Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many of you still use the extractor?

ChaoticEdge

It would be nice if they just collected resources periodically without redeployment. It's a fairly uninteresting piece of content which is a nice increase in resources earlier on, but after you've created everything they are too trivial to even attend. 

The BP are reusable, they should just stay down and keep bringing periodic gains until they break, and you can simply create new ones to replace them in a cycle. 

The poll is close, only 35 ppl taken the poll

11 ppl "Lot"

2 ppl on "most"

4 ppl on "mild"

6 ppl on "less"

12 ppl on "never"

It seems more likely players is on never but some do say different thing, ppl farm orokin cells and majorties said farming thous hex gas thing.  Thus bring to the conclusion, ppl farm certain thing but never farm them fully with extractor even thou DE had place material there, players find it faster to farm the materials.  I'll make another poll soon about should the extractor get OM and RJ map.

3 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

The poll is close, only 35 ppl taken the poll

11 ppl "Lot"

2 ppl on "most"

4 ppl on "mild"

6 ppl on "less"

12 ppl on "never"

It seems more likely players is on never but some do say different thing, ppl farm orokin cells and majorties said farming thous hex gas thing.  Thus bring to the conclusion, ppl farm certain thing but never farm them fully with extractor even thou DE had place material there, players find it faster to farm the materials.  I'll make another poll soon about should the extractor get OM and RJ map.

I underlined your statement that might be misconstrued. When you look at each individual answer, yes, most people said "never" compared to every other answer. But when you realize that every other answer represents people using Extractors, then I think the data should also be pointed out this way:

People who use extractors: 23

People who do not use extractors: 12

So actually, more people use extractors than not; almost double.

Of course, this is an extremely small sample size :) Also, to clarify what I said before, the main reason I use them is for Orokin cells, however since I am doing them, I also use them to farm other things too, even alloys. Of course, this doesn't mean extractors are actually useful, just that many of us seem to think they are ;)

I actually tried to use them rather recently, but they don't do sh-t. They don't last long (weeks), you need to manually manage them, they don't extract what i want. I would leave them running for a while to extract some mutagen samples here and there, but they just don't, it's too much trouble for too little gain.

Extractors are permanent. I've had my same four for years, now. You need to pull them before they take enough damage to destroy them, and then they will heal as they remain in your inventory.

The strategy behind using them is to have some spares so that you can cycle them in while they heal.

11 hours ago, MontyCulligan said:

I underlined your statement that might be misconstrued. When you look at each individual answer, yes, most people said "never" compared to every other answer. But when you realize that every other answer represents people using Extractors, then I think the data should also be pointed out this way:

People who use extractors: 23

People who do not use extractors: 12

So actually, more people use extractors than not; almost double.

Of course, this is an extremely small sample size :) Also, to clarify what I said before, the main reason I use them is for Orokin cells, however since I am doing them, I also use them to farm other things too, even alloys. Of course, this doesn't mean extractors are actually useful, just that many of us seem to think they are ;)

It is true, ppl use the extractors but this is reason why I purposely did it because for the question is are they doing it frequently what the dev thought it will be for more likely the less fall into never, mild just fall in netrual and most does fall into with alot.  Thus I had not mislead any mistaken in my department, for this is where drawing the line that players aren't getting what they want out these extractors for lets say if I deiced to make a poll for it is simple oh wait I got it right here.

xoyondo.com/ap/PUaFRrzlwo5zYlp

(gotta make another thread because it is time for the extractors step up their level of evaluation)

