Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMPLETE: Minor PC & Xbox Infrastructure Maintenance on January 28th

[DE]CoreyOnline

Hey Tenno,

It’s time for another “there shouldn’t be an issue but we still want to give a heads up” Public Service Announcement!

There will be required infrastructure maintenance occurring on Xbox and PC on Thursday, January 28th for a few moments sometime between 12:00 AM and 8:00 AM Eastern Time. We recognize that’s quite a large window of time, but historically this particular maintenance task has not impacted gameplay.

At most, there may be a few moments of downtime in Player Hubs (Relays, Dojos) when the maintenance is happening.

As always, we will inform you when this is complete by updating this thread’s title accordingly!

Thank you.

UPDATE: This action has been completed and comments will now be locked. 

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)GamingLTD8699 said:

Is this a preemptive clue to cross saving?!?!?!?!!? I have a killer pc that I am waiting to port my MR30 xbox account over to. I've been waiting 3 years for this....I beg of you, give me a hint. (Cross-save...a man can dream)Happy Paul Newman GIF

Not likely. They'll say if it was. 

47 minutes ago, MilkyMichael said:

So I'll lose a bunch of hours on my booster?!?

At most, there may be a few moments of downtime in Player Hubs (Relays, Dojos) when the maintenance is happening.

so might have chat go down for awhile an either might not be able to enter the player hubs or just be in solo versions of them.
But as misisons are player to player instances shouldn't be affected so your booster should be fine.

3 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Perhaps just to ensure we will get an awesome DevStream Relay experience like we did at TennoCon 💖 That's what the clues point out to me.

Can't help but think of Octavia Prime :)

• (In-game Live reveals are one of the best ways to show new things, I think more would be great to have throughout the year)

9 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Hey Tenno,

It’s time for another “there shouldn’t be an issue but we still want to give a heads up” Public Service Announcement!

There will be required infrastructure maintenance occurring on Xbox and PC on Thursday, January 28th for a few moments sometime between 12:00 AM and 8:00 PM Eastern Time. We recognize that’s quite a large window of time, but historically this particular maintenance task has not impacted gameplay.

As always, we will inform you when this is complete by updating this thread’s title accordingly!

Thank you.

Ok, thank you! 

16 hours ago, Chakravikari said:

Thanks for the heads up in advance.

... even though we all know someone will miss the message and storm the forums demanding to know why they couldn't use their Dojo for ten minutes.  :/

*Edit*  @NoFlamezX Yes, if you're in a mission you can usually just keep playing, since the mission maps are Peer 2 Peer and actually hosted on the computer of one of the players.  Usually there'll be a Redtext notice advising everyone to stay in their missions... okay all done, safe to leave the mission now!  The only issue is that since they specifically mention Dojos and Relays, you might get booted from those for a moment since public areas like that are (I *think*) hosted on DE's servers.  Even then I don't think everyone gets booted, and not for very long.  The whole reason that Cetus, Fortuna and Deimos have "Instance 69" is that players have been keeping those copies alive continuously since the areas launched.  O.O

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

... even though we all know someone will miss the message and storm the forums demanding to know why they couldn't use their Dojo for ten minutes.  :/

*Edit*  @NoFlamezX Yes, if you're in a mission you can usually just keep playing, since the mission maps are Peer 2 Peer and actually hosted on the computer of one of the players.  Usually there'll be a Redtext notice advising everyone to stay in their missions... okay all done, safe to leave the mission now!  The only issue is that since they specifically mention Dojos and Relays, you might get booted from those for a moment since public areas like that are (I *think*) hosted on DE's servers.  Even then I don't think everyone gets booted, and not for very long.  The whole reason that Cetus, Fortuna and Deimos have "Instance 69" is that players have been keeping those copies alive continuously since the areas launched.  O.O

ok, thanks for telling me

18 hours ago, (XBOX)GamingLTD8699 said:

Is this a preemptive clue to cross saving?!?!?!?!!? I have a killer pc that I am waiting to port my MR30 xbox account over to. I've been waiting 3 years for this....I beg of you, give me a hint. (Cross-save...a man can dream)

Probably not

My guess would be that this might be related to recent DTLS testing (which I gather was triggered by needing to move away from some proprietary code on the XBox version, and was being tested in the PC version).

Archived