Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limit Foundry Slots.

Amadeus_the_Executioner

Make it so you have 2 free foundry slots at the start. So that if the 2 are used you cant start any new projects. However you can buy additional slots for like 20 platinum each. But they expire after 2 weeks so you have to get them again. If a slot expires while there is a project inside of it, then everything in that slot gets "deleted" without refunding resources or the Blueprint.

Why?

A: To encourage thinking and planning. This would make the game a little bit more complex since you would have to always check the foundry and make game changing decisions.

This post has to be intentionally ridiculous so people can farm reputation by making simple reactions to it, because there would be no possible way that this would be an actual opinion that someone holds regarding the game to improve it...

Right?

25 minutes ago, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

Make it so you have 2 free foundry slots at the start. So that if the 2 are used you cant start any new projects. However you can buy additional slots for like 20 platinum each. But they expire after 2 weeks so you have to get them again. If a slot expires while there is a project inside of it, then everything in that slot gets "deleted" without refunding resources or the Blueprint.

Why?

A: To encourage thinking and planning. This would make the game a little bit more complex since you would have to always check the foundry and make game changing decisions.

So... what's it going to do with my 145 items already crafted? 

Also, don't introduce this trashy mobile game feature that limits the amount of items you can build at a time regardless of the resources you have and then charge money for it. That is the most irritating system to exist in any game I have ever played.

Of the things that are good about the foundry, this is probably the one thing that should never change. The ability to start crafting anything at anytime as long as you have the resources should never be removed. 

Also, this is one of the worst payment systems I have ever heard of. 10 plat per week per "slot". So unless I want to loose all the 145 items in my foundry I would have to pay 2900 plat every 2 weeks. That is more than 100 USD every 2 weeks. How is this a good system at all? 

This is also in contradiction to all WFs other slot systems which are kept forever once bought. 

I keep my gear in my foundry until I want to use it and thus not waste plat on slots. The reason weapon, riven and frame slots cost what they do is the data storage needed for them.(for the most part) Keeping something in your foundry has 0 customization and mainly just needs to store the time till done crafting. Warframes need to store build, colouring,  attachments and all other cosmetics.x3 for each config slot. Weapons have to store mods and colors, less data for a lower price. 

So, the question still stands: Why? 

You claim encouraging more planning, except your suggestion pushes getting all frames to take a minimum of 180 days, and that is building them constantly. Now add weapons, sentinels, modulars, consumables. All this just so you can have some complexity for the foundry. This would not add any complexity,  just limit people to spending plat or being stuck waiting for things that might be worse that they expect and having that delay the arrival of things they would actually like.

MR 5 or 6 might take you months if this were to be implemented. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Scruffel:

This post has to be intentionally ridiculous so people can farm reputation by making simple reactions to it, because there would be no possible way that this would be an actual opinion that someone holds regarding the game to improve it...

Right?

In my opinion it is a legit way to improve the player experience with Warframe. It may sound a little harsh, but in the long run, it will vitalise the player base, and give a boost to the replayability of the game.

4 minutes ago, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

replayability of the game

What? This is an on going MMO, there is no replayability, only playability,  and your suggestion harms playability itself. 

Improving player experience by making them wait longer or pay up? Great game design.

Also: who thinks "gee, the thing that would get me back to warframe is a change to the crafting system"? This is a side action to the actual gameplay.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb PhiThagRaid:

Also, don't introduce this trashy mobile game feature that limits the amount of items you can build at a time regardless of the resources you have and then charge money for it. That is the most irritating system to exist in any game I have ever played.

Of the things that are good about the foundry, this is probably the one thing that should never change. The ability to start crafting anything at anytime as long as you have the resources should never be removed. 

Also, this is one of the worst payment systems I have ever heard of. 10 plat per week per "slot". So unless I want to loose all the 145 items in my foundry I would have to pay 2900 plat every 2 weeks. That is more than 100 USD every 2 weeks. How is this a good system at all? 

