Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvE Conclave Standing

Leon_Aeris

14 hours ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

Simple problems require simple solutions. 

Option 1:- Index/Rathuum/Steel Path give conclave standing 

Option 2:- Add Lunaro to option 1 but with bots.

Option 3:- Add certain conclave only accessories/mods to the Steel Path honors store that rotate on a weekly basis.

Option 4:- Treat Conclave syndicate as a Steel essence sink.

TEAL DEAR. Opening up the conclave with as many already existing methods that complement what is already there is a start.

Yeah! Who needs exclusive rewards for difficult game-modes? The Conclave loot should be rewarded in other game modes!

Capture missions should reward Eidolon Shards & Arcanes! There's no reason those elitists who hunt Eidolons should hog all this Eidolon-specific loot.

1 hour ago, Sevek7 said:

Yeah! Who needs exclusive rewards for difficult game-modes? The Conclave loot should be rewarded in other game modes!

Capture missions should reward Eidolon Shards & Arcanes! There's no reason those elitists who hunt Eidolons should hog all this Eidolon-specific loot.

Conclave is a content island sitting there on its lonesome with only 1 bridge linking it to the rest of the game. And there in no harm in having different interconnected bridges linking it to other parts of the game.

1 hour ago, Sevek7 said:

Hey, I'd play conclave for it's rewards if I could. But I can never get a game. I'm not sure I have since it basically launched.. I really would love to earn conclave rewards in conclave, but I can't. Some other method, whether it just be bot conclave (with slightly reduced gains) or arena modes, would be nice. Preferably bots so I can still play the conclave mode. Even having bots could help with populating conclave because you wouldn't need to wait for other people to play it. I get get it's a pvp mode, but if I can't connect with another player there's no point to sitting there waiting for no one to join anyway. Bots could give people something to do in conclave while they wait for players.

58 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

Hey, I'd play conclave for it's rewards if I could. But I can never get a game. I'm not sure I have since it basically launched..

Not sure why that's your experience, but where I live and in its early days, there were always games happening.

Now these days it's a bit more difficult because the devs aren't even maintaining it properly anymore and a lot of broken things have made it in. But there are still games happening every day, maybe give this a try:

The sitting and waiting in a lobby and not being able to do anything at all is of course backwards. It has been pointed out countless times here, too.

20 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Not sure why that is, but where I live and in its early days, there were always games happening.

Now these days it's a bit more difficult because the devs aren't even maintaining it properly anymore and a lot of broken things have made it in. But there are still games happening every day, maybe give this a try:

The sitting and waiting in a lobby and not being able to do anything at all is of course backwards. It has been pointed out countless times here, too.

It doesn't matter when I try, peak time or not, I can never find a game period. I end up sitting in my orbiter trying to join doing absolutley nothing until I get frustrated and give up looking for a game or sit in the lobby waiting for no one to join. I'm assuming there isn't enough playing conclave in my region. And i'm not changing regions as the ping would ruin it entirely for me(though I have tried in the past for no results), or joining a discord server to be able to play in game. What I would like is to be able to click the button to play and actually play it. 

I got maybe a few games when it launched and have never been able to since. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

Conclave is a content island sitting there on its lonesome with only 1 bridge linking it to the rest of the game. And there in no harm in having different interconnected bridges linking it to other parts of the game.

Even though i agree with conclave needing to be connected to the game economy, adding its rewards somewhere else achieves the opposite result since that allows to completely bypass the mode.

I think it would be much better to integrate conclave to the game economy as a way to alleviate other grinds without straight up trivializing them. 

1 hour ago, NecroPed said:

It doesn't matter when I try, peak time or not, I can never find a game period. I end up sitting in my orbiter trying to join doing absolutley nothing until I get frustrated and give up looking for a game or sit in the lobby waiting for no one to join. I'm assuming there isn't enough playing conclave in my region. And i'm not changing regions as the ping would ruin it entirely for me(though I have tried in the past for no results), or joining a discord server to be able to play in game. What I would like is to be able to click the button to play and actually play it. 

