Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to host a GiveAway?

LonelysVan

Question

I was planning to host a GiveAway via trading. Problem is, is it fine? I mean, if I give items to player without taking anything from them, I'm afraid the bot/admin (or whatever it is) will count it as RMT. That's my concern.

12 answers to this question

"Can I create contests with giveaway prizes that are awarded via Trading?

Please do not do this.  While your intent may be innocent, if your contest will rely on the Warframe Trading or Gifting systems to send items or Platinum to players directly we must HIGHLY discourage this.  This is not the intent of these systems and there is little to differentiate this sort of contest from possible fraudulent or illegitimate transactions between parties. 

Contests from the Warframe Community team (Dev Streams, Primetime, etc), Fansites, and partners will use the code redemption system, and are the only sanctioned method of conducting a contest with players.  Digital Extremes does not offer support for unsanctioned giveaways or contests."

From: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200092259-Trading-FAQ-Safe-Trading-Tips

AKA people have ran contests giving stuff away and then contacted DE and said they were hacked and ask for all their stuff back lol.   

Most people in-game will assume you are trying to scam them and will probably put you on ignore also.....  and the people who dont ignore probaby just wont get involved anyways.... you only get beggers and people who will do the least amount of effort to run your contest.   

If your contest involves streaming you will definately be put on ignore lol.   

-------------------------

I REALLY hate DE's policies towards player ran contests.   I think it helps the community.   I think they worry about it destroying the platinum economy or something but they give away 1000's of plat every week..  and unlike dev plat,  Players either have to buy it or work for it so I dont think it hurts anything moving it around between players.  (not that your using pat as a reward, although you kinda do because gifts are limited to like 8 a day).   

--------------------------------------

My funnest contest/giveaway I have ran was at my Dojo!!  I built some crazy wall climbing stuff in my dry dock.  I told people I was in Dry dock and all they had to do was reach me.  And they could only do that by doing my wall climbing section.   It was very entertaining,  Only a few were able to do it on first try.

If I do it again tho I am building an obstacle course in a SKY BOX room.  No walls and nothing to cheat off of.  Just hardcore parkour!!  And I will probably only let people try 1 at a time so there is less "monkey see monkey do" lol.  

But honestly im more worried about being put on ignore en-mass.  Its just not worth it when everything is working against you.   But I got 3k plat and lots of prime frames to give away =/ 

I did it all the time with clan mates who need prime parts or full sets. Just have them throw in the coveted ammo drum mod as compensation. Everyone should have at least a couple thousand of those lying around. 

It's not against the rules to give people items for free, just so long as its not Platinum. Free platinum trades get real fuzzy real quick. 

35 minutes ago, LonelysVan said:

Is it ok if player A gives items to player B, but player B gives nothing to player A on trading?
Because I was planning to do giveaway via trading, which mean I'm gonna give the Item but take nothing back. I just don't want devs/admin/bot/GM/whatever detects it as RMT.

The Trade window requires at least 1 item on each side to even activate.

Ayatan Star is recommended.

On 2021-06-19 at 3:42 AM, NovusNova said:

"Can I create contests with giveaway prizes that are awarded via Trading?

Please do not do this.  While your intent may be innocent, if your contest will rely on the Warframe Trading or Gifting systems to send items or Platinum to players directly we must HIGHLY discourage this.  This is not the intent of these systems and there is little to differentiate this sort of contest from possible fraudulent or illegitimate transactions between parties. 

Contests from the Warframe Community team (Dev Streams, Primetime, etc), Fansites, and partners will use the code redemption system, and are the only sanctioned method of conducting a contest with players.  Digital Extremes does not offer support for unsanctioned giveaways or contests."

From: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200092259-Trading-FAQ-Safe-Trading-Tips

Nah, I'm not gonna do Platinum giveaway (yet), just Prime parts. But if it's not safe, then it's quite troublesome...

On 2021-06-18 at 12:42 PM, NovusNova said:

This is not the intent of these systems and there is little to differentiate this sort of contest from possible fraudulent or illegitimate transactions between parties. 

I don't see how it would be different from any other Unbalanced Trade between clan members, friends, or just people being generous. People do these things all the time. Nothing illegitimate about it.

If that causes your bots to go nuts with flag reports; well that sounds like an internal problem to me.

There's no ToS that sets an equity balance on Trades.

Archived