Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Corpus Missions & Points of Interest Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

Ran all new Corpus Proxima nodes today, doing all secondary objectives. Here are some feedback from today.

• Secondary objectives are fun, but they are confusing. They should be listed in the objectives UI (like caches for Sabotage missions), so you know if you are missing anything. And you actually know what you get. Also, secondary objectives that make the mission easier should be more clear on what exactly it does, and that it gives loot (could all be in the mission UI on the left, I guess).
  • Loot from secondary objectives shows up as Mission Rewards instead of as IDENTIFIED, like Spy mission rewards. It's also confusing.
  • Drop rates for Nautilus, Carmine Penta and Athodai are too low. I played the whole day since the update hit, until some minutes ago. I dropped only one Athodai Blueprint so far, and no Nautilus or Carmine Penta. At this rate, it's just better to buy Nautilus for Platinum, even for 99% free to play guys like me.
  • Corpus Proxima missions often take 10-15 minutes, because they are literally two missions in a row. Plus they can be endless.

Thanks a lot for the update. I really enjoyed it overall!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CandyManCriminal said:

Can lich crewmates get some love?
can't change weapons
can only defend
can't be on call
no customization

Bopp Bipp deserves better

Can't echo this sentiment with more gusto. I was excited at the prospect of using a lich as a helper but they are absolutely, without a doubt, less useful than regular crew members. Defender roles should at least assist with repairing and engineers should assist with reloading at the forge as well as repairing.

As it stands I don't see why I'd ever use a lich crew member when having a pilot + 2 gunners is far more effective (and enjoyable. The liches just derp around not really helping. My modded weapons are stronger than the things they use so having them around is a liability. A huge pool of health with no real redeemable roles on the ship is a big let down.

• Like 6

I'll echo the sentiment that these new missions, as far as I played, are not Railjack missions.  The railjack segments are pretty, but they've also devolved into a glorified battle taxi segment to doing a typical exterminate, defense, or whatever.  Volatile is kinda neat and at least feels a bit more railjacky, but still less so than popping Grineer radiators.  Only seen the derelict point of interest so far.  It's kinda neat, but a wee bit too one note and could really use some variety.  Also, the one intrinsic just auto-marking them feels... off.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Splotim said:

So, the new mission types are fun, but there is still very clear line between the railjack and warframe portions. Especially when the railjack becomes invulnerable, there is very little difference from regular missions. The fact that you are forced into the airlock doesn’t seem right to me, because after that point, it’s not really a railjack mission anymore.

I think that these missions would be more interesting if going through the airlock was a choice. People who go into the ship would complete the mission as normal, and the people that remain in the railjack complete some other objective that will influence what happens in the warframe portion. Maybe there is a crew ship full of eximus units and the railjack needs to stop it before it reaches the obelisk or there will be a eximus wave? That way, the gameplay would still be distinct, but players would still be able to choose how much they want to incorporate railjack. 

Great Idea, I would also support endless space missions like a corpus grinner war where we pick a side and fight for 5 minutes, then get a reward and can repick a side, rewards for each side have different tables akin to invasions.

• Like 1

I'm fine with some of the normal missions tacked on to Railjack, but I don't like the fact that the whole squad is forced to go to the mission. The whole point of Railjack is to be able to divide your squad to complete your objectives more efficiently. With Grineer Railjack you can have a Tenno kill the captain in a galleon, another one go do a bonus objective, and the remaining two staying with the ship to keep it alive. 

This is what I think is the biggest strength in Railjack, making coordination something actually beneficial. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

I somewhat lost interest after the first defense node (also because a bug prevents me from progressing).

I started with infiltrating a corpus carrier ship and doing the objective with destroying the hacking drones, and that was pretty fun. Then I boarded a ship with the defense objective, which was instantly disappointing when I learned that it's literally the same defense mission that we've always done, and it was a slog to go through. Bugs aside, this pretty much killed the pacing of the mission. When I selected a railjack defense mission, I was expecting to defend an objective in space from corpus ships, not the standard cryo pod defense.

At the very least, the defense mission should be shorter. Either lower the number of enemies or reduce the amount of waves to 3 instead of 5. I also don't see the point in giving the player the option of going for more than one round of defense. If a player wanted to do an extended defense run, they wouldn't be playing railjack.

