Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New War Theory

(PSN)Pablogamer585

I took this weekend off electronics to visit my grandpas' town, but on the way there, a sudden thought struct my head about Caliban.

What if Caliban is... Ballas?

Allow me to explain my theory;

As we know from the "Chimera Prologue", Ballas seems to be suffering some sort of metamorphosis that is turning him into a sentient, starting by the legs and splitting his torso in half, almost to the neck zone, little more and he'll be.
Now, taking a look at Caliban when fully shown in this last Devstream I took notice of one of his most "noticeable features" is being split in half too, and I started thinking, "What if Erra has forced Ballas to tell him the process to transform humans into warframes, and he is using him as the test subject, combining him with sentient technology as the ultimate weapon against the Tenno?"
And yes it is actually kinda common to see half-split sentients so it is logical Caliban or Ballas will be no exception, but to create a Warframe, a human must be sacrificed, be a Dax, or an Orokin.

There's a couple more things that made me relate Caliban to Ballas.

First, at the beggining of The Sacrifice summoning three sentients to reduce Umbra, the exact same ones that Caliban can summon with his first ability, although I comprehend someone will point this out and say there were more or it was Natah's orders.

Second, the Orokin have this strange defect that makes one of their arms be abnormally longer than the other, and what do you know, Caliban's left arm seems inhumanly bent upwards and then back down (Though this is looking more like a shoulder pieces than an actual fully-bent arm, but perhaps someone sees what I see).
However, it is true as remarked by my brother that the arm does not match, as in Ballas it is his right one, and on Caliban, his left.

There are a couple things we don't know yet about the New War, such as the giant Kuva opals that were shown on the special relays.

All in all, this theory could be really macabre and twisted if it ended up being true, but a lot of changes should happen to Ballas' current state, for him to become Caliban.

Let me know what you guys think.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

I took this weekend off electronics to visit my grandpas' town, but on the way there, a sudden thought struct my head about Caliban.

The irony would be delectable. Even more so if we end up using the Paracesis to take him down in a fight. I'd be surprised if this ends up being the case though.

53 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

I would say that this is unlikely if only because we have already been shown artwork for Ballas's next form on a Devstream.  I would link it but I couldn't easily turn up the picture.

54 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Second, the Orokin have this strange defect that makes one of their arms be abnormally longer than the other

This is super semantic, but I'd be shocked if the longer arms weren't both intentional and desired; given the immense power of the Orokin, and the fact that they get to choose their own bodies from what are essentially body-breeding slave auctions, I imagine that if they wanted something as simple as a shorter arm, it would be well within their reach.

hace 25 minutos, (PSN)Unstar dijo:

This is super semantic, but I'd be shocked if the longer arms weren't both intentional and desired; given the immense power of the Orokin, and the fact that they get to choose their own bodies from what are essentially body-breeding slave auctions, I imagine that if they wanted something as simple as a shorter arm, it would be well within their reach.

They can finally scratch their backs with ease. Maybe that is what all these years of evolution has led to.

42 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I would say that this is unlikely if only because we have already been shown artwork for Ballas's next form on a Devstream.  I would link it but I couldn't easily turn up the picture.

Search Ballas 2021. You'll see all the concept art for him and the new enemies coming.

I posted the link vs posting the actual pictures incase some are wanted a spoiler free experience.

hace 2 horas, (PSN)Pablogamer585 dijo:

Second, the Orokin have this strange defect that makes one of their arms be abnormally longer than the other, and what do you know, Caliban's left arm seems inhumanly bent upwards and then back down (Though this is looking more like a shoulder pieces than an actual fully-bent arm, but perhaps someone sees what I see).
However, it is true as remarked by my brother that the arm does not match, as in Ballas it is his right one, and on Caliban, his left.

it's a normal sentient arm ligament... 
Reminds+me+of+conculyst+from+warframe+_5Caliban.png

Remember that caliban is a sentient that was turned into a warframe and it often happens that people who are turned into warframe keep some of their physical qualities. The question to ask is: what strain of the virus did ballas use? and weren't the sentient almost immune to infestation?

I think caliban will be the beginning of ballas betraying the sentients or well maybe a past ballas experiment

1 hour ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Tom Cruise What GIF

have you by any chance been doing Fungal Polyps with Daughter? because you must be on something to come to that conclusion lol. 

Ballas seems to be suffering some sort of metamorphosis that is turning him into a sentient, starting by the legs and splitting his torso in half, almost to the neck zone, little more and he'll be.

that's just a part of Sentient aesthetic, nothing more; split shapes, and *questionably* shaped cavities with red and black are featured on just about everything of Sentient design.

he Orokin have this strange defect that makes one of their arms be abnormally longer than the other,

that's not a defect, it was both an aesthetic choice by the Orokin, and - also quite likely - a practical security benefit; you could make doors with panels that would be just out of reach for a normal human arm, but an Orokin could reach it no problem, and the larger arm seems to posess gretaer strength: Ballas can allegedly wield the Paracesis with one hand, while to us, it's a heavy greatsword so we have to two-hand it.

it's only a guess, but I reckon that if Caliban does still exist (and isn't being rebuilt from blueprints like so many frames we've acquired), he's likely just one of Ballas' side projects, I imagine an attempt to combine the best aspects of Sentient tech with Tenno/Orokin tech, perhaps even seeing it as the next evolution for the Tenno, like how Alad claimed Zanuka was (but he was doing that for profit, nothing more).

I'm so much reminded of the whole 'The Stalker is Ballas' thing we had after The Second Dream when reading this.

Our poor long-armed sadistic monologue lover just couldn't be left alone without being transfirmed into a completely separate character, could he?

Archived