Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Milestone Reward made Irrelevant by Future Updates.

martinovich89

il y a 26 minutes, --END--Rikutatis a dit :

I 100% agree with this. I'm actually surprised so many ppl in this thread are in favor of unique primed mods being a part of login rewards. You need 900 days to get all of them. Primed Fury is about to become super meta for many (most) melees. Primed sure footed is also super meta in this age of explosive guns. It's kinda absurd to gate power progress of this type behind logging in for 900 days. 

I speak as someone with around 650 login days and most of the rewards that matter, but I still shake my head to think this is all gated behind time. I understand the importance of login rewards for live service games, but there's TONS of other useful evergreen resources they could give instead of unique progression items for meta builds that takes years to achieve. 

I believe it is because most active people on this forum are basically defenders. They kinda want to be part of the DE squad, if that makes sense.
I'm glad some people still can understand this from a genuine game design perspective.
I will never log in 700 times or 200 times for a reward. Never. Ever.
And I bet 99% people won't either. It is just silly. Eventually, if the game is appealing enough, if there is content to do, I will get there.
Typically, I think that special cosmetics should be parked here, to show people that you are a worthy logger.

21 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

as this would invalidate the players who gained theirs through Time and Dedication to the Logins

After 6+ years I finally have all the login mods. This would not invalidate anything for me. Waiting is not "earning." Daily logout chores are not "earning." These are powerful mods that have become very important to your progression. I would happily make them all fully available to other players right now if I could.

Yeah crucial mods being timegated this hard (200 days?) is insane and not a good game design.  For example Ive played thousands of hours but in periods and not logging in every day so Im late to the mods despite playing this much?  And new players are totally out of luck - you need 900 days logins to get all the mods... 🙃

There needs to be some other way to get them. Fully agree with poster above "Daily logout chores are not "earning." These are powerful mods that have become very important to your progression" - they need to be made available thru playing and farming to earn them, not years of waiting and daily logins.

5 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

After 6+ years I finally have all the login mods. This would not invalidate anything for me. Waiting is not "earning." Daily logout chores are not "earning." These are powerful mods that have become very important to your progression. I would happily make them all fully available to other players right now if I could.

See Below:

18 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Super Meta Real-Fact Talk here:

Warframe is a 'free to play'/'pay to win' game. They make their money from players buying microtransactions.

The purpose of the Daily Logins system is Addiction, to attract and retain players. In order to get these exclusive Primed Mods, players need to Engage Daily with the game, work it into their routines like a habit.

These powerful mods are the reward to motivate Retention Conditioning. Making them instantly available to all players destroys that strategy. Training Pavlog's dog doesn't work if if you give him the reward *before* the training session. Gotta keep it out of reach until afterwards.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

See Below:

These powerful mods are the reward to motivate Retention Conditioning. Making them instantly available to all players destroys that strategy. Training Pavlog's dog doesn't work if if you give him the reward *before* the training session. Gotta keep it out of reach until afterwards.

Tell that to all the other highly successful live service games that find other ways to hook players and keep them in the game, instead of gating power progression behind 900 days of login. Warframe is also successful, but that doesn't mean it does everything right or in the most player friendly way. Or that there aren't other ways to achieve player "addiction" as you say (as if that was even a good thing, but that's another topic entirely). 

7 hours ago, Monolake said:

Yeah crucial mods being timegated this hard (200 days?) is insane and not a good game design.  For example Ive played thousands of hours but in periods and not logging in every day so Im late to the mods despite playing this much?  And new players are totally out of luck - you need 900 days logins to get all the mods... 🙃

There needs to be some other way to get them. Fully agree with poster above "Daily logout chores are not "earning." These are powerful mods that have become very important to your progression" - they need to be made available thru playing and farming to earn them, not years of waiting and daily logins.

I do agree that putting power and weapons behind login days is a bad practice when it comes in the form of hundreds of days needed. That said the arguement can be made that if they want to continue with keeping login rewards as a reason to get people logging in daily there needs to be another valuable carrot placed on the end of that stick that keeps people doing it. My personal vote would be peculiar mods as they can add fun effects without adding power. I'd love enemies to explode into confetti on death to blast damage for example.

However it doesnt sound like anything to replace them was being suggested rather just removal of a reward and placed in a place obtainable by everyone  essentially devaluing having spent that time logging in each day getting it. I know its not "work" but does require effort over a long period of time to obtain all the things. Compensation for effort should be a thing, not simply nullified like they did with event weapons

1 hour ago, LuckyCharm said:

However it doesnt sound like anything to replace them was being suggested rather just removal of a reward and placed in a place obtainable by everyone  essentially devaluing having spent that time logging in each day getting it. I know its not "work" but does require effort over a long period of time to obtain all the things. Compensation for effort should be a thing, not simply nullified like they did with event weapons

No. Admission that it was a mistake and an apology to the players they made suffer this way is what *should* happen. I have nothing against the idea of login rewards, but it can't be things like this unless they just enjoy giving ammo to the people who love to trash on this game. A random 3 hour booster every day would be enough for most people. Random rewards that can have *some* value are acceptable too, such as a random riven from a random category. You can even set these up behind a "momentum" system that accrues through consecutive login days. Random vaulted relics would be cool. An occasional spike of like 10k endo would be welcome. There are limitless other options than the atrocious way it is handled now.