Thus reason why, if players are using less or never it is basically more reason to ask DE to actually give players more to encourage use them but more of opening to other things for they would use that phone app that was "abandon" for couple few years for there had been "No Words" ever been talk about it.  Then again, DE probably will not end up not caring the thread I made or other post even thou they shrug it off and don't have to deal with "miniature complains".  If you remember, about Nekros's soul punch how much complain of piece of garbage was how useless it had become for it was before during his update for it was only poop and giggles and I got sick of tired it being that poop and giggles.  So I start abuse it, trying show example yet I was ignored too many dang time then it hit me for got DE wake up and had right straight complain and told them they made "faults claim" with nekros prime trailer for soul punch was not like the trailer for it went into major. This had caught many attention of players and communties, for rest of us guys who agreed it should be simple and easy for DE to accept small changes on nekros for basically simple to say "just do it like how inaros just eat up a guy and turn that guy into a minion" and it was done simple as that.  This time, where I am going with this well it is also that time to complain about Extractors for discovering players who didn't attended for they also find extractor useless and that is why where the "less" ppl are the one reason why they barely care the extractors get destroy or not.  According on player base saying, they find the extractor waste resources to make and come back all broken and full of poo.  That is why they care less and don't really bother using it very often.

So, that mild is a good sign, most is a good sign, and a lot is another good sign but when it come to never and less it is sign of not really you had impress players about the extractor.  This bring the calculation, if warframe players are millions playing this and rest of them probably said never or less you'll probably have a range 35-45% of players care less about the extractor just like how "Air Support" how DE utterly ditch that Air Support like hot garbage for DE is doing it again treating extractor another hot garbage.  For it is better for seeing less of that 35-45% of players who hate it using it will now end up willing use it more so it can be on statement of being mild or most.

4 hours ago, Aesthier said:

I stopped using them for a while but now that I have helmith I use them whenever I can while playing. They don't give much but it is better then nothing.

I do understand that but keep in mind, "does it the extractor mine it all"?  Basically no, seeing the result the materials mining the other things seem more important then the regular materials for regular materials are basically just basic.  Like they ditch the archwing mission as they also ditch the materials in the archwing mission

Tellurium.png

This isn't mining resources at all by the drone, now ask yourself why didn't DE include the mining sources if the archwing mission is "Mainly Found" on different planets for it wasn't part of RJ, it isn't part of OM thus you only can get it when daily rewards shows up.  This is a big problem, the players who are new don't get many of these guys, the veterans probably had tons or some, the average players minor or few this bring issues to the table.  Warframe is pose to made "for fun" not "WORK THAT GRIND HARD UNTIL YOUR BRAIN IS A ZOMBIE".  No more grinding resources, DE need to stop doing this same old and same old tricks for they been ignoring extractor like it was an child that was acted "never wished it was born" type of thing or "hates" it for regretting it all these years.  This is where I cross the line, to the point where reason why I made this because DE seem to be being corner slowly like old cat mouse game but this time the mouse is DE, the players are the cats giving question and doubts in the game.

I'm pretty sure i've farmed over 1 million polymer bundles through my extractors alone. Just put them on planets that have a resource you know you need more of but are too lazy to farm it yourself; in my case polymer bundles. My recommended extractors are Mercury, Venus, Uranus, and Deimos.

I have one on Deimos, one on Saturn and one on Eris. Easy way to get Orokin cells and mutagen samples.
Also, when they reworked the Gas city i had one on Jupiter for the new resources there. Its not much, but it does help, and you can use the Warframe app to keep them running.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Double991 said:

I'm pretty sure i've farmed over 1 million polymer bundles through my extractors alone. Just put them on planets that have a resource you know you need more of but are too lazy to farm it yourself; in my case polymer bundles. My recommended extractors are Mercury, Venus, Uranus, and Deimos.

try 10millions polymer bundles without the extractors.  I waste thous materials right up for helmith so basically forgot where I am down at but it was finally got rid of massive junk resources for does it give me reason go back farm more with or without extractor?

87b0ad6ba2939bcbd6d07c15f507f7b5.jpg

is it worth to cry because we been farming massively useless resources with and without the extractor?

637.png

for it is time for DE open the extractor to OM and RJ.

5 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I do understand that but keep in mind...

....and doubts in the game.

Please understand that I am having a very hard time understanding your sentence structure but I think I have the basic premise of what you are saying (please forgive me if I am wrong).

The points I believe you were trying to make are that:

A. DE has completely forgotten about extractors/distillers.

B. It is time for DE to make some adjustments to the extractor/distiller content such as the rewards a player receives from them.

C. Players should fill out your poll so you can use that hard data to support your argument that the subject requires action by DE.

