Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event scripting

ThumpumGood

I know that the reasons Im asking and suggesting this rely on the fact that I run both Steam a DE versions of Warframe as I have performance issues with steam but still prefer to purchase plat and other itmes thru steam to minimize credit card exposure(dont give me tips on security). But here goes...

Is there a way to program the events so that they are idle in our computers and then turned off/on server side? I ask to see if there is a possibility of minimizing the number of updates. I realize this would probably only be a thing for the standard events where not much changes. I also ask because my coding skills are very out dated and I have, by today's standard, a basic idea of what could be possible. 

People like me wouldnt have to update 2 instances and people who have limited play time and/or slow connections, wouldnt be faced with having to update before playing.  Just a thought.

12 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

You can use a "steam version" without using steam as "middle man":

I use this method to avoid opening steam when I play regularly, but sometimes I like to see tennogen items. Never had any issues.

not on topic. This is about minimizing updates not retrying things that have already failed.
Edit: I do appreciate that info being there for those it might work for. Also note that I have had the issue on my Win7 machine, a Vista machine and now this Win10 machine and the result is always the same. I either get slowdowns or I get DE shutting down my game with the message that Im having a hardware failure(which has never been the case).

32 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Is there a way to program the events so that they are idle in our computers and then turned off/on server side?

I dont think so, as everything account related is server side anyway. So even if this was a thing, you couldnt use your account when offline.

Also, there arnt that many updates for warframe. Certainly less than in the old days of reinforcements every week.

11 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

not on topic. This is about minimizing updates not retrying things that have already failed.
Edit: I do appreciate that info being there for those it might work for. Also note that I have had the issue on my Win7 machine, a Vista machine and now this Win10 machine and the result is always the same. I either get slowdowns or I get DE shutting down my game with the message that Im having a hardware failure(which has never been the case).

Because you need to have the same version of the game than DE in their servers. You can't fool that. 

11 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Because you need to have the same version of the game than DE in their servers. You can't fool that. 

I do. When there is an update, I update both before playing. And since I have several steam games, It just makes sense to keep my card exposure to one place.

2 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

I do. When there is an update, I update both before playing. And since I have several steam games, It just makes sense to keep my card exposure to one place.

I think we are misunderstanding each other based on some kind of language barrier, but good luck trying to play without updating.

Im sure some of you remember Dinosaurs. Well that phrase is most appropriate. I have my pc gone over every 6 months by the people who built it and guess what... NOTHING is wrong with it. I dont know who thought it was a good idea to try and be my momma by killing the game and saying that Warframe has detected a problem with my PC but it's a VERY  bad idea. NOT the momma. PLEASE get rid of that garbage. If my PC dies... it dies. I dont need a game program telling me that it THINKS something is wrong with my PC when I JUST had it in for a check up. This is no longer funny.

7 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

im confused.

I think it has to do with Warframe telling you to do extensive diagnosis to check your harddrive, RAM, video card when Warframe might have a video memory leak (patched) that causes a crash it thinks is the PC hardware. NVIDIA driver could also crash... or worse... the NVIDIA drive may just not respond to Windows' driver stack causing Windows to think the driver is borked resulting in Windows yanking and reloading the driver even though it was working correctly! Then the game tells you your PC is broken and to spend several hours reseating RAM, GPU, running SMART and other disk checking... And the page reads like it's cheery and patronizing. It's like if Microsoft replaced BSOD with a background of a checkerboard of smiley faces and told you (in a very cheerful and patronizing way) to waste your time doing a bunch of tests and risk touching your hardware and breaking it.

It never once tells you to check Event Viewer for a common problem with the Windows graphics driver stack (or, for that matter, diagnosing any problem in hardware or Windows). It tells you to waste your time doing a bunch of other stuff instead of that.

Are you using Win10?

That might be the no. 1 most common mistake someone could make these days.

It's notoriously bad.

Random FPS lagspikes with several games all the time.

The same Nvidia drivers ran with the older versions no problem.

It's also so damn slow.

This might not be the exact problem in your case, but i'm almost entirely sure it's related to this garbo operational system that's useless for anything but the simplest things.

32 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Are you using Win10?

