Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best MR5 weapon?

Cheemser

Question

17 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:
  • he should get enough relics from lichs + a few kuva missions - no requirement to piggy back there either.  If he gets unlucky opening them, he can trade ones he gets for ones he needs.  We all had to do that for our first lich.
  • He didn't ask what the fastest weapon to acquire was, he asked for the best available.  And in my opinion some of the best available are kuva variants, all of which (via prereqs') are unlocked at MR 5 - (TWW, which I know he is doing now from his other post)

DE made the decision as to whats available to players when - and this is content available to him now.  As for other players dragging him through it, he could learn a lot in the process - from game mechanics, to mission strategies, etc.  Its an option - not the easiest option, but then how little would mankind have achieved if everyone always settled for the easy path.

If he completed the War Within. Also I wholeheartedly disagree.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

So he just buys the mods then for plat? Or are you suggesting he piggy backs the kuva missions and the requiem relics as well?

I think it's faster to just build one of the available weapons instead of suggesting a starting player should look at late game content and have other players drag him through it. Sorry, I just think it's terrible advice.

• he should get enough relics from lichs + a few kuva missions - no requirement to piggy back there either.  If he gets unlucky opening them, he can trade ones he gets for ones he needs.  We all had to do that for our first lich.
  • He didn't ask what the fastest weapon to acquire was, he asked for the best available.  And in my opinion some of the best available are kuva variants, all of which (via prereqs') are unlocked at MR 5 - (TWW, which I know he is doing now from his other post)

DE made the decision as to whats available to players when - and this is content available to him now.  As for other players dragging him through it, he could learn a lot in the process - from game mechanics, to mission strategies, etc.  Its an option - not the easiest option, but then how little would mankind have achieved if everyone always settled for the easy path.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

there is no solo requirement on a lich - he can use recruiting, or clan, or alliance chat.  Clearly he is not beyond asking for a little help - he' asking here, no?

So he just buys the mods then for plat? Or are you suggesting he piggy backs the kuva missions and the requiem relics as well?

I think it's faster to just build one of the available weapons instead of suggesting a starting player should look at late game content and have other players drag him through it. Sorry, I just think it's terrible advice.

For melee, guandao carried me to mr10. It's the best melee and you won't regret getting a potato for it even if you sell it later.

For secondary, atomos

For Primary, maybe worm gun (kohm) or boltor. I'm not a fan of guns so cannot give the best option for it. Dread is insanely good though.

At mr5 everything are good.

Even with non-maxed mods, I don't remember not one-shotting anything around those ranks.

Moreover, around those mr you shouldn't be too attached to anything since you'll breeze past those ranks. Just use whatever you have and probably worry more about understanding modding than the actual weapons you use.

1 hour ago, Cheemser said:

I just got MR5 and I want a good weapon. My currently owned weapons are: Hek, MK1-paris, Paris, Karak, Braton.

If you enjoy the power of Shotguns, but maybe also the rapid fire of Assault Rifles, why not both?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kohm

Just make sure to slap on Shotgun Spazz (+Fire Rate) since the weapon does feel pretty sluggish without it.

Another one to try might be Tonkor, it does have a straight upgrade later on
but the base version could be fun enough even without spending a Potato on it.

Plus of course, Dread (Stalker drop) is pretty much just better than Paris, if you're looking for another Bow.

For Secondaries, besides Atomos, maybe take a look at Kulstar, it's a rocket-propelled cluster grenade launcher, neat.

Redeemer and Xoris are good Melee options if you want to go even further beyond usual Melee range.

26 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... I'm sorry, I was going to suggest something that I personally see as "best" but~...

... I don't know, I can't seem to stop laughing long enough to suggest it after someone suggested Atomos and Orthos as "best MR5 weapons" haha

I have to ask, what was this post supposed to do, I mean besides just making you look like someone best ignored?

Archived