Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want to be better

(PSN)DEAD_LOCK55

Question

1 minute ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Cmon bro we have 3 weapons. Pull out melee for infested, pull out secondsry for corpus, pull out primary for grineer. I just use a corrosive Ignis wraith. It does the job, and compared to viral it does LESS damage, since corrupted have more armor and less health.

I'm not touching That thing.... The Ignis Wraith has one purpose and one purpose only... smashing open boxes.... 

I wish I could buy Primed Firestorm just so I can make that Task easier but nobody's buying my Wolf Sledge & Nami Skyla Prime Sets 😭....

Which is fine.... It's the Weekend so I'm expecting all the weekend Warriors to come out and see my Wears 😁...

9 hours ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

I know what steel path is, but what's Arbitrations?

A pretty fun game mode that's harder than normal but not overwhelming. It consists of mission types you already know with two basic differences:

1. Rewards:

a) Vitus Essence, which you can exchange for Galvanized Mods

These mods were introduced in June. Of the nine, three are bugged. But the remaining six are powerful and nice to have. You'll like them. However, they aren't required for any content in the game, including Steel Path.

b) Endo

I'd even suggest waiting until you've cleared the star chart to max out your mods because endo becomes easier to get at that point.

2. Game mechanics:

• The missions are all endless (defense, survival, interception, disruption).
  • If you go down you can't self-revive. Your squadmates have to rez you.
  • There are drones that float around with groups of enemies tethered to them. The tethered mobs are invulnerable until you take out the drones. It's the drones that drop Vitus Essence.

11 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

4. Do your homework. Find out how you should build your weapons, check out videos, guides, and over frame. My advice is to find a build that you like, or either copy it or take the idea for it so you just try to make it better for your playstyle.

5. Do your other homework. Research what enemies are weak to and mod your weapons for the appropiate faction and situation.

1. how would I make those builds better for my playstyle, if it works, shouldn't I keep it as it is?

2. for this, I'd have to fill up my codex, unless there's another way

17 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

Could you also let me know whether the + or the - signifies the enemy's weakness?

Each + Signifiies 25% Weakness and Each - Signifies 25% Resistance.... So when you see more than one you just add them up....

19 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

, I will try to get those companions

You can find Helios in your Dojo's Tenno Lab I believe..... It make take 2 Forma judt to craft 😱.... The Smeeta Kavat is RNG... You have to go to a Deimos Node (except Cambion Drift) and keep an eye out for Feral Kavats... When you see one... Pull out your Scanner and scan it for a chance to receive Kavat Genetic Codes.....

36 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

1. Since different enemies in the same faction have different weaknesses, how would I be able to prepare for that specific faction? seeing as I can't simply just get the mods for every single enemy in that faction

You know... You are literally the only Tenno I know of who has bothered to ask this Question...

A perfect example of what you're talking about is The Grineer Factions' Bombard and Heavy Gunners.... Bombards have Alloy Armor whilest Heavy Gunners have Ferrite Armor... In this case the Solution is obvious... You simply mod for Slash as the Slash Status Effect deals damage straight through enemy Armor.....

Unfortunately that's where the Solutions end.... You can't do the same thing against other Factions using just one weapon.... In those Cases you can have one Weapon dedicated to handling specific enemies and another weapon to handle the other ones.... The situation can be made worse if there is yet a potential for a Boss or an Assassin who requires dedicated Modding of their own....  Long time players such as myself we have Option of Heavy Weapons in many cases and Mechs in specific Cases. It won't be that simple for those who haven't played as long....

Sometimes you can use Warframe Abilities to Force otherwise Different Enemies to be more Similar so you don't have to mod your weapons differently.... For example NYX's Psychic Bolts can Temporarily Remove all of an Enemies Armor.... This is useful against the Corpus Faction that have Armored and Shielded Units such as Bursas and Oxium Ospreys.... Thus you can simply hit them with Psychic Bolts to make those enemies like the rest of the enemies....

47 minutes ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

I've seen that some enemies have different parts that have their own weaknesses and resistances, e.g, eidolon teralyst, how would you prepare for the enemy? Same kinda problem as question 1 

🤔.... I know of no such Enemy like this.... Well technically the Profit Taker is like that but Can't think of any other kind....

The Terralyst's Shield is Weak to Void Damage and it's Various Body Parts are all weak to Radiation (with the Armor on) or Electricity (with the Armor Completely Removed).

I am grateful for Everybody's response, I will try to note down as many as I can. If you guys don't mind, I would like to ask a few questions that I would like answering; 

1. Since different enemies in the same faction have different weaknesses, how would I be able to prepare for that specific faction? seeing as I can't simply just get the mods for every single enemy in that faction;
  2. I've seen that some enemies have different parts that have their own weaknesses and resistances, e.g, eidolon teralyst, how would you prepare for the enemy? Same kinda problem as question 1 

11 hours ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

by this, do you mean check what your equipment can do, like the effects it does and its damage?

What they do and their damage is just the tip of the iceberg, but its the bare essential that's usually represented by the "it kills stuff" ideology...

... I mean, it works, but what I meant goes deeper than that.

