Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A different problem not related to RJ. Kavat AI is abysmal since the patch.

_cunningStunts

EDIT - I have posted again in the PC bug forum HERE, but I'm leaving this up for the masses.

To those that have noticed their Kavats dying a lot more than normal since the patch, I believe I have found the reason (with help from clan mates).  

Their AI has noticeably dropped to near zero.  They attack non-threat enemies, they stay on enemies when you are long gone, and they in-turn die.  Die a lot. 

If you haven't noticed, or feel like something has been off with your Kavats in the past couple days, pay attention to this.  It's frustrating as hell, a fully forma buffed completely modded max lvl Smeeta with pack leader and both links dying multiple times in a sortie or lich node or axi relic mission, should not be happening.  It didn't before the patch, and it does now.

Say something if you have anything to add, something is wonky.

I'm not sure it's a problem with the AI or what, but my cat has been dying left and right in new RJ missions, no matter the frame I bring or its linked stats. It's really annoying having to rez it every minute, and I've removed all combat mods so it's only a buff-giver, map-marker, and loot-fetcher. It shouldn't be attacking anything, but it dies all the same even with pack leader. Yeah, it's annoying. I usually run my Smeeta because most companions are meh at best so I might as well run the one that potentially gives me boosts every now and then, but it's gotten really annoying as of late with the constant revivals.

19 minutes ago, _cunningStunts said:

I have also been having this problem. I suggest you make a post in the Railjack Feedback or Bug Hunt Megathread. This is a significant change.

17 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I haven't noticed this as i have stopped using anything that does not have effective immortality.

I've been using my panzer vulpix. Immortal, yes. Staying really really far away from me, not following me, and dying, also yes.

I hope DE will fix this. But they don't usually look in Community> General Discussion.

Just now, LillyRaccune said:

I have also been having this problem. I suggest you make a post in the Railjack Feedback or Bug Hunt Megathread. This is a significant change.

I didn't because I don't feel like it's a specifically railjack issue or technically a bug?  Maybe i'll do the bug hunt idea...will post a link here to the new post.

vor 32 Minuten schrieb _cunningStunts:

To those that have noticed their Kavats dying a lot more than normal since the patch, I believe I have found the reason (with help from clan mates).  

Their AI has noticeably dropped to near zero.  They attack non-threat enemies, they stay on enemies when you are long gone, and they in-turn die.  Die a lot. 

If you haven't noticed, or feel like something has been off with your Kavats in the past couple days, pay attention to this.  It's frustrating as hell, a fully forma buffed completely modded max lvl Smeeta with pack leader and both links dying multiple times in a sortie or lich node or axi relic mission, should not be happening.  It didn't before the patch, and it does now.

right... i switched to panzer because smeeta die all the time even in lvl 30 mission. such piece of s..........

there are a lot other bugs to fix. so hf

11 hours ago, _cunningStunts said:

I haven't seent he AI stop working, but I have noticed that they will be actively trying to kill things more.  Kill what I have no idea as I'm gone and they haven't been leashed back to me yet.

Also, how did you determine "non-threat" enemies?   I can only think of rumbas and wildlife that actively meet that description.  Other wise it is a threat, but perhapes one that hasn't noticed you directly yet.   My sentinals will also haul off and shoot the same.   So I see no difference in behavior there between the two only that it is different from before RJ.

We need asynchronous reviving. Re-craftable gear item, as a resource and credit sink, that deploys a mini drone on pet to revive it, without player having to hold {use} on pet, or letting it die because dead pet got stuck hundreds of meters away and it's not teleporting. Gear item only works if pet has special neckband, kubrows already have kavasa prime, maybe that can be repurposed to all pets (and added to relics) so they can be revived remotely and asynchronously with the gear item.

This way when an update breaks AI or pathing because it was barely tested, it's not such a PITA.

The hijack drone side-missions in corpus railjack is vomit for pets and a fiasco of mission design. Kill drones, progress moves, pet dies, you stop to revive, electric field hits you and progress stop. Bullet jump 100 meters, pet dies, progress stop, move 10 meters, drones spawn progress stop. Repeat.