Lastly, the defense mission doesn't really make narrative sense. You're infiltrating a Corpus ship, defending a warframe cryopod for a few minutes, then you're leaving the cryopod on the Corpus ship. It would be nice if you get a transmission from Cy saying something like "Defend this cryo pod while I prepare to extract the objective" or something like that, and have teleport-y particle effects build around the cryo pod throughout the mission, and have the cryo pod disappear after the objective is complete.

You are 99% correct, but to allow for endless rounds is a good thing because i went 20 and got maxed out plexa for using forma. Other than that detail I fully agree with you.

• Like 2

Forcing us to do both the Railjack part, and onfoot part for mission completion is not a good implementation of normal WF to RJ. A railjack mission should always be completable from the RJ with some minor detours. Currently, forcing us to unlock a ship and do a generic 5 wave defence or 90 enemy exterminate is such a pointless design.

We can already breach ships without a RJ taking out the outside nodes. All of the missions should have 2 paths available, fully RJ, or RJ and a mix of onfoot. Full RJ would be slower than doing a mix. 

As a very brief example, you do the RJ part, then the defence is only 3 waves. Or for the full RJ path, you have to deal with multiple crewships while defending a breaching device on the outside that is going to steal the cryopod, and if you fail you can do the normal defence part. 

W/e is done, it needs to be genuine complementary implementation. If we wanted to defend a cryopod for 5 waves, we would just skip the RJ part entirely and do a normal defence node.

Edited by More-L
  • Like 6

I am someone who loved playing Railjack. I had a fully leveled ship, maxed grid, avionics, the works. People would join my game, and even when I took us back to the dojo, they would ask me to reinvite them because they loved riding with me so much. My favorite, and pretty much only node I would play on, was Gian Point. Not because of how great it was for leveling, although I wont deny I used it for that, but because it was the only mission in which I wasn't forced to disembark from my ship and do some stupid frame stuff. In short, this update has ruined everything I liked about Railjack.

The removal of Gian Point, means no matter what mission I do, I am forced to get off my ship and use my warframe. I would specifically choose to play Railjack, for the very purpose of being bored of using my warframe, and because I only wanted to play Railjack missions. I did not choose to play Railjack, to be forced to not play Railjack. Furthermore, the removal of tether being a viable tool wouldve been so much more bearable had they kept Gian Point.

Between the Plexus, the new plating parts, and the switch from avionics to mods, my ship that was once a pillar of strength and allowed me to solo missions without much fuss; now is nothing but a fragile paperweight that I am forced to pour countless new resources into in order to get a ship that still isnt anywhere near as good as it once was. Not to mention, each ship isnt even very unique anymore. I can join someone else's ship, and the only real difference I will notice is the paint job. Another issue with this, is that no matter how much i have leveled up my ship, It's true power is now determined by whoever else rides with me, and what aura mods they have chosen to equip. Which also calls to mind a whole new problem, there is nothing I can do to ensure that I will be the host if I try to start a public Railjack run. I dont play Railjack just to not even be able to use my own ship.

The addition of the crewmates seemed really neat to me, but I was able to run solo runs far better before they were added. Not to mention, I dont even get any affinity for their kills, which means I'd probably be better off trying to solo without them, because at least I would get all the available affinity, not just whatever kills im able to manage to steal from them. Also, having them copy your plexus is great and all, but it would be far more useful if they each has their own unique plexus, leveled to the same extent yours is, which you could put different mods on. 

This update has proven to be nothing but a disaster, and so far, I have yet to see a single post claiming otherwise.

Edited by NobleSyxT9
  • Like 9

Played all nodes and here is my feedback:

- Completely separating the railjack portion from the frame portion of the missions was a very bad decision. Specially in missions like defense, which take forever to do and have a map far to big. Allowing the option to "lock" the railjack in case all crew-members enter would be fine, but forcing the whole crew to enter the airlock is dumb and actually makes players try to skip the railjack part. In grinner missions before update there was no problem in separating the crew to fulfill multiple objectives, corpus missions should be the same.
- Allowing for necramech usage was great, having all modes of play (Archwing, frame, operator and railjack) in a single mission is very fun.
- No space endless missions? Maybe they are on the roadmap, but to go on a mission for railjack with the defense objective and then realize is a regular defense mission with a small railjack portion was so disappointing. Why not have endless space battles? Corpus vs grineeer where we pick a side and destroy as many ships from the other side in 5 minutes, get a rewards then chose to stay or extract and repeat. Rewards being different according to side picked akin to invasions?

