Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #153!

[DE]Rebecca

Dear DE, gib flux back. 

Tying Railjack ability costs to Warframe energy pool makes no sense both in regards how the world functions because Railjacks have their own, I assume massive, reactors to power the ship and in it interrupts the flow of the game because not everyone has maxed out Zenurik, infinite amount of energy pads to spend on Railjack or resources to craft energy in the forge after starting a new mission. I believe it would have been a better approach to make separate energy pools for each turrent and make the energy regenerate if an ability wasn't used in last, for example, 10 seconds and with ability to create flux for the whole ship like before Update 29.10. 

TL;DR

Flux good, energy bad, gib flux back.

i hope the drop really work this time, i got tired of trying to get the drops watching the streams and never get the drops, the only thing i get was the shawzin and never received anything else, that's why i let to watch the streams after two weeks of not receiving anything.

hope one day this get fix.

First of all, I have to compliment the whole team for the amazing thing that is the newest RailJack. Well done DE, well done!

Now on to the questions:

1) Will we ever be able to by additional operator appearence slots (as in A  B  C  D  +) as we are currently able to do for basically everything? There is too much operator swagger to be limited to 3

2) With the addition of hull materials in RJ, are you considering the possibility of changing the material texture of some color zones? Example: on the standard RJ skin there is a metallic group that has lots of squares and rectangles in its texture, will it be possible to change it to something like galvanized metal, carbon fibre or non metal?

Now to signaling a problem I just encountered: there is currently no way to extract from a Solo Fissure Excavation Mission. No problems in the same mission but Public.

Thats All. Thanks for the Updates, Prais Red Text and take care Y'all!!!

See you on Friday 👋

Okay, here is a quick list of questions for the devstream:

• Since melee and guns are going to get some changes in the future, is Melee 3.0 phase 3 (rage mode) still on the table?
  • Are there any new male Operator haircuts in the works?
  • Can you tease the current plan for Command Intrinsic lvl 10?
  • Are there any new reward systems you would like to implement? Arcanes and Prime mods are quite unique, but since those systems haven't seen many additions, do you think about adding a completely new upgrade mechanic one day?
  • Corpus Railjack introduced Plexus, which allowed our Railjack to have multiple modding screens (Integrated, Tactical, Battle). Have you considered adding similar screens to different type of items? This could allow players to finally use utility mods on weapons without having to change the mandatory mods in their builds. It could be a win-win situation, since our main builds would stay as they are, yet we would be able to make them more unique by playing with mods we never used before, since we all know damage is the most important stat.

That's about it, hope you at least refer one of those questions, thanks.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Captain said:

I don't see how Nidus Prime wouldn't make sense. Helminth is the in-universe explanation for how our Warframes get fixed and maintained between missions, meaning that it can exude Prime tier material. Presumably the stuff in the relics is those pieces.

The Prime frame that doesn't make sense is Revenant, since "Revenant Prime" was a completely different Warframe that was changed by overexposure to Sentient energy.

Right, that's a good point. The one explanation I had in my mind was for Nidus Prime to be closer to the original Orokin infestation and the helminth, so you're pretty much spot-on. My girlfriend and I have been worrying about Revenant for far longer, that one's truly going to be a basket case when the time comes around lmao

Question: Are there any plans to give the Codex a review? Drop chance percentages from your website, consistent scan requirements, fixing enemies without an entry, fixing enemies that do not spawn but have entries, retired enemies having entries not hidden, an improved UI, and more would be much appreciated for the game to reduce the need to use external websites like the wiki to get information.

22 minutes ago, exturkconner said:

There's a certain point where that stops being an acceptable excuse right? It's been a year. At what point do they adapt? We are still waiting for a bunch of stuff that was promised at tennocon last year to drop before the years end. We are rapidly approaching a 3rd of the way through this year. 

The pandemic is still going, you know? Most countries are barely starting their vaccine rollout. So like it or not it's still a viable excuse.

