Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

akstilleto prime VS. aksomati prime

CaptainSpear

It's mostly personal preference.

The Akstiletto prime is status and impact based, whereas the Aksomati prime is crit and slash based. Arguably the somati is perhaps better on paper, however, I don't like the spool wind-up. I prefer the Stilettos, but you could also argue they've been powercrept over time.

Akstiletto feels way less bland to use, end of the comparison for me.
and doesn't really sacrifice anything for it, still has good Crit and Status, plus nice Base Damage too.

also i like being able to hit the broadside of a Planet, and AkSomati can't.

depends on what you're looking for.

AkSomati Prime puts out more DPS ,and being a slash crit-heavy weapon is always nice, but not everyone gets along with high RoF guns. AkStilettos still hold up pretty well and the slower fire rate makes them stay on target a little better at a distance, plus they have a unique Mod you can get from Father on Deimos. 

personally I like both, but I might be more tempted to take AkStilettos if I want to use a secondary the entire time, whereas AkSomati works really well as a backup to a slow, powerful primary weapon.

Kuva Twin Stubbas are also well worth it, even though it means killing a Lich: I'd argue they are the most well balanced akimbo machine pistols overall. 

I have several forma on both and have actually done a lot of testing on this, and other secondaries because I like building out non-meta or old meta weapons.  I test on level 185 Gokstad officers.  Because of their base 1000 armor, they are a decent amalgam for your average SP special unit.  Tankiest thing I know of that you can summon that doesn't have innate specialized DR like a Nox or Juggernaught variant.  

I have tried several builds on each.  Many turn out with very similar Time-To-Kill and ammo cost per kill.  Using what appear to be the stronger builds testing weapon vs weapon, they both take about a full magazine to kill a level 185 Gokstad officer.  Both have a much longer TTK than current "meta" weapons.  The Aksomati are slightly faster in regards to TTK, but with worse ammo economy, worse reload, and spool up time.  

Neither is a bad choice for any content outside endurance runs or SP, and they run about the same there, with the Aksomati being slightly stronger but (personal opinon.) jankier to use.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I have several forma on both and have actually done a lot of testing on this, and other secondaries because I like building out non-meta or old meta weapons.  I test on level 185 Gokstad officers.  Because of their base 1000 armor, they are a decent amalgam for your average SP special unit.  Tankiest thing I know of that you can summon that doesn't have innate specialized DR like a Nox or Juggernaught variant.  

They also hit like Freaking Trucks... 😱

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

They also hit like Freaking Trucks... 😱

I actually do a series of 3 tests when I'm testing weapons.  I test on 185 Heavy Gunners with AI turned off, 185 Gokstad officers with AI turned off, then again with AI turned on.  TTK means nothing if there's things about the weapon that prevent it from being effective in actual combat.  DPS testing only tells you so much.  One of the reasons why the Basmu is my favorite weapon is because it performs insanely well in actual combat since a little trigger control means zero reloading.  The testing I do is why even though the Aksomati are stronger, I prefer the Akstilletos.  They feel a lot better to use, imo.  

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

The testing I do is why even though the Aksomati are stronger, I prefer the Akstilletos.  They feel a lot better to use, imo

They are also Booben Prime's unofficial Secondary as he was weilding them in his Trailer... 😁

On 2021-12-17 at 5:50 AM, CaptainSpear said:
On 2021-12-14 at 6:41 PM, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

The Akstiletto prime is status and impact based, whereas the Aksomati prime is crit and slash based. 

did anyone forget we got a mod that gives us slash procs from impact procs?

I guess the question is, are you getting better Akstiletto results from a Hemorrhage build than Heat? 

If I test vs. level 170 gunners, they usually survive two Hemo mag dumps, and sometimes 3.   If I do Heat, they often die in 1, and always die well before the 2nd mag is finished.  Very big difference.  One  issue is that I found impact procs are somewhat worse for my headshot accuracy than heat.  Are you doing body shots?

Test builds:  Hornet, Barrel Diff, Lethal Torrent, P. Grineer Bane

Heat: P.Target Cracker, Frostbite, Pistol Pestilence, PHC

Impact: Hemo, Saxuum Spittle,  Frost Bite, unranked Pistol Pestilence (I tried with a maxed one and it did a little worse.)

Do you have an Impact build that's way better, that wouldn't improve the Heat build just as much?  It would have to be a lot better to make up the difference.  I can think of things to try, but I don't want to waste more time on blind testing combos.

(All a bit offtopic.  Although I'd say if Impact Akstiletto isn't beating Heat Akstiletto, it's probably not beating Heat Aksomati.)

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I guess the question is, are you getting better Akstiletto results from a Hemorrhage build than Heat? 

If I test vs. level 170 gunners, they usually survive two Hemo mag dumps, and sometimes 3.   If I do Heat, they often die in 1, and always die well before the 2nd mag is finished.  Very big difference.  One  issue is that I found impact procs are somewhat worse for my headshot accuracy than heat.  Are you doing body shots?

Test builds:  Hornet, Barrel Diff, Lethal Torrent, P. Grineer Bane

Heat: P.Target Cracker, Frostbite, Pistol Pestilence, PHC

Impact: Hemo, Saxuum Spittle,  Frost Bite, unranked Pistol Pestilence (I tried with a maxed one and it did a little worse.)

Do you have an Impact build that's way better, that wouldn't improve the Heat build just as much?  It would have to be a lot better to make up the difference.  I can think of things to try, but I don't want to waste more time on blind testing combos.

(All a bit offtopic.  Although I'd say if Impact Akstiletto isn't beating Heat Akstiletto, it's probably not beating Heat Aksomati.)

You know... I really like your Testing Methodology 😁 !!!

Archived