• Like 7

Something else I noted is I cannot chose to host the railjack mission. Even if I leave from the drydock I get dropped at someones else ship. It was so simple, pick the mission from navigation to crew, or depart from dock to host, why I cannot host now?

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Kategari said:

All while the Railjack Space is getting flooded with enemy fighters and Crew Ships

Right now, these Railjack missions in the Corpus Proxima aren't Railjack missions. This has got to be a top priority. Most of this update is between fine and great. But this is a real sour point right now.

I'm not getting clear signal from this: do you want constant enemy spawns or not?

Dropping some random thoughts after clearing about half of the nodes

• Spend more time on foot than in Railjack. Feels like the Railjack is barely needed.
  • Some interior areas are overdesigned and too large, running back and forth several 100m while dodging hydrolyst lightning isn't fun.
  • Endless defense inside Railjack mission, seriously?
  • Volatile main objective was surprisingly good, had to actually think when to destroy vents instead of blindly pointing and clicking.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Waizard13 said:

Played all nodes and here is my feedback:

- Completely separating the railjack portion from the frame portion of the missions was a very bad decision. Specially in missions like defense, which take forever to do and have a map far to big. Allowing the option to "lock" the railjack in case all crew-members enter would be fine, but forcing the whole crew to enter the airlock is dumb and actually makes players try to skip the railjack part. In grinner missions before update there was no problem in separating the crew to fulfill multiple objectives, corpus missions should be the same.

The  thing is that I understand why they did it, people hate defense mission if I had an option to not doing I would stay on railjack, imagine whole team deciding to stay on railjack because everyone hate it which would make finishing impossible, that would most likely lead to host threatening to leave if someone doesnt go, host would always be the one who gets to have fun doing space combat in space combat game mode.

As I mentioned before ground part of mission is too long, there is more walking(well parkour) then actually action.

Railjack game mode should be always first and foremostly focused on engaging space combat.

I am not against whole team going into ground part of mission but it has to be done better, like more to do in space than its currently, then ground section of mission that is shorter then currently and then another section of mission in space.

There shouldnt be any defense  type missons  ground missions in railjack(anythiing that is about players spending most of time waiting is bad), that destroys flow of mission, volatile on other hand is pretty good, its pretty engaging for players.

• Like 1

After i played now a few Missions and sleep a night over it, i dont like what u did.

Why? Simple: You Force ppl to do a small Railjack Part and than do a Normal Mission.

What is the sense for this? All 4 Ppl goes into the SHip and do the Mission (Exterminate/Defense etc.) and no one attacks our Ship in this time?

Makes no sense for me. Even i you do Sentioen Ship u need to look to your SHip that everything goes Well.

Defense in Railjack? I though we can fly our Ship and Defense a Target but not to do this stupid new Defense Map where u need years to clear the map.

Exterminate? Why need all ppl to goe in? We saw in the past that is is enough if 1-2 ppl Board the Ships and the other Clear the Space. If i want to do Railjack, i want do do Railjack and not a small *Railjack Intro* and than a normal Mission. Not rly funny for me.

I hope this will Change, i like the new Maps and Corpus Styles, but the *Mix* from Railjack and Normal is to much fokused on Normal Missions

• Like 6

Hats off to you DE, while you sometimes make mistakes, there is one thing you always nail: Beautiful tilesets. The new loot dungeons, especially the ice-mines are all beautiful. But it brings a problem: After I am done with Neptune, there is literally no reason for me to farm them anymore... Even if I went to RJ to rank up some stuff or do some other things, I won't ever meet the Ice mines ever again, because I'll most possibly chose Pluto or Veil proxima over anything else, because the levels are there beefier and more satisfying to kill (They don't die immediatelly, their shield-gating actually does stuff up there). So, would it be possible to move the new dungeons at least to the Veil? Ice mines might not make sense near Pluto, but in the Veil proxima, ice asteroids might be a thing. Maybe not ice asteroids with frozen ancient wreckages, but this is WF, we obviously don't care about too much of realism. But this would be a chance for the beauties you made to be shown off in that nice high-level gallery that is the Veil Proxima. And the ancient shield obelisks for sure are near the Veil, after all, old infested ridden are there.

