Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Cetus Bounties are unfair for Solo Players

Rasdan

LIBERATION mission type on Ostwan Range area are too big to cover.

When the liberation starts, player might get surprised how quickly "% of area control" decreaess. When they realized enemy spawns in another place too far, it was too late. This mission type is punishing for solo players.

There's one EXTERMINATE mission type inside a cave (cove?) near Hillside Ruin that is too large.

Enemies spawns locations are spread too far. Maxed Enemy Radar didn't help either, since enemy can spawn either below, or above ground level.

22 minutes ago, Rasdan said:

When the liberation starts, player might get surprised how quickly "% of area control" decreaess. When they realized enemy spawns in another place too far, it was too late. This mission type is punishing for solo players.

There's one EXTERMINATE mission type inside a cave (cove?) near Hillside Ruin that is too large.

Enemies spawns locations are spread too far. Maxed Enemy Radar didn't help either, since enemy can spawn either below, or above ground level.

It's a coop game for a reason. 

il y a 31 minutes, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

It's not really a coop game. Like some other games in the same situation like Borderlands, Destinity and many others, it's playable on coop but it's designed to be fully playable on solo have less than 5% of the mechanic revolving around cooperation.

In warframe, the only thing that are really problematic when playing solo are :
- Lowered enemy spawn, that make some missions difficult, not because you have trouble managing the missions alone, but because there are not enough enemies for the objective.
- One of the Lua challenge that require 4 "players", but this can be bypassed by using specters of decoy/molt.

The second issue make sense, but the first one doesn't and it can be solved extremly easily by simply increasing the spawn rate on solo mission, which already happens on Steel Path. This solution would not only benefit to most of solo players struggling with these issues, but also discourage new players to play solo with a higher base difficulty if you're not with a team, which strengthen the "coop" part.

I'm pretty sure this bounty doesn't work properly and I am certain that I have seen a few threads about this issue already. One more wouldn't hurt it, I guess, since it isn't fixed.

11 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

- Lowered enemy spawn, that make some missions difficult, not because you have trouble managing the missions alone, but because there are not enough enemies for the objective.

In addition, spawns are extremely inconsistent and sometimes backwards. For example, you have huge, empty rooms, but then a ton of enemies spawn in a narrow corridor. 

I did that Gift of the Lotus survival alert this weekend and I had to restart it because things stopped spawning after 2 minutes.

1 hour ago, Rasdan said:

Liberation missions usually fine to do, there is however a bug where mobs spawn way too far for the player to kill or they spawn mid-air and get sent to an area outside the mission zone and start stacking wile still affecting the control of that area.

Liberation is a massive PiA solo.

The area is too big. The terrain helps to "hide" enemies. Enemies take too long to move to you (or AI will just stay still or walk around in circles).

If you don't stack Enemy Radar/Vigilante Pursuit with more radar mods, you can quite easily fail a liberation.

I hold off mass killing enemies in liberation now. I'll get the liberation to 90% or higher and then CC/tank enemies until it drops to ~60%, when I start to "slowly" kill them (not all at once). I have to juggle that, otherwise I get all enemies spawning way too far at once and taking their sweet time to get within my LoS.

9 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

That's like saying it's a PvP game just because PvP is an option.

I'd just like to point out that the overwhelming number of cinematic quests are solo-only at least in part, so kindly leave your "hurr durr its coop" attitude out of the conversation.

WF has a massive fanbase of primarily-solo players. They've shown numerous times that they want to cater for both playstyles, and they've fixed similar imbalances before.

10 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

First there is "single" option.

Secondly "coop" is just stupid reason to "increase" stuffs (e.g. enemies' spawn number/range  OR over complex RJ). One person could do it if s/he had "enough hands".

9 hours ago, Genitive said:

In addition, spawns are extremely inconsistent and sometimes backwards. For example, you have huge, empty rooms, but then a ton of enemies spawn in a narrow corridor. 

Or like new corpus ship tileset without Void fissure. I spent 30-60 minutes just because there were no enemies.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Quantaminum said:

If you don't stack Enemy Radar/Vigilante Pursuit with more radar mods, you can quite easily fail a liberation.

Or you can use Mesa. This is one of the worst mission-types after RJ. I don't see enemy but I will kill it in most cases.

As for OP:

I don't know why there aren't more "mission scales" for some missions. It's like take 1, 2, 3 and 4 people and beat that stuff (e.g. bounty, void fissures etc). If you beat stuffs on each "player number" and every stuff have similar difficulty (e.g. 5 vs 24 mission required is not good)  then it's ok.

It's been years since release and the bounty where you got to keep % clear is more or less impossible to solo if spawns are randomly placed at the edges every time.

Have you ever thought about making the zone smaller depending on amount of people?
Because I keep wondering what idiot came up with this one.

Forcing people to coop still feels like rape....

Eesh you people are brutal! I got officially stomped!

Let's leave it at this, I don't understand solo play, save for needing to pause for whatever reason (maybe a new baby in the house?) or a bad internet connection. But a lot of people don't understand stuff I like, like PvP, so I wouldn't say Solo play needs to go away. And from that perspective, what you are saying is fair. 

Obv the settings need to be fine tuned, they might lower enemy density on solo stuff when that isn't a good idea, and an increase in enemy density in general across the board would be great.

On 2021-05-03 at 8:56 PM, quxier said:

Or you can use Mesa. This is one of the worst mission-types after RJ. I don't see enemy but I will kill it in most cases.

Good luck shooting through terrain. Mesa's ult doesn't have infinite range either. Enemies still need to get within LoS for Mesa to work there.

56 minutes ago, (PSN)Quantaminum said:

Good luck shooting through terrain. Mesa's ult doesn't have infinite range either. Enemies still need to get within LoS for Mesa to work there.

yea and range of her 4 isn't affected by any range mods. So yea, gl with that.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Quantaminum said:
On 2021-05-04 at 1:56 AM, quxier said:

Then jump or move? I don't remember failing with mesa many times.

Archived