Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Corpus Missions & Points of Interest Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

Railjack become too focus on ground missions, litereally majority of mission is spend on the ground, space combat become afterthought in game mode that was supposed to be FOCUSED on space combat.

Ground part of the mission is unnecessarily long(ships are too big inside), some of side objectives spawn group of enemies to kill but the problem is that enemies can spawn almost 500m away from each other so you keep running back and forth over very long distance while barely doing anything.

Focus of railjack rework should been making space combat engaging. give a lot to do for each member of the crew, make team work together to win. Make everyone in the team important(pilot, gunners, ship engineer).

• Like 11

Hi,
firstly id like to say i personally really enjoy the railjack revamp. The stat changes on the guns and the simplified interface really let me get into it. On another note im also very hopeful and enthusiastic about the slight change in development (i.e. implementing community feedback (like the turret stats for example), patching up zephyr (i hope this becomes a trend. Like when a frame gets attention for any reason, their design gets some love aswell), addressing gun-melee topic and so on) and communication towards the community.

For this update my feedback this far is, playing railjack in solo is quite fun and actually works fine for me. Playing in public is kind of a different story. Theres quite some bugs going around. Whats most confusing to me is, if there is a working public test environment at your disposal why not use the resources you guys have to ensure a smooth launch of the update?

Anyways. Im really enjoying the board idea. Looking forward to seeing how this shapes out.

P.S.

A last a personally very VERY important topic for me. This probably doesnt belong here, if not helpfull please disregard.

WHAT EVEN IS STATUS? The railjack still says ionic and incendiary and chem resistance (if equipped aura is orgone tuning matrix for example), i thought those had been removed? Id also love some diversity in the regular statusprocs.

Thanks for listening <3

• Like 1

• I like that zones now have "hidden" point of interest that reward exploration... Although them being highlighted right from the start of every mission with the right intrinsic kinda defeats that purpose. We need more exploration in Railjack (like a proper open space where we can fly around and infiltrate various ships versus a mission-based approach imho).
  • That said, these point of interest are too simplistic (just speedrun to a console and hack it)... They should have cool puzzles like the Orokin moon vaults or something of that nature to make them more compelling to explore, and ideally not spawn in every single mission to make them feel more special. Right now I don't really bother exploring the structures. Still it's in these areas where I feel like RJ is living closer to it's potential, just finding cool derelicts floating into space and exploring them...
  • The objective where you gotta wait with occasional robots blocking transmission drags on due to the enemies blocking transmission spawning a kilometer away each time, forcing you to backtrack to the other end of the base to kill one easy dude, then go all the way back to the other side when 20 seconds later a new one spawns. They should spawn close to the room you are in... And it's annoying to have to kill like 4 per base to allow a full transmission... Plus some missions have you doing it twice in a row... UGH...
  • Volatile is not solo friendly. Frantically searching for the right pipe and shooting it while on the other side of the room a guy is shutting down the console is not fun... Either allow the player to shoot any pipe or calm down on the pressure when doing solo... Pun intended.
  • Same with orphix venom. I had no problems doing wave 36 solo during the event but here the delay between waves is too short for solo play and I end up with three orphixes at the same time really fast.
  • Defense is boring. Always been one of my least favorite mission types, and the corpus remasted map is probably the worse defense map in the game (too big, too much cover for enemies on the sides, enemies often get stuck not getting to the objective), add both these factors for something I will only clear once for starchart completion and never touch again. Put survival or another more interesting gamemode there plz... Why defense ?
  • Exterminate takes too long too. The Corpus map is huge and enemy density is too low, so it feels like you're going through the whole ship to kill like 63 enemies. Honestly would rather exterminate 63 ships using my railjack than doing a generic exterminate ground mission inception-ed into a RJ mission.

Overall, I think i'm not really digging the idea of just pasting existing missions into RJ missions and calling it a day. The fact the ship is invincible while you are inside a structure kinda breaks the feeling of even being in a RJ mission, plus what's the point of doing an endless defense inside a RJ mission , especially when you realize that if you fail you forfeit all rewards from the RJ part PLUS the defense part... Making all that time wasted for nothing....

