Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx passive - make enemies always rad

quxier

See... I would be for this, except we already have a frame that has a passive doing what one of their abilities does too, and it's basically redundant because the main ability does it better and has bonus effects for that.

Interfering with aim, though? Not a great passive, we can all agree, especially in the low-level it is... not to mention Xaku does it better.

But from the list of psychic abilities that are available, I would put that passive as 'Precognition', which is the ability to see events that haven't yet happened and act on them. Basically she dodges by simply not being where she sees a shot about to be.

Why not play into that further?

Passive: Precognition. Being able to sense a little time into the future, Nyx is able to react to threats to her life. Nyx has a 20% chance to evade Lethal Damage. 30 Second cool-down.

11 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

See... I would be for this, except we already have a frame that has a passive doing what one of their abilities does too, and it's basically redundant because the main ability does it better and has bonus effects for that.

Which one?

Interfering with aim, though? Not a great passive, we can all agree, especially in the low-level it is... not to mention Xaku does it better.

You mean Void status? Or his 25%/75% evasion? Not great. However applying rad weren't meant for making enemies shoot you less. It was meant to bring chaos. You run ("touching" enemies) and everyone are under Radiation. You go hide yourself and enemies fight each other.

But from the list of psychic abilities that are available, I would put that passive as 'Precognition', which is the ability to see events that haven't yet happened and act on them. Basically she dodges by simply not being where she sees a shot about to be.

Passive: Precognition. Being able to sense a little time into the future, Nyx is able to react to threats to her life. Nyx has a 20% chance to evade Lethal Damage. 30 Second cool-down.

And that's honestly bad. Playing such low chance to avoid death is ridiculous. Not to mention 30 second cooldown. Imagine at low HP (e.g. 1HP left) Heavy gunners shoot at you 20 bullets. Every bullet can kill you. Even 4 bullets are avoided 16 other will massacre you. If you, somehow, avoided them then wait 30 seconds. It's just non-existent weak passive.

She's supposed to be a mastermind, what she really is is a slow tank (4 with augment) with some neat debuff (her 2nd).

You can mess around with her 3rd and have a fun gimmick with her 1st, but that's not really useful during missions rad is not a good CC when you have an objective to defend, and doesn't really help killing things faster. Mind control is dangerous at high level if you don't "kill" the NPC before the spell timeout.

Passive are usually mostly useless except for some exceptions...

Make her passive a damage bonus to ennemies affected by rad status and I'll be happy

18 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yes Yes Yes GIF by StickerGiant

OK to add a bit of context to this gif 

i'm a relatively new JOJO fan alright? and literally King crimson is my favorite stand, so when i saw precognition, i immediately said YES.

NOW, to make it practical and following @Birdframe_Prime's Wonderful idea.

Precognition: Nyx gets a 60% chance to ignore damage from enemies that are not in her line of sight.

a stealthy bombard hiding in your blindspot fires a missile? don't worry you can avoid it with mental power!

38 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

OK to add a bit of context to this gif 

i'm a relatively new JOJO fan alright? and literally King crimson is my favorite stand, so when i saw precognition, i immediately said YES.

What's good in movies or books may not be good in games. At least not in all games.

56 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

NOW, to make it practical and following @Birdframe_Prime's Wonderful idea.

Precognition: Nyx gets a 60% chance to ignore damage from enemies that are not in her line of sight.

a stealthy bombard hiding in your blindspot fires a missile? don't worry you can avoid it with mental power!

That's literally worse Xaku passive. Even his 75% alone isn't good.

I have 40% chance to get hit. Why passives couldn't be non-rng and more reliable? Like Atlas immune to knockdowns while on the ground, Zephyr reduced gravity, Zephyr & Yareli crit buff, Wisp invisibility while in the air. Passives could reliable (not rng) and powerful (e.g. Wisp).

8 hours ago, quxier said:

Which one?

Banshee. Silenced weapons is already done by... Silence. And Silence has the CC and Augment.