• Like 1

What the ____!  So for the on foot portion of the mission, the RJ in vulnerable, surrounded by enemies, and you want me to do what now?  Get off the ship?  That doesn't make sense... oh the RJ/AW map is on pause.  Really?
Did you guys even consider forcing us to at least clear the field of enemies so getting out of the ship would seem like a more logical thing?  This whole "forced TP" out of the ship and then having to run to extraction, or should I say the loading door, is pretty janky and immersion breaking.  The corpus captains constantly taunting about torpedoes and weapons that they have no chance of hitting with unless I get off the helm... and you want me to get off the helm.
(They talk too much.  No seriously, lore wise they have been dealing with the tenno menace for years, surly the arrogance would have worn off some by now.  Or is that just Parvos?)

Technically, I have a clue as to why this was done.  That does not mean it should have been done. 

I also don't think I should have to shuffle or press X if I'm right up against the wall waiting to gather my party before venturing forth into space (where I will promptly press recall, followed by local teleport to the bridge without touching the controls because that's what we did in ScarletSpear.)  Should I park the RJ directly in-front of their gun ports to make my point?  Or maybe hit the Form Up button?  It would make more sense if I docked the RJ to their ship because then it would be plausible that its out of play and I don't have to worry about flying it.  I want to just end it here with a disgusted "Try again" but I'll play with it.  Maybe speed run it a bit since I don't actually need to kill anything, just TP into the ship on time before the RJ dies and everything will be groovy.  A+ immersion.

There also seems to be a hitbox around the RJ where the Mausolon detonates in your face, staggering the archwing.  Possibly review that too.

In volatile, we need to be able to find the shoot-able pipes before we need them without relying on the UI.  Finding them in general was not hard but not being able to shoot them was a surprise.  Their availability seemed low on my first attempt, but I could be wrong.

In the end, a noice update that I need to play with more and have fun with, but g*& d@*& it, are there flow and technical issues.

Edited by Sahysa
  • Like 1

Overall this seems like an improvement, with better future potential than the "old" Railjack. And having your own crew is both fun and beneficial, since they really seem to manage their respective roles (so far my crew is both better gunners and repairers than "random Tenno" 🙂).

Just a small detail, but it was unfortunate that the "bonus loot" arrived some hours after the actual update. Since I didn't have a clue that I would get fully-maxed mods, the first thing I did when I got the update was to manually upgrade all "core" RJ mods, using lots and lots of endo and millions of credits in the process. Then I got the reward, which partly turned this into a wasteful, unnecessary exercise, and I now have several fully ranked dual (identical) mods to no benefit. It would be really, really nice if this could be reversed somehow.

[Rant on. salt on]

Me and my guys are "experienced" Warframe players, so all the bugs is considered part of the package. About half of my friends started playing today, just to get the initial hotfixes in first. However, in all the new content there is only one thing that feels really and totally wrong, and everyone one of us is on the same wavelength concerning this: WHY is there  "forced participation" of the whole squad when entering enemy capital ships?

This completely breaks the flow of the Railjack mission. It totally destroys the immersion. It is like leaving a Railjack mission, doing a separate normal mission, then doing a Railjack mission again. Only this "semi-progression" is forced. And while everyone is obligated to be inside the capital ship, the Railjack magically becomes invulnerable, regardless of... well, everything. This is ridiculous, it is illogical, it... well, it turns some of the missions into "I/we won't be doing this again"-missions. And not only that, you are left with the shadow of what a truly integrated Railjack-normal mission could have been: part of you squad fighting inside the capital ship to complete the mission goal while the rest try to keep your Railjack alive, so you can get out of there. All those moments are now lost, like tears in rain.

