Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

Ladies and gentlemen, the reason why I will always respect DE.

After implementing a bad monetization scheme, they don't try and push it as is to get quick money, but rather listen to community feedback and improve upon their systems in a fair way.

Thank you. This is an amazing change and makes Regal Aya something I will definitely buy once something I need comes into rotation. 

• Like 5

Ty. The value before hand was atrocious. This puts it on par with what you have continuously offered.

I get that when you say "hey these aren't platinum packs" but the thing is the platinum is an added value to the vaulted packs. Nothing of value was added to the regal thus putting its value for lower than just buying the vaulted packs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

THey'll run a script and it will be rectified. They have promised a timeline and given hard numbers. If they back out of this now that is an even worse look than before, so they will deliver.

Have a little faith that they will follow through, if only to save their own necks.

Yes there will be problems and other incidents that feedback will need to be provided and acted upon but...?

For now I will hold my snark to one side. I want this to be a thread of positivity. Sure, day before it was 'oh we can't we can't.' and now 'we will we will' so obviously something made that change.

So, to those that say this still is not enough? I say bully to that! The 200 plat amount was cited loudly and often and they have delivered on this. The reduction between vault packs and thi is an acceptable convenience cost. 

So let us reward them by opening wallets where possible.

I think now that they have added platinum, it is fair for there to be some disparity between the regal aya packs and prime vault packs, because, and sometimes I don't always agree with PR reasons given, Danielle has a good point in saying that regal aya packs can be bought over and over, whereas a prime vault pack or prime access pack can only be bought once. Your discount plat from a prime access or prime unvaulting is once only so they don't lose too much money from discounted platinum. 

I am ready to open my wallet now. As a voice who talks too much I made it clear what I wanted was plat included. They put in plat. So I am going to literally put my money where my mouth is and buy some regal aya. 

• Like 6

Good show DE, this is why you're my favorite game dev studio. Sometimes you make mistakes, with perfectly good reasons too, but you're willing to take a step back and make it right for the community (toxicity aside) so that Warframe can be the best experience it can be. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, littl3wolf said:

No. Aya has literally just replaced the drop table of unvaulted relics. Considering it is a 1:1 pricing model, aya is a better system because you are choosing which relic you want. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the way aya exists in game right now

And that's what annoys me: Bounties, the main way with a high % to get aya, are still a buggy mess. Fortuna bounties are my favorite but they are FULL of bugs.
Enemies don't spawn, 1 cache spawns underground while 2 are outside, data key carriers not spawning or spawning in faraway place where going after them means failing the bounty.

The game keeps on focusing on heavy RNG, long missions with little reward, and we have to lose our extra roll (that we earn for doing a good job during the bounty) because devs can't bother to fix 3 year old bugs? Also, steel path bounties are still a huge wasted opportunity

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Danielle:

The amounts will be:

• 3 Regal Aya: 200 Platinum
  • 7 Regal Aya: 400 Platinum
  • 15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum

This must be some sort of Typo, because:

03 Regal Aya: 0200 Platinum => 18 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum
07 Regal Aya: 0400 Platinum => 21 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum
15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum => 15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum

Screw that, I misread some stuff!

Edited by FirePhoenix2410
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We misunderstood what some players valued most in the prior Vault packs: Platinum. We stand by our initial reasoning that Regal Aya was a good value for players interested in flexibility, but we now better understand what other factors our players consider when making purchasing decisions. This value of player purchase flexibility was justified by the sales (as this is our best debut to date), but that honestly doesn't matter if there's still misalignment between us and players who want to support us.

But understood that players wanted Endo? Is there a reason why the endo as the "replacement" isn't mentioned in this announcement? As to me this was the main driving factor that was supposed to be talked about as to not having platinum as the added bonus with Regal Aya and this "endo" is absent a day into the event? I should also point out that the endo replacement was hardly advertised whereas platinum is heavily advertised in prime access packs which makes the statement about it taking "coming months" to fix on all advertising fronts a little bit suspicious. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We did not want the Premium currencies to overlap, but players do because of the value in our prior Prime Vault offerings. We are opting to adjust our stance for the benefit of the community at large who weighed in with perspectives and feedback that considered all factors. Those who chose to be toxic will be able to participate in this change thanks solely to the constructive feedback that occurred - toxicity is never tolerated or rewarded.'