D. (A possible side note) Extractors and distillers feel useless to many players because they either don't reward enough material and/or they don't award the correct types of materials.

Were those the main points you seek to bring across?

Feel free to correct me by adding to or changing those points as you see fit.

Also what do you mean by "OM" in the following statement?

3 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

it is time for DE open the extractor to OM and RJ.

18 minutes ago, Aesthier said:

Please understand that I am having a very hard time understanding your sentence structure but I think I have the basic premise of what you are saying (please forgive me if I am wrong).

The points I believe you were trying to make are that:

A. DE has completely forgotten about extractors/distillers.

B. It is time for DE to make some adjustments to the extractor/distiller content such as the rewards a player receives from them.

C. Players should fill out your poll so you can use that hard data to support your argument that the subject requires action by DE.

D. (A possible side note) Extractors and distillers feel useless to many players because they either don't reward enough material and/or they don't award the correct types of materials.

Were those the main points you seek to bring across?

Feel free to correct me by adding to or changing those points as you see fit.

Also what do you mean by "OM" in the following statement?

dude we been over with this so many time with the word OM for it stand for Open Map like PoE not POE the game,, for RJ stand for rail jack.  Also no DE didn't forget or either making adjustment for DE attend not even make sure extractors exit for heck extractor prime exist and they trying hide it several time for they even announce it about few weeks ago when prime vault unvaulting for they did said "extractor" for this time they are seriously ignore the existence pose to have an upgrade.

Also you need stop skipping for I did say lots of things already, more likely DE abandon it in the 1st place for we are wasting large amount resources for extractor for think about how much players have to keep on building and repeat that building of 100s of extractors or maybe there is 1k of extractors that the players already built in because they want farm the heck out of planet as once they reached millions of resources it all become meaningless just how rahetalius felt when he had reached 10k of forma on his vauban then deleted for it felt nothing for him.  Logically in speaking, why I say such a thing for the game lacks huge amount back bones for the extractors could of been money  just small task money and should of been that small part of back bone funding to help out players and not wasting away like sack of potato overly get spoiled.  The only thing players are farming is thous hexenon and that is reason why "lot" and "most" had the most voted there and orokin cells fell into "most" and "mild".  Thus, this bring in to the point DE is really refusing players to have easy farming picking but instead they forcefully give players to farm on OM and RJ even the rewards on RJ seems only 1k it doesn't mean it is enough fill out the weapons, the ships and other resources is put into the ship or OM getting your resources that you needed the most was that annoying rare ore for it took so long to try farm it out.  RNG is mostly in control, not extractor for the extractor could of gotten thous materials no problem for lets say if the extractor able to farm in thous 3 OM that DE made for it would of been less stress the players farm them and not fully punishing them farming thous materials every day yet DE plan this out perfectly how they wanted. 

This is how they plan it, DE plan make it grindy so that players have no chose keep on farming in game for OM was their best option to keep players in the game more for this drove away new players because if no one remember that meme of "Cetus Wisp"

Spoiler

Thus even thou DE had narrow down the cetus wisp but also lie about the cetus wisp for got NERF for they are just more now pain the rear to get *slow clapping*.  As again coming back the rock resources on OM is massive and large for these resources shouldn't be only in OM for it should of been mined by drones in the 1st place for it hadn't cuz DE needs rear in the players into forcefully farming that is the way that they thought it will bring profit.  Yes every players been fish in every time, but this time the veterans do the same shrug it off act like this is nothing and not a problem but I and few other veterans players say different saying as the DE trying wack at one the veteran players and youtuber for they "ban" his account for using political name as example "Mc'Donald Crump" or something like that then DE say "No".  I think right now about DE, is still in utterly in a mess for that 15% chance something stupid is going happen is going land right on it and I was freaking right about it for do not ask what the rest % which there is actually 3 for 1 is good, 1 is bad, and 1 randomly either choose bad or good the same time but utterly come out stupid. 