Well, if you're unwilling to take the help that is given then I'm not sure what to tell you. Other than you probably don't really want to play it in the first place, that is.

2 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Well, if you're unwilling to take the help that is given then I'm not sure what to tell you. Other than you probably don't really want to play it in the first place, that is.

No, I do want to play it. But, I'm not going to spend an excessive amount of effort OUTSIDE THE GAME trying to get it to work inside the game. That is absurdity to me. 
And playing at 200+ ping is awful. Excuse me for having standards when it comes to PvP game modes and actually wanting to be able to play fairly with proper hit registration. 

Just now, NecroPed said:

No, I do want to play it. But, I'm not going to spend an excessive amount of effort OUTSIDE THE GAME trying to get it to work inside the game. That is absurdity to me. 
And playing at 200+ ping is awful. Excuse me for having standards when it comes to PvP game modes and actually wanting to be able to play fairly with proper hit registration. 

It actually works better than you'd imagine, because hit detection in this game is client-side.

But good luck with your stubbornness here, we've been asking for improvements for literal years and this is all we have. 😉

Just now, Kontrollo said:

It actually works better than you'd imagine, because hit detection in this game is client-side.

But good luck with your stubbornness here, we've been asking for improvements for literal years and this is all we have. 😉

I've played PvE content at 200ms ping and I find it awful. I cannot begin to even imagine how much worse it's going to be in PvP.. 

2 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

I've played PvE content at 200ms ping and I find it awful. I cannot begin to even imagine how much worse it's going to be in PvP.. 

There are several things to consider: latency (ping), bandwidth, jitter and packet loss. It's likely the latter three get worse with the first one, but not necessarily so. Ping alone is not a good indicator for gameplay quality, you don't know how well it works until you've tried it.

If bandwidth isn't a bottleneck and packet loss is minimal, then it works well enough in this game.

Just now, Kontrollo said:

There are several things to consider: latency (ping), bandwidth, jitter and packet loss. It's likely the latter three get worse with the first one, but not necessarily so. Ping alone is not a good indicator for gameplay quality, you don't know how well it works until you've tried it.

If bandwidth isn't a bottleneck and packet loss is minimal, then it works well enough in this game.

Well enough for you maybe. Not necessarily everyone else. 

35 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

What region are you playing in anyway? I could probably find someone you could talk to, as obviously what I'm saying isn't good enough anyway.

Australia. If you want to do that go for it. You really don't have to though, I get enough out of PvE in Warframe I'm still content with what I have. I would like to be able to play PvP when I feel like it without hassle. But, I'm not expecting any big changes or anything like that. 

8 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

Even though i agree with conclave needing to be connected to the game economy, adding its rewards somewhere else achieves the opposite result since that allows to completely bypass the mode.

I think it would be much better to integrate conclave to the game economy as a way to alleviate other grinds without straight up trivializing them. 

What you said right here, I agree with whole heartedly

On 2021-08-01 at 2:40 PM, NecroPed said:

Australia. If you want to do that go for it. You really don't have to though, I get enough out of PvE in Warframe I'm still content with what I have. I would like to be able to play PvP when I feel like it without hassle. But, I'm not expecting any big changes or anything like that. 

I haven't actually found anyone who plays in OCE on PC. But I've talked to a PSN player who is in the same boat as you.

The conversation boiled down to the following things:

• OCE has generally a very low playerbase, not just in Conclave. So either try other regions or set up games with some friends.

• Try switching to NA. Games on PC usually happen in regions' respective evenings. You might try asia on PC as well, not sure. On PSN that doesn't really seem to be an option, either.

• Ping is not that much of a problem (mentioned already), except for doors, which are synced. Also note that your game state differs from the other players' which is most noticeable in melee combat. That's all, unless there is some other connection problem (and Lunaro would be a bit different, too).

On 2021-08-01 at 10:40 PM, NecroPed said:

OMG !!!

