Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.1

[DE]Rebecca

hace 13 minutos, edu635 dijo:

fix the damn bugs, in 5 out of 5 games the stupid operator stops exiting the necramech and the warframe saying that ability use is blocked

DE doesn't work on weekend, unless the game is totally broken. We must wait until Monday/Tuesday, and hope they know how to fix all these bugs.

I don't know why they don't update the game on Wednesday or Thursday; so they have 1-2 days to fix some important things.

Glaives are the only way im able to play steel path solo. If they nerf them Im quitting for good.

Its ridiculous that Im MR30, have everything maxed out in the game, and the dumb accolyte who drops 2 steel essence, one shots me.

Im done *@##$ing about .5 dispo rivens.

Theyve taken every advantage we've had. It has killed any reason to play this game.

On 2020-12-19 at 7:56 AM, dataskin said:

Necramechs are garbage, please allow everyone to play this event (or/and any other, future events/bounties/etc) with regular warframes.

I've never got one and while playing this event - I'm 100% sure that I never will. The gameplay is just slow and boring, moving from point A to B on the other side of the map is a huge pain. This isn't fun at all.

To be precise: Event is fine, necramechs in this game are total garbage. Slow, painful to play with, monotone.
Even archwing missions are more fun that this necramech trash, and they were at the complete bottom of what I consider enjoyable, when it comes to this game.

Up to this point necramechs didn't bother me, because I haven't felt like they're mandatory in order to get into any part of the game.
But they do now, since I'm forced to use them in order to have a chance to enjoy this event (and the rewards that come with it) at all.

Highly agreed.

Personally, I mostly like the event so far with 1 major exception. Necramech movement in Gas City. Gas City is very obviously meant to take advantage of Parkour 2.0 but Necramechs move like pre-Bullet Jump warframes, so navigation quickly becomes a chore in some rooms, this one in particular.

0BC2A639D6D38A918B41C55261B1849825EE91C7

If someone doesn't have a Fluctus and the Orphix Resonators spawn in the wrong places in this room (either a high up alcove that requires Bullet Jumping or behind a puzzle door), it's pretty much an automatic mission failure. This entire area is a pain to navigate without Bullet Jumping and Void Dashing is NOT a viable alternative because Kiddo is apparently like a dog while Dashing and can't look up.

It has seriously gotten to the point where I'm seeing people quit when they spawn in to Gas City instead of Grineer Ship

2 hours ago, parttimeparty said:

Glaives are the only way im able to play steel path solo. If they nerf them Im quitting for good.

Its ridiculous that Im MR30, have everything maxed out in the game, and the dumb accolyte who drops 2 steel essence, one shots me.

Im done *@##$ing about .5 dispo rivens.

Theyve taken every advantage we've had. It has killed any reason to play this game.

I am MR 23 and I don’t use glaives and don’t have problems in steel path.  Also, doesn’t shield gate guarantee that you can’t be 1-shotted?  Do you not let yourself use warframe or operator abilities or something? id recommend taking a look at frames that offer some defensive capabilities if you are struggling to survive.  

Of course steel path is highly unnecessary game mode unless you simply like the challenge.  It sounds you have the MR from it, so if you find it frustrating why not just play fissures, sorties, railjack, open world bounties, eidolons, special events, etc instead?

I actually borderline think the opposite that the game goes a little Deep into power fantasy and too many things we can do are too powerful. I was grateful for steel path simply as a game mode that gave you a reason to have a good build or plan without first playing the same mission for 3 consecutive hours to get high enough level enemies that your weapons weren’t all overkill. 

Il y a 5 heures, houselyrander a dit :

because Kiddo is apparently like a dog while Dashing and can't look up.

No, no, you're doing it wrong man.

Kiddo can void dash in any direction, even sideways (yes), even back and forth. While I agree this is one of the tricky room, kiddo can definitively dash upstairs (mouse look up, dash).

Also the mech can jump on those retracting pillars (when they are low), and then jump to the higher platform. You might need necramech hydraulics.

The effort to reward ratio for the Orphix Venom op needs to be tweaked. When Scarlet Spear was live you could reliably get enough creds for the arcanes you wanted in a reasonable amount of time, especially with the bonuses that were given when a Condrix relay was completed. I've already put in close to 20 hours of play time and have four Arcane Graces  to show for it. People are so frustrated that it's getting hard to find groups who will stay for more than a handful of orphixes. Please do something to put the reward returns more in line with Scarlet Spear, or failing that relaunch Scarlet Spear immediately after this event so people can actually get the rewards they want without having to play the game like a full time job. 

On 2020-12-18 at 6:16 PM, arisuchan said:

Nope, I was using my very own Voidrig!

I noticed something similar. My Decurian showed the correct level in my orbiter, but when I took it out in archwing, it reset. I ended up levelling it doin archwing missions over Neptune.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Turbo_Trotldyt_R-Zone_64:

WE NEED universal theme color changing function! I mean pick one color or theme, and it will apply to everything, including mech walkers and sniper scopes! Currently, mech walker's light yellow UI cannot be seen on bright white background, for e.g. in Orb Vallis! DE pls fix!

I also made a suggestion in the feedback earlier ... was probably ignored. actually you don't even need different colors. it should be bright inside and dark outside .. logical right? the cursor is then always visible. What ever!

29 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

I also made a suggestion in the feedback earlier ... was probably ignored. actually you don't even need different colors. it should be bright inside and dark outside .. logical right? the cursor is then always visible. What ever!

Ah yes, or some sort of hard outline, like in comic books or like win10's black pointer, that makes it possible to distinguish UI from the rest.

Or like win10's inverted mouse pointer.

Or theme that applies globally, everywhere.

Or anything at all, just as long as it does the job...

