Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLS FIX ACCESS TO HIGH LEVEL FORTUNA HEISTS.

CaitlynDing

It is absurd to me that you have locked half of the games operator amps behind a max rank with fortuna just because of a couple gyromag things. I just rlly wish there was a way to find these other than heists. plus profit taker being locked behind max rank is absurd and nothing else in the game is like it. U can do the other orb vallis boss whenever u want as long as u discover it and u can also do eidolons as soon as you get your operator. I rlly think such a grind for cetus wisps on Eidolon and to get MAX RANK on fortuna for a massive part of your operator is crazy. Its unfair to expect someone to put in the 100s of hours just to unlock a useable weapon for the operator. I do hope you guys address this soon. Thx

you will need more thana  couple gyrmoag tho. the amps on cetus are ones of the best also, fortuna offers good ones too but cetus it's better imho, for more flexible playstyles than burst. What you want to do with the amp? I can give you cetus configurations for differents situations so you can still run operator content and perform well until you access the heist or DE reduces the entry access (unlikely)

I actually think it's good that you can't just get taxi'd into literally everything.  There are so many players that don't know how a huge section of the game works because they got straight carried through literally everything via well meaning vets that taxi'd them pretty much all the way into end game.  

What I DO think is stupid is the fact that they made things that are completely inaccessible to newer players part of NW challenges.  NW challenges should be accessible by everyone, even if they aren't completable by everyone due to difficulty.  

Also the drop rate on some of the parts that you need to rank up the syndicate is extremely punishing.  Ranking up any syndicate shouldn't be dependent on such awful RNG.  It took me hours and dozens of PT bounty 2 runs to get the parts I needed to rank up.  That wasn't difficulty blocking me, it was RNG.  I was running those bounties in an average of right at 2 minutes door to door by the time they dropped.

As far as amps are concerned, Cetus amps run just fine against Eidolons.  People have been speed running Tricaps since before the Fortuna amps dropped.  I don't hunt often, but most of my hunts were solo and I've solo tri-capped with amps made entirely from Cetus parts.

Hundreds of hours ? Yeah no, not even remotely close.

It's perfectly fine, do the grind, it's supposed to be what you're playing the game for, and it's really not that big of a deal once you get to it properly for a small bit.

If grinding anything feels like such a torture, I'd suggest not playing this game, cause it's what it's built around, and that's not going to change any time soon.

I'll admit that Gyromags are probably the worst of the grinds out there, but it's far from the only bad one.

that said, you don't technically need a fortuna amp for your operator, some of the Eidolon ones work fine. hell, I still run my old 2-1-2 setup, even though it's no longer the meta it's versatile enough to do anything I need: plasmor-style primary fire for Sentients/Stalker resetting, long range alt fire for if I need precision hits. still works fine on Eidolons, but then I don't really hunt them anymore.

Agreed with the other posters here, the Gyromag grind isn't exactly fun but it's even lore-friendly for Vox Solaris to be locked behind max Solaris United rank. The whole schtick is that you have to be trusted by Eudico and the rest before they want to let you in on their heists, which is also entirely logical.

It's far from impossible and the statement that it takes hundreds of hours is either gross exaggeration or you simply haven't gotten a lucky roll of the dice yet. The same analogy goes for Kuva rerolling of rivens, but at least with Gyromag farming it's a far smaller pool of possibilities.

As for Exploiter allowing taxiing while Profit-Taker doesn't - that's an inconsistency I'm pretty sure was enacted to help engagement with Thermia Fractures. The issue with that being that most people have already gotten a supply of Diluted Thermia, their Opticor Vandal and the Dualstat Amalgam base mods; the very same reason that not enough players engage with the event so as to give us Orb Vallis bonuses (making that field on the UI appear entirely worthless).

12 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I actually think it's good that you can't just get taxi'd into literally everything.  There are so many players that don't know how a huge section of the game works because they got straight carried through literally everything via well meaning vets that taxi'd them pretty much all the way into end game.  

In OP's defense grinding for standing till max rank doesn't teach the player anything other then "the game is grindy" .

I personally think the requirement for Profit Taker heist should reduced to rank 3 .

I was redoing mission 2 over and over again to get to rank 3, and by the time I got the gyromag offerings, I had enough parts to get to both ranks 4, 5 MANY times over. It did not feel like a well planned progression system. I would not be surprised if warframe loses some players at that part of the game.

12 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

In OP's defense grinding for standing till max rank doesn't teach the player anything other then "the game is grindy" .

I personally think the requirement for Profit Taker heist should reduced to rank 3 .

I honestly don't like the idea of rank requirements (either syndicate rank or MR.) to gate off content, personally.  I know "it's a multiplayer game" but the only solution I can think of to make sure all content everywhere isn't arbitrarily gated like PT is but also isn't completely full of undergeared, know-nothing luggage is to gate certain content off via solo quests that represent the difficulty you'll be facing so that you actually have to be able to handle the content you're in without getting hard carried.

I carry people all the time and help with build advice and if I'm doing something IRL while playing like eating a sandwich real quick, I'll even sit in QA and do DE's damn job for them and answer questions.  But just once it would be nice to get pubs in a lich mission that are actually capable of handling a lich/sister and the misssions required to run them.  There's a lot to do in this game and new players all want to do the latest thing as soon as they get their starter warframe and it results in a large amount of people all wanting to be carried.

Look at Plague Star.  Look at the forums when it pops up.  Threads always pop up discussing how rude it is to show up to a PS bounty and contribute nothing.  There's zero requirements for most of the game to ensure a player can contribute in the content they're joining and I guess that's why even though I don't like arbitrary gating, especially via grind, that I don't mind PT being gated off.  Even with it being gated off at least half the people I've run with still expect to be carried and despite being forced into learning how the fight works via the bounties you have to do to get into it, still have no idea how to kill PT.  I think we're poking at a much larger issue than anyone wants to discuss.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I think we're poking at a much larger issue than anyone wants to discuss.

The larger issue is that nothing a game company like DE produces can possibly please everyone, all the time.

Nothing more.

Some players will always find fault, no matter what.

The large issue is the fact humans are not a hive mind and have different desires when playing games like this.

DE cannot fix that.

Archived