Jump to content

(Eidolon) Pub Groups - Be the Better Tenno


Whibbs
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm not super huge into Eidolon hunting, but I dabble from time to time. Don't have a great amp, but it's decent enough that I can at least solo 2, maaaybe 3, Eidolons in one night cycle (definitely not Tridolons >.>).  Got a pretty decent Rubico that helps me speed it up though so it is what it is, I don't complain. Heck, I'm not even max rank with the Quills yet lol. However, my issue is how can some people join a pub group, practically solo the whole thing in a few short minutes with having done 90%+ damage, then complain that everyone else is either "not contributing enough" or "needs to hurry up"?

Don't complain that someone is "too slow" returning to Cetus at the end of a hunt if you're the one that wanted to join a pub group. If it's such an issue, join a clan, find some friends, and run pre-made groups. Those of you that whine because they're not doing what you want and staying behind to kill and loot Vomvalysts for that little extra standing, just stop. That one minute wait time before it pulls in remaining group members is not going to kill you (that's why it's there!), especially when you're already killing Eidolons 100x faster than the whole rest of the group put together.

I've had groups where some people might not even have an archwing launcher, but decided to try out Eidolon hunting because it was new to them. If those types of people are going to get harassed as well, what's to keep them playing the game if they have to deal with those of you that can't wait a measly minute.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand not wanting to sit in recruit chat (waiting around in generally anything, really) for a speedy group of people so you can get as many Tridolons done as possible before night ends, but c'mon, don't complain about waiting 1 minute for someone who's still trying to rank up Quills and doesn't know any better. I've had this happen to me a couple times, and I see it happen to at least one person - in almost every pub group I'm in - who's running a little late.

A general rule of thumb: just because you might be fast at something, know more than someone else, or are generally better than another, doesn't mean you should be a bully to them because they don't meet your expectations. I don't agree with the whole "don't expect much from a pub" crud either, but there's a pretty fine line between helping someone that's falling behind (or suggesting a few tips to maybe speed them up) and just harassing them because you're impatient.

Lose the entitled attitudes and just play the game, don't be a jerk to others unless you want to pay their internet bill cause I'm pretty sure you'd rather not get reported and take the chance of getting banned from chat, or worse. I'll just say, I've seen enough of it and I'm going to start reporting those of you that choose to bully others. It's against the rules, some of you still decide to do it, and there's consequences. Normally I wouldn't react like this, but enough is enough; some of you are plenty old enough to know better. However, if you'd rather pretend otherwise, I'll gladly receive donations for my internet bill ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Whibbs:

Don't complain that someone is "too slow" returning to Cetus at the end of a hunt if you're the one that wanted to join a pub group. If it's such an issue, join a clan, find some friends, and run pre-made groups. Those of you that whine because they're not doing what you want and staying behind to kill and loot Vomvalysts for that little extra standing, just stop. That one minute wait time before it pulls in remaining group members is not going to kill you (that's why it's there!), especially when you're already killing Eidolons 100x faster than the whole rest of the group put together.

Killing voms afterwards is pretty useless, the amount of standing the cores give is laughable. There is a big difference between just not being as fast as someone else to the extraction point and intentionally wasting time.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Whibbs:

I've had groups where some people might not even have an archwing launcher, but decided to try out Eidolon hunting because it was new to them. If those types of people are going to get harassed as well, what's to keep them playing the game if they have to deal with those of you that can't wait a measly minute.

If you dont have an archwing launcher you have no place in tridolon hunts. Come back once you've progressed a little bit more in the game.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Whibbs:

Lose the entitled attitudes and just play the game, don't be a jerk to others unless you want to pay their internet bill cause I'm pretty sure you'd rather not get reported and take the chance of getting banned from chat, or worse. I'll just say, I've seen enough of it and I'm going to start reporting those of you that choose to bully others. It's against the rules, some of you still decide to do it, and there's consequences. Normally I wouldn't react like this, but enough is enough; some of you are plenty old enough to know better. However, if you'd rather pretend otherwise, I'll gladly receive donations for my internet bill ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This sounds like you're just trying to bait people into saying something reportable by intentionally being slow.

If you dont want to get carried and called out for it, upgrade your gear.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Drachnyn said:

Killing voms afterwards is pretty useless, the amount of standing the cores give is laughable. There is a big difference between just not being as fast as someone else to the extraction point and intentionally wasting time.

