Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Upcoming Corrections with Regal Aya: Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

The thing i don't like with Regal Aya is it feel a bit more restriceded then the pack but at the same time its is more versatile. I'm not 100% sure on what to feel about it but expecting things to work flawlessly in the beginning is a fools hope.

But on the side not of Aya, i've discoverd a bug that if you puchase relic pack from a syndicate and you get Aya on all 3, the screen is blank and the buttons dissaper.

Pressing Esc resolved the issue however.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, xKylesx said:

Thanks a lot for listening to the feedback, even though a lot of people provided toxic criticism 

Sometoxic criticism (not a lot) is usually needed to make giants notice the small guys but some toxicity gose to fare (like cursing, threatening, death threats, ect...) but some more light smaller things are  just right and When it comes to money you bet there will be toxic behavior 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Tenno,

Building a new economy is tough. Despite Prime Resurgence being a best-selling Vault debut, we are making changes to what was introduced yesterday in the Regal Aya Packs by adding Platinum. The changes we are making are a result of what you want to see from us as a Developer and what we want for ourselves: good monetization.

Our intentions were always good monetization, but we have some learnings we'd like to share regarding intentions and executions when building an adjacent economy:

We misunderstood what some players valued most in the prior Vault packs: Platinum. We stand by our initial reasoning that Regal Aya was a good value for players interested in flexibility, but we now better understand what other factors our players consider when making purchasing decisions. This value of player purchase flexibility was justified by the sales (as this is our best debut to date), but that honestly doesn't matter if there's still misalignment between us and players who want to support us.

"We want Platinum", said many.
"But these aren't Platinum packs", we'd think.

We don't want this event, which is aimed towards improving the Unvaulting system, to be held back by our misstep on pack value and our rigid (but well-intentioned) thinking in separating the Regal Aya and Platinum currencies. So, we have a change coming:

Platinum will be included in Regal Aya Packs. It will be retroactively given to those who have already purchased and added in as soon as possible for future purchases. A timeline for this will be provided shortly.

We are in the testing phase of this now thanks to our team.

The amounts will be:

• 3 Regal Aya: 200 Platinum
  • 7 Regal Aya: 400 Platinum
  • 15 Regal Aya: 1200 Platinum

These values were chosen to closely match the Prime Vault, while also accounting for the fact that these are re-purchasable whereas Prime Vaults are not.

The technical limitations related to how our offers are shown in different marketplaces are still in play for how a player will know they receive this Plat, but we will solve this over the coming months. So in many ways, it's an 'invisible' addition until all store-fronts can be synchronized (invisible in store, present in accounts that purchase). Until then, there will be inconsistent presentation across platforms, but the Platinum will be there. We thought it wasn't possible at the time of our last posting, but our team has worked wonders and was able to find a way.

We did not want the Premium currencies to overlap, but players do because of the value in our prior Prime Vault offerings. We are opting to adjust our stance for the benefit of the community at large who weighed in with perspectives and feedback that considered all factors. Those who chose to be toxic will be able to participate in this change thanks solely to the constructive feedback that occurred - toxicity is never tolerated or rewarded.'

Moving forward you will get more value on top of the much-desired flexibility. We apologize for any stress (thanks for those who kept the peace). See you around Varzia, Tenno!

Very much appreciated. I will now empty my wallet on regal aya. Thanks!

Edited by (NSW)Sasha-Grey
  • Like 1

On top of the change, which is a very good step, I'm also glad to hear the release was successful.

DE has said in the past that the Prime Vault is their main source of income, and considering how much you can get without spending a cent, I'm inclined to believe it. I'm glad they're making enough to continue making more cool game!

• Like 4

Thank you DE for listening to player feedback and being open and flexible with changes. 

I can't imagine anyone will complain and from what I've seen, all of the comments have been positive. 

It's little things like this that make us glad to support and standby you. Not every company would be willing to take in constructive feedback from the community or implement changes so quickly. You deserve far more credit for that than you've been given. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

These values were chosen to closely match the Prime Vault, while also accounting for the fact that these are re-purchasable whereas Prime Vaults are not.

Thank you. That's all I can ask for.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

So in many ways, it's an 'invisible' addition until all store-fronts can be synchronized (invisible in store, present in accounts that purchase). Until then, there will be inconsistent presentation across platforms, but the Platinum will be there.

Very reasonable.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We thought it wasn't possible at the time of our last posting, but our team has worked wonders and was able to find a way.

Special thanks to the Code Monkeys at DE. 😻 You're awesome!

20 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

thanks solely to the constructive feedback that occurred - toxicity is never tolerated or rewarded.

Agreed! Thank you for your support Danielle.

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

A timeline for this will be provided shortly.

Threat neutralized. Shelve the blood lust.

I am quite shocked at how fast the turnaround was here but... as one of the people who had been vocally calling for a boycott while the value wasn't there?

Thank you.

I plan on opening my wallet when funds become available because of this and I will encourage everyone else to do the same and give just tah bit extra, or at least consider it, if they're able. Because this kind of response to feedback is something that NEEDS to be rewarded.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Platinum will be included in Regal Aya Packs. It will be retroactively given to those who have already purchased and added in as soon as possible for future purchases. A timeline for this will be provided shortly.

Thank you for this. Wish yall luck with the new event, hope everything goes great <3

• Like 2

When starting out with Warframe, the math on Prime Vault was, especially to me on console, "Well, I can buy plat, or I can buy a prime vault for nearly the same price and get a bunch of Prime stuff 'for free' ", so it always made sense that plat was integral to Prime Vault purchases. Prime Access was the same - buy Prime Access from the Xbox storefront, get a ton of plat and another 1200 in plat in boosters. The Prime and the rest were effectively very nice freebies. I never bought plat outright until moving over to PC, where I have always bought it with a 75% off discount code.

Two years on, having collected virtually all the vaulted Prime frames and weapons, and having moved to PC, I didn't mind that plat wasn't included because the convenience of filling in a few holes made up for it, but I did think there needed to be "more" to make up for the lack of plat (boosters, a ton more Endo, something) for newer players.

It's good to see plat added back in, but if the plat becomes untenable in the future, a pack of "wildcard" booster tokens allowing for booster purchases when convenient could be a good alternative. There's no "discount" for 30 day boosters, so their value is fixed, and they're useful for anyone who isn't maxed out.

• Like 4