As if that wasn't bad enough, as soon as your squad are allowed out of the capital ship, you can actually do the extra loot sub-mission just as before. Part of your squad goes inside, the rest fight to keep the Railjack alive. Or gather some loot and some mods. Real immersion, suddenly "on" again. So why the heck turn it "off" at all???!!!

Sure, the reason for this "forced lock" might be "technical", but it is beyond bad for the new Railjack system. I am surprised that there hasn't been more feedback on this, since in my clan we are all pretty experienced "Railjackers" (all had maxed Railjacks from before) and this single thing, this forcing us out of the Railjack mission and into a totally separate locked "normal" mission is already turning us off the new Railjack. By the time we've gotten the new loot not a single one of us will do these "forced entry"-missions, with a single potential exception of the Orphix runs (since we have a tradition of helping friends getting into Warframe to get their arcane sets in order).

I hope the current "forced entry" is just a temporary solution to some technical problem. Otherwise the so-called "connection" between Railjack missions and normal missions is just "fluff", it's just the same as doing two separate missions one after the other, only force-locked. That is really lame, even if the loot, rewards and enemies are different. Then again, maybe all this works for players now getting into Railjack, parking your Railjack outside where it is kept magically safe while you are doing your normal mission for loot you need is beneficial. But for us it is a total turn-off, the anti-thesis of what we were expecting from a flowing, integrated new Railjack. It's a bit like Scarlet Spear, which would have been glorious if there would have been a real connection between "ground" and "space" (and if the members of the same squad could actually have been allowed to play in the same "instance"). But there wasn't, turning the whole thing into an unconnected slog for rewards. In Corpus Railjack, this "forced participation" into normal inside missions works the same way, it turns a potentially glorious space mission experience into something completely different, breaking flow, breaking immersion and, maybe most unfortunate of all, breaking our interest into playing that part of the game.

[Salt off, rant off].

Edited by Graavarg
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Arcanes are rotation C of orphix..  12 rounds = 1 rotation.... so you have to go all 36 rounds for arcanes...

Unless they changed it (where can I read about that change?), a rotation is 3 orphix. It goes AABC, so arcanes are every 12 orphix.

Update is mostly cool. I'm disappointed but not surprised to see old railjack showstopper bugs still present and new bugs creeping in.

Defense missions stick out like a sore thumb, could use better integration. Maybe have us bring the cryopod on board and then spawn just a butt load of boarders and ships (with some enemies straight up teleporting on board) to really bring every aspect of railjack together. Shoot ships, fend boarders, forge resources, coordinate your crew. Could have been the coolest thing in the whole update with some effort.

• Like 1

Introduction
I've always played railjack solo in the past, building up a powerful ship to clear all missions comfortably. One of the big things I liked about railjack was that it stood out from the standard gameplay, with a major focus on the space combat. The grineer missions where you have to infiltrate a small base to sabotage it still have the emphasis on the space combat. 

The update
I applaud the idea to have interesting objectives within the railjack missions that mix the standard warframe and railjack gameplay, so the 'loot dungeons' are great additions in my opinion.  However, with the current corpus railjack it is just a normal mission within a railjack prologue. The railjack part simply feels as a means to get into the normal mission, instead of being the major part of the mission. If I wanted to play a normal mission, I would just launch it from the standard star chart to get straight into the action. If I wanted to do some space combat, I launch a railjack mission. I must say that I’ve only touched the Venus corpus regions, so I don’t know if the balance between the railjack and normal mission part changes for the higher level corpus areas. By adding the railjack and normal mission together, it ties railjack better to the normal gameplay of the game, but it limits the gameplay choices you have in my opinion.

Suggestions
My suggestion to alleviate this is to shift the focus to the railjack part of the mission and have the railjack interact with the standard mission. This way a railjack defence or exterminate mission is different from their normal star chart counterparts. For this to work, the mechanic that all squad members must be present to progress into the normal part of the mission must be removed. Maybe the railjack could provide local fire support to a squad of warframes on an exterminate mission by bombarding certain parts of the ship to neutralise the enemies in that part of the ship. That way, the railjack can help speed up the normal mission. For defence missions, maybe the corpus attacking the target partly arrive by using dropships to board their capital ship which can be shot down by the railjack to decrease the number of enemies that have to be killed on foot.

