Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.1

[DE]Rebecca

Lavos I have found to be a rly enjoyable frame with rly well balanced abilities, however there is just abit of clunkiness and QoL which I feel could be touched on.

1) His 4 has no verticality, making it hard to hit enemies alot of the time since alot of the tilesets have multiple layers to them, to fix this just allow the AoE to hit enemies above and below the radius of the ability.

2) Alot of the time even with my 3 I feel like I'm waiting for that cooldown to tick down just for abit too long, to fix this I'd suggest allowing modded efficiency to reduce your cooldowns in some way.

3) When you subsume an ability onto him, you can't hold it to gain an element for your passive, this imo is not a good feature and it should be changed so that when you hold it that it gives the element that would usually be in that ability slot for your passive.

I have three points for speeding up Orphix Venom gameplay:

1. Decrease cooldown on necramech summons when ours go down. Rent-a-mechs are fine I guess while you wait but seem pretty week in T3 zones. Not sure about the other two since meathook kept my bonewidow alive in those. And if there aren't any rent-a-mechs around you just kinda wait around in operator mode not really doing anything since dps and especially survivability are way down compared to necramechs.
  2. Either speed up the rent-a-mech animation when you first enter it or make it cancelable. As is they take way too long and when time is cutting close it usually means you get back into the action too slow to continue helping.
  3. This one is mostly just a problem for T1 and T2 zones but in a squad of at least 3 we kill the orphix fast and then just wait around for the next one to spawn. I spent about half of my T1 and T2 mission times just waiting for Natah to send in more orphix from the fleet. If we could have the orphix spawn right after we kill one if none are active that would help quite a lot.

As for the rest of the event I don't have any problems aside from the occasional bug like ability/move/weapon unresponsiveness after leaving a necramech or having it explode. Since I plan on using this event to rank 40 my necramechs I don't really have any problems with the drop tables either.

I particularly like how fast we gain affinity for necramechs too. I only wish squads would stay together long enough to actually reach 36 orphix kills but that's the playerbase not you guys.

Keep doing great work DE and enjoy your well earned vacation times coming up!

From 29.5.7 Patch Notes:

On 2020-12-10 at 4:22 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed (again) Client Necramechs losing gained Affinity if the Host migrated.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is still not fixed. I had Rank 27, host migrated, then rank 25 again. Also, your Mech loses all XP if you die (not properly revived).

It's not cool when you start with Mech rank 29, spend 1 hour in the game (36 Orphix), die, and then end up as Rank 29 again.

DE:  Alright, we’re releasing a gamemode where Warframes are disabled, so you’ll have to use Necramechs.  Sentients are invading Grineer and Corpus ships.  You’ll need to bring down the big baddies to keep the Sentient Control down.  Last as long as you can!

Tenno:  Hmm.  Haven’t gotten much chance to use Umbra or Paracesis on Sentients.  But Necramechs are fun, and I can use Vazarin’s Dash to keep them running.  Also, fighting alongside Corpus and Grineer Invasion style against the Sentients sounds fun.

DE:  No, we’ve removed all healing options.  No void dash, no health orbs, nothing.  And the Corpus and Grineer are still fighting you.

Tenno:  ...Ok, that could make for an interesting experience, needing to be careful not to lose health so you can last as long as possible.  So I assume we can get through a firefight with just the shields if we’re careful to take cover and let them recharge?

DE:  Nope.  Shields are basically nonexistent, and they replenish slower than energy does with Energy Siphon.  And you’re a much bigger target, so no one’s going to miss.

Tenno:   Uh... ok... We’ve got Storm Shroud.  I suppose we can use Energy Siphon and Squad Restores to keep our energy up, and use Shroud to last longer.

DE:  Afraid not.  Neither of those work on Necramechs. 

Tenno:  Right, and what’s the cooldown to resummon them if they’re destroyed?

DE:  One minute.  But there’ll be plenty of Fallen Necramechs around of you need them.

Tenno:  Is the painfully slow reconstruction animation still a thing?

DE:  Yup!

Tenno:  So we’ll either have to wait for a minute to get our mech back or stand still while we reconstruct a new one.  And all the while, the enemy control goes up.

DE:  Exactly. 

Tenno:  But the Fallen ones don’t use your weapons, so they probably can’t kill things fast enough later on.

DE:  Right, so you’ll want to use yours as much as possible.

Tenno:  But I can’t heal it, its shields don’t last more than two seconds, and when it inevitably breaks in the middle of combat, I need to somehow survive in operator mode, with all kinds of Sentients and enemies shooting at me, for a whole minute while more Orphix spawn and control keeps going up!

