Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee has bugged "damage dealt" stat?

4thBro

Super inconsequential, but I like to check game stats just as something to do, or compete over for fun.

Played a game with a Banshee. Seems she bugs out the damage dealt stat? If I were to guess, I'd say either all of our damage was going towards hers (perhaps if we hit weak spot, it counts for her), or perhaps her overkill damage was counting for some reason (which it normally does not).

My guess is the former.

Similarly, when I played a long time ago, Mirage was bugged, and the damage her clones dealt would not count towards anyone's damage at all. Theoretically, you could have literally all the kills but have 0% damage. Not sure if this was ever fixed.

overkill can most definitely count on the Scoreboard.
for example i find amusement in taking the Shield role in Eidolons generally but then firing one shot at the final Hyrolyst stage so that i can have like 75%+ of the Damage Dealt on the Scoreboard despite having only used my Weapons once in the entire Mission. (since dealing Shield Damage to Eidolons doesn't count on the Scoreboard)

25 minutes ago, KittySkin said:

Overkill damage DO count toward damage dealt, thats why you can find people with almost no kills, but 90% of damage dealt. Banshee its a great example of that.

No, the reason damage and kills won't line up is because enemy health pool is the cap damage that will count towards your damage dealt stat. So if someone, say, kills a Nox, their damage dealt stat will spike up compared to killing tiny normal enemies.

I figured everyone knew this by now. Something I learned as I felt out game after game for a few years a while back. Especially Hydron games, and when I mained old Chroma.

Overkill damage absolutely does not count. Go join a level 1 Earth mission, snipe some guy in the head with millions of damage, then let newbies clear the rest of the map out.

3 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

I mean... Okay.

Go do what I suggest in the rest of the post. The parts you didn't quote.

In fact, I'm gonna go do the same.

You are being very dogmatic, about something others who are also very experienced think of differently. 

There are a ton of variables to account for from you or me doing a random mission, so I am not going to play this kind of silly rhetorical duel. I would like a source for your claim, please. Since you seem so certain over other very experienced players, it should be easy to find one for me. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You are being very dogmatic, about something others who are also very experienced think of differently. 

There are a ton of variables to account for from you or me doing a random mission, so I am not going to play this kind of silly rhetorical duel. I would like a source for your claim, please. Since you seem so certain over other very experienced players, it should be easy to find one for me. 

Of course you're not going to engage. Especially once I post this video proving my point...

Can we stop randomly & vehemently opposing everything I say, now? It's really old.

Overkill damage does not count.

I feel like I have this "debate" with people every year on the forums and in-game.

10 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Of course you're not going to engage. Especially once I post this video proving my point...

Can we stop randomly & vehemently opposing everything I say, now? It's really old.

I feel like I have this "debate" with people every year on the forums and in-game.

Strange, I remember that on old maiming strike times the overkill damage did count, and I noticed it a lot of times, like SERIOUSLY a lot of times, where I killed 2 or 3 enemies and my team never managed to overcome my damage even when I sat AFK for the rest of the mission (survival, 5 minutes).

Also someone mentioned the corruption bug thing, IDK exactly that particular interaction, but some stuff seems to overcome damage cap, since at least in the past, maiming strike build achieved overkill damage with ease (and regularly on a daily basis too).

Maybe its related to a melee interaction? To how the old condition overloaded worked? To how combo counter worked doing the multiplication to damage? I dont know, but a lot of people experienced that before.

Also, more on topic about banshee.
Since banshee can bypass sister's DPS mitigation, could that also provide a bypass to the overkill stop system?
Since the way banshee's damage its calculated seems to mess other math formulas in the game, I wont be amazed that it mess up this one too given specific circunstances (like the banshee player mentioned before).

I played during Maiming Strike. I felt overkill damage never counted for as long as I've played Warframe.

I haven't played WF during its EARLY days, but yeah.

It's possible there used to be more bugs that bugged out the damage stat. Maybe even during my earlier playing time, but just things I never ended up playing with on my random teams.

Who knows.

But so yeah. Overkill does not count. But Banshee seems bugged, and on that note, possibly Mirage still is. (Haven't played Mirage since last time I played & quit.)

16 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

I don't think you understand what a source is. 

You play the victim and take it personally everytime anyone disagrees with you/politely asks for a source, or doesn't see your way clearly immediately. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt at first but it is clear you cannot argue in good faith, so you are right I won't engage with you anymore, but not for the reasons you think. It is because you take disagreement personally, and are unable to have a productive discussion. 

12 minutes ago, KittySkin said:

Strange, I remember that on old maiming strike times the overkill damage did count, and I noticed it a lot of times, like SERIOUSLY a lot of times, where I killed 2 or 3 enemies and my team never managed to overcome my damage even when I sat AFK for the rest of the mission (survival, 5 minutes).

