the flesh. Those with significant bulk, like Rhino, could weigh in the 300-350 lb range, depending what they're "wearing" (Iron Skin Rhino might be even heavier than normal?). Someone like Frost or Harrow, with extra "clothing," probably adds 50lb to the "average" weight range, so 50-300 lb (Frost is pretty bulky and tanky in build, so probably towards the upper end of that range). That's just my spitball approximation, though, no idea how accurate it realistically might be.

Honorable mention: Razorwing Titania is probably about 5 lb max.

Archived