Edited by (PSN)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 9

First of all say that I only played a couple missions at the time I'm writing this.

The regular warframe missions like exterminate and defense feel a bit weird if we have to all abandon the railjack and cannot go back to it at any time, it still feels disconnected, I understand that this way you can make the RJ invulnerable and it doesn't become an annoyance but:

- If we could dock it somewhere for it to be protected at our convenience instead of all players being forced to enter the enemy ship for it to become invulnerable would be nice.

- We could also hijack some sort of corpus protection beam to protect our railjack so we'd have to simultaneously defend a terminal to prevent the corpus from deactivating the beam at the same time we try to complete the mission.

I only visited the derrelict PoI for now and it's beautiful, but I wish there was more to do than just hack a console. Having more interesting loot in there would also be nice, for now it only feels like a couple tiles thrown together with a console at the end.

• Like 6

I'm really enjoying the new mission type (Volatile) and new mechanics on the sub-objectives (shutting down the Moa autofactory). It's a new twist with more complex gameplay than straight defense or kill 'em all. More iteration and expansion on this, please! I'd love to see the Grineer RJ missions given this treatment.

Though I would also say that it feels like some of the Lotus' mission dialogue could use an update - it would be cool to have context-aware dialogue like 'we've located a Warframe cryopod on this Corpus Obelisk, board and defend it until we can transport it out' or similar.

Edited by ProTerraMori
  • Like 2

The "Mission Complete" prompt is very inconsistent in terms of when it shows up. I got a mission complete prompt just now after leaving the Dojo (and the 3-stack group I was in) to go back to my Orbiter. This also muddles the understanding of how much of each resource I have and when it's available to me. Recommended that the Mission Complete prompt show up upon completion of each Railjack Node mission like the way it does with non-Railjack missions. 

• Like 1

I agree that there's a lot of good (or eventually good) changes.

Missions feedback:

As everyone is saying, friendship-gating the on-foot segments feels bad.

Suggestion: Overhaul friendship gates. (oh boy this is a common one)

A normal friendship gate should just be a hack in singleplayer. In multiplayer, both terminals should have to be hacked - but if a second player interacts with the other terminal, just open the door.

This slows down fast players a bit but allows railjack+warframe gameplay to function separately.

* Bonus: If the "mission overlay" mockup from the initial Railjack mockup was implemented, the RJ player(s) could open these gates.

Missions that require you to exit ("Recall is being blocked") feel really awkward when everyone is in the exit room and then we have to interact to exit. Just blow us out the airlock!

Or better yet, don't block the recall. I would really rather this.

Requiring everyone go into the onfoot mission entrance at once before it can start feels pretty bad too, but I understand the purpose until more "hybrid" modes or objectives (see below) are introduced.

If we have to do that, please implement something like an interact for the pilot that will launch everyone in the railjack via the slingshot into the mission directly. The slingshot is cool, and with the big cannon existing it's barely used for crewships!

The additional objectives with the new mission are great! They're a bit unclear and superfluous at lower levels, but thank you!

The side objectives/derelicts are also cool, and the tilesets look great. I don't think they necessarily need full "vaults", but a little more variety than hack a terminal would go a long ways.

Cleanly separating Railjack from Warframe missions brings back some Warframe, but sucks for people who like Railjack! This means there's lots of room to improve with "Phase 2 (3)".

Here's some ideas for hybrid/shared objectives that are a little simpler than the back-and-forth ones in the Grineer railjack missions:

• For Exterminate, allow ship kills to count (And more enemies, please!)
  • For the new mode, allow some action with the ship to reduce the time remaining
  • For Orphyx, spawn some sentient fighters to progress the mission (Add points, something)
  • For Defense, spawn some crew transports that fly to the big ship. Blow them up with Railjack to reduce # of enemies to kill in defense
  • Etc...

Faces in most enemy comms dialogue feel very stiff and un-imersive. Head movements or different eye focus, or any kind of animation can make the "amateur" lines sound "authentic" instead!

Edited by Temragon
  • Like 6

I'm sorry but DE, The Corpus Proxima Missions are simply not Railjack missions.