Another Aussie, I thought I was the only 1

On 2021-08-01 at 9:12 AM, NecroPed said:

Hey, I'd play conclave for it's rewards if I could. But I can never get a game. I'm not sure I have since it basically launched.. I really would love to earn conclave rewards in conclave, but I can't. Some other method, whether it just be bot conclave (with slightly reduced gains) or arena modes, would be nice. Preferably bots so I can still play the conclave mode. Even having bots could help with populating conclave because you wouldn't need to wait for other people to play it. I get get it's a pvp mode, but if I can't connect with another player there's no point to sitting there waiting for no one to join anyway. Bots could give people something to do in conclave while they wait for players.

Crossplay might fix this issue if DE allows it in Conclave. 

Much bigger population > Empty lobbies become much rarer > More people try to queue since they don't get placed into empty lobbies as often > Even less empty lobbies. 

2 hours ago, Tachmag said:

Crossplay might fix this issue if DE allows it in Conclave. 

Much bigger population > Empty lobbies become much rarer > More people try to queue since they don't get placed into empty lobbies as often > Even less empty lobbies. 

That's what I'm hoping! 

• 1 month later...
On 2021-07-04 at 10:26 PM, (XBOX)Zweimander said:

They took trials away and it had a bigger and more dedicated fan base. 

And yet you can literally hear through an interview of Trainman and the Zanagoth, and him literally saying in the interview:

"So what are the bugs with trials this week?"

• 1 month later...

Kind of a necro but oh well. 

Why are arcanes tradable then? It allows you to completely bypass eidolons and enjoy the rewards without ever killing a single one. Why are syndicate rewards tradable? It allows you to bypass the entire system and just buy anything you want. Where is the consistency? Why would conclave rewards NOT be tradable when literally everything else in the game is, and another exclusive mode that you HAVE to play to obtain the rewards doesn't exist.

27 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

Kind of a necro but oh well. 

Why are arcanes tradable then? It allows you to completely bypass eidolons and enjoy the rewards without ever killing a single one. Why are syndicate rewards tradable? It allows you to bypass the entire system and just buy anything you want. Where is the consistency? Why would conclave rewards NOT be tradable when literally everything else in the game is, and another exclusive mode that you HAVE to play to obtain the rewards doesn't exist.

Before asking "why" something is, it's generally useful to first nail down "if" it is.

Almost all of the Conclave rewards are tradeable. The only exception being cosmetics. 

25 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Before asking "why" something is, it's generally useful to first nail down "if" it is.

Almost all of the Conclave rewards are tradeable. The only exception being cosmetics. 

I'm obviously talking about those. The mods that can only be used in conclave don't matter much to most people, only mod completionists. But ok, even then. Why are the mods that can only be used in conclave tradable but not other things? Where's the consistency, i ask again? Either everything is tradable or nothing is, if there's selection there needs to be an explanation of the logic behind the decision. 

6 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

I'm obviously talking about those. The mods that can only be used in conclave don't matter much to most people, only mod completionists. But ok, even then. Why are the mods that can only be used in conclave tradable but not other things?

I think it's worth keeping in mind that cosmetic rewards are usually intended to provide some degree of prestige to players who own them, so making them tradeable defeats their intended purpose.

6 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

Where's the consistency, i ask again?

Useful rewards are tradeable (mods arcanes, etc), however, you don't see people selling sekharas or event badges, which -just like conclave cosmetics- required players to go out of our way and  participate in something specific to be obtained (trials, events, etc).

The only inconsistency is having PvE syndicate armors being tradeable, but on one hand these are rather new and, let's be honest, these are obtained passively while trying to get something else.

Unless wearing a sigil from any of the 6 main PvE syndicates while playing in any of the open worlds or while cracking relics, doing Sorties, Arbitrarions, clearing Steel Path, etc is also considered "an effort", which wouldn't surprise me seeing the emphasis of some people in "muh fashionframe" and how out of hand is the "fashionframe is endgame" bad meme.

Archived