I will also keep spamming this suggestion until DE actually cherry picks this issue to be solved.

Il y a 5 heures, Jyhaz a dit :

The effort to reward ratio for the Orphix Venom op needs to be tweaked. When Scarlet Spear was live you could reliably get enough creds for the arcanes you wanted in a reasonable amount of time, especially with the bonuses that were given when a Condrix relay was completed. I've already put in close to 20 hours of play time and have four Arcane Graces  to show for it. People are so frustrated that it's getting hard to find groups who will stay for more than a handful of orphixes. Please do something to put the reward returns more in line with Scarlet Spear, or failing that relaunch Scarlet Spear immediately after this event so people can actually get the rewards they want without having to play the game like a full time job. 

I strongly disagree. They somehow managed not to completely ruin the arcane market with this operation, which is a very good thing, imo.

Yes the amount of phasic cells you get can seem a bit low at first, but it quickly ramps up as you play it more and, you also get almost all the (flashy) rewards as drops, meaning the phasic cells can, and most likely will, be used only to buy arcanes after a few days.

Regarding your 20 hours for 4 graces, I think there is a mistake somewhere in those numbers. You can do a full run in ~1hour, and a full run gives ~2k phasic cells. So that's 2,5 grace, per hour.

In 20 hours you should/could have had 50 graces, which is 2 rank 5, and then 8 r0. And this is consistent, there is no luck involved.

Which is... extremely generous if you compare it to the regular way of obtaining those arcanes (it took me 600 hydrolist captures to get one grace rank 5).

So please, no. No bufferino.

Yeah, the rewards are fine. Being able to target arcanes makes it so much better than farming eidolons, and 2k/hour if in a good team (and bugs don't screw you) is quite acceptable. Never before, with the exception of Scarlet Spear, could you reliably get 1/2/3 arcane grace/avenger/guardian per half hour of playing.

Now if only the "ability use prevented" bug when going in a mech could be solved, I'd happily run lots of the event. That one bug is crippling since it destroys your survivability and you can't get out of the mech to move between spawns or take out the resonators.

Praise for the Operation

Well I've been critical of many of the recent, large updates (Liches, Railjack, Scarlet Spear, Deimos). For Deimos in particular I was starting to wonder if you (DE) could/would ever put out a new economy that was reasonable.  Despite my ever spiraling disappointment, however, you've managed to do it.  You've made a good release.

1. Before people jump on me let me just say: there are bugs.  I do not deny this.  They're not completely crippling.  A fix would certainly be appreciated.
  2. The economy is fair.  Reasonable.  I'm fine with it.  The op rewards are available as drops in the op.  The drop chance is low, so we don't end up with 30k of them in our inventory by the end and for those of us who are unlucky there is a pity mechanic: the currency, which allows us to progress towards purchasing any of the items we aren't lucky enough to have drop.  Well done.  This is excellent.  Very fair.  I don't feel like my time is being wasted.  More of this in future, please.
  3. The op is fun.  Rumbling around in the 'bots blowing the hell out of stuff is fun.  Being able to affect the game through player skill/gameplay is fun (not having to sit around waiting for timers to tick down without any way to make them go faster).
  4. Op doesn't have weird reset timers and such a la Scarlet Spear and/or tie your rewards to factors outside of your control - this was a huge problem with Scarlet Spear and I hope I never see it again.
  5. The removal of the gravmag requirement for arch guns on 'bots opened up my entire arsenal for use, which is great fun.  Good change.  Much appreciate.
  6. Removal of healing mechanics for 'bots needs another look for the future.  Seems fine for current op, but for the system to progress forward in the future, this needs a revisit.  I don't think the new repair mod is sufficient, though I am one of those old-school WoW healers who freaks out when everyone isn't at full health, so maybe this is just me.  Fine for now, but I suspect it will need a revisit for the future.  Inaros doesn't sit at ~50% of health for the full mission.  Voidrig might in future content.  I don't love that.
  7. Op doesn't require players to already have their very own 'bot.  The "rent-a-bot", as I've heard it dubbed in some streams, is a good addition to this op to enable players to join and enjoy, while not being so good that they negate the advantage of having built your own.  This balance is important to hit, and was hit successfully this time.  I'll be honest: I was beginning to think you didn't have it in you anymore, DE.  Very, very good.
  8. Op doesn't require extensive coordination between players (specific team comps), making it easier to just jump in and have a good time instead of trying to coordinate a squad - this particular point makes me think that it would be nice to expand the matchmaking system to allow team comp specification for missions that benefit from it (Scarlet Spear & Eidolons, for example), but that's for another day.  This op doesn't require it and therefore the current matchmaker is sufficient, which is part of why the op is fun: the op doesn't ask players to overcome the limitations of the support tools in the game (eg: matchmaker, lack of necramech for some players).
  9. The inclusion of Scarlet Spear rewards (weapon blueprints, arcanes) was unexpected, and welcome.  Appreciate it.

I have further thoughts about the future of the game and my concerns about the constant resetting of player power and establishing of content islands and so on, but that's for another time.  This was a good update and is a good Op in my opinion.  I've been having fun with it.  Thank you, DE.  It's the first time this year I've felt good enough about the state of the game to pitch you some money, which I've done as part of my thanks for this update.  Happy holidays.

3 hours ago, AvalonGPrime said:

Can you do something with the bonewidow? There are only 2 mechs now and while Vodrig is good, Bonewidow's kit is very irrelevant in this event. The only reason I use her is her 1st skill, which should not be if you dont nerf every possible way to heal.

Try to use the IronBride on thr Orphix you can melt it with 3-4 swings if you build is with corrosive. The animation is much more problematic. Sometimes i stuck in animation loop. 

Archived