The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Verv Collection

[DE]Helen

On 2021-05-21 at 2:49 PM, [DE]Helen said:

3700211068b49051757801a75e9d311a.jpg

All the other items are in the Loki Vurv Theme, but what about this? This is a variant of Grendel's Sumbha syandana, but with the same colouring scheme as Ceti Lacera. How and when does this cosmetic fit into the Prime Gaming Rewards? The Lucky Curv Loki Verv isn't my jam, but anything that goes with Ceti Lacera certainly has my attention! Maybe I'll get it.

All in all, the cosmetics look sweet. Even if they aren't for me.  :crylaugh:

I wish Amazon Prime had better features, I watched a bunch of Amazon TV last year but it doesn't have the same value as Netflix. So getting these rewards is unlikely for me. When DE announces the July TennoCon Bonus Drop maybe, maybe I'll give in and subscribe for a month.

I'll pick it up once it is added. 

Too bad it isn't Loki Prime.

Prime Gaming used to give Primes as rewards. I remember as a new player years ago I actually singed up with amazon prime just to get the rewards like Frost Prime, Scindo Prime and Soma Prime. I thought it was an amazing deal.

https://www.warframe.com/twitchprime

Edited by Redfeather75
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Naroxas44 said:

Everyone who keeps asking about the prime rewards - check back later this afternoon. There was no specified time, and there's no rush to claim them regardless.

Some people are simply excited, and others may be worried that they might have an issue unique to them causing them to not see it, hence the questions. I mean no offense but am offering a reason and possible benefit to such questions is that it helps DE stay in the know of possible issues which I believe serves both DE and the community. As for there being no time stated, that is true but I believe that is a failing that causes such questions. Knowledge is always or at least in most cases beneficial to most interactions between people, including companies and customers. 

Edited by (PSN)Tie-Kn33Bladdr
typo

On 2021-05-24 at 10:12 AM, LillyRaccune said:

All the other items are in the Loki Vurv Theme, but what about this? This is a variant of Grendel's Sumbha syandana, but with the same colouring scheme as Ceti Lacera. How and when does this cosmetic fit into the Prime Gaming Rewards? The Lucky Curv Loki Verv isn't my jam, but anything that goes with Ceti Lacera certainly has my attention! Maybe I'll get it.

I wish Amazon Prime had better features, I watched a bunch of Amazon TV last year but it doesn't have the same value as Netflix. So getting these rewards is unlikely for me. When DE announces the July TennoCon Bonus Drop maybe, maybe I'll give in and subscribe for a month.

You get it just for linking accounts.

BIG issue with this skin, you can't toggle Loki Prime's Details (like you can with mesa etc.) so they are forced onto your frame using the Verv skin, big shame as the leg "details" from the prime completely cover the top of the legs.

Please hotfix! The fashionframe community begs you!

On 2021-05-24 at 6:12 PM, LillyRaccune said:

You get that syndana by just linking amazon to your Warframe account, I did it in the last week and have had it for a little while now. Not linked to the Prime Gaming rewards system!

• Like 1

Very nice...
Check your account linking process DE, I am paying for prime but for some reason the link account page(the one that's inside warframe website) says "not supported in your country" and now apparently I successfully linked prime and warframe account by getting the  "not supported in your country" error, the prime page even goes to the right account management, but didn't receive the items yet.

Edited by Eyn_Sof
  • Like 1

This is how I feel about Prime Gaming:

Even with the 8 months of normal rewards, the Loki Verv Glyph and the associated normal rewards don't nearly have $100 in value compared to something like a Prime Access despite the cost being in the same ballpark.

That's just my take.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

Not a fan of exclusives like this (like others), but I have amazon prime so....

I really don't like the necessity to log in 'monthly' to claim it.... really does seem a lot of effort when other games can just give you the 'twitch/amazon prime rewards' automatically without the need to jump through hoops. 

Being forced to sign into twitch/warframe website each month isn't all of a sudden going to make me watch twitch more...

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

This is how I feel about Prime Gaming:

Even with the 8 months of normal rewards, the Loki Verv Glyph and the associated normal rewards don't nearly have $100 in value compared to something like a Prime Access despite the cost being in the same ballpark.

That's just my take.

That's the wrong take IMO. You're not paying $100 for a Loki skin, you're paying $100 for Amazon Prime, Prime Video, Prime Gaming, Twitch Prime, Prime Music, and whatever other services it all comes with. And from Prime Gaming you don't just get Warframe stuff, there's also stuff if you play Valorant or GTAV or Apex or Runescape or World of Tanks/Warships or Sea of Thieves or Destiny or a bunch of other S#&$.

