Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why isn't there more space tiles where you fight on the outside of a ship without Archwing?

Zahnny

I wasn't entirely sure how to word this title, but (unless it's been removed) there was a Crossfire/Invasion tile between Grineer and Corpus, (Galleon vs Ship) involving you going from Corpus ship to Galleon, through a vent into some maintenance tube that periodically fires a beam through it, past that you are still on foot, not in Archwing but fighting on the exterior of a Corpus ship, in open space which ends with you taking a Corpus portal into the Grineer ship at the end of the tile.

I always thought this was really cool, but there's not a whole lot of places in Warframe like this, to my mind I can only think of the Kuva Fortress and Eris that have similar tiles that lead into space without taking you into Archwing. Kuva Fortress having Dargyns flying around and Eris having broken parts of the ship exposing you to space.

Personally, I think it'd be interesting in a game that involves Space A LOT to have more "On Foot" locations which even if temporary, require you to navigate through open space without using Archwing. Grineer Galleons, Corpus Ships and Grineer Asteroids would be perfect places for this. And the Corpus have perfect enemies for these locations, Corpus with those jetpacks to patrol around the area, similar to Jupiter's tilesets.

It would also make sense that the factions would have areas open to space that can be walked in for outdoor maintenance without the need for massive construction ships or drones to do it all. Some work needing to be done hands on.

I hope not to bring up bad memories with this since it's not one of DE's proudest games, but I think they could pull it off well, they had scenes like that in their Star Trek game.

27 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I wasn't entirely sure how to word this title, but (unless it's been removed) there was a Crossfire/Invasion tile between Grineer and Corpus, (Galleon vs Ship) involving you going from Corpus ship to Galleon, through a vent into some maintenance tube that periodically fires a beam through it, past that you are still on foot, not in Archwing but fighting on the exterior of a Corpus ship, in open space which ends with you taking a Corpus portal into the Grineer ship at the end of the tile.

I remember that, the Corpus Teleporter tile. I miss it too

yes, on rare occasions during Invasion ship missions you would either have to use a teleporter on the outside of a Corpus ship or board a Ramsled inside a Grineer ship to cross to the enemy ship where the objective is. usually though it's either a breaching tunnel (room with heavy fighting and a tunnel leading to opposite ship) or the meteor with the force field you have to deactivate by hacking. tilesets like this are fun, but they are starting to show their age.

seriously, the main piece of old warframe content that I want to be reworked at some point is invasions: make them actually matter, and have one side showing greater influence over the other if they start winning: new tilesets, new mission types etc. the system is supposed to be in a massive three-way war with Corpus VS grineer, and both sides vs the Infested, plus the return of the Sentients. all the while, the Tenno getting involved as well; but to me, the invasions really do just feel like minor skirmishes than a perpetual all-out war. 

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

Did...Did you actually read my post?

wow sorry i did , but strangly missed the kuva forteress lign.

my bad

also yeah id like to be able to land on stuff and walk on any asteroid or space station

BUT what about life suport? XD

arent they integrated in archwing

kuva forteress got his own atmospherique shield

but on a galeon or asteroid or w/e ,

maybe it would have to imply a drop of life support from the railjack

it would make way more sense than having life support inside grineer or corpus ship

replacing current survival with this

and change the current one with some kind of endless extermination

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

The tile still exist albeit it’s a bit rare for it to generate on invasions. It looks cool in the new reworked version.

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

I always thought this was really cool, but there's not a whole lot of places in Warframe like this, to my mind I can only think of the Kuva Fortress and Eris that have similar tiles that lead into space without taking you into Archwing. Kuva Fortress having Dargyns flying around and Eris having broken parts of the ship exposing you to space.

Personally, I think it'd be interesting in a game that involves Space A LOT to have more "On Foot" locations which even if temporary, require you to navigate through open space without using Archwing. Grineer Galleons, Corpus Ships and Grineer Asteroids would be perfect places for this. And the Corpus have perfect enemies for these locations, Corpus with those jetpacks to patrol around the area, similar to Jupiter's tilesets.

It would also make sense that the factions would have areas open to space that can be walked in for outdoor maintenance without the need for massive construction ships or drones to do it all. Some work needing to be done hands on.

I hope not to bring up bad memories with this since it's not one of DE's proudest games, but I think they could pull it off well, they had scenes like that in their Star Trek game.

I think that 'maitenance tube' is actually a Corpus Ramsled Launcher.

18 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

The tile still exist albeit it’s a bit rare for it to generate on invasions. It looks cool in the new reworked version.

Oh it's updated? I'll have to keep my eye on invasions that use the ship tiles.

17 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Really? Didn't realise that. The old Grineer version was horrifically buggy but the Corpus one was cool.

Its still there , but it is very rare , you also need to side with the right faction for it to have that section.

When they introduced the kuva fortress i thought there would be hybrid missions (like sharkwing on uranus) but the only time i have used the archwing is one of those very rare instances where the exit is maybe a few meters away from the on foot exit - major disappointment - TWW quest had my hopes up,

All of the tiles that appear to lead onto open space fall into one of two categories; 'Shielded' and 'Unshielded'.

In Warframe, anything that's unshielded will damage a Warframe that stays too long, such as the derelict ships that the Infested have taken over, where the entrance and exit to the map is almost always in a place with no atmosphere or shielding. These tiles will actually kill you if you stay too long out there.

Shielded areas are ones in the Kuva Fortress, the Grineer Asteroids and so on where there's an atmospheric shielding around the entire base to prevent death by exposure.

However, a Warframe actually needs an Archwing to go into unshielded space because the thing has additional power systems that support the frame and provide basic life support.

If you just jumped out of a Railjack airlock without one, it would launch you slowly towards the edge of the map, drifting and just losing life until you died.

Now...

If DE wanted to make a few places that were more open to space, with Shielded areas that appeared larger or had much broader views of the outside space? I wouldn't mind. But that's for later when they do actual tile set updates.

Archived