DE:  That’s right!  Have fun!  If you need us, we’ll be available in January!

Tenno:  But—I—What?

Honest opinion, I love this game.  The event is actually quite fun at times.  But it feels like you’re going out of your way to make it rough for us.  The Necramechs can’t make it through extended combat like this without any way to heal them, and the Fallen variants just don’t cut it.  My best strategy so far involves using Fallen mechs to get around and clear the Resonance, then only getting out my own mech to destroy the Orphix.  I spent hours on end grinding for the Voidrig, and I haven’t even tried going for the Bonewidow.  And now I’m using it as little as possible in the event designed for it.

Sorry for the rant.  Merry Christmas.  Just try not to forget about us Tenno.

(sorry about the text size; copied from a mobile doc)

19 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Revert or replace the line of sight added to Khora's Whipclaw in U29.5.0.

giphy.gif

It constantly reports false negatives when nothing is visibly blocking line of sight, and makes using Khora's primary, central ability spotty and frustrating.

giphy.gif

This has been broken for now 10 hotfixes and a minor release. Intentionally introducing bugs that harm the usability of a frame is not the right way to address balance problems.

The line of sight also breaks in some circumstances when it interacts with Strangledome.

Replace it with something else - anything else - so I can hit the things I'm aiming at and know I should hit. The "simple" LoS constantly fails, a simple damage falloff would not.

Edit: Now normally I'd also say "this also affects Ember's Fireball and primary Tombfinger Kitguns in the same way".

But here's the fun part!

THE LINE OF SIGHT CHECK ALSO NEGATIVELY AFFECTS BONEWIDOW'S BRAND NEW HEAVY ATTACK!

So you can charge up your big new heavy attack, land it right next to an enemy, and have it do nothing! Quit it with the LoS on projectiles, it does not work right!

This man speaks the truth. 

20 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

This event is very poorly designed. Having a mission where 99% of your account, gear, play time, or progression doesn't matter is extremely frustrating. Disabling the title of this game that has been built for 7 years for an Operation removes all sense of optimization or enjoyment within the mission. Scarlet Spear had many issues, but atleast your gear mattered. Right now, it's just Fluctus on Voidrig. Anything else is not a great time. Sure, you can use Protea's Dispenser to get Necramech energy, but that is an exception to the major handicap this mission puts on the player.

I signed up for Warframe, and the Warframe really does not matter in this Operation. That makes it unfun. I didn't get Mastery Rank 30 or Forma up every item in the game to use 2 arsenal items out of 600+.

Capping an endless mission isn't endurance by the way. Unless the word endurance is describing doing this for 30 days.

And I will just add that the reason this Operation is vacant of major bugs is because almost none of the arsenal can be used for the majority of the mission.

It is good to have something different every now and then, try not to complain about every single thing.

If there is a problem it is that it takes too long to do all 36, not that the event doesn't focus on frames.

So, sat in arsenal, equipped my Voidrig (Rank 38), put a forma, back to Rank 0, go to the event, went until wave 36, Voidrig now RANK 38! Yes maxed, but not Rank 40, wtf DE fix your bullS#&$, wasting time, ate my forma. Nothing is ever ready, mechs have problems still after countless (fixes) towards affinity, ranking, whatever. Bunch of liars, straight up!

Just now, ShakaZulu.PW said:

So, sat in arsenal, equipped my Voidrig (Rank 38), put a forma, back to Rank 0, go to the event, went until wave 36, Voidrig now RANK 38! Yes maxed, but not Rank 40, wtf DE fix your bullS#&$, wasting time, ate my forma. Nothing is ever ready, mechs have problems still after countless (fixes) towards affinity, ranking, whatever. Bunch of liars, straight up!

THAT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME..... WASTE OF FORMAS....

2 minutes ago, Murathas said:

i bet the beta testers told them this wasn't ready... but DE released anyway...

Biz as usual right???? Kinda reminds me of a certain game that just came out, game with some numbers in it, 7 0 2 7, something like that. They suck at their game, so whats the diff, they'll make their money anyways!

First of all, thanks for the update and of course for Lavos, though I am still farming his systems.

I enjoyed the event so far since there wasn't really a good way to play the Mechs properly, open worlds aside. Full of joy I started the mission, called down my Mech and the first thing I realized was "Hey, your Mech will never fit into that door... wait, this a ship-tileset no open world. Can we finally use the Mechs in normal missions?" and then I went berserk on the sentient forces. Skin for the Mech-Helmet looks really cool, same for the Skin for the Mech itself. Haven't got my hands on the new weapon but that's only a matter of RNG.