It's notoriously bad.

It's also so damn slow.

This might not be the exact problem in your case, but i'm almost entirely sure it's related to this garbo operational system that's useless for anything but the simplest things.

There's nothing wrong with Win10. The vast majority of gamers use it without issue. Not trolling, if you're having issues, there may be a hardware or configuration issue specific to your computer. It's not the operating system.

Per Steam hardware survey last month:

MOST POPULAR  PERCENTAGE  CHANGE
Windows Version   
Windows 10 64 bit    94.73%       +2.22%
Windows 7 64 bit        3.64%       -1.84%
Windows 8.1 64 bit     1.20%       -0.26%
Windows 7                  0.18%       -0.05%
Windows 10                0.10%       -0.03%
Windows 8 64 bit        0.09%       -0.02%
Other                           0.06%       -0.02%

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam?platform=pc

20 hours ago, vanaukas said:

In case someone wonders what the hell is going on here: 

Ya caught me skippy. You need to start your own detective agency.

I have UNiGiNE: Heaven and it's not my Video card or drivers.
I have run the tests they asked me to run (Prime 95, FurMark and HWMonitor) and everything is fine.
I took the PC in to the PC  shop I had make this rig after the first time it happened (in December) and they found nothing wrong. And it's happened 2 more times since. If you have no clue what you're talking about, find another place to troll for post count.

On 2021-01-21 at 2:59 PM, nslay said:

I think it has to do with Warframe telling you to do extensive diagnosis to check your harddrive, RAM, video card when Warframe might have a video memory leak (patched) that causes a crash it thinks is the PC hardware. NVIDIA driver could also crash... or worse... the NVIDIA drive may just not respond to Windows' driver stack causing Windows to think the driver is borked resulting in Windows yanking and reloading the driver even though it was working correctly! Then the game tells you your PC is broken and to spend several hours reseating RAM, GPU, running SMART and other disk checking... And the page reads like it's cheery and patronizing. It's like if Microsoft replaced BSOD with a background of a checkerboard of smiley faces and told you (in a very cheerful and patronizing way) to waste your time doing a bunch of tests and risk touching your hardware and breaking it.

It never once tells you to check Event Viewer for a common problem with the Windows graphics driver stack (or, for that matter, diagnosing any problem in hardware or Windows). It tells you to waste your time doing a bunch of other stuff instead of that.

Either that or my ISP is crap. We only have one choice for cable in this town and I suspect this neighborhood hasnt had a hardware update(new cables) in 20 years.

3 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Ya caught me skippy. You need to start your own detective agency.

I have UNiGiNE: Heaven and it's not my Video card or drivers.
I have run the tests they asked me to run (Prime 95, FurMark and HWMonitor) and everything is fine.
I took the PC in to the PC  shop I had make this rig after the first time it happened (in December) and they found nothing wrong. And it's happened 2 more times since. If you have no clue what you're talking about, find another place to troll for post count.

What? Your thread just got merged because they relate. Read your own comments.

Just now, vanaukas said:

What? Your thread just got merged because they relate. Read your own comments.

I did. I wrote it. My rig is sensative enough that I notice the performance difference.
i7-7700, MSI gaming pro board, TWO 1080GPUs, 32 GB Ram, 2 1 TB SSDs (which have my games and OS on them) Liquid cooled, 7 case fans(including the one on the power) Gb Ethernet card and other toys.

I run every game on extreme graphics and can do that with the 144hz monitor. I NOTICE performance issues. And Im not the only person I've talked to that has had issues with performance thru Steam. My XP machine, My Win7 Machine and this rig have all had the same issues. It is NOT my rig.

You may be able to lay it on my ISP not updating their cables but that wouldnt explain the laptop having issues since it was on a cell card. So Im guessing that something either in my security, Windows or ISP when running thru steam is causing the issue. This is not new and it's not on one machine and it's not on one ISP... the ONLY constant is Steam.

Sit down and let the people who know deal with it. You obviously dont.

16 hours ago, kgabor said:

Are you using Win10?

It's notoriously bad.

It's also so damn slow.

If game programmers were consistent about doing linux updates, I wouldnt ever run windows. But... here we are.

Archived