Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary and secondary arcane adapter

Godmode_Ash

13 minutes ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

Yes, it's not even a competition. In addition to that, mashing E "gameplay" is just dumb.

You must be a god tier player. 90% headshot rate overkill damage, instant aimbot like aim.

I would like to see your gun play. Can we co-op sometimes? I am on PC.

2 hours ago, Zi-of-Jinx said:

So you're saying my Stropha build that hit 38 million red crits with nukor's applied viral + heat procs on infested, was outdone in damage done by some guns? Pre-patch? And don't give me the bs that you did it with some frame that only buffs gun damage or used something else than a weapons platformer to do it, it ruins the purpose. Though I suppose that too is arguable, like everything these days. People can argue whether the sky falls and crushes us tomorrow or not, lol. But point is, I'll believe you if I can replicate than 40 million gun crit of yours with pre-patch means. You don't even have to give me a screenshot nor video about it nor a lengthy explanation. You can give it in private and I'll come back here and say "yeah you were right, my bad" if you were indeed right and had 40 million plus crit from a gun with pure weapons platforming.

Maybe you actually can do it with Vigilante mods, but it's not as sustainable then as my Stropha's build which could replicate that 38M red crit every third hit or so, heavy attack efficiency CO BL build. And sorry if I seem skeptical, I just find it hard to believe, is all. But world is full of wonders...

You used an outlier of a melee weapon and buffed it with the help of a gun that's also an outlier.....no one made you do that and you don't even need that much overkill. 

1 hour ago, Godmode_Ash said:

You must be a god tier player. 90% headshot rate overkill damage, instant aimbot like aim.

I would like to see your gun play. Can we co-op sometimes? I am on PC.

Video games were never hard. It's all muscle memory, reflex and knowing some basic things. The issue comes in when people have some coordination issues that no game can fix, or they just exaggerate and act like victims because a game won't listen to them. 

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Video games were never hard. It's all muscle memory, reflex and knowing some basic things. The issue comes in when people have some coordination issues that no game can fix, or they just exaggerate and act like victims because a game won't listen to them. 

Most videos game are commercial products for average players so of course it wouldn't be too hard. Especially when WF is design around using controller. But the guy claim he was able to out perform melee with average guns so I was genuinely curious. I been following Pro-quake competition scene for years, I thought he was one of those Rapha/Cooller pro player hidden in warframe community.

I did meet up with him for a game. I don't want to say bad about him because he was cool, but the game was disappointed. He was basically using tenet tetra as new bramma, further prove my point that melee > gun, unless you using 10% of those meta. I would like to see someone do crazy stuff like using Boltor Prime headshot every enemy to outdamge melee... using weak gun to beat melee to prove my point wrong.

14 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

Most videos game are commercial products for average players so of course it wouldn't be too hard. Especially when WF is design around using controller. But the guy claim he was able to out perform melee with average guns so I was genuinely curious. I been following Pro-quake competition scene for years, I thought he was one of those Rapha/Cooller pro player hidden in warframe community.

I did meet up with him for a game. I don't want to say bad about him because he was cool, but the game was disappointed. He was basically using tenet tetra as new bramma, further prove my point that melee > gun, unless you using 10% of those meta. I would like to see someone do crazy stuff like using Boltor Prime headshot every enemy to outdamge melee... using weak gun to beat melee to prove my point wrong.

You're not playing call of duty

If you want to spam an assault rifle, make the team to do it and funnel the enemies in a corner. No one's stopping you. I'd suggest an Octavia, harrow, a nyx for spamming bolts and maybe a neutral or fast nova. You also have chroma with his augment and many other ways.

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You're not playing call of duty

If you want to spam an assault rifle, make the team to do it and funnel the enemies in a corner. No one's stopping you. I'd suggest an Octavia, harrow, a nyx for spamming bolts and maybe a neutral or fast nova. You also have chroma with his augment and many other ways.

I am not sure why you are telling me this?

If you look previous post I made. I was trying to defend melee > gun, because few people disagree. I only mentioned an example of using bolter prime to headshot to outdamage melee would be amazing to see. But I never said I want to play it that way, it's just not efficient and average players can't do that.

I think they're fine. 15 a piece means you get one every day from your SP dailies and still have 10 to spare even if no Acolyte shows up.

This is one of the few things I'm not complaining about. That, and the price of Galvanized mods. At 20 each that's more than fair.

Whilst I have a different take on the purpose of the Arcanes (I'd phrase it more along the lines of making guns more competitive than necessarily attempting to bring them up to melee, emphasis on 'more') I do think locking the Arcanes behind a currency odd, or basically making them used via limited consumables odd. Since it either discourages people from using them on a variety and assortment of different guns, or it asks those that like variety, to grind more. The intent is probably the latter, but as you say, people will probably just use them on meta weapons, because of the investment required. 

Personally, I use a lot of guns, I like them, I look for excuses to use them, find different niches, experiment. More than my clanmates, and other people I know who play WF. I'll probably end up using a lot of SE for these Unlockers. I don't mind myself, since I have a lot of SE and consider them decently priced, and I used a lot of weak guns in SP, so I already know I don't need them, still find it a lil odd and sympathise with those who have wide arsenals of guns they regularly play with and love to min/max builds. 

I agree with op i have most of the weapons in the game 2100 formas used in my account and i feel grinding another 2k SE is kinda high. You will not complain about this if you still having your SE from odin or ophellia or even those 150SE per hour from smeeta buff from one week ago. In my case i didnt bank 3k SE, i burn it in kuva some weeks ago (my peak was 5k or something), and its fine. Lets be clear here its an end game content, grind is high and the result its not very good. The only part i agree with those pepega answers is when you say stronger weapons will be even more stronger and bad weapons will be the same. Melee still king, and the whole point of this changes its about high lvl enemies and not a exterminate sp alert, because in that case bramma and saryn can finish the misiom in the same time of a regular fisure. 

Archived