Oh you sweet summer children.

4 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

No. Admission that it was a mistake and an apology to the players they made suffer this way is what *should* happen. I have nothing against the idea of login rewards, but it can't be things like this unless they just enjoy giving ammo to the people who love to trash on this game.

Warframe is a game of choice and alternatives. Having a couple drops in the ocean gated behind account veterancy is hardly taking a sledgehammer to someone's shins here.

The Zeni, Azi and Zeni are hardly 'god tier meta' weapons. Zenistar got murdered in cold blood. Zenith's infinite punchthrough is a novelty, same with the Azima miniturret disc. You have at least 80 unique weapons in each category from which to choose, not counting variants.

Basic variants of primed mods exist (good enough for Shred, Vigor is barely used enough even in its Prime to matter that much), Handspring exists as an alt for the reliability of PSF (plus ability-driven immunities).

And then there's Primed Fury. Granted, the larger issue is the gutting of Berserker in the first place to something which is unreliable (and therefore must effectively be considered as if non-existent), but we have Quickening, a melee speed Arcane, Glad Vice and a litany of attack-speed abilities to sprinkle into the void left in both Berserker's passing and the extra gap of lacking the Prime of Fury.

A random 3 hour booster every day would be enough for most people. Random rewards that can have *some* value are acceptable too, such as a random riven from a random category.

"Most people" seem to be OK with login gated items too. Then there's the inevitable outliers, like you for those and like myself for what you're suggesting in lieu. A riven for me would most likely translate into 15 to 815 Endo (I don't need on top of the 1.3 million sitting around) because I already get more than I can hold. I only just manage to care about resource drop boosters, the other three/four are nigh immaterial (blue drop booster doesn't affect enough, I have all the mods I need, I have credits aplenty and can get more with ease, and my stuff is already maxed - so what do I care for any others?) and that's when mine last over 60 hours.

You can even set these up behind a "momentum" system that accrues through consecutive login days.

Regression. We moved away from that in the old system.

Random vaulted relics would be cool. An occasional spike of like 10k endo would be welcome. There are limitless other options than the atrocious way it is handled now.

More junk relics for things I already have and which I probably wouldn't find anyone with whom to radshare even if I needed them? More pittances of Endo I probably won't need unless I somehow accrue no more from any source for the next two years(+)? Oh boy!

52 minutes ago, Sl4ught3r777 said:

Yep restore berserk return to it's on crit hit but just don;t make it stackable with primed fury/fury that should solve that animation breaking problem which i have yet to see 

No. That as all attack speed reductions just make it worse.
The lower the attack speed, the more obvious the butchering of stances DE did when they glued different animations with not even proper tweening using animation locks.
I mean DE did at least with the lates railjack revised smoothen out/applied basic tweening and x alignment to the animations (so that the likes of Valkyr block combo or Tempo Royale doesnt spaz teleport left right to literally nauseating degrees), but thats no fix to fundamentally flawed approach they took to stances in melee 2.9998

2 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

A riven for me would most likely translate into 15 to 815 Endo (I don't need on top of the 1.3 million sitting around) because I already get more than I can hold. I only just manage to care about resource drop boosters, the other three/four are nigh immaterial (blue drop booster doesn't affect enough, I have all the mods I need, I have credits aplenty and can get more with ease, and my stuff is already maxed - so what do I care for any others?) and that's when mine last over 60 hours.

Regression. We moved away from that in the old system.

More junk relics for things I already have and which I probably wouldn't find anyone with whom to radshare even if I needed them? More pittances of Endo I probably won't need unless I somehow accrue no more from any source for the next two years(+)? Oh boy!

This can be summed up as "*You* don't need anything from logins anymore," but the vast, vast majority of players are under MR 25 and can use most of the suggested rewards. You're not getting anything from the current system anyway, and the current rewards are even less useful to you than the proposed ones. Also...

Most people" seem to be OK with login gated items too.

I don't believe it's this as much as they don't believe DE will actually change it. I bet if DE put out an in-game survey via the Inbox, they'd find many players would prefer it was at least more rewarding than now and probably quite a bit different. Honestly, who the hell cares about a login rewards of 600 plastids or 2 neurodes?! That's literally just 2 minutes of farm even for sub-10 MR players.

Beyond those points, the existence of alternatives is hardly relevant because the specifics of what each thing does can make a big difference. For example, there's a huge difference between Pistol Gambit and the Primed version for someone using Lex Prime and trying to reach 100% crit. Even with stuff like Hydraulic Crosshairs, the regular PG won't be enough unless you also have a riven with crit chance on it. For someone who is MR 8 and hasn't finished the appropriate quests, that riven may not be an option yet while that Primed version of PG might be (if they're willing to spend a bit of plat--which isn't uncommon). Even if you wanted to argue that something is "good enough," that falls flat on its face given how night and day the difference between 99% and 100+% crit chance is. Some weapons aren't reasonably functional until they reach certain breakpoints in certain stats. All these pieces of the puzzle fit a certain way and login "rewards" are the most artificial and worst feeling possible time gate--worse than something that just has an abhorrent drop rate, because that at least has a chance if you just play enough or get lucky. You can't do anything to accelerate a "200 days" login requirement.

Archived