Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

The first two tiers are great; the last one is an utter scam comparatively to the  final unvault bundle.

$60 for two prime frames, prime accessories, four prime weapons bboosters, and 1200 plat

Comparatively, 15 Regal Aya costs $80 and gets you the same things, sans boosters

I understand that for 10 Regal Aya you get everything, but there still seems to be a price discrepancy here

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Falcifer said:

I find it disheartening if this is DE's official understanding of what happened.

I don't consider myself part of the loud opposition to Regal Aya but what I saw people complain about was not the lack of platinum with the Regal Aya bundles but rather that the bundles lacked platinum while costing the same. Simple having the bundles cost a little less ($15.99 vs $19.99) would have avoided all of this.

Also

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It is the sort of thing I would expect out of EA: "We are very successful and look at all these people who are willing to pay us but out of the kindness of out hearts we will improve this" as a response to people upset about having to pay more to get less. A good and right monetization model should be true regardless how "successful" it is otherwise all you need to do is to point at whales and irresponsible spenders as justification, like EA.

I am glad for the change and it is the right thing to do but at the same time I've lost confidence in DE as a company, hopefully I'll see it won back.

And you think that they're going to admit to anything else? Besides, how many of those people were in for the targis armor, or the edo prime armor? There's' a reason they put their best foot forward on the cosmetics front. Get all of those people who are 'just once' so they can skew the numbers.

And you really think they'll admit to any wrongdoing? HA that's a laugh. They'll do everything possible to minamize everything. What happened was we went for the wallet and made it clear AL they would get are the incidental one off sales.

But I agree with you. Their takeaway was the absolute wrong takeaway. It wasn't that the plat was lacking. it was the cost without that value. THey could have either reduced the cost, or given plat. Given platinum is a literal Nothing good beyond numbers in a database? THey made the call that they would rather do that, than to reduce the per sale price.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, FirePhoenix2410 said:

This must be some sort of Typo, because:

03 Regal Aya: 0200 Platinum => 18 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum
07 Regal Aya: 0400 Platinum => 21 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum
15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum => 15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum

03 Regal Aya: 0200 Platinum => 18 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum [6 purchases @ 20 USD = 120 USD]
07 Regal Aya: 0400 Platinum => 21 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum [3 purchases @ 40 USD = 120 USD]
15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum => 15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum [1 purchase @ 80 USD = 80 USD]

Higher priced bundles are supposed to be better deals so it checks out fine.

Edited by syvsekstini

Good change.  My sample size isn't great, but this the primary feedback I was hearing as well.  I'm happy the decision this time was not wait and let it play out.

55 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We did not want the Premium currencies to overlap, but players do because of the value in our prior Prime Vault offerings. We are opting to adjust our stance for the benefit of the community at large

I would argue that Platinum is only "semi-premium", because it's tradable.  You can obtain it without shelling out cash money.  Not counting Tennogen, the only purely "premium" items in the game have always been just prime accessories.

From that perspective, incorporating plat into Regal Aya is perfectly consistent.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, --Nightcore-- said:

Please ! Paid me back 200 plats , I bought 19.99 for nothing with it , only 3 regal aya . such ridiculous ! 

If you carefully re-read the whole thread, all of your worries will melt away. 

She explains everything. Including that people like you who already bought will be retroactively given your plat, it just isn't going to be immediate, and Danielle already stated they will give a timeframe for it soon. 

She also said there may be a discrepancy in the UI's for a while, because they really ARE doing this with spit and duct tape at the last minute to please people, and so it is going to be done kind of messily. It isn't going to look neat. But rest assured you will get your plat, just be patient. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We want Platinum", said many.
"But these aren't Platinum packs", we'd think

That's what I was saying. Buy plat if you want plat, buy Regal if you want accessories 

1 hour ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

The amounts will be:

• 3 Regal Aya: 200 Platinum
  • 7 Regal Aya: 400 Platinum
  • 15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum
1 hour ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

And with this change, the Regal Aya system is now an objectively better value proposition than the old Vault system.

Long live Regal Aya!

Ikr??? We are spoiled I tell you.

But I have to say, you guys at DE have a big heart for making the change anyway, and still finding a way to listen despite the absurd and shameful amounts of immaturity and toxicity. 

Much love to you guys truly!  You guys are DEbest

🥀🥀🥀🥀

Also, I would love it if toxicity could be a ban-able thing on these forums. There's a clear line between being constructive and toxic. I.g.

"Regal aya is a higher price than normal accessory packs"

Constructive 

"You guys are a bunch of evil leaches treating us like sheep. You think we are stupid, you are terrible for trying to raise the prices on us".

Toxic. A bunch bashful assumptions that benefit nothing. Immaturity 

Let the Constructive people be the ones to speak.

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim
  • Like 4

So, as one who bought Raya before the change... Yes, I was the one who wanted the Prime Edo Armor. ^^; I'm guessing I'm considered an "Early Backer" in the event. I'm definitely happy about getting Plat added to my account because of this change (Thank you, DE!) but still wondering about why people want lower prices on the Raya Packs. You know, if they do that, they could say, "Hey, you wanted lower Raya Pack prices? Here you go, but no Plat for you!" which could f over the "Early Backers" and also make the Vault Packs seem like you're getting them for half price as well... But I talked about that in a different thread before the change was announced.

I know some people are still upset at the Raya prices even with the added Plat, but can we PLEASE all agree this is a step in the right direction for DE to change what they messed up on the day before? Like I said, I'm happy with the change myself and will be buying more Raya Packs because of this change.

Glad to see this change! 

Everyone ive talked to has been really worried that regal aya is going to replace plat. This is at least a step to show that its not meant to. 

Now if only the cosmetics were available to us poor people who cant afford to buy regal

Thank you for adding this. From a buyer's perspective it allows you to gain things from this even while also adding a way to spend resources elsewhere. From a personal perspective I still believe this is still not worth it but I also enjoy grinding for my gear. The only thing I would like to see is the ability to get the armor pieces and other decor with Aya instead of Regal Aya even if it was say 15 or even 20 Aya. I enjoy decorating my Frames and ship but having to spend a lot to get them is kind of a wall for me. 

Is the issue not that there is now a resource that is only obtainable by spending money? Whole reason plat is great is because you can earn it in game by trading as well as buying it, this Regal Aya mess is a blatant cash grab and a spit in the face those those who grind to get these frames, weapons etc. whether to use or sell, either way they earned it.

If it wasn't a cash grab you'd have just used platinum as the currency instead of a rich man's currency to outright buy the item accompanied by a poor man's currency that involves more grinding and RNG that insults the aforementioned who have done plenty of that in the past and have the plat to show for it, which is completely worthless here without a conversion method.

• Like 5

While appreciated I still think that it would have been better just to reduce the prices of the packs (like proposed by many people giving feedback on the other thread).
This way players who needed/wanted platinum could have used the price difference to buy it, the players that did not really need the platinum could have made a fair deal and DE as company could stick to their "we don't want two premium currencies in one pack" commitment.

A win-win-win.

It also would have been a better solution for the market which now is being flooded with platinum. But ok....

Edited by OP-R8R
  • Like 3