Regardless of what you, or others, might believe about the standing gain from cores "being laughable," is highly irrelevant to the point I was aiming to make. Harassing players for their decisions on how they want to play/enjoy the game, offers no excuse whatsoever to bully someone because things aren't going as fast as you want them to. I agree, there is a difference between your two points. However, when person A complains that person B needs to hurry up so they can rush onto the next hunt, and person B replies with something along the lines of "I'm just grabbing these cores from the Vomvalysts real quick," for example, neither you or anyone else have the right to continue with harassing that player for how they chose to play. Hence why I stated "I don't agree with the whole "don't expect much from a pub" crud either, but there's a pretty fine line between helping someone that's falling behind (or suggesting a few tips to maybe speed them up) and just harassing them because you're impatient." Or to be blunt, don't be a bully, help the player learn of a better method, OR outright respect how they want to play the game. This is, again, why there is a 1 minute timer before all remaining players are pulled to extraction.

8 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

If you dont have an archwing launcher you have no place in tridolon hunts. Come back once you've progressed a little bit more in the game.

So what you're saying is, even though a player might be new to the game and recently just opened up the ability to start hunting Eidolons, on the off chance that they don't have/don't know what an archwing is, they shouldn't be allowed to try new content? But then you accuse me of:

 

10 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

This sounds like you're just trying to bait people into saying something reportable by intentionally being slow.

Really mature of you. You've quite clearly missed the entire point of my post and are likely part of the problem. You do you, and I'll do me. I have no interest in that nonsense, and if I choose to kill off the remaining Vomvalysts for cores, because that's what I feel like doing to enjoy MY gameplay, no one has any right to harass me about it because they think it's "laughable." Kindly mind your own business and wait the one minute. It's really simple actually, don't intentionally bully/harass someone if you don't want to get reported for it. Obviously it's wrong, so what's to be baited? The people who intentionally, purposefully break the rules? That's on them.

14 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

If you dont want to get carried and called out for it, upgrade your gear.

I believe you've skimmed over the part where I said "...I can at least solo 2, maaaybe 3, Eidolons in one night cycle..." I don't need anyone's carry, I am perfectly capable of doing it on my own, and sometimes I choose otherwise. If that's a problem, then you're more than welcome to leave group if you find that you've joined a pub that I'm in.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Complaining about people's complaints is not constructive. Meta complaining is not allowed. -_-

Insisting that others play how you want them to is not constructive. Following up with harassment because that player refuses is not allowed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Whibbs said:

Insisting that others play how you want them to is not constructive. Following up with harassment because that player refuses is not allowed.

Then be the better tenno and leave the group kek.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Whibbs:

Regardless of what you, or others, might believe about the standing gain from cores "being laughable," is highly irrelevant to the point I was aiming to make. Harassing players for their decisions on how they want to play/enjoy the game, offers no excuse whatsoever to bully someone because things aren't going as fast as you want them to. I agree, there is a difference between your two points. However, when person A complains that person B needs to hurry up so they can rush onto the next hunt, and person B replies with something along the lines of "I'm just grabbing these cores from the Vomvalysts real quick," for example, neither you or anyone else have the right to continue with harassing that player for how they chose to play. Hence why I stated "I don't agree with the whole "don't expect much from a pub" crud either, but there's a pretty fine line between helping someone that's falling behind (or suggesting a few tips to maybe speed them up) and just harassing them because you're impatient." Or to be blunt, don't be a bully, help the player learn of a better method, OR outright respect how they want to play the game. This is, again, why there is a 1 minute timer before all remaining players are pulled to extraction.

There are of course limits to what you can say and that's good, but I can understand getting angry about someone wasting time by picking up vom cores. If you dont understand how irrelevant they are then you are clearly not experienced enough.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Whibbs:

So what you're saying is, even though a player might be new to the game and recently just opened up the ability to start hunting Eidolons, on the off chance that they don't have/don't know what an archwing is, they shouldn't be allowed to try new content? But then you accuse me of:

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. Tridolons is designed for far more experienced players than those who dont even know what the archwing launcher is.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Whibbs:

Really mature of you. You've quite clearly missed the entire point of my post and are likely part of the problem. You do you, and I'll do me. I have no interest in that nonsense, and if I choose to kill off the remaining Vomvalysts for cores, because that's what I feel like doing to enjoy MY gameplay, no one has any right to harass me about it because they think it's "laughable." Kindly mind your own business and wait the one minute. It's really simple actually, don't intentionally bully/harass someone if you don't want to get reported for it. Obviously it's wrong, so what's to be baited? The people who intentionally, purposefully break the rules? That's on them.

