Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Twitch Drop Relinking Post-Password Change!

[DE]Megan

Hello, Tenno!

As many of you might be aware of, Twitch recently had a security breach. In the name of safety many users took to resetting their password. 

If you choose to reset your Twitch  password (you should!), you’ll ALSO need to RELINK your Warframe account to your Twitch account to earn Drops, as the password reset requires a reconnect.

Go to https://www.warframe.com/user to simply RELINK.  

While we’re here, we would like to offer this friendly reminder on how to claim your Twitch Drop:

Upon entering the stream while a drop is active, you’ll be greeted with a chat message at the top of the chat window which can be expanded to see more details about the drop at a glance.

By clicking your Twitch icon in the top right, you’ll see a progression bar depicting how close you are towards claiming the Twitch Drop. Clicking the drop will take you to the Drops main page where a more detailed description of the Warframe Twitch Drop can be read.

Once you have met the Twitch Drop criteria (30 minute watch time, etc) a popup in the chat window will appear for you to manually claim your Drop. 

IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory   

You must manually claim the Twitch Drop for it to be delivered.

Once claimed, the Twitch Drop may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered to your linked Warframe account. Once delivered, the familiar face of Teshin will greet you in your in-game Inbox.

Thank you!

• Like 40

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

<snip>

Once claimed, the Twitch Drop may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered to your linked Warframe account. Once delivered, the familiar face of Teshin will greet you in your in-game Inbox.

Thank you!

I love how that sentence gets larger and larger each time it's repeated.

• Like 3

Thanks Meg! 👍 Please consider giving ingame inbox message with this information to spread the news further as i guess not everyone reads forum, but this issue has a huge impact on a lot of players, i guess.

Off-Topic:

Spoiler

Off-Topic: When will Orbiter Deco Capacity be purchaseable for platinum? Sure there is a Dojo, but not everyone has permissions to decorate there, and the Orbiter is a bit more of a personal thing. While I appreciate the Ayatan Zambuka shown for a long time on the table at Old Man Sumbaat in Cetus being available for a while now, will we ever get the Endo-Orbs found next to him for decoration purposes? They just look soooo beautiful! I'm really looking forward to this and getting (hypothetically) a new sink for Endo and other resources :cool:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arridian said:

I'd like to know why do we have to relink our accounts just because of a password reset ? For me it's seems wrong.

Getting a bit OT, but I disagree. The converse would be wrong.

The reason here is that any application using an account (anywhere) can use that account only with a token derived with the help of a secret (your password) known only by the account holder (you). If this wasn't true, there is no way the account holder can be sure they are in control of their account.

In this situation, there was a breach. In worst case scenario, someone abusing the breach has some application running which can access your twitch account data. For this reason, if/when one chances their password, all connections (tokens) to the account should be reset (this is true for all accounts requiring a password, not just twitch - and in any situation when a password is reset; whether there was a breach is somewhat irrelevant, but if anything, this is even more important if there has been a known breach).

Edited by WildPenguin82
TYPO, minor clarification
  • Like 8

à l’instant, WildPenguin82 a dit :

Getting a bit OT, but I disagree. The converse would be wrong.

The reason here is that any application using an account (anywhere) can use that account only with a token derived with the help of a secret (your passowrd) known only by the account holder (you). If this wasn't true, there is no way the account holder can be sure they are in control of their account.

In this situation, there was a breach. In worst case scenario, someone abusing the breach has some application running which can access your twitch account data. For this reason, if/when one chances their password, all connections (tokens) to the account should be reset (this is true for all accounts requiring a password, not just twitch).

Thanks for the clarification !

• Like 2

but but but i haven't received my loki from tennocon 😰

just kidding, please make this as REALLY HUGE banner in the streams:

On 2021-10-07 at 2:02 AM, [DE]Megan said:

like, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HUGE. impossibly huge. 

with glowing RGB. huge arrows and neon cowboy pointing to the text.

we always to try help pointing people in the right directions on this forums. but we can only help so much when they already missed the drops.

On 2021-10-12 at 1:02 AM, Leyvonne said:

Just a heads up; Twitch has forcefully unlinked ALL accounts so check your linking status even if you didn't change password.

Mines still linked, did yours get unlinked by Twitch, did you have 2FA setup, I'm curious.

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

Mines still linked, did yours get unlinked by Twitch, did you have 2FA setup, I'm curious.

I always use 2FA when available. On the day of the hack (and a couple of days after) everything was still linked. Then I saw a PSA on another game's forum about Twitch unlinking all accounts, went to check mine and indeed everything had been unlinked on the Twitch side.

8 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

I always use 2FA when available. On the day of the hack (and a couple of days after) everything was still linked. Then I saw a PSA on another game's forum about Twitch unlinking all accounts, went to check mine and indeed everything had been unlinked on the Twitch side.

Yeah mines still linked, I just looked at mine hence my post time, strange indeed.

Edit:
I'll have a look in my standalone Twitch program.

Edit:
Yep still connected when I look in my standalone program when I refreshed it 8 months ago.

Edited by Slayer-.

• 4 weeks later...