Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many of you still use the extractor?

ChaoticEdge

i used extractors for about 1.5 years.  then i went to using nekros with resource boosted times if i was in need.  but after 5 years of playing, i've accumulated too much of everything that first day getting helminth, i maxxed it with subsumes with barely a dent to to my overall supplies  X>

Voted.

Yes I use them. Originally as a mindless way to get Orokin Cells for building Prime frames and weapons. Or if there was a particular resource that needed for a component build and couldn't be bothered specifically farming for.

Now I still use them on Deimos and Eris in the hope of getting Mutagen Samples as my clan hasn't yet finished researching that most ridiculous of items, the Hema.

Employ them twice every day but only on Phobos, Pluto, Eris and Jupiter using primed versions - the mobile app is really handy for controlling them when I'm not actually in game. It's surprising how the resources rack up - not huge amounts but I can't imagine not using them now as it's been part of my routine for many years.

**voted**

I wouldn't recommend extractors now since we have SP. Even if you play very regulary and are still pretty new to the game, I don't think it is even time efficient to do the clicks. Early on, it was pretty handy for people having the upgraded ones(distillers or something) because the game was about farming the void as much as possible, some rare mods, raids and alerts and it felt bad purposefully resource farming for rarer resources.

41 minutes ago, Galuf said:

I wouldn't recommend extractors now since we have SP. Even if you play very regulary and are still pretty new to the game, I don't think it is even time efficient to do the clicks. Early on, it was pretty handy for people having the upgraded ones(distillers or something) because the game was about farming the void as much as possible, some rare mods, raids and alerts and it felt bad purposefully resource farming for rarer resources.

I just need few answer for I have question but like I said I had link for everyone to actually part take the vote on, so plz make sure you as well vote so I actually get result and it is hard get players join in or not but I will make another post that should the extractor should get more "jobs" on mining other resources.

Vet here.

When I was still digging my claws into the game, say, MR 0 to 10, I thought they were the best thing in the world.  Passive resources as I powered through the game.  I was intimidated by Hydroids and Nekroses in pubs for a long time,  so I stayed away.

At some point, with the right gear, I just felt right learning how to farm myself.

When I started farming this and that, I felt (and still do feel) that actively farming large amounts of resources is more fun and productive than micromanaging small amounts of resources based off of real world timers.

Probably not gonna touch an extractor ever again.

On 2020-12-25 at 11:43 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I used it one time when I was new, got such a small amount of resources I decided it wasn't worth it and never touched em again. 

I don't expect a Prime extractor to be any better.

That's what it boils down to for me too. When I was desperate for Orokin cells, I tried using extractors to get them. Not only did I never seen any cells, but I found that it was a waste of time messing with extractors. This was 2 years ago for me.

On 2020-12-25 at 5:35 PM, ChaoticEdge said:

DE basic idea for players farm and less grind in the game

/me looks at my sibear blueprint and laughs until it turns to tears of hysteria.

(I do use the extractors - they work fine on the mobile app, but now i onyl tend to use them on planets that drop orokin cells, on the off-chance I get 4 of them for free. Its an easy task to do before bed)

I use them because I don't yet have any frames that specialize in resource gathering.

Anyhoo, I'm still only playing around in the mid-game and I suspect more people in my range of gameplay would be using them, so they are still mildly useful for us. I just picked up some orokin cells from mine today, in fact.

I only used them for getting some of the resources I lacked back in the day (polymers, orokin cells and later hexenon) but you get almost no rare resources from them and the amounts of the common ones are quite tiny. So now days I cant be bothered even tho I have the warframe app which makes it a bit easier. 

Archived