People are right to be upset when you waste their time. Not everyone has the self control to never lash out. Just because DE will side with you doesnt mean it's morally correct. Trolling behavior always tries to edge just on the brink of what is allowed to get other people to overstep. Your gameplay affects other people and with how limiting the time constraints are, that minute that you are wasting could be the hydrolyst kill on the next attempt or not. The problem is that you are wasting it intentionally by picking up useless vom cores.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Whibbs:

I believe you've skimmed over the part where I said "...I can at least solo 2, maaaybe 3, Eidolons in one night cycle..." I don't need anyone's carry, I am perfectly capable of doing it on my own, and sometimes I choose otherwise. If that's a problem, then you're more than welcome to leave group if you find that you've joined a pub that I'm in.

I have read that part, I've also read the part where you said "(definitely not Tridolons >.>)" right afterwards. Teralyst is so much easier than the other two, it's insane. You clearly need the carry on tridolons.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you’ve kicked the hornet’s nest, @Whibbs. To negatively impact efficiency is kind of looked down on by other players; they’re trying to avoid slogging through the missions yet again if they can help it.

Your best bet is probably to play solo or with a premade, I’m afraid, since multiplayer is reserved for those who can do the fights fast

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

There are of course limits to what you can say and that's good, but I can understand getting angry about someone wasting time by picking up vom cores. If you dont understand how irrelevant they are then you are clearly not experienced enough.

I can understand getting angry about that too, but considering it is a part of the game, there is no reason to bully over it. If the cores are so irrelevant that no player should dare pick them up so as to avoid creating a situation where one might harass another, then the cores should be removed from the game, or the standing gain be increased. Seeing as my OP isn't offering suggestions to fix the game, but to instead advise that some players refrain from breaking the rules, then "experience" has nothing to do with the equation because Tridolons are not the only source of finding cores and there is no reason why someone who can at least hold there own in single Eidolon hunts can't pick them up without worry of being harassed for it.

6 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. Tridolons is designed for far more experienced players than those who dont even know what the archwing launcher is.

I never spoke solely of Tridolons, and Eidolon hunting in general is not the only time that the archwing launcher debacle comes into play. Although rarely, I have seen it happen in the low level bounties, which is truly childish.

 

8 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

People are right to be upset when you waste their time. Not everyone has the self control to never lash out. Just because DE will side with you doesnt mean it's morally correct. Trolling behavior always tries to edge just on the brink of what is allowed to get other people to overstep. Your gameplay affects other people and with how limiting the time constraints are, that minute that you are wasting could be the hydrolyst kill on the next attempt or not. The problem is that you are wasting it intentionally by picking up useless vom cores.

It's perfectly fine to be upset from the perspective of someone who's "more experience" and doesn't care how others want to play. You speak of "morally correct" but what you say has nothing to do with morals. If one wanted to be morally correct, then they wouldn't try to decide what is right or wrong for someone else to do when it is in fact a part of the game and there is no rule stating otherwise. Sure, it might suck that you have to wait 60 seconds, but that is part of the game and everyone needs to respect that. Harassing a player because of it, is not going to help. So here's a portion you obviously didn't regard to be important:

Just because you might be fast at something, know more than someone else, or are generally better than another, doesn't mean you should be a bully to them because they don't meet your expectations.

 

13 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I have read that part, I've also read the part where you said "(definitely not Tridolons >.>)" right afterwards. Teralyst is so much easier than the other two, it's insane. You clearly need the carry on tridolons.

