Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

I do kinda wish regal aya was somewhat more affordable as its still £16 for a single noggle coz you can only buy it and thats the cheapest option ill just keep an eye out on the market chat for those specific warframes and sadly have to give armor packs and the valkyr noggle a miss as much as id love them 

• Like 3

I know this was a difficult outcry to manage. I myself was upset and trying not to be toxic about it. I can understand why paying one premium currency to more or less immediately switch for another is perhaps a bit backwards from pure logical perspective, but the Platinum was a good portion of why Vault packs were so appealing. Thank you for taking time to re-evaluate. It'll be worth waiting for the full deploy. A listening ear is always appreciated, even amidst a mob. Perhaps some of us can learn a lesson there as well, and approach things more reasonably in our own feedback. Criticism breeds improvement, hate brings ruin.

• Like 4

So it was the constructive criticism that made them change it despite all the postings about not being able to due to 'contracts' etc..... yeah more like the negative PR on a LOT of major social platforms hurt sales.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 16

8 minutes ago, Rachel_Darc said:

It is things like this that make me support DE.  Even through the arguments in chat yesterday, I supported DE and their decisions.

This was not 'pay to win', it never was.  DE doesn't believe in 'pay to win'.

It was, like many other things a 'how much is your free time worth' question. And now, it very much continues to be so, but with more reward if you feel the need to speed things up.  There's nothing here (that provides benefits) that you can't get just by spending time playing. If you spend money, it's because you want things sooner. Perhaps you have only a little free time, and it would take far too long to get the things you want? Maybe (like me) you're a bit impatient, and like the shiny things now.

Nothing wrong with any of this.

Thanks, DE. I appreciate what you've done here. :)

Yeah 100%, this is good, keep it up DE

15 minutes ago, GreyKestrel said:

I thought the prices were fine as-is, but I appreciate you listening to the community even if I'm in the minority on the issue. And most of all, I'm sorry you had to deal with so much rage, bile, and sometimes outright personal attacks and racism.

Thank you for continuing to provide a fantastic game that gives a lot of fun to a lot of folks. 💖

From what i found out talking to my freinds in different countries there was 9 dollars in russia 20 in usa 27 in canada and 500 yuan wich was 80 dollars in china. 

• Like 3

could you also make it so people who dont want to spend real money can buy all the stuff? Not just the people who paid real money? Im sure the people who dont wanna spend money would pay 1.5-2times in norm aya for the items as well and i noticed some cosmetics and even the primed extractor are both locked behind the pay wall among other things :/

• Like 5

Please make a cheaper Regal Aya purchase path.

I don't want to be forced to pay more for Regal Aya simply because the bundle has platinum for added value, I know you added the platinum because the bundle didn't feel worth enough, but you should've also made a cheaper bundle without added value via platinum.

If there was a bundle that you could purchase that was only Regal Aya, without the platinum, for a cheaper price, I'm sure many players would appreciate this, as would I. With the current monetization path being so expensive, and a chunk of it's value being in platinum, I don't plan to ever spend a single cent on this unless there are changes. Whereas I buy every single prime accessory bundle, but this is just disappointing as is.

Also maybe give an F2P path for Noggles? Something ridiculous like 10 Aya -> 1 Noggle, I don't know.

Edited by Maggy
  • Like 13

33 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Tenno,

Building a new economy is tough. Despite Prime Resurgence being a best-selling Vault debut, we are making changes to what was introduced yesterday in the Regal Aya Packs by adding Platinum. The changes we are making are a result of what you want to see from us as a Developer and what we want for ourselves: good monetization.

Our intentions were always good monetization, but we have some learnings we'd like to share regarding intentions and executions when building an adjacent economy:

We misunderstood what some players valued most in the prior Vault packs: Platinum. We stand by our initial reasoning that Regal Aya was a good value for players interested in flexibility, but we now better understand what other factors our players consider when making purchasing decisions. This value of player purchase flexibility was justified by the sales (as this is our best debut to date), but that honestly doesn't matter if there's still misalignment between us and players who want to support us.

"We want Platinum", said many.
"But these aren't Platinum packs", we'd think.

We don't want this event, which is aimed towards improving the Unvaulting system, to be held back by our misstep on pack value and our rigid (but well-intentioned) thinking in separating the Regal Aya and Platinum currencies. So, we have a change coming:

Platinum will be included in Regal Aya Packs. It will be retroactively given to those who have already purchased and added in as soon as possible for future purchases. A timeline for this will be provided shortly.

We are in the testing phase of this now thanks to our team.

The amounts will be:

• 3 Regal Aya: 200 Platinum
  • 7 Regal Aya: 400 Platinum
  • 15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum

These values were chosen to closely match the Prime Vault, while also accounting for the fact that these are re-purchasable whereas Prime Vaults are not.

The technical limitations related to how our offers are shown in different marketplaces are still in play for how a player will know they receive this Plat, but we will solve this over the coming months. So in many ways, it's an 'invisible' addition until all store-fronts can be synchronized (invisible in store, present in accounts that purchase). Until then, there will be inconsistent presentation across platforms, but the Platinum will be there. We thought it wasn't possible at the time of our last posting, but our team has worked wonders and was able to find a way.

We did not want the Premium currencies to overlap, but players do because of the value in our prior Prime Vault offerings. We are opting to adjust our stance for the benefit of the community at large who weighed in with perspectives and feedback that considered all factors. Those who chose to be toxic will be able to participate in this change thanks solely to the constructive feedback that occurred - toxicity is never tolerated or rewarded.'

Moving forward you will get more value on top of the much-desired flexibility. We apologize for any stress (thanks for those who kept the peace). See you around Varzia, Tenno!

This does help a lot but in my opinion it does not come close to fixing the issue as most people only have the money for one pack or two at most in a month with out going into savings or breaking bank, to be totally honest in my opinion is not how much we get for Example $40 but rather that it costs $40 and that adds up super quick and I don't blame anyone who can not afford this event, I also have not forgotten that yes you can farm AYA in game but as of now the drop chances are a bit low and most people I have bean talking to are annoyed by this or even giving up entirely on this event due to the price/value ratio being so out of whack. But i will say again thank you for including platinum as that does help justify the price a little.

EDIT: In short you could also go a little higher up the list and refer to what Maggy says as its about the same thing.

"Please make a cheaper Regal Aya purchase path.

I don't want to be forced to pay more for Regal Aya simply because the bundle has platinum for added value.
If there was a bundle that you could purchase that was only Regal Aya, without the platinum, for a cheaper price, I'm sure many players would appreciate this, as would I. With the current monetization path being so expensive, and a chunk of it's value being in platinum, I don't plan to ever spend a single cent on this unless there are changes. Whereas I buy every single prime accessory bundle, but this is just disappointing as is." -Plain and simple and i agree 100% as it is un affordable for most so it just leaves the farming method but that's not where it could be right now either, in all not a great start

Edited by ToxicChimpGaming
  • Like 4