Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli, first case of fodder warframe?

Vafthrudnir

Subpar CC, impact damage, blast damage, short range slash damage.

UNmoddable K-Drive on the K-Drive warframe???????????

What matters if the mods are locked behind ventkids, pretty much everything is locked behind other stuff.

If you are worried this much about it, make mods droppable from races, who does races anyway when you are maxed? Unless for competition.

Merulina should have double the modding section to fit offensive mods and style mods.

1)Sea Snares Is an inferior bad spores or tesla granades, at least have them spread a little when pop still with a considerable cap, or have only one of the engulf a whole enemy like a water sphere, enemy floating in T pose drowning.

2)Merulina Is an inferior mobility/survival, you could have the reduction increase with mobility such as gauss or scale with the amount of sea snares(1), no vacuum, no enemy radar, camera angle blocks aim, no primary, again no mods??????

3)Acquablades Is an inferior "damage", I was expecting a massive water glaive or something that actually increases damage with a armor shred or vulnerability, or again no mods??? Have it inherit mods like gara's 1 maybe, or you know, make it moddable and to make it worse the range is fixed, both on the area of damage and the distance from the frame with no way to control it.

4)Riptide Is an inferior vortex, no shredding or damage increase, does it group stuff marked from the sea snares(1) with increased range at least? No. Perhaps have it hold all the enemies caught in a massive water sphere, swirling inside it randomly.

She is supposed to be a warframe about water, yet she doesn't do anything with it. No waves, no real vortexes, no rain, no water squirts, no bodies of water, just inferior copies of other warframe skills, send her back to the drowing board please.

This was so rushed her signature weapon does nothing extra in her hands.

Why water in this game is bad, it's almost as it is watered down.

Sorry sad text, but really this is a huge letdown.

TL;DR: She bad, rework, redesign, fast release is bad, worst warfame at release so far.

Edit: comments have made me realize she's even worse, added more complaints about her 3.

Edit: News, she has been buffed, but not in the useful ways proposed so she's still bad.

Spoiler

Yareli Changes:

Time for some Yareli Buffs! Your feedback has been heard and implemented in the way of buffs to Yarelis kit.

Passive: 

• Doubled Critical Chance amount from 100% to 200%. 

Sea Snares:

• Increased the number of Sea Snares created per ability cast to 5 (you can still have 15 maximum at once)

• Changed Damage type to Cold.

• Sea Snares deal damage-over-time to enemies caught within - we’ve upped the Damage Increase per second from 80 to 125.

Aquablades:

• Doubled the base Damage from 250 to 500. 

• Increased Duration to 30 seconds.

Riptide:

• Changed Damage type to Cold.

• Doubled the Damage Scaling per enemy caught within Riptide from 25% to 50%. 

• Reduced impulse on enemies after Riptide explodes so they don’t get thrown as far away.

Increasing base damage still won't complement weapon gameplay and survival and mobility is still untouched, limits everywhere, she still brings nothing to the table.

Perhaps what should be understood is that in this game a skillset that just does damage without employing shreds or % boosts is pointless.

Back to the drawing board please.

It's not unusual for DE to release things, especially frames and especially frames with unique gimmicks like this, undertuned. It's not ideal by any stretch, but it's really hard to hit things as being perfectly balanced first try, and they've been burned several times from failing to do so in the 'overtuned' direction and having to nerf later by some of the worst vitriol they've ever received. Like, if you think any of the existing melee stuff is bad, you should have checked out the forums for the Bramma and Catchmoon fiascoes. 

There’s been several frames that release in extremely bad states.

Xaku was like that.

Titania was like that.

Revenant was and still is like that.

Khora was like that.

Yareli being weak is nothing surprising. I just don’t know how DE intends to buff her as her abilities don’t really lend themselves to synergies.

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Then offer better feedback. Because this is a terrible post. 

Short range slash damage? Did you know range mods exist? 

What was your build? 

I should have specified and I will, the blades damage area has fixed range span, unaffected by mods.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

It's not unusual for DE to release things, especially frames and especially frames with unique gimmicks like this, undertuned. It's not ideal by any stretch, but it's really hard to hit things as being perfectly balanced first try, and they've been burned several times from failing to do so in the 'overtuned' direction and having to nerf later by some of the worst vitriol they've ever received. Like, if you think any of the existing melee stuff is bad, you should have checked out the forums for the Bramma and Catchmoon fiascoes. 

Ok but in this case there's no gimmicks aside from a underperforming K-drive and that's basically it.

8 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

Ok but in this case there's no gimmicks aside from a underperforming K-drive and that's basically it.

Her having a K-drive is her gimmick, much like how Khora having Venari is her gimmick.

15 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

first? more like 30th. ask yourself how many frames you even remember, much less use.

I do enjoy the others but she fell in the Hydroid, Inaros category, and she does even less. how is this possible?

Definitely not the first, but she is very notable in how fodder she is at the moment.

Her first ability is okay. Fire and forget CC, it's overall acceptable, if a bit boring and unimpressive.

Then her second ability goes very far off the deep end, because Merulina is terrible to control. K-Drives are a little clunky compared to the snappy, responsive controls of a Warframe, but it feels like Merulina exacerbates the worst parts. There's incredible inertia and I feel like there's turning circles, too? There's -no- air control, which is a pain when trying to do fast-paced, precision platforming in some areas, and while the added jump height helps in some areas, it is a pain in the neck in most. This makes the ability altogether quite painful to use, and that's not even mentioning that it locks away your primary. And all you get is the exact same effect as Warding Halo, which has all of the benefits and none of the drawbacks.

