Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plexus vs Old Avionics screen

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

Since the change of the Railjack Avionics screen to Plexus 'pilot licence' idea, I gave it some time for it to grow on me. It's been a while.

It hasn't grown on me at all.

Look, the old screen felt like a technical drawing, some kind of advanced Meccano set and actually really pretty to look at. Different and a bit special, you know? Like I'd just advanced from a standard footsoldier, learned to fly, then graduated to become a proper space-marine entrusted with a new expensive tin can to take care of.

Now, to me, it feels more like Duplo (big version of Lego designed for younger kids). Dumbed down and simplified... but too much.

I get how it's supposed to be more parallel with the Warframe mod system... but I don't like it.

I want the pretty eye candy back and to feel like I'm actually programming a space ship, not just slotting in a multipass into a taxi.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)General Poke said:

Since the change of the Railjack Intrinsic screen to Plexus 'pilot licence' idea, I gave it some time for it to grow on me. It's been a while.

It hasn't grown on me at all.

Look, the old screen felt like a technical drawing, some kind of advanced Meccano set and actually really pretty to look at. Different and a bit special, you know? Like I'd just advanced from a standard footsoldier, learned to fly, then graduated to become a proper space-marine entrusted with a new expensive tin can to take care of.

Now, to me, it feels more like Duplo (big version of Lego designed for younger kids). Dumbed down and simplified... but too much.

I get how it's supposed to be more parallel with the Warframe mod system... but I don't like it.

I want the pretty eye candy back and to feel like I'm actually programming a space ship, not just slotting in a multipass into a taxi.

Dude, they didn't change the graphics of the intrinsic screen. There is no "old" version. It is still the same. The only things that have changed is Command was added and some of the perks were changed. You must be confusing something else with something else.

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Dude, they didn't change the graphics of the intrinsic screen. There is no "old" version. It is still the same. The only things that have changed is Command was added and some of the perks were changed. You must be confusing something else with something else.

I assume he's actually talking about the avionics screen which was changed to a modding one.

While I too liked the kind of blueprinty feel of it mechanically it was a giant mess. It was hard to tell what ranks your avionics were and what ranks came from the level of the socket, it was hard to tell which avionics were actually equipped when in the submenus to select items, There were so many sub menus and wasted excessive clicks to change things, Many times they used shapes to convey information but they picked shapes that were very similar so the visually impaired struggled. I'm glad we are using the much clearer and more refined mod system, the old avionics looked cool but were a PITA to actually use.

Intrinsic screen ? Or do you mean avionics screen ? I do miss the old avionics screen and some of the complexity.

I do agree that it has been dumbed down (but apparently it's not dumbed enough if I go by the type of players I ocassionally run into in railjack) but I don't think it's all that bad as it is much more familiar.

4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Intrinsic screen ? Or do you mean avionics screen ? I do miss the old avionics screen and some of the complexity.

I do agree that it has been dumbed down (but apparently it's not dumbed enough if I go by the type of players I ocassionally run into in railjack) but I don't think it's all that bad as it is much more familiar.

Oh yeah... avionics, sorry.

The avionics screen was #*!%ing garbage. It obviously was a modding screen but just had significantly less functionality, part of that was taken up by a completely useless schematic of the ship. No drag and drop of mods, upgrading avionics only one step at the time with multiple confirmation screens, no overview what mods you have...

It was trash with the only thought spent about it being how pretty it looks. Pretty UI with no functionality is trash. DE didnt even reinvent the wheel, they downgraded from wheel to a shoddy sled. I am so glad that pile of S#&$ is gone. Modding screen works.

I like the new screen so much better and find it way easier to navigate and use.  Plus it just makes sense to have it look like mods because that's what it is; having an entirely different layout for the exact same system just makes the game needlessly complicated.

Plus the mods in the Plexus do look a bit more shiny, so I think it stands out enough.

In my 30-ish years of doing IT for money, I have never understood the emotional attachments people get to interfaces.

I just don't get it.

I understand we all have our own sense of style and aesthetic, but this emotional attachment to a screen layout in a computer UI simply baffles me.

I switch between so many different UIs for so many different systems and OSes and software per hour that to me, the only thing I notice is when it takes too many clicks to do the thing I need done.

I like for things to look good and all, but getting attached to a game/software/OS UI in 2021 is just asking for disappointment.

The entire software industry is trying to move to an Agile development process that is defined by constant change in an effort to keep things fresh.

I am the guy who laughs and laughs when I hear that the new interface for Facebook has people up in arms...so some pixels moved, BFD...

Archived