Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox Series X, When?

(XBOX)CursedPhoenix

So initially DE said the Series X will get the fancy upgrade after the PS5, possibly before the end of the year and that more info will be shown soon... 

That was over 2 months ago and there has been no word at all regarding this, I feel this is becoming a repeat of the One X 'announcement' where DE said they would be enhancing WF for that console but that never materialised.

Considering the player base is super small for WF on Xbox its not crazy they don't focus on it. I constantly see the same people in my games and am lucky if I get to play with at least one other person.

Its odd though, because at the start of a generation consoles tend to be low on new games that take advantage of the hardware. They could have drawn in a large amount of new players, especially considering the running Gamepass Ultimate perk to get Gauss for free.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Koeitje3712 said:

Considering the player base is super small for WF on Xbox its not crazy they don't focus on it. I constantly see the same people in my games and am lucky if I get to play with at least one other person.

Its odd though, because at the start of a generation consoles tend to be low on new games that take advantage of the hardware. They could have drawn in a large amount of new players, especially considering the running Gamepass Ultimate perk to get Gauss for free.

Not really super small just smaller than Playstation, I never find the same people unless I'm running a specific fissure where it's highly likely I'll find the same guy

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Koeitje3712 said:

well, its not like there is no warframe if you have series x. Its just that for now you are stuck playing the "older" version, still with improved load times and framerate.
I think, after going fast on the ps5 version that needs more specific focus, they kinda saw the number of new consoles out there and decided to take their time with the series x upgrade.
Not saying that series x sold poorly, both consoles sold few units because there were few available.

I get what you are saying about the new pool of players available, but i think for that a better new players experience would do the trick much better than enhanced graphics.

let them take the time they need, I'm sure a lot can go wrong otherwise. besides, you need to be either very lucky, extremely rich or both to own a new console right now. I'm team Sony but I've been waiting since way before Christmas like a lot of people and still no sign of any PS5s coming in stock, and I hear the Xbox situation isn't really any better. I was surprised they went for a PS5 upgrade so quickly considering like 0.0001% of gamers even own a PS5 right now; not much point going to the trouble if nobody is there to enjoy it. 

for me, the faster loading alone will be worth the wait: bonus points if the PS5 doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner when trying to run earth or any other strenuous tilesets (or other games for that matter.)

9 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

let them take the time they need, I'm sure a lot can go wrong otherwise. besides, you need to be either very lucky, extremely rich or both to own a new console right now. I'm team Sony but I've been waiting since way before Christmas like a lot of people and still no sign of any PS5s coming in stock, and I hear the Xbox situation isn't really any better. I was surprised they went for a PS5 upgrade so quickly considering like 0.0001% of gamers even own a PS5 right now; not much point going to the trouble if nobody is there to enjoy it. 

for me, the faster loading alone will be worth the wait: bonus points if the PS5 doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner when trying to run earth or any other strenuous tilesets (or other games for that matter.)

I got a series x and a PS5... now just waiting on the lucky and rich part lol. 

• 4 weeks later...

Considering they have been managing recent events, new prime release, and hotfixes all from their homes due to COVID I'd give them some time, it isn't that high of a priority but t would definitely be great when it happens. I don't think they've forgotten about it, usually the order they announce projects doesn't match with the order they will go through with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah if these guys don't get on it were going to have a problem. They can refund me everything I've spent I made the jump from Playstation to Xbox just because I prefer Xbox both online and controller there and I left a endgame account on PS4 lots of money spent. I don't see why they would do that period who cares about your relationship with Sony you manage a F2P game and the upgrade should apply to ALL consoles and PC don't bite the hands that feed you. Your Rail Jack update can wait as far as I'm concerned we need the Series X upgrade then focus on content. The person last on here they've had enough time they got the Sony upgrade out super quick they should have just done both. Covid can only be a excuse for so long sorry not sorry Sony's got out immediately during covid literally the end of November the 27th I believe. I WILL request my money back and I will not spend another dime that's a promise. I don't sell in trade only buy I buy all my plat same on PS4 I sit in the 10k plus range and spend upwards 2k in a day. That's mine and my son's account I give you people to much money as it is I have no issue stopping. All's I ask for is the same thing EVERY OTHER platform has (minus Switch but I feel like they'd have it if the console could handle it) and the reason I upgraded my console. This is the last I'll speak on it, end of the year is unacceptable and biased and I won't tolerate it. 

the wise shigeru miyamoto once said "a delayed game can eventually be good, but a rushed game will forever be bad"

i think gamers should've learn from cyberpunk by now, that asking for a game to be good, need to be prioritized all the time, over asking for a game to be released.

With the AMD chip shortage putting a halt on the Xbox and PS5s I would bet that all dev work is now focused on the next update no reason to bother with the xbox at this point with such a small player base that is not going to increase anytime soon (before July at a minimum) PS5 would more than likely be sitting in the same state had it not already launched.

14 hours ago, Soy77 said:

the wise shigeru miyamoto once said "a delayed game can eventually be good, but a rushed game will forever be bad"

i think gamers should've learn from cyberpunk by now, that asking for a game to be good, need to be prioritized all the time, over asking for a game to be released.

I agree with your statement and the wise words (in a vacuum) but they aren’t relevant IMO to this thread; Series X owners aren’t asking where Warframe 2 is. We simply want to know when we will enjoy the next gen console build our PS5 counterparts have enjoyed since November last year. 

On 2021-01-30 at 4:56 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Can confirm xbox isnt much better. 

Ive seen a series S pop up twice, sell out in minutes, and im not interested anyway.

Im not willing to pay 8 or 9 hundred to a scalper.

It annoys me that the new consoles have been out for months and scalping is still a thing, but, whatever. Theres barely any games worth buying the console for anyway. Valhalla. Thats about it. Im not willing to spend 500 just for faster load times. If i cared that much id buy a solid state drive.

Maybe by the time they do the series x upgrades i'll be able to find one.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Can confirm xbox isnt much better. 

Ive seen a series S pop up twice, sell out in minutes, and im not interested anyway.

Im not willing to pay 8 or 9 hundred to a scalper.

It annoys me that the new consoles have been out for months and scalping is still a thing, but, whatever. Theres barely any games worth buying the console for anyway. Valhalla. Thats about it. Im not willing to spend 500 just for faster load times. If i cared that much id buy a solid state drive.

Maybe by the time they do the series x upgrades i'll be able to find one.

I was able to get a xbox series x to replace my xbox one X when they did the xbox all access gamestop event in dec 2020 to upgrade if you met the min payments for it. Otherwise I would never have been able to get a xbox series X myself cuz those scalper bots are crazy on top of every1 trying to get one.

Good luck though took me 3 weeks of trying till Microsoft/gamestop saved the day for me.

Archived