Just now, OneYenShort said:

Also, how did you determine "non-threat" enemies?

I mean that as 'un-aware' enemies.  Anything that hasn't noticed you and isn't alerted of your presence (ie can be finisher killed).  Enemies in different rooms you've been through already.  

Your 'leashed' comment is quite superb.   It's like their leash has grown to like 200meters or something ridiculous.  

7 minutes ago, _cunningStunts said:

Your 'leashed' comment is quite superb.   It's like their leash has grown to like 200meters or something ridiculous.  

I think the leash is... less "physical" representation and more of distance timer.  X amount of time if pet stays out of range, then Yoink.

I think this is what is going on now vs then...  The pets just can't keep up with a fast moving warframe.  However, they were actively trying to catch up so they kept bouncing in/out of range always resetting the timer.    Now, they are trying to kill something and are focused on it, then suddenly... "yoink".  

So in my opinion it seems as if "kill" has been given higher priority now than "follow", so a long lead "yoink" that could have happened before is happening more often now.

Just now, OneYenShort said:

I think the leash is... less "physical" representation and more of distance timer.  X amount of time if pet stays out of range, then Yoink.

I think this is what is going on now vs then...  The pets just can't keep up with a fast moving warframe.  However, they were actively trying to catch up so they kept bouncing in/out of range always resetting the timer.    Now, they are trying to kill something and are focused on it, then suddenly... "yoink".  

So in my opinion it seems as if "kill" has been given higher priority now than "follow", so a long lead "yoink" that could have happened before is happening more often now.

I don't believe it's a 'kill' priority though.   You can be multiple tiles away from where your kavat is (as seen by name tag or on the radar/map) and they will be literally still or stuck on a box or wall.  You can see it happen within a minute of going into a mission.

Also, I don't think it's a strict distance timer for the 'leashing' effect.  

17 hours ago, SaberSentinel said:

I'm not sure it's a problem with the AI or what, but my cat has been dying left and right in new RJ missions, no matter the frame I bring or its linked stats. It's really annoying having to rez it every minute, and I've removed all combat mods so it's only a buff-giver, map-marker, and loot-fetcher. It shouldn't be attacking anything, but it dies all the same even with pack leader. Yeah, it's annoying. I usually run my Smeeta because most companions are meh at best so I might as well run the one that potentially gives me boosts every now and then, but it's gotten really annoying as of late with the constant revivals.

i suggest one of the vulpaphyla. mostly, the PANZER ( must not do obligatory joke... must not... ). it is basically immortal ( something that every bloody companion should be. babysitting is bullS#&$. ) , but it also heals you when equiped with a critical chance mod and the hunter one, that heals you for the damage the pet does. 

18 hours ago, _cunningStunts said:

EDIT - I have posted again in the PC bug forum HERE, but I'm leaving this up for the masses.

Uh, the AI has alway been terrible for all companions.

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Uh, the AI has alway been terrible for all companions.

The problem is, the whole point of this post is, that it's gotten to the point where they are dying significantly more.  They are also getting either stuck on an enemy or the landscape and not returning as quickly.  

This all begun after this recent patch.

I was just looking up this issue because yeah, same problem, kavats just being in bad places, attacking enemies without even any attack precepts loaded, and generally just flopping over dead constantly when really it's just supposed to carry charm and be invisible.

Having to revive your pet like 10 times in the space of minutes because you're flipping through a mission and it's trying to get itself killed in every room it teleports to while it fails to keep up, is, uh, an issue.

Just now, sunderthefirmament said:

I've been reviving my idiot smeeta a lot more than usual lately, but I thought that was just because pets kind of suck in RJ with all of the in and out and glitches that can result.

But maybe it's a bug...? 

It happens in starchart maps also

Just now, sunderthefirmament said:

I've been reviving my idiot smeeta a lot more than usual lately, but I thought that was just because pets kind of suck in RJ with all of the in and out and glitches that can result.

But maybe it's a bug...? 

Start paying attention to your Smeeta in regular missions.  It's everywhere, not just rail jack.  

This rail jack ruination update IS the cause, however.

Archived