Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

11 hours ago, (XBOX)djsith said:

Question..... Not sure if this has been asked,  most likely it has, but the only dumb question is the one that is never asked. Will pc account login become available to console w/o erasing current progress? 

Any chance of being able to link xbox/PC accounts? 

what you're wanting there is called cross save. The plans so far stated are that once cross play is off the ground and working smoothly they are going to look at cross save. DE steve stated that the goal was to be able to merge accounts if you so wanted but we don't know how plausible that will be at this time or how it's going to work. I am also waiting for cross save so that I can hopefully merge my switch, xbox, and pc account.

13 hours ago, Drasiel said:

DE steve stated that the goal was to be able to merge accounts if you so wanted but we don't know how plausible that will be at this time or how it's going to work. I am also waiting for cross save so that I can hopefully merge my switch, xbox, and pc account.

I could honestly do without the save merge, I just want to be able to play my MR28  xbox profile on my computer. My last (and final) xbox fried out over a year ago. XBL/Game Pass stopped being worth it to me several months before my console died, my computer became my main gaming machine. Yes, I have a couple of Primes on my PC account that I am lacking on my xbox account, but after working for so long on xbox, I just don't have the same drive to put in all that effort again on PC, I'm barely MR7 on PC, not to mention that I am clanned up on xbox.

On 2021-07-18 at 3:40 AM, Letter13 said:

Update:

Crossplay/Cross-save is just around the corner!

Key takeaways:

- Xbox/PC only crossplay test (due to similar infrastructure), PlayStation/Switch not yet supported

- Some features unavailable in crossplay (dojo, conclave, friend list and trading)

- Can be enabled in game options on PC and Xbox to join the public test

- Cross Save not yet available; once Crossplay is ironed out, cross-save will be implemented

- Feedback is greatly desired from players who participate (please post in the official announcement thread or in the feedback subforum):

• Include the platform you are playing on
  • Add screenshots/videos of any issues encountered during the test
  • For PC, send your EE.log, which can be found by clicking on the “Get Logs” option under the Diagnostics section of the Settings in the launcher
    • Please attach EE.Log in a Support Ticket with the title “CROSS PLATFORM PLAY BUG” 
  • For PC, detail what happened before any crash occurred when submitting a ticket using Warframe’s crash report tool (it will generate a WAR number)

Happy crossplaying, Tenno!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old content:

Hey folks!

So I'm sure you've all (or mostly all heard) the great news regarding Cross-Play and Cross-Save coming to Warframe soon:

While we do not have all the details yet, this long requested feature is finally making its way to the game (and the moderators will no longer have to lock the monthly/weekly/daily thread asking about it). Folks on different platforms will be able to play together, and users will (presumably) be able to freely transfer their progress between platforms on a whim (or perhaps 'unify' different platform accounts in a similar fashion to some other games, like Destiny, where all linked platform accounts access a singular set of account data stored on DE's servers).

I decided to re-create the megathread of yore (the one from 2018 with 69 pages) with some up-to-date info and a more relevant opening post. Please feel free to discuss and speculate on this upcoming feature here!

Some of the major talking points popping up in the thread:

• Platinum between platforms - Will platinum be merged between platforms, or will platinum bought on one platform remain on that platform? (Think Silver from Destiny 2)
  • Trading & Market Questions - Will players across platforms be able to trade with one another? Or will it be restricted to the platform a player is currently on? The market-scape between platforms is vastly different for platinum prices on some tradeable goods, and cross-save/cross-play may wind up balancing/equalizing prices across platforms
  • TENNOGEN - A real hot topic, seeing as the method of implementation is radically different between PC and Console; will Tennogen skins transfer when moving between platforms? Will PC players be able to purchase Tennogen skins for platinum when playing on consoles?
  • Platform exclusive cosmetics - Similar to Tennogen, will they transfer? In regards to the Obsidian/Jade skins, etc.
  • Method of Cross-Save - Some players have expressed interest in a 'Merge' style of cross-save (where items from multiple platforms are merged/combined) versus more traditional style of 'Overwrite' style of cross-save (where the data of the 'master' account overwrites/overrides the linked accounts of other platforms--think Destiny 2).
  • When it will go live - There are no announced dates for when it will be released, though there is speculation that it may drop with The New War.