Whether or not I can solo a Tridolon is completely beyond the entire point of this post. Now you're just assuming my ability to certain aspects of the game, and whether or not I can do it is of no concern to you. To be frank, I don't need a carry for Tridolon, I simply choose not to solo because I don't have to. Is that a problem for you? Shall I stop playing that part of the game because I don't meet your standards of play? This is exactly the point I have been trying to make. Players such as yourself continue to belittle and talk down to those that aren't like you, just because you can. There is absolutely zero regard for the players who just want to play the game how they want to play it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my issues with tridolons is the timegate of night. Because of that restriction I think it's where you'll see the most toxic players, they removed that system in future open worlds but didn't retrospectively fix it in tridolons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I think you’ve kicked the hornet’s nest, @Whibbs. To negatively impact efficiency is kind of looked down on by other players; they’re trying to avoid slogging through the missions yet again if they can help it.

Your best bet is probably to play solo or with a premade, I’m afraid, since multiplayer is reserved for those who can do the fights fast

I'm glad I've kicked the nest. Let people argue my point, if anything, it's only proving me right. If people wanted to be truly "efficient" then they would make their own pre-made groups and not risk there being someone in a pub to slow them down. I'm not sure where it states that "multiplayer is reserved..." but that still doesn't excuse harassment. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Whibbs said:

I'm glad I've kicked the nest. Let people argue my point, if anything, it's only proving me right. If people wanted to be truly "efficient" then they would make their own pre-made groups and not risk there being someone in a pub to slow them down. I'm not sure where it states that "multiplayer is reserved..." but that still doesn't excuse harassment. 

Hm. Just be aware that you may find yourself in their shoes in the future; capable of killing so efficiently (because why wouldn’t you equip an overpowered build to make things easier?) that the only challenge left is to beat the last attempts kills within the time limit. When you’re faced with not making it to your goal because some rando was enjoying themselves and learning, it may be hard to stick to your multiplayer philosophy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

One of my issues with tridolons is the timegate of night. Because of that restriction I think it's where you'll see the most toxic players, they removed that system in future open worlds but didn't retrospectively fix it in tridolons.

I rarely ever even do Tridolons tbh, I just don't see the point of it. But I'm also not afraid to admit that I don't know everything about it Eidolon hunting to say that one has it's advantages over the other. All I know is that whether it's Eidolon hunting, Tridolon hunting, bounties, or star chart missions in general, there is always someone who feels the need to harass another player because they're not doing what that person wants. It's immature, against the rules, and the point of my OP was to basically state that enough is enough. Like someone else so crudely assumed, I'm not trying to bait anyone, but I sure as heck am not going to deal with it anymore.

Some may think that I'm joking about paying my internet bill, but until they do, not a single person has any right to tell me, or anyone else, how to play the game so long as I'm playing it by the rules. Just because it's not "player decided efficiency" mumbo jumbo, doesn't mean I'm going to follow it.

If I'm in a mission and everyone else is waiting at extraction, I'm not going to skip out picking up an amber star because one person is impatient and rude. If I know how much daily standing I have left, and can calculate in my head the total standing gain from turning in the cores I've earned so far during the current Eidolon hunt, I will pick up the remaining Intact Cores until I know I have exactly enough to cap my standing so I don't have to run an entirely new Eidolon hunt just to appease someone else's impatience and avoid the potential harassment.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Whibbs:

I can understand getting angry about that too, but considering it is a part of the game, there is no reason to bully over it. If the cores are so irrelevant that no player should dare pick them up so as to avoid creating a situation where one might harass another, then the cores should be removed from the game, or the standing gain be increased. Seeing as my OP isn't offering suggestions to fix the game, but to instead advise that some players refrain from breaking the rules, then "experience" has nothing to do with the equation because Tridolons are not the only source of finding cores and there is no reason why someone who can at least hold there own in single Eidolon hunts can't pick them up without worry of being harassed for it.

I never spoke solely of Tridolons, and Eidolon hunting in general is not the only time that the archwing launcher debacle comes into play. Although rarely, I have seen it happen in the low level bounties, which is truly childish.

 

It's perfectly fine to be upset from the perspective of someone who's "more experience" and doesn't care how others want to play. You speak of "morally correct" but what you say has nothing to do with morals. If one wanted to be morally correct, then they wouldn't try to decide what is right or wrong for someone else to do when it is in fact a part of the game and there is no rule stating otherwise. Sure, it might suck that you have to wait 60 seconds, but that is part of the game and everyone needs to respect that. Harassing a player because of it, is not going to help. So here's a portion you obviously didn't regard to be important:

Just because you might be fast at something, know more than someone else, or are generally better than another, doesn't mean you should be a bully to them because they don't meet your expectations.