Also someone mentioned the corruption bug thing, IDK exactly that particular interaction, but some stuff seems to overcome damage cap, since at least in the past, maiming strike build achieved overkill damage with ease (and regularly on a daily basis too).

Maybe its related to a melee interaction? To how the old condition overloaded worked? To how combo counter worked doing the multiplication to damage? I dont know, but a lot of people experienced that before.

Yup, I've had similar experiences many times, especially when using bows and sniper rifles and finisher builds.  And I've seen other people in my squads have results like that, although there are  lots of possible explanations there since I don't quiz them afterwards.

I haven't studied it or anything, and I pay less attention to the mission results screen than ever now, so this could just be my flawed or outdated perceptions, but I've always thought overkill damage -sometimes- counts and -sometimes- doesn't.  One idea I've had is that it's a client / host difference, but I really don't know.

edit: or maybe it's a Banshee thing, like the OP speculated.  But...I feel like I've noticed it on other frames too.  /shrug

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Yup, I've had similar experiences many times, especially when using bows and sniper rifles.  And I've seen other people in my squads have results like that, although there are  lots of possible explanations there since I don't quiz them afterwards.

I haven't studied it or anything, and I pay less attention to the mission results screen than ever now, so this could just be my flawed or outdated perceptions, but I've always thought overkill damage -sometimes- counts and -sometimes- doesn't.  One idea I've had is that it's a client / host difference, but I really don't know.

edit: or maybe it's a Banshee thing, like the OP speculated.  But...I feel like I've noticed it on other frames too.  /shrug

Take it with a grain of salt, but I was looking for info on it and a redditor said they tested it a lot (this was only like 8-10 months ago), and that it seemed overkill damage counted on shielded enemies, but not unshielded enemies. Idk if that's at all true either, but imo it adds to the overall mess of speculation/claim/fact/guesswork that surrounds a lot of things in games the devs haven't bothered to officially lay out for us. My guess is sometimes it counts, sometimes it doesn't, but it hardly matters, the mission end screen stats are totally pointless except as a momentary amusement. Anyone who is seriously worried about those stats or the epeen behind them beyond a minor curiosity is being a tad silly. 

8 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

My guess is sometimes it counts, sometimes it doesn't, but it hardly matters, the mission end screen stats are totally pointless except as a momentary amusement. Anyone who is seriously worried about those stats or the epeen behind them beyond a minor curiosity is being a tad silly. 

Oh, I totally agree. I wouldn't think about this topic at all, except that Idle Curiosity is my ult, pretty much.

And 4thBro said at the beginning that it was "totally inconsequential" so it sounds like we all agree on that.

22 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You play the victim and take it personally everytime anyone disagrees with you/politely asks for a source, or doesn't see your way clearly immediately. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt at first but it is clear you cannot argue in good faith, so you are right I won't engage with you anymore, but not for the reasons you think. It is because you take disagreement personally, and are unable to have a productive discussion. 

Sounds like YOU'RE taking it personally...

Tell me what a "source" is. You proclaimed that I was wrong in my statement, and then asked for a source. I show you a video that showcases that I am right. If that is not a source, please tell me what a source is.

Is a source somebody else doing exactly what I did?

Is a source a quote from a DE employee that says, in words, what I showed in video?

What's a source?

I mean, I know you're gone because you won't engage, but please elaborate on this post of yours.

Rofl.

Why can't people ever say, "Whoops, I was wrong. My bad, I apologize for the way I snapped at you."

29 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Is this a 'my pixel peepee is bigger' thread? 

No.

I'm asking if anyone's noticed a bug with a certain Frame. And then it turned to a "debate" about a fundamental mechanic of the game.

----

Man, now this guy's trying to turn his angle into... "Anyone who cares about this cares too much about their epeen."

I just can't win, can I? Rofl.

I might try the same "level 1 mission" test in a Corpus area, but not right now. I'm not expecting different results, but hey, maybe. (Reason for no expectation is because my original viewpoint came from simply playing the game a lot, and developing the natural sense and conclusion. Having played plenty of Corpus levels as well, I feel like I would have noticed "weird" damage stat numbers more often.)

As someone else said, my sense of curiosity is the primary drive. But it is indeed combined with a sense of fun in competing for the endgame damage dealt stat, since that... is fun to me. (Has nothing to do with epeen...)

I have had mixed results at times , and there are multiple factors at play.

Aoe weapons tend to give overkill damage in most instances (they also have that weird accuracy bug) , AR and other hitscan type weapons tend to be spotty based on faction selected. Crits do add to the overkill but status tics are less common. Damage through ability buffs also is a factor.

it also very largely seems to depend on client host interactions. Being a host has a higher possibility of doing more damage , a client has less.

I know I have joined a sniper only survival and managed to get 90% damage in the last 2 minutes by breaking away from the main squad while looking for an exit.

I can't really find a very conclusive formula , but from my own experience where less than 10% kills resulted in 75% damage done does hint towards overkill counting.

2 hours ago, 4thBro said:

No.