This is also in contradiction to all WFs other slot systems which are kept forever once bought. 

I keep my gear in my foundry until I want to use it and thus not waste plat on slots. The reason weapon, riven and frame slots cost what they do is the data storage needed for them.(for the most part) Keeping something in your foundry has 0 customization and mainly just needs to store the time till done crafting. Warframes need to store build, colouring,  attachments and all other cosmetics.x3 for each config slot. Weapons have to store mods and colors, less data for a lower price. 

So, the question still stands: Why? 

You claim encouraging more planning, except your suggestion pushes getting all frames to take a minimum of 180 days, and that is building them constantly. Now add weapons, sentinels, modulars, consumables. All this just so you can have some complexity for the foundry. This would not add any complexity,  just limit people to spending plat or being stuck waiting for things that might be worse that they expect and having that delay the arrival of things they would actually like.

MR 5 or 6 might take you months if this were to be implemented. 

This is valid criticism, but that is exactly why i think this change is necessary. People just like hoarding stuff in their foundry, and they even forget that they have like +100 things in there. This stagnates the player experience, since they don't have to worry about their stuff. But if we would implement this system, people would have to be aware of what is going on, since if they want to proceed faster in the game, they would have to spent precious Platinum.

vor 1 Minute schrieb PhiThagRaid:

What? This is an on going MMO, there is no replayability, only playability,  and your suggestion harms playability itself. 

Improving player experience by making them wait longer or pay up? Great game design.

It would be great indeed. You would have to farm Platinum if you want to speed up your progress, thus giving you valid reason to play the game even more.

2 minutes ago, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

since if they want to proceed faster in the game, they would have to spent precious Platinum

Exactly the opposite, I haven't claimed them, because I don't care to rush the game. I built them so when I want to play with them I can instantly claim them not having to either look up what I need or wait for an arbitrary timer.

It would be great indeed. You would have to farm Platinum if you want to speed up your progress, thus giving you valid reason to play the game even more.

The cost to rush items in the foundry is already enough microtransactions, don't add more unneeded ways to drain players of plat to it.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb PhiThagRaid:

Exactly the opposite, I haven't claimed them, because I don't care to rush the game. I built them so when I want to play with them I can instantly claim them not having to either look up what I need or wait for an arbitrary timer.

If you don't want to rush the game, then you obviously don't need that many slots either. You can just craft 2 items at a time, and wait right? There is nothing contradicting to that system. It supports both ways of playing, slow and fast.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb PhiThagRaid:

The cost to rush items in the foundry is already enough microtransactions, don't add more unneeded ways to drain players of plat to it.

Thats the way F2P games usually tend to be though. So i dont think adding 1 tiny addition to the system would be considered as "draining the players".

Edit: especially when that addition improves the overall player experience.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb PhiThagRaid:

In case of people that keep their stuff piling up in the foundry: before implementing this system, give like 1 month time for people to claim their stuff. Everything unclaimed except for 2 things will get permanently removed.

Edit: that sound like a fair and transparent way of doing it.

Just now, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

If you don't want to rush the game, then you obviously don't need that many slots either. You can just craft 2 items at a time, and wait right? There is nothing contradicting to that system. It supports both ways of playing, slow and fast.

Nope. It does not support both ways, it hinders both. Fast: your suggestion limits the amount of items the player is able to obtain within a set amount of time without spending. Slow: your suggestion does away with the ability to have things you want crafted and ready for you.

Thats the way F2P games usually tend to be though. So i dont think adding 1 tiny addition to the system would be considered as "draining the players".

Edit: especially when that addition improves the overall player experience.

Ah, yes, because a bi-weekly payment to use a feature isn't completely different from the rest of the play purchases in the game at all. The only temporary plat purchasable items that exist are boosters and there are even there non-plat related ways of getting them.

Your suggestion does nothing to improve overall player experience, so that is not a reason at all.