10 hours ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

what is the fastest (most efficient) way of getting standing with the Necraloids?

Only from Isolation Vaults, I'm afraid, on Cambion Drift.

1 minute ago, FadeToNull said:

any rate, if you're gonna make a stern declaration, consider explaining it. The only thing I'm aware of that's magic about 16 is it's highest weapon MR gate. Is there something else?

Mb. So you should get to MR 16 because at that point you can unlock everything in the game.

this includes the tenet melees that ergo glass sells which are decent weapons.

This is why I recommend doing both at once, levelling up stuff while your mopping up the star chart.

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Get to mastery 16. That should be your primary goal.

I'd say clearing the star chart is much more important because it unlocks Arbitrations and Steel Path, which unlocks Galvanized Mods and primary & secondary arcanes, as well as key resources & farms.

At any rate, if you're gonna make a stern declaration, consider explaining it. The only thing I'm aware of that's magic about 16 is it's highest weapon MR gate. Is there something else?

On 2021-10-17 at 1:29 AM, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

So, I've been playing Warframe for a while now, however, I still think I'm a noob. So I've been taking notes on how to get better and I wanted to get tips on how to get better. I mainly want tips about enemy weaknesses and how to exploit them but any piece of advice is welcome

1. Get to mastery 16. That should be your primary goal.

2. Clear the star chart. Use the weapons you need to level for nodes your just mopping up.

3. Find a weapon that suits your playstyle (for example most people I’ve seen choose a Kuva Zarr over a Ignis wraith because it’s a bit stronger but I use a Ignis wraith because it suits my playstyle).

4. Do your homework. Find out how you should build your weapons, check out videos, guides, and over frame. My advice is to find a build that you like, or either copy it or take the idea for it so you just try to make it better for your playstyle.

5. Do your other homework. Research what enemies are weak to and mod your weapons for the appropiate faction and situation. For example, corrosive/viral are affective against grineer while magnetic and toxin are effective against corpus. But corrosive is the best element for corrupted.
6. Get a lot of frames. Different frames are good at different things so you should have a large variety of choices for different situations. For example I have Harrow, Lavos, Volt, Sevagoth, Nekros Prime, Rhino, Vauban, Excalibur umbra, chroma, chroma prime, Oberon, etc.  For farming I use Nekros but for survival I use Harrow or chroma prime. 

7. Once you think your pretty strong get a full squad of some powerful dudes and ask them to help you do arbitration’s. It’s the best place to farm endo and uh.. what’s it called? Arbiter essence? Hexis essence? Forgot, but you need them to buy extremely good mods at a store in the Arbiters Of Hexis area. Your rank with them doesn’t affect whether or not you can buy them….

8, if you haven’t already, get a railjack and do railjack missions. You’ll recover parts during railjack missions which you can repair and use to enhance your railjack. It’s also a good credit snd endo farm.

9. Once you think your extremely tough and the world is too easy for you, once you’ve finished the star chart go to Tessin and check out the steel path. Maybe get some help, and complete it.

thats it.

that’s all that’s necessary but an archwing launcher, k drive, and definitely a necramech will help.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

But corrosive is the best element for corrupted

Is it ?

Because the Corrupted consist of so many Enemy Types I found out that just using one or Two Elements isn't going to cut it.... So I use weapons with Innate Radiation but Mod them for Viral + Slash.... Alot of my Kuva Weapons have Innate Radiation as I've found it's useful for Disabling Ancient Healer Auras without having to care about where the actual Ancient Healer is.... If that doesn't work out.... Then there always Punch Through.... This will allow you to Murder The Ancient Healer right through any enemies that are Guarding it.... Except Nullifiers obviously....

10 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

It’s the best place to farm endo and uh.. what’s it called? Arbiter essence? Hexis essence? Forgot, but you need them to buy extremely good mods at a store in the Arbiters Of Hexis area.

Vitus Essence 😝...

unfortunately one does not simply become better in warframe.

One-Does-Not-Simply.jpg

if anything, they become more knowledgeable.

just like lessons in school, college, or work, you don't read one magic book and become knowledgeable. it's a cumulative result of experiences through reading various stuff and experiencing them.

moreover, warframe is not skill-based, you don't need to be good. give my account to 9 y/o gamers, they'll destroy SP.

weakness in normal starchart is nonsense. just equip slash viral or something, i guarantee 90% of stuff will simply dies. you can equip absolutely wrong elements and still destroy nodes. nobody should waste their time learning these. getting good mods and maxing them out worth way more.

if you ask me, you wanna git gud, then get better gears.
- start with mods. get primed mods from baro, corrupted mods from orokin vaults. 
- then frames. get those nukers. mirage, ember, saryn. get the defensive frames, gara, limbo, frost. the undying, wukong, nezha, nidus, inaros. the invisibles, loki, ivara, ash. use them to finish missions, quests, or to farm for better gears.
- weapons. get the stupid cheap meta stuff. bubonico and co. then kuva and tenet weapons. at this point you should be tackling SP and arbitrations because those weapons are only as good as the mods and arcanes -which you'll get from SP and arbi.
- lastly, you can pimp stuff like mechs, railjack, archwings, archguns. but only invest in these if you have covered your basics. they're there to make strong tennos even stronger, they don't make weak tennos magically strong.

by the time you reach the point where weaknesses matters, you'll have everything memorized you won't even have to learn anything.
take your time, warframe is a marathon, not a sprint. make a list of stuff that you want. if you can't get an item, don't be stressed just move on to the next item on your list. try it again tomorrow.
do one thing at a time. when you're looking for a mod, don't worry about your railjack or archwings. just concentrate about that one mod you want. warframe can easily overwhelm people with no clear goal.

good luck, tenno.

