Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want to be better

(PSN)DEAD_LOCK55

Question

2 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

if I saw you irl I’d probably had given you a nice hard finger snap. 

off topic but let’s count the pros of Ignis wraith and the cons.

1. Good for ripping crates open through walls.

2. Has invisible aoe affect that deals around half the damage of the main beam to enemies around the target being shot.

3. Punch through can:

a. Shoot through doors and walls. You can kill enemies without being in the same room as them.

b. Go through several (around 5) targets and damage them all at the same time.

c. Basically guaranteed status.

d. I did a cap of 6.3 m red crit with it once.

4. The lack of ammo consumption is  absolutely absurd. You could kill 50 enemies and not even lose 20 fuel in the mag. 
5. Negative fire rate and accuracy is a positive, so it benefits more from heavy Caliber and critical delay. 
6. You can put firestorm on it.

7…. There is no 7. If there were a 7 it would be “It’s a brilliant weapon”

Lol.... See... You just described exactly why it's better for smashing boxes than it is for killing 😁....

Just now, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

how much?

Set "Ignis Wraith" as your Filter in Trade or Recruit Chat.... Whenever I'm shopping there I occasionally see Clan Warlords giving them away....

il y a 1 minute, Lutesque a dit :

This is News 😲 !!!

You can find even more information here : https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Heat_Damage

Citation

Repeated application of DmgHeatSmall64.png Heat procs do not stack tick damage in the same way other damage over time (DoT) status effects like DmgToxinSmall64.png Toxin, DmgElectricitySmall64.png Electricity, or DmgSlashSmall64.png Slash do. Instead, a DmgHeatSmall64.png Heat proc both adds a stack and refreshes the duration of all currently active heat stacks on the target. This allows for ramping up DmgHeatSmall64.png Heat tick damage indefinitely (scaling up linearly) as long as heat status is kept refreshed within the 6 second effect duration (modified by Status Duration). Additionally, all DmgHeatSmall64.png Heat status stacks are automatically consolidated into one tick of damage per second, with new heat procs refreshing and further adding to this tick damage.

codex is your best friend if you want to find weakness. i did not read what others said so my point could be repeat of others.

basically use helios prime with scanner mod equip which will help scan new enemies you haven't scanned before. this makes it appear on your codex entry under enemies section. that gives you proper info on what their strength and weakness are and you can mod your weapon elements accordingly to that faction or particular enemy like boss type ones.

currently the meta combination is Corrosive + heat (for grineer mostly)  radiation is also used for few enemy variants.

Viral + heat for most enemy faction it's mostly used to infect the status on enemies rather than used as a dps dmg type. like kuva nukor is good weapon for this.

Magnetic + toxin this is for corpus units. who only have shields and health. for armor units you need corrosive dmg type.

so this is a brief info on what elements to use. hope this helps

16 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

this weapon sounds good, should I get it, if so, how do I?

3 options.

1, join a clan with a biiig alliance and ask if anyone can trade you a spare Ignis wraith.

2, join a clan with the Ignis wraith in their dojo (not all clans have it because only certain clans could put it in their dojos). 
3, ask in trade chat. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

2. Has invisible aoe affect that deals around half the damage of the main beam to enemies around the target being shot.

3. Punch through can:

a. Shoot through doors and walls. You can kill enemies without being in the same room as them.

4. The lack of ammo consumption is  absolutely absurd. You could kill 50 enemies and not even lose 20 fuel in the mag. 
5. Negative fire rate and accuracy is a positive, so it benefits more from heavy Caliber and critical delay. 

this weapon sounds good, should I get it, if so, how do I?

6 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I'm not touching That thing.... The Ignis Wraith has one purpose and one purpose only... smashing open boxes.... 

3. Punch through can:

unfortunately one does not simply become better in warframe.

One-Does-Not-Simply.jpg

if anything, they become more knowledgeable.

just like lessons in school, college, or work, you don't read one magic book and become knowledgeable. it's a cumulative result of experiences through reading various stuff and experiencing them.

moreover, warframe is not skill-based, you don't need to be good. give my account to 9 y/o gamers, they'll destroy SP.

weakness in normal starchart is nonsense. just equip slash viral or something, i guarantee 90% of stuff will simply dies. you can equip absolutely wrong elements and still destroy nodes. nobody should waste their time learning these. getting good mods and maxing them out worth way more.