A nice touch for solo players that want to focus on the railjack part of the mission would be to allow crew members from the command intrinsic to go into the capital ship and clear the normal mission for you, whilst you support them from the railjack. I do see some major flaws with that idea though, as these npc crewmembers are way less efficient in completing these tasks than a player controlled warframe. If the crewmembers would be too good at it, it could encourage afk’ing which is of course not intended.

Another option is to have the standard warframe mission within it be a side objective that can be completed alongside the railjack objectives, like the grineer structures that you have to sabotage in the grineer railjack missions.

Finally, a bit of feedback regarding the new railjack mods. The cost for upgrading them is a lot higher than the avionics from before. Also, the plexus system allows for a lot less capacity than the avionics grid, even with the capacity cost of tactical and battle mods/avionics removed. It would be great to reduce the mod upgrade cost and to allow for different ways to increase mod capacity than by forma’ing the plexus, perhaps by tying it to specific intrinsics, a specific intrinsic total level, or by introducing aura mods that give a greater bonus to mod capacity.

Overall, this update has great potential but is currently not my preferred cup of tea. 

• Like 1

Gian Point was right.

I completed all the railjack nodes. However, more than half of that time was spent controlling Warframe. Railjack is supposed to be a new experience, so why are we playing regular, overused missions?

Players, unlike the developers, will play dozens or hundreds of times over for the grind. It's boring to be stuck with worn-out missions to experience railjacking. I was disappointed when the new corpus ship defense started with the exact same tiles.

Railjack content should basically be completed with onboard activities. Even if it is a temporary off-ship activity, just the arc wing is fine. If Warframe manipulation is required, it should be limited to special effects like Kuva Lich or Orphix.

My ideal Railjack content would be Ship vs Ship. I don't want content that makes people use ships and Warframe in a half-assed way like they do now. Please make a new experience that focuses on Railjack.

17 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

the best arcanes are 1.4% ??   Those stats are insane....  1 hour grind for random arcanes,  abyssmal drops of the rarest ones... 

my thougths on this, its orphix 1.0 except takes longer because railjack intro mission tacked to the start, this I think leads to you not knowing if the group is good enough for orphix having to play the intro to see how you do on this portion!!

I guess this confirmed the worst, Id done maybe 8 or 9 rewards over a few attemps (1 every 3 orphix) so far and got no arcanes #feelsbad

I "think" its tuned to be harder? because on the handful of times I did this the orphix seemed to spawn a LOT faster and overwhelmed us each time.

I don't understand why we don't want people to get these arcanes? specially after having 2 events give them away!

tldr feels like a worse version of previous Orphix Venom event!

given this mission is longer and feels harder it might feel better if each orphix could only summon 1 set of defensive kill modules, that would HALF the time per orphix maybe make the mission feel better?

other stuffs

*archwing bug? one time I joined the mission and the entire group were just floating on archwings in space ... "I thought we came here on a ship?"

*Mech "unable to activate vehicle" bug seems to be back.

*Railjack loading screen.... loading for unconformable amount of time, sometimes over a minute ! everyone is present and can run around the railjack but we are stick in "transit" mode

*Using the archwing on railjack missions seems to lead to a LOT of unavoidable deaths,

I am not a warframe out there! I can't switch to operator, I can't use healing abilities, 360 attack vector can be disorientating and you can be getting shot at from a blind spot and after I noticed my shields went down, I still died when activating iztal stealth ability!!

Solution ? I feel like if you DIE in archwing on railjack you should respawn IN railjack so someone can actually revive you (this would give people who have djinn or the reviving Kavat builds a use on this mission)

Edited by _Anise_

17 hours ago, TheSarkY said:

I was hoping we gonna get like in space defense, exterminate, interception and all that  but all we got is railjack killing in space then normal mission which is basicly way longer than normal one

This. I thought we'd be getting something more like the Archwing missions.

Honestly to me, what we have now with Railjack actually feels like an alpha version of what we had before. It's a downgrade.

• Like 2