Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Group Pause Function

Fractyr

Hello,
Currently, you can only pause the game in solo mode by pressing escape.

This enables the player to "take a break" whenever needed during the mission and come back when they feel like it.

That said, there should be a group pause function.

It will function like so:

1. One of the players (doesnt have to be the host) types /pause command in the chat 

2. Vote bar will appear

3. All 4 players must type pause for the pause to initiate

4. To unpause, all 4 players have to type /unpause command in the chat

Suggestions are welcome below

21 minutes ago, Ryptoryx said:

Hello,

This enables the player to "take a break" whenever needed during the mission and come back when they feel like it.

1. One of the players (doesnt have to be the host) types /pause command in the chat 

2. Vote bar will appear

Literally m 1/10 group would do this

33 minutes ago, Ryptoryx said:

2. Vote bar will appear

Beyond how few groups would use this say one of the people alt-tabs and refuses to type in /unpause.
What happens then?  They just sit their paused with absolutely nothing that can be done about it until they have enough and abandon the mission?

And how often is someone allowed to spam the /pause and annoy people in the middle of combat with a pop-up bar?

I just see way too many problems with this and I don't see what this is actually meant to solve.
Most missions are 3-5 minutes at the most.  The longer missions are generally from pre-made groups that decide to go from X time.
I just don't see what being able to pause would actually accomplish...I mean it would just be faster and easier to wrap up the mission than to have it pause for who knows how long.

14 hours ago, MystMan said:

For Invite-Only and Friends-Only lobbies, sure.

For public lobbies, no way.

This. Could be problematic in public. I'd make the exception of being able to pause when you're the only one left in public match-making. There have been times where I'd just continue some endless fissure after everyone left and would've liked the ability to pause. Or sometimes you queue public, but no one joins.

Overall though, this would be awesome. The major reason I'm mostly running solo is the ability to pause.

20 hours ago, Ryptoryx said:

Hello,

2. Vote bar will appear

Make it lobby specific.  If Public groups had this, there would be no end of trolling complaints.  Have some time limit before it unpauses on it's own or you'll wind up with people sitting on pause for a few hours.

for how easily this could be abused, no. you should try to plan your missions accordingly. I know things can pop up unexpectedly, but that's life. all you can do is try to make it so that you do public missions when less likely to be disturbed and solo or take understanding friends if you're expecting something to take you out of the game at some point (e.g. you got something in the oven).

Archived