Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verglas and Glaxion stats are 100 percent identical

Proscriptor

vor 24 Minuten schrieb bad4youLT:

I guess you haven't seen Helstrum yet

Ah yes, a weapon that by default can fire a 4 round burst every 4.4 seconds for a grand total of 64 base damage. Insane stats compared to literally every regular gun.

26 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Ah yes, a weapon that by default can fire a 4 round burst every 4.4 seconds for a grand total of 64 base damage. Insane stats compared to literally every regular gun.

Down time can be reduced with fire rate mods , and number of rockets with multishot but what makes that weapon great is high status chance and AoE blasts which you can also increase with primed firestorm , the rockets also auto seek enemy's which is neat .

Its really good weapon , I suggest trying it out .

helstrum is indeed cool for status application, but verglas is (absolutely and unquestioningly) the only sentinel weapon that reliably kills high level enemies on it's own. 

you could compare the current state of verglas to pre-nerf vulkok, but in reality it's a lot more potent (many times over) than even the ye olde vulkok 

I actually going to buy the sentinel when I can get my monny. The stats actually useful but that not means this weapon should be nerfed. Instead we need a thread which discuss about the other sentinel weapons and what could be done to make them viable. Remember there will be sometimes near the future a secondary and primary rebalance / buff with god know how strong melee ners. This is a good time to suggest DE to buff the sentinels and their weapons to be useful and not only for utility. They cannot be blind forever.

Expecting the nerf just because letting a Sentinel have such easy killing power creeps into the whole afk/low effort playstyles DE doesn't like. Makes it strange that they allowed it to release with such stats. But even then it's just another drop in the long overflowing bucket of powercreep so its not like it matters what DE does with it. No real harm in leaving it or nerfing it.

5 minutes ago, trst said:

Expecting the nerf just because letting a Sentinel have such easy killing power creeps into the whole afk/low effort playstyles DE doesn't like. Makes it strange that they allowed it to release with such stats. But even then it's just another drop in the long overflowing bucket of powercreep so its not like it matters what DE does with it. No real harm in leaving it or nerfing it.

It really doesn't have that "easy killing power".

I'm not saying it's not out of line with other sentinels weapons (e.g. fire rate is 12x Cryotra's)... but it's really not that powerful.

20 minutes ago, Proscriptor said:

and base damage?

It's a Railjack sentinel... go use it to AFK-kill Gokstad Officers with your OP Glaxion stats.

EDIT: Tell you what, I'll compromise with respect to Railjack

• Make Verglas exclusive to Nautilus (much like the substantially more powerful Deconstructor Prime is to Helios).
  • Give Verglas Glaxion Vandal's stats (because even Glaxion Vandal will suck against Gokstad Officers)
  • Give Nautilus the armor of Carrier Prime... because it should be able to survive Railjack better, right?

"OP sentinels" aren't enough reason for anybody to run Helios Prime over Smeeta or a Panzer Vulpaphyla... but Nautilus is a Railjack sentinel and should be able to pack a punch to the substantially beefier enemies in Railjack. Helios Prime can even kill off Steel Path Grineer enemies... so why not?

16 minutes ago, nslay said:

It's a Railjack sentinel... go use it to AFK-kill Gokstad Officers with your OP Glaxion stats.

EDIT: Tell you what, I'll compromise with respect to Railjack

• Make Verglas exclusive to Nautilus (much like the substantially more powerful Deconstructor Prime is to Helios).
  • Give Nautilus the armor of Carrier Prime... because it should be able to survive Railjack better, right?

"OP sentinels" aren't enough reason for anybody to run Helios Prime over Smeeta or a Panzer Vulpaphyla... but Nautilus is a Railjack sentinel and should be able to pack a punch to the substantially beefier enemies in Railjack. Helios Prime can even kill off Steel Path Grineer enemies... so why not?

it's a railjack-themed sentinel but it's not a "railjack sentinel" in that you can only use it or are particularly incentivized to use it in empyrean, nor are railjack grinere even the most high-level enemies there are. 

Just now, Proscriptor said:

it's a railjack-themed sentinel but it's not a "railjack sentinel" in that you can only use it or are particularly incentivized to use it in empyrean, nor are railjack grinere even the most high-level enemies there are. 

No, it is a Railjack sentinel. Look at its precepts!

10 minutes ago, nslay said:

No, it is a Railjack sentinel. Look at its precepts!

they serve to build up a theme but using it in rj or outside of it completely voluntary and when we move away from sentinel to the actual sentinel weapon which is completely disconnected from the sentinel once you have it... should i really say more?

Just now, Proscriptor said:

they serve to build up a theme but using it in rj or outside of it completely voluntary and when we move away from sentinel to the actual sentinel weapon which is completely disconnected from the sentinel once you have it... should i really say more?

The weapon comes with Nautilus and Nautilus has a precept called "Auto Omni" for repairing Railjack damage... this is clearly a sentinel meant for Railjack. Sure, you can use it outside of Railjack... so what? The sentinel and weapon should both match their role for a specialized companion for Railjack... a mode with substantially beefier enemies. I think the weapon is not OP for Railjack-level enemies... I'm not even convinced it's OP in Star Chart (because Glaxion isn't all that great to begin with).

And, then, with respect to Deconstructor Prime... I just don't see the problem. With the kind of reasoning is this thread, you can already use Helios Prime to "AFK-kill"... but somehow Helios Prime is OK even though it wields a weapon that is more powerful than Verglas! Give it Assault Mode precept and it has the same 30m range.

No, you can use that sentinel outside of Empyrean without the Auto Omni precept, only using it's other precept which pulls enemies toward you... 

The weapon is not OP for railjack enemies, which are not only "railjack-level" but are qualitatively different from other grineer units. 

The weapons is OP compared to all other sentinel weapons in that it can easily kill fairly high level enemies, while also applying excellent status, while other weapons can either kill mid-lvl enemies at best on their own (deconstructor prime basically) or they can apply status to groups of enemies but not kill them (or even close to that - helstrum)

6 minutes ago, Proscriptor said:

The weapons is OP compared to all other sentinel weapons in that it can easily kill fairly high level enemies, while also applying excellent status, while other weapons can either kill mid-lvl enemies at best on their own (deconstructor prime basically) or they can apply status to groups of enemies but not kill them (or even close to that - helstrum)

Deconstructor Prime is ridiculous! It can even kill Steel Path Grineer enemies... It's obscenely powerful! It exists, but people are still running other companions despite the possibility of letting Helios "AFK-kill" things. I just don't see Verglas being that big of an issue... but it is definitely out of line with respect to Cryotra for sure!

You can apply statuses to a group of enemies with both Deconstructor and Cyrota using Gas (it's my preferred way to spread Synth Deconstruct). I have yet to build Helstrum for the purpose... it's on my list!

20 minutes ago, Proscriptor said:

decon. prime can do it, but verglas can also do it and at a longer range, without travel time, and faster. verglas is more powerful and not restricted by sentinel. 

I took Glaxion Vandal to SP Sedna Sabotage and I'm not impressed. It's a Viral/Heat build... same with Deconstructor Prime. Slightly faster TTK than Deconstructor Prime. Would be really slow/painful if this was an Exterminate. I don't see Verglas' stats as a problem for Railjack or compared to Deconstructor Prime.

I mean, I don't think any other sentinel weapon could do what a player-wielded Glaxion Vandal can do... but few sentinel weapons can do what Deconstructor Prime can do (maybe my modded Vulklok or Vulcax can do this too).

Archived