All the Corpus Proxima missions aren't Railjack missions, they're normal missions with a side of Railjack. I get that we want to include more normal gameplay in Railjack missions and that's fine. But DE, this is simply too far.

Full disclosure: I've so far only made it through the Venus Proxima, so whilst I hope the mission design is far more sensible in the Pluto Proxima, I'm assuming that everything is the same throughout (so please let me know if I'm wrong).

Take a Defence mission for example. Why does the entire crew have to go and defend the point? This is still supposed to be a Railjack mission right?

We already know what the solution to this is: Scarlet Spear. Part of the Crew can complete one side of the mission whilst the other part of the crew can complete the other side of the mission.

So let's go through some of the different mission types:

Defence

Whilst part of the team defend the point, the Railjack defends the ship itself. Because you can't defend a point if the entire ship gets blown up.

Exterminate

Just have it work like a Sentient Anomaly mission: the Railjack needs to blow up X amount of enemies whilst the team inside the ship needs to kill Y amount of enemies. Now the team can choose to just waste all the Space enemies first and then kill all the enemies inside the ship (which isn't efficient) OR the can do both simultaneously.

Orphix Venom

Maybe the Railjack can kill Sentients outside the ship which will lower the number of Sentients that spawn inside the ship.

Volatile

Increase the rate of Engineers spawning but the Railjack can destroy incoming Engineer pods. Fighters and Crew Ships may also be hitting the ship itself to try and cause the heat to accrue faster.

All while the Railjack Space is getting flooded with enemy fighters and Crew Ships

Right now, these Railjack missions in the Corpus Proxima aren't Railjack missions. This has got to be a top priority. Most of this update is between fine and great. But this is a real sour point right now.

• Like 17

Enemy crewships repair themselves too quickly. As solo, you can't get in and destroy them fast enough before they become active again and start laying into your RJ. Lotus forbid there are more than one crewship. If I take the time to drop their ship to zero, they should be out of the fight until I destroy the core. This didn't need to change.

The new Volatile mission type is a little wonky for the last objective (Destroy Reactor Weak Points) when played solo. If you have a crew member assigned to pilot the Railjack, they just aimlessly fly it around, so you can't use the forward artillery to destroy the weak points. If you take over piloting to line up your shot, the time it takes you hop back into forward artillery, aim, and start charging is enough for the crew member to jump back into the pilot's seat to take you on a scenic tour.

The solution to this is to swap that crew member to another job, but it's a little cumbersome, because you then have to switch them back afterwards.

Edit: This doesn't happen all the time, since it sometimes takes the pilot a little while to get back to the bridge, but it does happen every now and then.

In addition, the role icons on the tactical screen can blend in to the interior of the Railjack, making it hard to discern which icon is which, especially if you're trying to do it quickly. That's not as much of a problem with Gunner and Pilot, because the name of the station they're on show up under their name, but it's harder to tell for Engineers and Defenders. The icons could definitely do with something to separate them from the background.

NNJ5D3V.png

Edited by Mr.Unicorn
  • Like 2

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and another thing:

"Defensive, Offensive, Super" Tactical Avionics

WHY DE?? Who asked for this? What problem does this solve?

Please revert the categorisation of Tactical Avionics. It's fine for Battle Avionics but it's completely unacceptable for Tacticals.

Here's the thing: I don't know anyone who used Battle Stations or Death Blossom. But I can think of a few people who may want to use them now: people who want to be on the side guns! They'd be great together! But instead now they can't.

Meanwhile I dunno about y'all but I always used Battle Forge and Void Cloak together. And Flow Burn. But I must choose One of them now? Again: what problem does this solve?

What we had before in terms of the Tactical Avionics, was fine.

Edited by Kategari
  • Like 6

Corpus Proxima is great. The art style of Warframe is always gooood. I did have a immersive experecince while fighting Corpus enemies. (most of the time)

However for the gameplay part, no offense, you guys basiclly just glued two existing missions together and call it the new railjack mission. This is dispointing, how can you just copy and paste the whole orphix venom without even deleting the diolague? What does Father have to do with Corpus??? The immersion I have goes away immitedately when he start talking(even better, both of them). 