But sadly EXP loss after Migration still happens and I've encountered a weird bug, preventing me from using abilities or exiting the Mech. I was bullet-jumping into Atlas-4 and while the animation was ongoing I passed the sentient "barrier". I think that resulted in funcionality-loss.

I was hoping for more lore-concerning cutscenes, since Scarlet Spear had those and you said in a past devstream that the New War-Storyline will come to an end soon.

See you guys after the holidays and have a nice and cozy christmas DE!

2 hours ago, Talon_Gaming said:

DE:  Alright, we’re releasing a gamemode where Warframes are disabled, so you’ll have to use Necramechs.  Sentients are invading Grineer and Corpus ships.  You’ll need to bring down the big baddies to keep the Sentient Control down.  Last as long as you can!

Tenno:  Hmm.  Haven’t gotten much chance to use Umbra or Paracesis on Sentients.  But Necramechs are fun, and I can use Vazarin’s Dash to keep them running.  Also, fighting alongside Corpus and Grineer Invasion style against the Sentients sounds fun.

DE:  No, we’ve removed all healing options.  No void dash, no health orbs, nothing.  And the Corpus and Grineer are still fighting you.

Tenno:  ...Ok, that could make for an interesting experience, needing to be careful not to lose health so you can last as long as possible.  So I assume we can get through a firefight with just the shields if we’re careful to take cover and let them recharge?

DE:  Nope.  Shields are basically nonexistent, and they replenish slower than energy does with Energy Siphon.  And you’re a much bigger target, so no one’s going to miss.

Tenno:   Uh... ok... We’ve got Storm Shroud.  I suppose we can use Energy Siphon and Squad Restores to keep our energy up, and use Shroud to last longer.

DE:  Afraid not.  Neither of those work on Necramechs. 

Tenno:  Right, and what’s the cooldown to resummon them if they’re destroyed?

DE:  One minute.  But there’ll be plenty of Fallen Necramechs around of you need them.

Tenno:  Is the painfully slow reconstruction animation still a thing?

DE:  Yup!

Tenno:  So we’ll either have to wait for a minute to get our mech back or stand still while we reconstruct a new one.  And all the while, the enemy control goes up.

DE:  Exactly. 

Tenno:  But the Fallen ones don’t use your weapons, so they probably can’t kill things fast enough later on.

DE:  Right, so you’ll want to use yours as much as possible.

Tenno:  But I can’t heal it, its shields don’t last more than two seconds, and when it inevitably breaks in the middle of combat, I need to somehow survive in operator mode, with all kinds of Sentients and enemies shooting at me, for a whole minute while more Orphix spawn and control keeps going up!

DE:  That’s right!  Have fun!  If you need us, we’ll be available in January!

Tenno:  But—I—What?

Honest opinion, I love this game.  The event is actually quite fun at times.  But it feels like you’re going out of your way to make it rough for us.  The Necramechs can’t make it through extended combat like this without any way to heal them, and the Fallen variants just don’t cut it.  My best strategy so far involves using Fallen mechs to get around and clear the Resonance, then only getting out my own mech to destroy the Orphix.  I spent hours on end grinding for the Voidrig, and I haven’t even tried going for the Bonewidow.  And now I’m using it as little as possible in the event designed for it.

Sorry for the rant.  Merry Christmas.  Just try not to forget about us Tenno.

(sorry about the text size; copied from a mobile doc)

But Bone widow can heal and we got a new healing mod (max 49% I think and with a CD). But I get what you are saying, they killed the oppotunity for synergi through builds... do arcane on our frame translate to the mechs?

Bummed my weapons aren't keeping their affinity... I figured I'd use this as a great opportunity to level up some archwing weapons since I don't play a lot of arch missions but none of the affinity I earned for my corvas stayed and it's back to rank 8. I saw someone up thread saying they'd had the same issue when formaing their mech so I'm gonna hold off on that for now. I also agree with comments that it would be nice if the "fallen" mechs scaled a little bit better in endurance. I have some clan-mates who don't have a necramech yet so I suspect the higher levels are going to be tough going.

That being said! I do like the event, I got really lucky drops on my first endurance run and a great squad. Once I figured out the flow, it went super smoothly. I also really appreciate how long it's going for, so I don't immediately burn myself out trying to get as much as possible done in one weekend! Happy holidays DE!

Hmm Interestingly this is one of the operations I do like. Stuff can be gotten via mission rewards, circumventing the need to grind 10k phasics. Necramech brawling is also kinda fun, although maybe I'm biased as I have fully formaed mech and mausolon. 

At least this is so much more fun than the thing where we had to send those ... packets to railjack crews. 

Archived