8 hours ago, quxier said:

And that's honestly bad. Playing such low chance to avoid death is ridiculous. Not to mention 30 second cooldown. Imagine at low HP (e.g. 1HP left) Heavy gunners shoot at you 20 bullets. Every bullet can kill you. Even 4 bullets are avoided 16 other will massacre you. If you, somehow, avoided them then wait 30 seconds. It's just non-existent weak passive.

Frames are literally surviving on 1 second Invulnerability stages at the moment, and so is Nyx with Shield Gating (when she isn't using Absorb/Assimilate.

Being able to literally cheat death one-in-five times is not a bad passive.

However, I do see your point about RNG passives.

Let's take the 30 Second Cooldown as the actual weakness for the Passive instead and say 'Precognition: Nyx can evade Lethal Damage, gaining 100% Evasion for 2.5 seconds, 30 Second Cooldown'.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Banshee. Silenced weapons is already done by... Silence. And Silence has the CC and Augment.

It seems redundant. I haven't been playing playing Banshe that way so I don't know if there are cases where you you don't need Silence and here passive is useful.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Frames are literally surviving on 1 second Invulnerability stages at the moment, and so is Nyx with Shield Gating (when she isn't using Absorb/Assimilate.

Frames could be immortal by spamming abilities and abusing shield gate. It doesn't mean that everyone uses it and we don't need another protection.

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Being able to literally cheat death one-in-five times is not a bad passive.

However, I do see your point about RNG passives.

Let's take the 30 Second Cooldown as the actual weakness for the Passive instead and say 'Precognition: Nyx can evade Lethal Damage, gaining 100% Evasion for 2.5 seconds, 30 Second Cooldown'.

Cooldowns are random, even more than game version because they takes input from user. You could probably die in remaining 20ish seconds. I would say that 10-15 would be good. However the less seconds cooldown has the more player becomes immortal. Xaku makes it better because with 75% evasion + ~25% from mods or pets. It's very boring (either GoL kills everything so you let pet give you evasion OR you use only heavy attacks) however it's very reliable.

Just now, quxier said:

Cooldowns are random

Okay, now you're being obtuse... how are they random? Yes, you may die in the intervening time, but they're either on or they're off. As in you either have functional immortality, or you have 30 seconds of normal mode.

That's not random, that's entirely predictable. And it takes no input from the user to do, it's the textbook definition of 'passive'.

3 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Okay, now you're being obtuse... how are they random? Yes, you may die in the intervening time, but they're either on or they're off. As in you either have functional immortality, or you have 30 seconds of normal mode.

That's not random, that's entirely predictable. And it takes no input from the user to do, it's the textbook definition of 'passive'.

So can you tell me when I will get 2.5 seconds of immortality? I go to a mission and in, let's say, 2th minute am I immortal or not? You cannot say it. Every action player takes changes when this passive will activate. I could trigger passive by some enemy (some toxic cloud... maybe) and roll to another danger.

By introducing too much stimulus, things may appear random.

16 hours ago, quxier said:

So can you tell me when I will get 2.5 seconds of immortality?

Yes, I can, 100%.

It's when the 30 Second Cooldown is over and thereafter it's available. Guaranteed.

It will trigger when you would take Lethal Damage.

The trigger is 'Lethal Damage' and gives you a window to either kill the source of lethal damage or do something to prevent it happening again, like simply moving away from it. If it triggers, you have to survive as you normally would without that safety net for another 30 seconds, and after that you are protected again.

That's why it's not random; because it's guaranteed.

You either have that Passive available, or you have 30 seconds without it. That is not a random function, it's an 'On' or 'Off' function.

I go into a mission, I am immortal for a given value of immortal, whether that's the 1st minute, the 2nd minute or the 40th minute. What I can't guarantee is when the 30 Seconds of non-immortal will be there. But what I can do is know exactly when it happens, and do something actively to compensate.

::Edit:: It's like going into a mission using Quick Thinking and saying 'I'm immortal, except when I don't have energy' and then getting Magnetic Proc'd at random by an Ancient Disruptor. It can happen, at random, and your immortality is gone.

Archived