In case of people that keep their stuff piling up in the foundry: before implementing this system, give like 1 month time for people to claim their stuff. Everything unclaimed except for 2 things will get permanently removed.

Ah, yes, force me to spend more than 900 plat on slots just so my progress isn't lost, what a steal.

vor 1 Minute schrieb PhiThagRaid:

Ah, yes, force me to spend more than 900 plat on slots just so my progress isn't lost, what a steal.

I am glad you finally came to share my point of view. I hope this system gets implemented as soon as possible so we can all enjoy Warframe even more than we already are. Happy New Year.

3 minutes ago, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

With this kind of suggestion are you trying to get a reputation that would allow you to work at EA? This idea is horrible for a game with hundreds of weapons,  more than 40 warframes, 2 mechs, about 10 sentinels, more than 18 mining resources, more than 10 specter types, more than 100 modular parts and loads of consumables.

am glad you finally came to share my point of view. I hope this system gets implemented as soon as possible so we can all enjoy Warframe even more than we already are. Happy New Year

Either you have never heard of sarcasm, or you are the most idiotic person I have ever met. Either way, your suggestion and your comments indicate that you are unable/unwilling to provide any useful feedback to the game. And if by "Happy New Year" you mean "sod off", then gladly and to you too.

2 hours ago, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

Why?

Not sure if this is serious or if you are just baiting but that would just make DE look even worse then they already do. Especially after being officially owned by the trash that is Tencent! This would just make it seem as though DE is making warframe seem even more like the mobile game it has been the whole time XD.

In my humble opinion, the points i have provided should be enough to convince everybody that this is an excellent idea. Sure there are some fears here and there, but once you get used to it, it will beneficial to everybody. We have to leave the comfort zone to reach a better future. That is a step i am willing to take.

i don't understand op actually.

What options does he wants ?

1) allowing players to create more than one of the same item at a time for a cost (let's say : 2 forma at once) but without touching the rest (meaning we can still makes lot of differents projects but simply that we can now do multiple time the same project as well.

2) only allow to create a limited amount of item at once even if they are different.

if it's 1 , well , allowing to create multiple forma at once could be nice i guess as long as there is no difference for what we were allowed to do before.
If it's 2 , indeed , give the mushrooms like the previous poster said, cause i don't see anyone willing to want such a thing and im betting it would be a troll post.

11 hours ago, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

improve the player experience

Improving player experience... by making them pay to experience the game?

Have you literally only played mobile games before this and think that this is actually something companies do to encourage you? It's a money making tactic, pure and simple. Making you pay to be able to do things in the game is literally how companies farm money from players.

The whole reason that DE currently has any player base at all is because they do not do things like this outside of one, specific area of the game, and ensure that players can bypass even that without paying if they need to.

Players are constantly, and I mean constantly, trying to get DE to remove the pay-to-play cost that DE already implemented on Warframe and Weapon slots. But, at the very least, they can get around that with a bit of trading.

However, limiting crafting to slots? That means a player can't even queue up a Warframe for its three day build and a Forma for its 23 hour build, without then having to pay Plat in order to continue the game.

A step towards the better future would be to free the Foundry even more. DE made a good step on this with the 100x blueprints for certain Gear items, and this has been used to great effect.

If we could, instead of your idea, actually earn more free Warframe and Weapon slots, using play-to-earn tactics, like Nightwave, that would be improving player experience.

Your idea is literally the opposite of what Warframe should do to improve things.

14 hours ago, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

Why?

Yes, sure! Why not? Let's make the process of crafting a warframe even longer. And let's add the absolutely necessary risk of losing an unique piece of equipment if your slot expires while the thing is crafting or because you can't log in one day! What could possibly go wrong if you are crafting a Spectra Vandal and lose it because the purchased slot expires? In the meanwhile, we'll also make the forma crafting harder because who would sacrifice a crafting slot for that prolongating even more the crafting of frames and other complex stuff?

This post was sarcastic, if it wasn't clear enough.

Archived