 

Whether or not I can solo a Tridolon is completely beyond the entire point of this post. Now you're just assuming my ability to certain aspects of the game, and whether or not I can do it is of no concern to you. To be frank, I don't need a carry for Tridolon, I simply choose not to solo because I don't have to. Is that a problem for you? Shall I stop playing that part of the game because I don't meet your standards of play? This is exactly the point I have been trying to make. Players such as yourself continue to belittle and talk down to those that aren't like you, just because you can. There is absolutely zero regard for the players who just want to play the game how they want to play it. 

Building limbo for max range stasis in a defense mission is also part of the game and it is without a doubt the wrong way to play. This whole principle of "I play the game how I want to play it" stops working when you go into public groups. People are making the tradeoff of only getting like 2 or 3 tridolon hunts in per night in exchange for not having to deal with recruitment chat. You're acting like more experience players are not adjusting for slower people at all.

There is a big difference between someone not being experienced yet but open to learning and improving and people like you who shut everything down by saying you dont pay my sub I play how I want.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with you OP. 

I have the best amp set ups, can solo Tridolon, yadda yadda. Still agree. In fact, I actually get a bit excited when I get paired with players that seem new or inexperienced with Eidolon's. More fun that way. I mean its fun anyway usually, today i got paired in a PUG that consisted of a Trinity and two Chroma (I was the Volt) and we slammed Tridolon. They were great too, but something a bit more special about helping someone who you know needs the help. They will ask questions, be confused, be grateful, send friend requests, its great! 

Whether someone is efficient or not efficient is a seperate issue to whether someone is going to have attitude, and how they justify that attitude. Unfortunately the set up of Eidolon's doesn't really help either, time restraints and all that. I tend to think if you want efficiency you got to make a pre made organised group. After all if you don't arrange and organise a group before you head out the doors, you will often end up with an inefficient team mathematically speaking. You go random, PUG/PUB, except new people, people looking to be carried, etc its why I go random. I am usually looking to help.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Building limbo for max range stasis in a defense mission is also part of the game and it is without a doubt the wrong way to play. This whole principle of "I play the game how I want to play it" stops working when you go into public groups. People are making the tradeoff of only getting like 2 or 3 tridolon hunts in per night in exchange for not having to deal with recruitment chat. You're acting like more experience players are not adjusting for slower people at all.

There is a big difference between someone not being experienced yet but open to learning and improving and people like you who shut everything down by saying you dont pay my sub I play how I want.

I disagree, recruitment chat is for creating pre-made groups so as to avoid a random assortment of players of unknown skill/experience. Just because some players "don't want to deal with it," that gives them the right to get angry and harass others when they get a potentially less knowledgeable/experienced player in a randomly generated group? Because THEY "didn't want to deal with recruitment chat"?? If they want to be lazy and not "deal with recruitment chat," that's on them. No other player deserves to be harassed because of it. I am not going to stop picking up Intact Cores in a randomly generated pub group, when I've decided for myself that I need x amount more to cap out my standing, because a more experienced player wants me play by their rules. You, and others who agree with you, can not like my choice all you want, but it still does not defend nor excuse harassment.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I agree with you OP. 

I have the best amp set ups, can solo Tridolon, yadda yadda. Still agree. In fact, I actually get a bit excited when I get paired with players that seem new or inexperienced with Eidolon's. More fun that way. I mean its fun anyway usually, today i got paired in a PUG that consisted of a Trinity and two Chroma (I was the Volt) and we slammed Tridolon. They were great too, but something a bit more special about helping someone who you know needs the help. They will ask questions, be confused, be grateful, send friend requests, its great! 

Exactly! Even I run into players during content where I might know more than them. If I see them wandering a bit, I give it a minute to see if they catch on, and if they don't, I offer some immediate advice and see if they can pick it up themselves from there. There is never a time where I have harassed someone for being "bad" or "slow" at a certain aspect of the game, because I know at one point I've been there too. If it's so truly unbearable, I just leave for Pete's sake. There is no defense or excuse to ever bully or harass someone. My initial post is, if absolutely nothing else, a warning to those that insist on being rude to less experience players, and advice to simply not be so.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Whether someone is efficient or not efficient is a seperate issue to whether someone is going to have attitude, and how they justify that attitude. Unfortunately the set up of Eidolon's doesn't really help either, time restraints and all that. I tend to think if you want efficiency you got to make a pre made organised group. After all if you don't arrange and organise a group before you head out the doors, you will often end up with an inefficient team mathematically speaking. You go random, PUG/PUB, except new people, people looking to be carried, etc its why I go random. I am usually looking to help.  

