The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kills of the Void

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

Question

18 answers to this question

7 hours ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

I am using the 2 Primed mods, Narrow and Fleeting and constitution, also Augur Reach, Message and stretch.

My aura is pistol amp and I also use Power Drift.

That's great and all but what is your EXALTED REGULATORS build?

5 hours ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

I am using the 2 Primed mods, Narrow and Fleeting and constitution, also Augur Reach, Message and stretch.

My aura is pistol amp and I also use Power Drift.

Nobody can say for sure what this means, but presumably you mean on Mesa, you have Pistol Amp, Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise, Constitution, Augur Reach, Augur Message, and Stretch. This is...not what I'd call optimal, or even good, but is in the ballpark. We have no clue what your regulators are modded for.

You're ok keeping Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Fleeting, Constitution, and Message, though keeping flow a couple pips below max is fine if needed to save space if needed, and I personally think any extra duration beyond Primed Continuity is a waste of slots (could compromise by keeping Message or Constitution but not both). I'd drop at least stretch and reach, or more likely drop both those and narrow minded - either you're comfortable with range as a dump stat on Mesa (I like the damage reduction normal range gives 2/3 and just recast 2/3 more often) or you're not. There's just not enough slots to really amp up duration and compensate for lost range. In their place, you want streamline for sure; a combo of mostly ranked fleeting and mostly ranked streamline is what I use because there's a 175% cap on the cast drain and the lost duration isn't worth it to me for the slightly lower energy drain on channeled. After that, you've some number of extra spots, and for sure you want enough strength to hit full 95% damage reduction from 3. Personally, I like the full umbral set because even though her armor makes fiber a bit of a waste, the synergy is great and you're tankier if 2/3 drops for a bit. Equilibrium, Rolling Guard, or Adaptation are also good to consider. Your exilus mod doesn't really matter; waltz would let you move more easily but gives up the cool aimbot landing, while power drift would up your damage a bit. Get a max rank Arcane Velocity if you can afford it, the effect on Peacemaker is drastic. 

I'm partial to a particular Regulators build that works off the fact that damage scales with fire rate (Hornet Strike/Primed Expel [faction]; Primed Target Cracker; Primed Pistol Gambit; Barrel Diffusion; Lethal Torrent; Anemic Agility; two 90% elementals or a 90% and Primed Heated Charge), but there's plenty of workable builds that sub in stuff (e.g., Gunslinger could replace Anemic Agility with little discernable change). Just focus on crit chance, crit damage, fire rate, multishot, and damage/elemental damage...60/60 elemental status chance mods also work, but I think the slight edge is to raw elemental damage and just relying on sheer fire rate for procs.

Wukong, with a hitscan weapon like a modded Braton, or Vectis Prime. and the Xoris.

I use the Xoris to free the Solaris and get time, Wukong Clone simultaneously aimbots the parvos specters.

With a Tenno specter deployed with another Vectis,

and my RailJack on-Call Crewman summoned wielding yet another.

So now you've got a team of 4, 3 of them aimbots, but the kill quota of just 1.

Alternatively, just use the Xoris and you can do this on any frame

I think I did it on mostly Kong, after realizing that he was mission-overall just marginally slower to a spin-to-win Revenant, but more engaging than just pressing 4 and waiting for like 30 seconds.

2 hours ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

I recently got the idea of trying to farm for Protea and since I heard Mesa is good for it, I took her.

But so far, I haven't been able to rack up enough kills in the Granum Void. The highest I got was 66 kills.

Is there anything to boost this?

I bullet jump towards the spectre mob and activate 4 mid-air. If by the time you land you haven't killed most of them, the problem is in your build, we can worry about it then. Could be mesa, could be the regulators.

If you do kill all of them as you land, immediately turn to the way you came, most probably a new mob will have spawned in that direction. Bullet jump towards them and activate 4 mid-air again.

Don't think, just bullet jump and shoot. That two actions should be the only two things you do inside the granny void. It only took like a couple of back and forth until you get all the kills you need.

EDIT: if by any chance you're still prone to dying, or waste time dodging instead of shooting, activate 3 as soon as you gain control.

19 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

you are welcome. this is also why I think Mesa's Waltz is useless

Yeah, heavy Mesa user here (3x umbral forma in her prime) who'd always used Waltz for mobility. But lately I've been more focused on just being dynamic in how I use her 4, which frees up exilus for PSF. It consumes more energy but is still plenty manageable.

I was more like askinf for sth like this

xpQMTaO.png

ZI5XN3U.png

5 minutes ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

I go into a big open part of the void and fire away Mesa's 4.

and do what? Just stand there? well yeah, for sure it doesn't work. You have to Bullet Jump or Void Dash to where the enemies are and shoot small bursts while aim gliding

vor 7 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

What's your build? How do you tackle the Granum Void?

Important information is missing here to help. And yeah, when I farmed for Protea 100 kills were a couple of seconds

How I tackle it is fairly simple: I go into a big open part of the void and fire away Mesa's 4.

I did go out of my way to include Narrow Minded and Fleeting Expertise in my build (I've had issues accepting those mods) and thanks to Zenurik Dash, I go there with full energy.

Archived