Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there Sister of Parvos release date?

quxier

Question

PC had 2.2 GB of next update to download. I assume that's for Sister of Pablos update. I guess it's very soon.

However I've checked website and wiki but I don't see any release date. I mean is there approximate date like "this month" or "first or second week of next month"?

11 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, quxier said:

PC had 2.2 GB of next update to download. I assume that's for Sister of Pablos update. I guess it's very soon.

However I've checked website and wiki but I don't see any release date. I mean is there approximate date like "this month" or "first or second week of next month"?

that update was gara prime do you think sisters of parvos would just be TWO gbs? there is no approximation, we may get more info on the next dev strea

Just now, (XBOX)Greenguy5000 said:

that update was gara prime do you think sisters of parvos would just be TWO gbs? there is no approximation, we may get more info on the next dev strea

Gara requiring 2 GB would be insane.

You will notice the download size is 2.2 GB. There’s a few reasons why. First, it’s a Mainline. If you don’t know what that means, it’s when we deploy all pending changes to the game in a big batch.

So it's for future update.

I know that it won't be only 2GB wouldn't be enough but it's probably huge part of next update.

Nevertheless thank you for answer.

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Greenguy5000 said:

it had gara, likely twitch prime stuff and an assortment of minor changes

Of course that update had things you mentioned. It's just those stuffs are probably few hundreds MB not GB.

14 hours ago, quxier said:

It's just those stuffs are probably few hundreds MB not GB

for comparison the warframe models supplied for people to play around with are about 80mb for a warframe including all the textures in PNG format which are kind of huge for textures! the actual mesh (I am unsure if it includes rigging) is in KB!

so yeah 2gb is a bit much for what only equates to a few warframe skins! but is it the whole sisters of pavos ? at a guess I think maybe not? the patch notes are huge it could be a lot of little things all adding up maybe.

Devstream should be SOON like today or by the 30th.   They are going to drop tons of details on Sisters update.  

But.... I think they are going to take their sweet ass time and drop it during tennocon which is july??   Otherwise I dont know what kind of big reveal they could have for Tennocon.  

The size of the update being 2gb download is not relevant

what you need to do is compare the total size of WF before vs after update. It didn't actually add 2gb of new stuff.

The update file can be much larger than the actual amount of new data added; because they can't just tailor edit small portions of existing files when there's just a minor change; they have to swap them out completely.

Archived