Also, the devs work from home and DE in general isn't as big as other developers. 

giphy.webp

Are you planning to fix the bugs affecting the mandachord and orb vallis on switch servers before (which i would prefer you'd do) or with the railjack update? i seriously would prefer you fix them as soon as anyone makes a post about it before it gets to the point of being like it is for me cause right now i am avoiding the game due to the fact that the orb vallis bounties are completely screwed up in a way that makes either the bonus unobtainable or the mission impossible to get when i do more than one and i think i speak for all of us when i say that we don't want to keep going back to fortuna just to avoid the bugs also i do believe i also speak for every octavia player that just because there is a way we can change our song on our mandachords with the simulacrum doesn't mean we want to keep doing it that way. i have been asking almost every stream you had this week when do you plan to fix them i either get ignored or overlooked or buried by everyone else's comments on the stream and i would very much like to have an answer.

Consider fixing defense missions before launching Update 30 DE. You are making newer maps bigger and that is slowing the pace of the mission and enforcing the nuke meta even further. Change wave length from kill based to a timer to make it more consistent with the rest of the endless mission types.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Consider fixing defense missions before launching Update 30 DE. You are making newer maps bigger and that is slowing the pace of the mission and enforcing the nuke meta even further. Change wave length from kill based to a timer to make it more consistent with the rest of the endless mission types.

Mostly for me it's that the defense tile on the Corpus Ship tileset makes me genuinely angry, the osprey pathing makes it take like 2 extra minutes per wave PAIN

Just now, plasticninjaguy said:

I don't know how many people have asked this, but are there any plans at all for a resurfacing of scarlet spear? I feel like I mustn't be alone when I say I really enjoyed the core gameplay and scale of that event.

Great question, Scarlet Spear was way more rewarding than Orphix is and was much more connected to standard Warframe gameplay. Hope it returns one day, maybe as a node on Veil Proxima?

1. Are there plans to have Hydroid synergise better with Railjack 3.0, since he is a Pirate Captain and a Tariljack technically is a space ship? Perhaps if he is captaining or piloting, giant tendrils and tentacles could emerge from the side of the Railjack, and reach forth and swat Corpus and Grineer ships and fighters away and down, so we can all finally feel like Cthulhu or Shuma-Gorath? 

3. Can we get armour for our pets to make them look smaller? Or perhaps some sort of Kubrow spaying? I am the proud owner of a very large bulky Sahasa Kubrow. She's great, but random players are constantly asking me for my genetic imprints, and since I play on PS4, by the time I type out that I already gave them away, I have died in game. 

C. How about letting us know what the Prime Unvault for next year February to June (2023) will be? I'd like to start getting prepared in advance. 

2. Finally who are the Tempestarii and why are they calling? 

3b. Can the upcoming Corpus Liches, please have plenty of Drip. Briefcase weapons def have drip, but can we have extra drip too? 

Looking forward to Sevagoth, Cheers! 

Railjack Invasion mode plans?
(Invasion in space with actual Corpus vs Grineer capital ships bombarding each other)

Railjack crew member AI improvements?
(Pilot AI strafing, dodging, avoiding missiles, lining up Forward Artillery & Slingshots, defenders/engineer roles, overlap)

Railjack & normal missions integration/blending?
(Removing hard separation between e.g. Exterminate and the Railjack portion, allow warping back and forth with Tactical, make space still a presence, backdrop in missions, addressing mission failures where they make less sense if we have a way out, addressing loot loss after long multi-staged objectives)

Dynamic Lighting optimization in Enhanced renderer?
(60fps in all other content except Open world & Railjack, where it tanks from 60 to 20-30)

Somachord tone fragments for all the new music to be able to listen to in Orbiter?
(Plains of Eidolon music, Corpus ship tileset music, Deimos music, Railjack music etc)

6 minutes ago, therealpozzum said:

Right, that's a good point. The one explanation I had in my mind was for Nidus Prime to be closer to the original Orokin infestation and the helminth, so you're pretty much spot-on. My girlfriend and I have been worrying about Revenant for far longer, that one's truly going to be a basket case when the time comes around lmao

Tbh it'll probably be the same as Valkyr Prime. The old implication about Valkyr was that Alad's experiments had driven the Warframe insane. Valkyr Prime nevertheless has the same ability list.

Also question for the devs: what are your plans to deal with the "content island" problems inherent to Archwing missions and Railjack missions? I remember you folks talked about it last devstream, but the only example given was the void storms. This does sound cool, but remember that it takes less than 3 minutes to open a relic via capture and extract. The current slate of railjack missions are NOT that efficient time-wise.

At the very least would you consider adding rare resources and mods to railjack rewards?

Archived