Proving my point making all this effort had a reason, more reason new players don't want to keep on interaction with warframe for it been warding away new players for "its too damn grindy" or either "I am still confused" DE had not made it simple for casual players for another thing rahetalius is right about is "you need make the game profitable" for casual players are the main sources of cow and the more you rear them in the more want come back warframe for this been a problem from the very start of when new players arrived and start as new for resources are pain the rear and giving new players right away it is like you throw a guy into the enslavement camp as one the soldiers say "get to work for I don't care your new, feel the whip now on your back".  This demote the game in that type of stage, players hate super grind and it isn't enjoyable for seeing between what is enjoyable and what is not for we must take example what is good grind take "Monster Hunter" the latest game now for it has good grind and it is fun still but to warframe which one is painfully grind for oh that is right that Sibear https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sibear

Ask yoursef, why we can't get the extractor mining that resources oh wait DE had forgotten about it (no they didn't, they just do it like they always do, ignore it) for there been players talk about then DE just pretend that don't exist so dose the same with the extractor.  DE had made this game into one grinding machine, not a fun game for the game had been found it's old loop again which DE attend look for more loop holes to once again rinse repeat.  They had did it well with Nekrons place, fortuna and Cetus for if no one see the pattern you'll get it soon enough.  For same thing again, with the new OM you got PoE farming resources, Solaris farming resources, and now Infested plans farming resources, do anyone see this loop already for I already figure it out from the start but hey I knew long ago they were pushing to the point trying make new loop holes.

This time, I want close that small issues that loop holes they repeating been doing of this past years.  This time I want players to be feeling like they are profitable enough even more, not the other way around doing for feel like you have to go the rice field and get beat the heck by by asain guy with nunchucks while your farming the field.  This is really a no no for no DE it isn't right, this isn't the way force players for making them play the game of large amount of grinding for this what driven away new players.  So basically I rest my case from here for the temporary until then, think about what you are grinding on the most without the extractor.

1 hour ago, ChaoticEdge said:

dude we been over with this so many time with the word OM for it stand for Open Map like PoE not POE the game,, for RJ stand for rail jack.

Perhaps if you had simply stated "open map (OM)" somewhere in this thread prior to the exact quote above then you wouldn't have to keep repeating what it means to you "so many time".

Secondly I honestly wanted a civil discussion with you concerning your points but simply do not understand alot of what you said based upon your lack of proper sentence structure and clear concise points. That and you keep going off into tangent examples that confuse and thus detract from the points you are trying to get across.

I honestly did not mean to offend you and only wanted simple concise clarification for my own understanding so I could discuss the situation from a civil standpoint.

I sympathize with your frustrations but do not feel your response to me was well warranted.

I will simply save my questions and responses when you have hopefully cleaned up your suggestion more and posted it in the Suggestion forums.

Thank you for your time.

3 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Many time? Actually, most people would use OW, or Open World, but ok...

I would do a joke right about now about "OW" was actually mean your hurt but OM is pretty much better instead because well it is OM game starting with PoE, but less arguable to make sense OW Open World it have to be a "sandbox" game like minecraft when the game here is actually OM.  That is why I don't say OW because all I will get is actually an Ow.

Extractors are extremely terrible and even worse because they might give a new player the impression that the amount of resources they're getting from that annoying busywork is somehow relevant, which in turn massively lowers their expectations for what they could otherwise easily get from missions, potentially distracting them from figuring out ways to improve efficiency, such as learning about how to build around loot-increasing abilities, looking up the best missions for each kind of resource, noticing which resources will build up almost passively until you have more of it than you could ever possibly need and which resources need to be actively farmed, etc. I tried using extractors when I was new to the game and I can say that it was a monumental waste of time, even if it takes just a couple minutes to set them up. The extractors, and the ability to set them up from the mobile app, are just a next-to-zero-reward ploy to drive up interaction with the game, to make you think about the game when you're at school/at work/at your grandma's funeral. You're not really getting more resources from the extractors, you're getting the need to check the extractors twice a day to be disappointed because they gave you a hilariously pitiful amount of the wrong resources yet again.

Too much of a pain in the the arse to deploy and grab them every few hours for almost zero resources and normally just the common ones that i have millions and millions of.... sooo yup why would ya?.

Nothing new it's not like they have ever been useful lol, just another system that gathers dust.

Archived