I would love to see an intergrated defense/orphix mission, designed only for railjack, with effort. This update is a good opporutnity for the dev team to review their ways of reusing/reconstructing the old stuff to fit into modern Warframe, instead of pluging it in. I would rather have a 10mins mission where I destroy one big corpus capital ship from bottom to the top and see it completely explode in front of me then doing two 5+5 seperate old missions together. And even better, you can just call this 10min mission an entire new game mode(with orphix venom element in it), not some lame orphix or defense(railjack).

There's so much more potential and possibilities in this update! :)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gemini145 said:

However for the gameplay part, no offense, you guys basiclly just glued two existing missions together and call it the new railjack mission. This is dispointing, how can you just copy and paste the whole orphix venom without even deleting the diolague? What does Father have to do with Corpus??? The immersion I have goes away immitedately when he start talking(even better, both of them). 

Father has much to do with Operation Orphix Venom, as he's the one that equipped us with Necramechs to fight the incoming Sentient threat.  The connection with the Corpus is that they're playing host to the Sentients.  I agree this could definitely do with a recap or a new voice line somewhere, but it's not jarring if you played the event.

On the other hand, the new gameplay in general certainly can feel like two missions glued together - exterminate does, but especially defense.  I love Volatile's more comprehensive interactions between on foot and in space, though it would be much better if they were simultaneous.

• Like 1

It might be a bug but it doesn't look like I can use my own Railjack if there is an open squad in the mission now.

I started doing RJ missions on public after the last hotfix just to speed through the Pluto nodes, and noticed that everyone's RJ was dying quickly because no one had the new Hull component, which quickly became annoying. I myself already have a T3 Hull, and wanted to use my own RJ since mine wouldn't have issues staying alive. So I tried launching from my dojo and from inside my RJ from the Orbitor. Both times it put me into an open squad, which was not my intention. 

If this is a bug, then cool. I hope it get's fixed. If not, I suppose my feedback is that it would be awesome, if we had a surefire way of using our own RJ, via a toggle in the corner or I suppose making it so that launching from the orbitor navigation will put you in a squad, and launching from the dojo or RJ navigation will make you use your own RJ.

If I'm missing something and there already is a surefire way to use your own RJ, someone please let me know. If not, I guess ill be playing in Solo until something is hopefully changed. p.p/

• Like 6

We need space battle only railjack missions. I get that Giant point used to be a heavy farming spot, but the problem is doing the other railjack missions solo is pretty obnoxious. Plus they take double the time to finish which is fair, but sometimes I just want some short missions to have some quick fun. 

• Like 12

There is honestly just bad flow from the game. Currently the new railjack missions is basically railjack, then transitioning into a defence/exterminate/volatile/orphix mission. This to me is just bad flow. This also forces everyone to be doing the same thing when in the first showcase of Railjack, it was players doing different things all at once for the overall mission. Also the % of the content just doesn't make sense. In the new missions, the exterminate/defense/volatile/orphix takes more time to do the than actual railjack portion of the mission. What's the point in playing Railjack when I am stuck in a defense mission for the majority of it? In the current missions we even kill less enemy fighters and crewships than in the Grineer skirmish missions. At least add Skirmishes as nodes and not just these forced basic missions. Also the Defense mission does not make sense what so ever and also ruins the flow of the  missions waiting for waves of enemies. I have literally lost interest in this update after playing a few hours.

Edited by Xazur
  • Like 6

Community: we are bored of doing the same stuff all over again, all the time

Warframe: Has space ships

Devs: Put the same old stuff that weve been doing for years, into the space stuff

WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS TO US, you have a whole system for space combat, yet you turn even that into a fn defense mission!! Missions are too long, have nothing to do with the railjack (it has now become a glorified taxi) and offers almost no rewards. 

Arcanes are a joke, an absolute joke, it really feels like you guys are spitting on us at this point.. You promised an alternative for arcane farming (a friend of mine cant play outside due to FPS, he was thrilled to be able to get arcanes) and you put them behind 1 hour of gameplay? Im not recommending this game anymore to anyone, at this point it really feels like you guys dont even care what the community asks for. 