Exactly why I don't why some others are trying to defend themselves, or others. If one chooses to skip recruitment chat and go for the pub group, then they are literally taking the chance of getting at least one person in their group that doesn't play how they do. There is simply never a reason to harass another player, even more so when one chose to join a random group in the first place. If they wanted "perfect efficiency" then they should have chose pre-made where they could guarantee the gameplay they desire.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I don't like Eidolons just do them for nightwave and I don't mind carrying random people through the bounty but they should at least know how it works and also have not a mote amp, at least some effort needs to be inserted

Oh for sure. I'm by no means a newb gamer, so when I first tried out Eidolons myself a year or so ago, I actually went solo first just to see what it was all about. Obviously never ended up finishing that though with just a mote amp lmao. Ended up taking some time off from the game for non-game related reasons, but once I came back one of the first few things I did was start ranking up the Quills and getting a better amp.

I still don't think it's all that great, but I'm at least doing a LOT better than the mote. Having a fully decked out Rubico also helps, I'm sure. But the point stands I suppose. I definitely do more than my fair share during Eidolon hunts, so personally, I don't see why the 1-minute wait time for others is such a big deal. It's not like Night time ceases to exist once it ends, and nothing warrants being harassed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Whibbs said:

However, my issue is how can some people join a pub group, practically solo the whole thing in a few short minutes with having done 90%+ damage, then complain that everyone else is either "not contributing enough" or "needs to hurry up"?

It's not just Eidolon Hunts... All missions that are Profitable attract these types of players.... 

The assumption is you are doing the activity to get the loot and so you would want to optimise your performance to increase the number of runs you can do...

2 hours ago, Whibbs said:

 

Don't complain that someone is "too slow" returning to Cetus at the end of a hunt if you're the one that wanted to join a pub group. If it's such an issue, join a clan, find some friends, and run pre-made groups.

Sometimes that's not an option for those players....

2 hours ago, Whibbs said:

 

I've had groups where some people might not even have an archwing launcher, but decided to try out Eidolon hunting because it was new to them. If those types of people are going to get harassed as well, what's to keep them playing the game if they have to deal with those of you that can't wait a measly minute

They don't care.... Infact they like it when these players quit because it "Purifies the Hunter Pool !" 😱

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

It's not just Eidolon Hunts... All missions that are Profitable attract these types of players....

Sadly...

 

6 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

The assumption is you are doing the activity to get the loot and so you would want to optimise your performance to increase the number of runs you can do...

Understandable, sure, but only half of the argument I've tried to make thus far. I'm all for maximizing performance, and in my eyes, the two Intact Cores are indeed worth it when I'm sitting on enough of the other resources to craft Exceptional Cores.

For me, doing that saves more time to do other content as opposed to killing an extra Eidolon. I'd rather collect the Intact Cores during an Eidolon hunt instead of going out for a free roam to collect them. Considering waiting one minute isn't the end of the world, when others dismiss my methods of "efficiency" or harass me because they view theirs as better or see it as I'm wasting their time, it's just rude.

12 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Sometimes that's not an option for those players....

I choose pub groups because it is indeed faster with more people, even if they are less capable than myself; every bit helps. In the time I save doing a pub group, and with the Intact Cores I insist on collecting, I limit the amount of time I have to spend Eidolon hunting throughout an entire week, not just a day. I'm in no rush to farm up whatever it is people are so bent over trying to farm as fast as possible (I assume arcanes, obviously).

To put it bluntly, if people don't want to get reported for harassment, then don't do it. But I'm not going to add an additional xx amount of time to my gameplay, farming solo each day, because some rude individuals want to skip a 1-minute timer. It was all designed and implemented as is for a reason, and no amount of complaints or counter-arguments are going to make me believe otherwise. Recruitment chat, joining a clan, finding friends: those are indeed the best option if players want the utmost efficiency, and if they're "not an option," well, I'm sorry but that still doesn't warrant any form of harassment or bullying.