10 hours ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

So, I've been playing Warframe for a while now, however, I still think I'm a noob. So I've been taking notes on how to get better and I wanted to get tips on how to get better. I mainly want tips about enemy weaknesses and how to exploit them but any piece of advice is welcome

first off there is no instant be better option.
as warframe is a game of build up of progress.
everyone started as a tenno scrub even us veteran players who been playing for 6+ years started out struggeling to get around the map an kill things.

first off finding enemy weakness isn't hard as there is a wiki that shows you what each enemy is strong an weak to.

take a look at a weapons stats as if say it has higher status chance but low crit chance it be pointless trying to boost its critical as you be better off taking full advantage of its status.
if say a weapon has impact an puncture on it an you try to put a slash mod on, then your wasting time as slash, impact an puncture if its not already on the weapon trying to add wont work, as its not like elementals which can be added to any weapon easily.

join a clan that you feel comftable with, as you don't want to join a clan where your harrashed by older members cause of you being a new player.
a true tenno when they see a new player will be like O_O OMG a new person >.> I MUST TEACH THEM THE WAY OF THE FRAMEAGE.
Get in a clan you enjoy an make you feel is worth remaining part of.

build 2 sets of extractors to deploy on planets as this way your able to constantly get passive amount of resources. As the time for a set of extractors to be fully repaired an usable is the same amount of time it takes for one to finish working.

6 hours ago, FadeToNull said:

Without knowing any of that stuff, here's my best advice. There's this YouTuber named Brozime. Currently he's doing this thing he calls a "Free to Play." Basically he starts a new account and plays through the early to mid game, leveling gear and clearing content. (NOTE: DO NOT DO THIS YOURSELF. It's a banable TOS violation. He established permission from DE beforehand.) If you watch his "Free to Play" you will learn a lot about the game.

a user is able to make a new account. It just the two accounts can not have any interaction between each other aka trading, doing missions together, gifting items with platinum to each other.
the only time a user if making a new account is if they get banned an make a new account to keep playing. As they are trying to circumvent the ban.

as players have made new accounts just for the use of relearning the basics, or just for showing off they are still able to do something with a low tier account status.

9 hours ago, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

Basically, in general, I'd say two main things:

*How you play: eg, movement, aiming (headshot and other weakpoints), parkour & avoiding fire by staying mobile and airborne. Most of which will be practice and planning.

*Understanding mechanics: eg damage types, effects, bonuses, bypasses, mods, damage reduction, fall-off, synergies, different strategies.

Asking specific questions, reading the wiki and finding guides.

But most of all, outside of specifically farming something, your succeeding if your having fun; so don't go overboard and burn out.

:) .

On 2021-10-16 at 10:29 AM, (PSN)DEAD_LOCK55 said:

What are some of your favorite frames and weapons? Making them stronger is the first thing to do. Most frames and weapons maxed and formaed few times can be very strong. Also share your builds.

52 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Because the Corrupted consist of so many Enemy Types I found out that just using one or Two Elements isn't going to cut it.... So I use weapons with Innate Radiation but Mod them for Viral + Slash.... Alot of my Kuva Weapons have Innate Radiation as I've found it's useful for Disabling Ancient Healer Auras without having to care about where the actual Ancient Healer is.... If that doesn't work out.... Then there always Punch Through.... This will allow you to Murder The Ancient Healer right through any enemies that are Guarding it.... Except Nullifiers obviously....

11 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Cmon bro we have 3 weapons. Pull out melee for infested, pull out secondsry for corpus, pull out primary for grineer. I just use a corrosive Ignis wraith. It does the job, and compared to viral it does LESS damage, since corrupted have more armor and less health.

Before reading my wall of text please tell me, what mods do you use on your weapons? And the lv of the enemies you face?

I use viral or corrosive against everything, with a few exceptions

If the weapon has a high fire rate: viral

If the weapon has a low fire rate: corrosive

If its a really high level content with modifiers (3rd sortie mission with resistance or eximus stronghold/steel path/index/etc.) Go with the faction weakness:

Grineer: corrosive

Corpus: magnetic

Infested: slash? Or corrosive because ancients? I don't think I ever bothered

Corrupted: radiation (bomrbards) or corrosive (heavy gunners)

Sentients: corrosive/radiation or use *second dream spoiler* to remove resistances

But honestly, from my experience you don't need to focus too much on elemental weaknesses that much for 80-90% of the content

My loadout is: rubico prime, pyranna prime and nikana prime for 99% of the game content using that high/low fire rate system

Archived