This thread will hopefully be able to start compiling some good sets of questions we can field to DE staff for upcoming devstreams. I for one am very eager to hear more about the manner in which cross-save and cross-play will be implemented.

Update: Thanks to @xcrimsonlegendx for the update on goals for linking/merging/cross-saving accounts! 

This was  a nice read with my morning coffee, thanks! :D

- J

Edited by (XBOX)IMM0RTALBLUD

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Sedit This said:

I could honestly do without the save merge, I just want to be able to play my MR28  xbox profile on my computer. My last (and final) xbox fried out over a year ago. XBL/Game Pass stopped being worth it to me several months before my console died, my computer became my main gaming machine. Yes, I have a couple of Primes on my PC account that I am lacking on my xbox account, but after working for so long on xbox, I just don't have the same drive to put in all that effort again on PC, I'm barely MR7 on PC, not to mention that I am clanned up on xbox.

I am in a similar situation, although I played Warframe last night on Xbox without XBL! @@  Nevertheless, I understand how pointless it can sometimes feel to level up another account.

Currently MR8 on PC and MR23 on XBOX, and yeah I look forward to Cross-Save!

- J

• Like 1

How common is the Console bug where the caht box doesnt load and you cannot invite/be invited by other consoles? If im on pc and try invite my friend on switch it just says the the warframe data couldnt be synced because of no internet connection. While him and me both can start any mission and we get put in lobbies without problems. And for some reason we dont end up on the same relay lobby(both have cross play enabled, same region etc.)

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Sedit This said:

the biggest advantage is going to be just being able to move your save between platforms for sure. In my particular situations the merge is important too because I spent money on xbox and I would really like to have that value returned to the account I actually use.

• Like 1

When cross play is fully out is it going to be possible to have other players from other platforms in a clan all together? I'm only asking this because platform that I play on is Xbox and I have personal friends that I know that play on other platforms and we were talking about it and wondering if I'll be able to end up inviting them into my clan. So does anybody know if that's going to end up being possible when all the testing is done with cross play.

I believe they are working on it as one day they are planning for cross save, so the whole cross platform setup has to end up fully unified. I just hope they wont nerf PC spawn rates into the ground for it.

Edited by Vahenir

On 2022-12-03 at 1:31 AM, (PSN)Jason_V_Jade said:

I wonder how many will run away from the psn in favor of the pc collective?

Honestly? 
PC doesnt have the same controller support that Xbox and Playstation have. If you play on console because you prefer gamepads to KB&M theres not gonna be any real reason to switch.

So a friend of mine is asking for more information on this if someone who experience on different platform with all the prime frame and kuva/tenet weapon and material will be transfer to other platform? 

cause I played warframe on ps4 since 238 daily days with all my progress on there and I want to know if merging on pc is a thing where our account will merge into one account?

if DE can probably hint me anything on this information that would be great! If you don’t have one then that fine I mean it is way too soon…

Will cross save transfer console progress to pc?

There's no official news on this but presumably this will be the case because that's what "cross save" means; it means that your progress is shared across all the consoles you play on.

As far as how it will actually work, there is no news on that yet, though at some point next year I assume they'll reveal more.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, (PSN)DiogoH_007 said:
launch the cross save please I just want to play on my account💔

Let say they caved and did it. But because they rushed it, your account got corrupted/overwritten with your other account and you've now lost everything/are stuck with the account you don't want.

What then? 

It's for the best they take their time. Additionally, what if cross save requires you to give up all your platform exclusives?

• Like 7