22 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

They don't care.... Infact they like it when these players quit because it "Purifies the Hunter Pool !" 😱

Unfortunately I know that all too well. It's like that with any online game. "Knock out the weak, the competition" and it all goes their way, right? Sure, but I doubt that's what DE wants for Warframe. Aside from a lot of monetary reasons and certainly other things as well, a bad player community is a large reason why many games can die out. Nobody wants to play a game where other players attack them for how they play. It's a turn-off and it's not like there's any other good games out there nowadays, Imo.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Public groups are a free-for-all. There is no mechanism to control the situation. You enter a public group accepting that anything can happen. I had to realize this myself and although frustrating at times, that is how it is. Knowing and accepting this helps to mitigate frustration. I've gone into a Plague Star and have the whole team bail. Sometimes in Railjack a random player will jump into the forward gunner spot and just stay there, don't know why, it's boring down there.

A precision team with clear objectives is rarely found on public. That being said, 9 out of 10 missions progress amicably and are resolved to everyone's advantage. Would love to blaze through every Plague Star and collect maximum standing everytime, but that isn't possible. Eidolon is even more complicated and you can't learn by just watching youtube, and imagine just going in raw completely unprepared. Little things like building an Amp are near impossible to figure out on your own. You need to experiment and public sessions is where that starts. Inevitably better players carry less experienced players in public. You can't upgrade your amp unless you fight Eidolons so inevitably there will be an ineffectual player, but as long as they try...but even if they don't there is nothing to be done about it, other than assist and encourage when possible.

As far as bullying goes, well that is just a sign of narcissistic tendencies and most bullies can't help themselves, which is why they are in public, cause they have no friends. Ironically they aren't team players even though they complain about team playing. They are the heroes of the story playing in their head and are justified in being crude or cruel by their delusions. Mostly they are lonely, so offer them a hug, and then carry-on. If you need that Sentient Core then go get it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Beowulf Tyr said:

Public groups are a free-for-all. There is no mechanism to control the situation. You enter a public group accepting that anything can happen. I had to realize this myself and although frustrating at times, that is how it is. Knowing and accepting this helps to mitigate frustration. I've gone into a Plague Star and have the whole team bail. Sometimes in Railjack a random player will jump into the forward gunner spot and just stay there, don't know why, it's boring down there.

A precision team with clear objectives is rarely found on public. That being said, 9 out of 10 missions progress amicably and are resolved to everyone's advantage. Would love to blaze through every Plague Star and collect maximum standing everytime, but that isn't possible. Eidolon is even more complicated and you can't learn by just watching youtube, and imagine just going in raw completely unprepared. Little things like building an Amp are near impossible to figure out on your own. You need to experiment and public sessions is where that starts. Inevitably better players carry less experienced players in public. You can't upgrade your amp unless you fight Eidolons so inevitably there will be an ineffectual player, but as long as they try...but even if they don't there is nothing to be done about it, other than assist and encourage when possible.

As far as bullying goes, well that is just a sign of narcissistic tendencies and most bullies can't help themselves, which is why they are in public, cause they have no friends. Ironically they aren't team players even though they complain about team playing. They are the heroes of the story playing in their head and are justified in being crude or cruel by their delusions. Mostly they are lonely, so offer them a hug, and then carry-on. If you need that Sentient Core then go get it.

Could not have said it better myself!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

If you dont have an archwing launcher you have no place in tridolon hunts.

 

I don't disagree, Drachnyn, however, cut them some slack. Personally, I've clicked and gotten into many missions where I obviously wasn't prepared for the mission. Didn't know how unprepared I was until I got into the mission.

Now, if I keep jumping into that mission without trying to be better equipped or prepared - that's a problem.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Killing voms afterwards is pretty useless, the amount of standing the cores give is laughable. There is a big difference between just not being as fast as someone else to the extraction point and intentionally wasting time.

If you dont have an archwing launcher you have no place in tridolon hunts. Come back once you've progressed a little bit more in the game.

This sounds like you're just trying to bait people into saying something reportable by intentionally being slow.

If you dont want to get carried and called out for it, upgrade your gear.

Found the 500+ tricap recruiting chat poster

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...