I also agree premium currencies shouldn't overlap but at the same time there shouldn't be too many premium currency options available for people to be overloaded with. So I hope this thought is kept in mind if another currency comes forth. The valuation of regal aya being in low denominations already made me skeptical of the premium currency.

I assume by "toxicity" you mean players that never intended to purchase regal aya in the first place? That chose to be as vocal as they could just to see a change that didn't affect them without actually seeing what people are arguing about.

Overall, pretty okay with the change might actually reconsider and see what accessories each of the bundles are and pricing them out for weighing my options on regal aya which was not going be the thing before this change.

Was not expecting this to be the first thing about this event. I honestly thought Aya acquisition methods would be the first thing to be talked about from this event (Would still love to see this talked about imo since everyone has already made guides and such about it not even a day into the event).

Edited by XHADgaming
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We misunderstood what some players valued most in the prior Vault packs: Platinum. We stand by our initial reasoning that Regal Aya was a good value for players interested in flexibility, but we now better understand what other factors our players consider when making purchasing decisions.

I find it disheartening if this is DE's official understanding of what happened.

I don't consider myself part of the loud opposition to Regal Aya but what I saw people complain about was not the lack of platinum with the Regal Aya bundles but rather that the bundles lacked platinum while costing the same. Simple having the bundles cost a little less ($15.99 vs $19.99) would have avoided all of this.

Also

45 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Despite Prime Resurgence being a best-selling Vault debut, we are making changes to what was introduced yesterday

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It is the sort of thing I would expect out of EA: "We are very successful and look at all these people who are willing to pay us but out of the kindness of out hearts we will improve this" as a response to people upset about having to pay more to get less. A good and right monetization model should be true regardless how "successful" it is otherwise all you need to do is to point at whales and irresponsible spenders as justification, like EA.

I am glad for the change and it is the right thing to do but at the same time I've lost confidence in DE as a company, hopefully I'll see it won back.

• Like 13

50 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

we are making changes to what was introduced yesterday in the Regal Aya Packs by adding Platinum

So much for not being able to make changes due to technical limitations, eh? Guess that was another lie. Shocker!

50 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We stand by our initial reasoning that Regal Aya was a good value for players interested in flexibility, but we now better understand what other factors our players consider when making purchasing decisions. This value of player purchase flexibility was justified by the sales (as this is our best debut to date), but that honestly doesn't matter if there's still misalignment between us and players who want to support us.

"We want Platinum", said many.
"But these aren't Platinum packs", we'd think.

I don't especially care that much about the platinum, and I don't think others necessarily do too. We care about value for our money. If you reduced the cost of the Regal Aya to account for the missing platinum, that would've been fine too. But you didn't do that. You were simply charging us more for less.

"But these aren't Platinum packs" you'd think, then how about not pricing them as if they are?

Also none of this addresses the fact that the Regal Aya token system also makes it harder for players to know how much they're spending, and forces players to buy more as they won't have exactly the right tokens to buy what they want.

• Like 10

My concern is that a single noggle costs $6.66.  So assuming there's 33 noggles, it would cost $176-$220 to purchase them all.  If we assume we're buying 33 regular noggles with plat, it would cost $53-$77 to buy 33 regular noggles outright, ignoring the fact that you can trade plat without ever purchasing any. 

I've always applauded warframe on maintaining a great balance between f2p and ptw, but I feel like the prices for this vendor are not appropriate.  $20 for a prime warframe feels very reasonable, if not cheap considering it normally costs $80 to buy it outright.   But almost $7 for a tiny decoration?  I know there's no way to fix it without massive adjustments, but at least give us a bundle with more reasonable prices please. 

• Like 5

Just now, (PSN)SpiritTheOkami said:

Wait Plats what ppl complained about? Not the fact u Can't buy Prime accessories with normal aya xD

Whiel I am annoyed the normal aya options are an ugly sayandana and an event liset skin.... with none of the other event cosmetics on offer?

Eh. I can now feel like I'm not getting ripped off ponying up to buy a pack for the targis armor.

I'm one of those players that makes their irl money purchase decisions based off of the value of the plat and boosters that came with the New primes and the plat that came with vaulted primes. Because of that I was really hesitant to even consider purchasing any Regal Aya because I couldn't convince myself into the value and decided that I could wait however long it would take for things to come back into rotation.

With this change though I'll be able to convince myself into buying a Regal Aya pack or 2. Thanks for the changes DE 😊

• Like 2