I'm asking if anyone's noticed a bug with a certain Frame. And then it turned to a "debate" about a fundamental mechanic of the game.

----

Man, now this guy's trying to turn his angle into... "Anyone who cares about this cares too much about their epeen."

I just can't win, can I? Rofl.

I might try the same "level 1 mission" test in a Corpus area, but not right now. I'm not expecting different results, but hey, maybe. (Reason for no expectation is because my original viewpoint came from simply playing the game a lot, and developing the natural sense and conclusion. Having played plenty of Corpus levels as well, I feel like I would have noticed "weird" damage stat numbers more often.)

As someone else said, my sense of curiosity is the primary drive. But it is indeed combined with a sense of fun in competing for the endgame damage dealt stat, since that... is fun to me. (Has nothing to do with epeen...)

Getting so worked up over a simple question, almost like you actually care if you did most damage so you could feel better about yourself, ofcourse that's preposterous. 

9 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Getting so worked up over a simple question, almost like you actually care if you did most damage so you could feel better about yourself, ofcourse that's preposterous. 

This is so forced...

Find something else to take your anger out on.

oOpS i goT WorKeD uP AgAin oH NooOoOoooo

7 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Source? 

Your personal, anecdotal experience doesn't count, so let's just throw that out right now, shall we? It's irrelevant. 

7 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You are being very dogmatic, about something others who are also very experienced think of differently

6 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

As a point of interest, why is one player's experience (anecdotal evidence) questioned and discarded, whilst other players' experiences (anecdotal evidence) are not? From a third party perspective, you seem to be applying a double standard in your argument. For what it is worth, you weren't polite - you immediately insinuated OP's experience was invalid, not credible, whilst giving credibility to other players' experience.

8 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Super inconsequential, but I like to check game stats just as something to do, or compete over for fun.

Played a game with a Banshee. Seems she bugs out the damage dealt stat? If I were to guess, I'd say either all of our damage was going towards hers (perhaps if we hit weak spot, it counts for her), or perhaps her overkill damage was counting for some reason (which it normally does not).

My guess is the former.

Similarly, when I played a long time ago, Mirage was bugged, and the damage her clones dealt would not count towards anyone's damage at all. Theoretically, you could have literally all the kills but have 0% damage. Not sure if this was ever fixed.

On topic: The damage dealt calculations appear convoluted in my experience. I've had games when using Sniper Rifles or the Chakkhurr as my main source of damage, where I was attributed a far larger potion of the damage dealt than seemed possible given my performance and types of targets killed (50%+ damage dealt, 1/5 - 1/6 total kills).  It seemed as though overdamage played a role in those instances, but of course other bugs or personal bias may have been factors as well.

I've also had games in ESO where a player would clean up the first round, do around 80% of damage dealt, leave and over the course of 3 more rounds, the remaining 3 members of the team quadrupled the kill count (I contributed the largest amount of kills with Hildryn), but our cumulative damage did not even account for 30% of damage dealt over the course of the entire match, according to the stat screen, which, while hilarious, did not make statistical sense.

I did a quick Rescue Mission with randoms on Normal Star Chart (Monoilith, Corpus Faction) before posting. Got a few kills with Chakkhurr and then let the team play catch-up: Forgive the poor cropping and strange stretching of the picture - I was in a rush.

Warframe-Damage-Dealt

Interesting. And I never used that weapon, so I don't have any personal experience invading my analysis.

I'm inclined to believe that, simply, a lot of things are unintentionally recording overkill.

Possibly.

(Still a speculation, but seems to be the most likely, if we assume you didn't randomly kill some big HP enemies that stopped spawning.)

I'll just add another totally unscientific observation that I forgot about last night:  while I sometimes see disproportionate damage dealt percentages with conventional weapons, I -never- (that I can think of) see this with beam weapons,.  And in general not with all kinds of weapons where I'm disproportionately getting my kills through status.   Which is what one might expect if the game stats were sometimes accounting for overkill damage.

Thinking about it some more, I don't believe I see this with ability kills either.   Although I barely use nuke builds at all, so maybe this is also a case of DPS vs alpha strike.

To be clear, on the original topic about Banshee, it is my belief that Banshee's teammates' damage were attributing towards her instead of us. Rather than, her overkill damage was applying.

12 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'll just add another totally unscientific observation that I forgot about last night:  while I sometimes see disproportionate damage dealt percentages with conventional weapons, I -never- (that I can think of) see this with beam weapons,.  And in general not with all kinds of weapons where I'm disproportionately getting my kills through status.   Which is what one might expect if the game stats were sometimes accounting for overkill damage.

Thinking about it some more, I don't believe I see this with ability kills either.   Although I barely use nuke builds at all, so maybe this is also a case of DPS vs alpha strike.

Well, in my video, I overkill a level 1 Grineer, and then a newbie immediately blows me away in damage dealt in just a few kills.

Archived