I understand taking off the subsytem and turning it into mods.. No one who actually played RJ wanted that but I guess its ok, I dont like it but for new players its ok. But the rest of the update? A slap to the face to players. We asked for engaging content yet we got more defenses, we now need to get into them by flying a ship, thats it.. Youve had MANY players giving useful criticism, ideas on how to make RJ more engaging, mission types... Hell, you could have put the defense in space "protect this thing with your flying thing" and it would have been better than this.. I dont mean this as an attack to the devs, but it really feels like something is going on, I dont know if its burnout or what.. But you had one more chance to make railjack good and somehow you made it worse. Absolutely disappointed and sad 

• Like 11

LOVING the new points of interest - I cannot say enough about how well-designed they are, especially from a visual perspective. The ice mines especially, wow, I could imagine whole missions just in there. Rescue mission objective to save Solaris workers? 

I like the PoI objectives that affect the Railjack gameplay. The shield booster station is a great example of this. The Grineer RJ missions have the missile platform, but disabling it never seemed to stop the missiles.....

Would love to see more dynamically-generated Railjack missions. Love the Main-objective + mini-objectives, but it would be cool if the main objective had more variety. Rather than just an exterminate in a Corpus ship, a Capture objective, or Spy, or Rescue. Or maybe a main objective inside one of the points of interest? 

On the topic of the exterminate mission objective.....hmm. Its fine. Its cool. I wish the whole team didn't have to go in for it though. Its not like killing 60 Corpus is hard, one Tenno could do it easy, and the others could mess around outside, do a loot dungeon or a "kill X number of fighters" objective. Warframe players LOVE to multitask. Making the Railjack immune when everyone goes into the capital ship is wonderful, but forcing everyone to go in for what amounts to something any of us could do solo easily is...annoying. I know it can be done, the Sentient ship exterminate, the Grineer ship assassinate, they dont require everyone to go in. 

Overall, well done on everything. Great additions, great changes. The scale may have been tilted too far away from Railjack and too far towards classic Warframe in terms of mission design, but thats largely only for the inside-capital-ship objectives. 

Oh and launching a Railjack mission from the bridge of your Railjack no longer starts a mission with YOUR Railjack and you as host, it now searches for an open squad first. Really hope this is a bug, people need a way to launch Railjack missions with their own ship, as host. Thats the whole point of having a ship of your own. 

• Like 4

My experience can be summed with these few words:

I am gravely disappointed.

And I didn't even had much hype for this.

My main excitement was the ability to configure railjack from the orbiter and to summon kuva lich on the missions outside RJ, but the former is a castrated version of configuring railjack, and the latter doesn't even work.

New missions are terribly horrible. The need to board the ships in full squad completely breaks the flow of the mission, and essentially makes ralijack and the crews irrelevant.

We had completed the defense mission, but once evacuated Cy wass like "ahahahaha losers the mission failed!" And when we tried to go to another node we got stuck in eternal loading screen. After running through entirety of venus proxima. Thanx, Cy.

• Like 7

Please stop with the endless resource popups. I thought this would be addressed in this update but it's still being ignored. We do not need a giant flashing noisy popup covering half the side of the screen every single time we pick up cubic diodes, or titanium, or carbides, or any number of resources that we get thousands of per mission. It should only ever be used for rare items, mission rewards or parts, not for literally every single thing we pick up in the entire game mode.

These popups are ENDLESS. I feel like I'm going insane. When can we expect them to be disabled?

• Like 7

So you decided that the solution to people not playing Railjack as much as you wanted was... to remove Railjack from the Railjack missions. Genius plans.

Why does the entire squad have to show up to the airlock to do an Exterminate mission? Why is the Railjack invulnerable? Why doesn't the recall warp work when leaving? There were many things that Railjack 1.0 got right, and they've been thrown away in the name of... what, exactly? Do you believe that if enough things change, we'll all be too confused to question you about it? Where's the cooperation in these cooperative missions? If I want to do things on the ship, too bad! I get forced onto the objective. If I want to clear the objective, I have to wait for everyone else to arrive. This entire update has taken half a step forward and a marathon back.

• Like 12