if you ask me, you wanna git gud, then get better gears.
- start with mods. get primed mods from baro, corrupted mods from orokin vaults. 
- then frames. get those nukers. mirage, ember, saryn. get the defensive frames, gara, limbo, frost. the undying, wukong, nezha, nidus, inaros. the invisibles, loki, ivara, ash. use them to finish missions, quests, or to farm for better gears.
- weapons. get the stupid cheap meta stuff. bubonico and co. then kuva and tenet weapons. at this point you should be tackling SP and arbitrations because those weapons are only as good as the mods and arcanes -which you'll get from SP and arbi.
- lastly, you can pimp stuff like mechs, railjack, archwings, archguns. but only invest in these if you have covered your basics. they're there to make strong tennos even stronger, they don't make weak tennos magically strong.

by the time you reach the point where weaknesses matters, you'll have everything memorized you won't even have to learn anything.
take your time, warframe is a marathon, not a sprint. make a list of stuff that you want. if you can't get an item, don't be stressed just move on to the next item on your list. try it again tomorrow.
do one thing at a time. when you're looking for a mod, don't worry about your railjack or archwings. just concentrate about that one mod you want. warframe can easily overwhelm people with no clear goal.

good luck, tenno.

I am grateful for Everybody's response, I will try to note down as many as I can. If you guys don't mind, I would like to ask a few questions that I would like answering; 

1. Since different enemies in the same faction have different weaknesses, how would I be able to prepare for that specific faction? seeing as I can't simply just get the mods for every single enemy in that faction;
  2. I've seen that some enemies have different parts that have their own weaknesses and resistances, e.g, eidolon teralyst, how would you prepare for the enemy? Same kinda problem as question 1 

37 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

You don't identify which are resistances and vulnerabilities by its color alone. Look at their symbols:

• "+" means vulnerability
    • "+", "++", "+++" is "up to 25%", "from 26% to 50%" and "from 51% to 75% respectively
  • "-" means resistance
    • "+", "++", "+++" is "up to 25%", "from 26% to 50%" and "from 51% to 75% respectively

this is what I meant, thanks for the clarification

52 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

I think one of the biggest problem I have is not knowing whether the green + or red - is signifying the enemy's weakness, knowing this piece of intel would help out a lot.

You don't identify which are resistances and vulnerabilities by its color alone. Look at their symbols:

• "+" means vulnerability
  • "-" means resistance
  • I definitely cannot solo an Eidolon on my own, I actually don't know much about taking one down or capturing it;

... Eidolon Soloing is a combination of "gear check" and "mod check". Having a Voidrig helps with Eidolon Soloing as the only "gear check" lands solely on the used Amp (Operator weapon). But, without a Voidrig, Eidolon Soloing does require hefty "gear check" and "mod check" if you decide to just go with pure (unmodded by abilities and/or arcanes) equipment damage.

• I'm having trouble with mods, I currently just put on mods that I think work, e.g., damage mods, I don't really think about the type of weapon or warframe I have;

... Yeah, this is one of the things that new players tend to do and, usually, its a habit I help my Clan Members getting rid of.

You need to... understand your equipment...

Yeah, its a notion not easily grasped because players usually don't see past the "it shoots and it kills stuff" part... So it sounds weird whenever I say "understand your equipment"...

After understanding your equipment, you can start modding to make it better... Which, afterwards, comes the next part: "Know your enemies"...

... Also, its a notion not easily grasped by players because they don't really see past the "They disappear before appearing" part... And when weapons actually become involved, they end up doing nothing useful because, well... They don't know their enemies.

Scanning is required here, although you can use the Wiki to check their vulnerabilities and resistances, but I suggest scanning anyway instead the Wiki... You can use Helios to scan enemies for you (Uses either Codex Scanners or Synthesis Scanner), but its faster (and more rewarding of Simaris Standing if you use a Synthesis Scanner) to scan stuff yourself.

Spoiler

Scanning enemies before being detected by them will provide Simaris standing bonus. The higher their level, the higher is the standing gain.

After knowing your enemies, comes what you're really asking: "Mod against your enemies"...

• I can't take down a kuva lich on my own;

Facing a Kuva Lich requires you to have cleared the steps I mentioned before: "Understand your equipment" and "Know your enemies".

Also, either Kuva Liches or Sisters require specific mod builds to counter them directly and, most of the times, they don't match the Faction vulnerabilities/resistances...

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

This might have something to do with DE Gimping our Weapons because in having The Same Issue....

Amps....

Smeeta Kavat and Helios are the must have Companions... The rest are negotiable....

thanks for your reply, I will try to get those companions, would it also be ok if you can list some mods I should use on them? I'll also try and get a good amp. Could you also let me know whether the + or the - signifies the enemy's weakness?

6 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:
  •  
  • I can't take down a kuva lich on my own

This might have something to do with DE Gimping our Weapons because in having The Same Issue....

7 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:
  •  
  • I haven't gotten a new operator weapon yet, forgot what they were called

Amps....

11 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

I've got some companions, robot and organic

Smeeta Kavat and Helios are the must have Companions... The rest are negotiable....