Also it's not 8 months, it's 12. There are 13 total drops going until April 2022 and we only know what 4 of them are:

WkZthUO.png

It's not like the Loki skin is all there's going to be. We should expect a full line of Verv items, from armor sets to operator cosmetics to decorations just like last time this kind of campaign ran. If that's not worth $100 to you, which IMO it isn't, then surely all of the other stuff you get from Amazon will be.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

That's the wrong take IMO. You're not paying $100 for a Loki skin, you're paying $100 for Amazon Prime, Prime Video, Prime Gaming, Twitch Prime, Prime Music, and whatever other services it all comes with. And from Prime Gaming you don't just get Warframe stuff, there's also stuff if you play Valorant or GTAV or Apex or Runescape or World of Tanks/Warships or Sea of Thieves or Destiny or a bunch of other S#&$.

Depends on your perspective.... if you don't need/want amazon prime (in all honesty outside of the convenience during 'lockdown' I likely wouldn't have it) but you do want the stuff for warframe then it can be seen as buying a loki skin, syandana and whatever random things they add for (in the UK) £80 for the year.   Now obviously it's different if you have amazon prime but don't just assume everyone does. 

This also isn't the first time that DE have promoted something that is in twitch as 'free' when in fact it is anything but free because it requires a paid subscription to amazon/twitch... in fact they've promoted twitch rewards as 'free gifts' in EVERY game message they've sent. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Depends on your perspective.... if you don't need/want amazon prime (in all honesty outside of the convenience during 'lockdown' I likely wouldn't have it) but you do want the stuff for warframe then it can be seen as buying a loki skin, syandana and whatever random things they add for (in the UK) £80 for the year.   Now obviously it's different if you have amazon prime but don't just assume everyone does.

Is it even possible to buy Prime Gaming separately from Amazon Prime? Even if you can it's the same price as Amazon Prime which comes with Prime Gaming and all the other stuff included with it anyways, so I don't know why you ever would.

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

This also isn't the first time that DE have promoted something that is in twitch as 'free' when in fact it is anything but free because it requires a paid subscription to amazon/twitch... in fact they've promoted twitch rewards as 'free gifts' in EVERY game message they've sent. 

Which is a bit annoying maybe, but it's not like they're lying to you. It is 'free' - for members of whatever service they're promoting. It was the same for the 'free' Discord Nitro perks.

• Like 1

I got it but the process was weird compared to last time I had to link my account twice.  Not as in unlink then relink.  But whatever screen the drop was at had me clicking the link account button when my account should have already been linked.  While bored I grabbed the dauntless drop and that was significantly less work. 

No blame though it seems prime gaming still isn't where it needs to be in general. 

Can't wait to feed my loki to helminth and then put the skin on my already forma'd and potato'd one. 

thx

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Which is a bit annoying maybe, but it's not like they're lying to you. It is 'free' - for members of whatever service they're promoting. It was the same for the 'free' Discord Nitro perks.

Depending on how far someone wanted to push it you could probably argue false/deceptive advertising.... which at least in the UK is illegal.

The messages in game could easily fall under this part of the rule where consumer advertising (and the message in game is an advert) must not

• including false or deceptive messages (the free part)
  • leave out important information (the fact you need a monthly paid subscription)

Now I'm far too lazy to report it but still. 

• Like 6

Linked. Tried to claim. Says successfully claimed. Received nothing. Is there a delay of some sort? Twitch drops usually require me to run a mission before they appear in my Inbox, but that did not work in this case.

Edit: If anyone else runs into this issue, quitting the game and relaunching worked for me.

Edited by Exemplifire
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Depending on how far someone wanted to push it you could probably argue false/deceptive advertising.... which at least in the UK is illegal.

The messages in game could easily fall under this part of the rule where consumer advertising (and the message in game is an advert) must not

• including false or deceptive messages (the free part)
  • leave out important information (the fact you need a monthly paid subscription)

Now I'm far too lazy to report it but still. 

I agree that DE shouldn't advertise it the way they do ingame, both for the specific wording or even for sending it as an inbox message at all, but I would very much doubt there are any laws actually being broken... And if you really think DE's breaking the law then maybe you should report it so DE can get their advertising to be compliant. If you're not going to report it then it's probably not that big of a deal, is it?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I agree that DE shouldn't advertise it the way they do ingame, both for the specific wording or even for sending it as an inbox message at all, but I would very much doubt there are any laws actually being broken... And if you really think DE's breaking the law then maybe you should report it so DE can get their advertising to be compliant. If you're not going to report it then it's probably not that big of a deal, is it?

As I said, I'm too lazy to do it and tbh I've got more important things to worry over than warframe in general.... you would be shocked how many things have fallen foul of UK advertising rules though.

Having said that I do think DE should maybe take notice of the fact they could be breaking UK laws with the way they're advertising twitch prime in game, I doubt they will though. 

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 2