If Merulina did something of value, like empowering your abilities, or maybe it cast its own abilities off of doing tricks, this ability would be more worthy of consideration. As it is, I'm pretty convinced that the best way to play Yareli is to never cast this ability. The lack of control is too burdensome. 

Then there's the third ability and it's downright insulting. It's double digit slash damage.

Double. Digits.

Warframe hasn't revolved around those figures in years, we've added more and more digits to our damage figures, what is this going to do? It's got very restricted range, too, and its range is not moddable, leaving it as an ability that is barely applicable, but when it does apply to an enemy, it really only staggers them a little bit. 

If it has a set duration and cannot be recast, why not make it increase in damage every time it hits an enemy, so that players can use skill to manipulate this ability into doing damage that can maybe even exceed weapons? That might give it some value. Or go the Aurelion Sol route and allow the player to retoggle it to set the blades to a second, range-affected outer orbit, to make it more applicable. You'd still need to account for verticality, but it'd be -something-.

Then there's her fourth ability and it is back to being decidedly 'meh', though it has some rather infuriating shortcomings that really should've been spotted. In theory it could serve as a way to clump enemies together, á la Larva, but that falls apart when the casting animation lasts for the entire duration of the ability, and at the end of it, enemies are scattered about again. Then there's the point that its damage increases as it grabs more enemies, but much like Larva, it struggles to do so consistently, and even if it does manage to grab a bunch, the damage increase is rather negligible. We're dealing with eHP figures in the hundreds of thousands on a regular basis and this thing comes in with a three second cast time for around 7K damage. 

I'd be kind of interested in seeing the base damage increased a little bit, but to have its damage calculation turned exponential. One enemy hit = 1K, two enemies hit = 2K, three enemies hit = 4K, four enemies = 8K, five = 16K, and so on. 

Make a big maelstrom -feel- big. 

Her passive is a weapon mod. I hate it. Weapons already massively overshadow warframes, this just feels like kicking it while it's down. 

Overall, if there's one piece of advice I think I can give DE in regards to Yareli, it's the following:

When playtesting a warframe, don't just do an E Prime run and call it a day. Take it for a lich run in the Kuva fortress and see how it holds up there, instead.

Double digits slash damage is 'meh' on E Prime already, anywhere else, it's a joke. And not the funny kind.

49 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

there is a limit as to how many unique power sets you can make for your game.

That is really no excuse because the list is nowhere near exhausted. And it's especially not an excuse when the weapons team has been showing more innovation, especially since Heart of Deimos. 

1 hour ago, giovanniluca said:

This frame is unique as it's abilities do less than most.

1: snare (yup, unique)

2: k-drive (wow!)

3: damage aura (never had that before, it even has slash! so new)

4: Vortex, but water (yeah... I mean...)

how do you define unique? because this ain't it, chief.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Then offer better feedback. Because this is a terrible post. 

Short range slash damage? Did you know range mods exist? 

What was your build? 

Yeah... her 3 is not affected by range mods my dude. 

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Wait, first case?

Maybe not the first case but easily the worst example by far. Yareli is hands down the worst frame on release that they have ever done. The entire kit is bad. The gimmick does not work in regular missions and her signature weapon is even worse than stug...

If there were an award for hitting every wrong choice this frame would get it. She really is that bad. We are talking zero synergy so she is like a 2014 frame, abilities that do not work in the context of warframe, and a really weird aesthetic. I would say she suffers from being over designed but her kit is as basic as it gets. Not only that but every single ability is crap.

She is indeed quite underpowered and therefore underwhelming. Super basic kit with a lot of preemptive restrictions placed on them from devs' concern (line of sight, damage falloff, full-body casts with long animations, etc etc).

Spoiler

Sea Snares is spam-me to affect up to 15 enemies for the cost of 125 energy. But wait, the globules can home in on the same enemy and do nothing else when they make contact but pop and disappear!

Merulina restricts your weaponry to the sidearm, you are basically in reverse bleedout mode where you can move so fast! Add drifting to your movement with a double jump that reminds me of Tail Wind straight into a wall and staying stuck for a healthy amount of time.

Aquablades is 75 energy for a 4 meter ring that procs 3 Slash if the enemies touch the ring. Except they get staggered away from the ring.

Riptide space program.

40 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

and her signature weapon is even worse than stug...

It's an automatic Zakti with innate Viral and high base multishot. It definitely struggles to do damage in the higher side of content, but to say it's worse than stug is disingenuous, since stug struggles to do damage (or anything else) in all content.

6 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

Merulina should have double the modding section to fit offensive mods and style mods.

Well that wouldn't do anything. 0 times 2 is still 0.

Also, to add some other complaints, Merulina turns off vacuum and enemy radar, and the camera angle of K-Driving results in your Yareli's body blocking whatever you were trying to aim at.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

It's an automatic Zakti with innate Viral and high base multishot. It definitely struggles to do damage in the higher side of content, but to say it's worse than stug is disingenuous, since stug struggles to do damage (or anything else) in all content.

It is more like a shotgun version of stug without the damage multipliers than it is zakti. It doesnt create lingering clouds. It does delayed burst damage and tiny amounts of it at that. I did similar builds between it and stug and stug came out on top. It literally is worse than stug. 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Well that wouldn't do anything. 0 times 2 is still 0.

Also, to add some other complaints, Merulina turns off vacuum and enemy radar, and the camera angle of K-Driving results in your Yareli's body blocking whatever you were trying to aim at.

I did add about the vacuum but I'll mention the rest too.

Archived