13 hours ago, FadeToNull said:

If you provide some more detail on where you're at now, you'll get more useful and specific answers.

well, I'm going to state the things I can't do and then the things I can do;

• I definitely cannot solo an Eidolon on my own, I actually don't know much about taking one down or capturing it;
  • I'm having trouble with mods, I currently just put on mods that I think work, e.g., damage mods, I don't really think about the type of weapon or warframe I have;
  • I can't take down a kuva lich on my own;
  • I think one of the biggest problem I have is not knowing whether the green + or red - is signifying the enemy's weakness, knowing this piece of intel would help out a lot.
  • I haven't gotten a new operator weapon yet, forgot what they were called

Now, onto what I can do;

• I'm ok dealing with low level or medium level enemies;
  • I have completed all the main story quests (e.g., The Sacrifice), though not all of them on my own;
  • I have a basic understanding on mods, though there's a lot I don't understand;
  • I've got some companions, robot and organic
  • I have completed the junctions for every planet, though I haven't completed every mission for every planet;
  • I've completed all open world quests;
  • I have my own railjack;

And that's as much as I could remember. Just to clarify, by being 'better' I mean conquering everything I said on the 'can't do' part and more, such as being able to understand mods more.

also, I understand that I have more on the 'can do' list than the 'can't do' list but the stuff on the 'can't do' list are, for me, much more harder than the ones on the 'can do' list

Some of the suggestions are being made based off of an expectation that a player wants to play an easy game. Warframe lets you do that eventually if you want, so if that’s your gig then more power to you.

If you’re not interested in that though, take some things said with a grain of salt; there are other ways to have a fight if overpowering everything gets boring, and learning resistances is a contributing factor to keeping a fight interesting.

Resistances are good because once you learn them, it means you can bring a set of weapons and not have to worry about making one weapon do a hard carry by overpowering innate damage resistances. Usually I equip different elements across my three weapons to help address different enemy resistances within the mission. If you use the scanner and look at enemies, you’ll also notice that there’s a readout that can help remind what enemy is weak to what element/IPS

edit: as an aside, personally I don’t bother with Serration or Hornet Strike or Pressure Point except as a last resort; playing towards resistances can be a lot more fun since the status effects can act like micro modifiers to a fight, and I pay more attention when I don’t have a one-weapon-suits-all

17 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

Could you also let me know whether the + or the - signifies the enemy's weakness?

Each + Signifiies 25% Weakness and Each - Signifies 25% Resistance.... So when you see more than one you just add them up....

19 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

, I will try to get those companions

You can find Helios in your Dojo's Tenno Lab I believe..... It make take 2 Forma judt to craft 😱.... The Smeeta Kavat is RNG... You have to go to a Deimos Node (except Cambion Drift) and keep an eye out for Feral Kavats... When you see one... Pull out your Scanner and scan it for a chance to receive Kavat Genetic Codes.....

36 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

1. Since different enemies in the same faction have different weaknesses, how would I be able to prepare for that specific faction? seeing as I can't simply just get the mods for every single enemy in that faction

You know... You are literally the only Tenno I know of who has bothered to ask this Question...

A perfect example of what you're talking about is The Grineer Factions' Bombard and Heavy Gunners.... Bombards have Alloy Armor whilest Heavy Gunners have Ferrite Armor... In this case the Solution is obvious... You simply mod for Slash as the Slash Status Effect deals damage straight through enemy Armor.....

Unfortunately that's where the Solutions end.... You can't do the same thing against other Factions using just one weapon.... In those Cases you can have one Weapon dedicated to handling specific enemies and another weapon to handle the other ones.... The situation can be made worse if there is yet a potential for a Boss or an Assassin who requires dedicated Modding of their own....  Long time players such as myself we have Option of Heavy Weapons in many cases and Mechs in specific Cases. It won't be that simple for those who haven't played as long....

Sometimes you can use Warframe Abilities to Force otherwise Different Enemies to be more Similar so you don't have to mod your weapons differently.... For example NYX's Psychic Bolts can Temporarily Remove all of an Enemies Armor.... This is useful against the Corpus Faction that have Armored and Shielded Units such as Bursas and Oxium Ospreys.... Thus you can simply hit them with Psychic Bolts to make those enemies like the rest of the enemies....

47 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

I've seen that some enemies have different parts that have their own weaknesses and resistances, e.g, eidolon teralyst, how would you prepare for the enemy? Same kinda problem as question 1 

🤔.... I know of no such Enemy like this.... Well technically the Profit Taker is like that but Can't think of any other kind....

The Terralyst's Shield is Weak to Void Damage and it's Various Body Parts are all weak to Radiation (with the Armor on) or Electricity (with the Armor Completely Removed).

Archived